Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Relationship Between Kaidou and Dofla

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Toniberto's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation The Relationship Between Kaidou and Dofla

Hey guys!
    Just wanted to share something that is bugging me as soon as i read this chapter.
    Law proposed to Luffy to bring down one of the Yonko, so going for exclusion i'd say it could be only Kaidou, because if it was Shanks, Luffy would never accept his proposal, also if it was Big Mama it would be too convenient because it could be said that Luffy is already on short terms with her, then remains only Blackbeard, and I (as probably all of you) think that it's too early for that, so the only possible target should be Kaidou.
    Now why should his plan on bringing down one of the Yonko start by fighting Doflamingo? and also the way Dofla crew keeps calling him Young Master made me think of this, brace yourselves: Doflamingo is Kaido's son!

Waiting for your response maybe i'm forgetting something important, if it is so please enlighten me.
    Last edited by Toniberto; September 19, 2012 at 07:14 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something that is Bugging me!

Quote Originally Posted by Toniberto View Post
    Hey guys!
    Just wanted to share something that is bugging me as soon as i read this chapter.
    Law proposed to Luffy to bring down one of the Yonko, so going for exclusion i'd say it could be only Kaidou, because if it was Shanks, Luffy would never accept his proposal, also if it was Big Mama it would be too convenient because it could be said that Luffy is already on short terms with her, then remains only Blackbeard, and I (as probably all of you) think that it's too early for that, so the only possible target should be Kaidou.
    Now why should his plan on bringing down one of the Yonko start by fighting Doflamingo? and also the way Dofla crew keeps calling him Young Master made me think of this, brace yourselves: Doflamingo is Kaido's son!

Waiting for your response maybe i'm forgetting something important, if it is so please enlighten me.
    I don't want to sound rude, but I might as well say that Dofla is the son Garp too, or maybe WB, or Sengoku who knows... How can I back it up ? Well, I have nothing to prove that, in the same fashion you don't, not at least a single little hint we can link between Dofla and Kaidou

Neither we know who is the Yonko they want to target too (yes, your reasoning is pretty much right when it comes to Shanks and BB, but no BM)

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

the son Garp too? .. Zehahahahahahahahahahah

@toniberto, your resoning about Big Mom is weak man. Even if BM is the yonkou targeted, still there will be so many chapters to read before we could see an eventual meeting between Luffy and BM. I think it would help you to read some predictions about BM as yonkou targeted. Posts about it: here and here.

And, I don't think you need to open a new thread for your feeling about current plot development. It would fit perfectly in the thread for current chapter.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy is Bugging you!

It'd certainly be interesting - if only there wasn't another Yonkou threatening Luffy. Luffy is crazy, but there's no way he'd go fight 2 (of 4) Yonkou, and one of the stronger Shichibukai, just like that, even in an alliance with Law.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Toniberto's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

And so the first part of the prophecy comes true!

Well jokes aside, I was a fool not expecting that Luffy would want to fight Shanks right away...

About the second part of my "visionary" plot, I'm still convinced that Dofla is strongly related to Kaidou, even more now that we know all about the SAD and its relation with Kaidou.

Sorry about bringing up this old topic but I just had to gloat a little bit after the 696

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they are relatives. Business partners sounds more like it. I even think it could possible Doflimgo is the "power behind the throne". Stop SAD production, defeat Dofla, and Kaido is merely a strong pirate, no longer on the same tier as Shanks, Mam, and Teach.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I doubt they are relatives. Business partners sounds more like it. I even think it could possible Doflimgo is the "power behind the throne". Stop SAD production, defeat Dofla, and Kaido is merely a strong pirate, no longer on the same tier as Shanks, Mam, and Teach.
    Kaidou was a Yonkou before the SAD production even started and he still could fight against Shanks and tried to beat WB, so i doubt taking away further Smiles will make him weaker than the rest. I could imagine though that there is a problem with the Smiles.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Relationship Between Kaidou and Dofla

I think Kaidou was just a highest bidder for artificial devil fruits. It was probably the same as with the online demonstration of Shinokuni and selling pseudo devil fruits to everyone is a bad business move.

However, I won't dismiss the possibility that their relationship is not just business. Maybe not father and son, but only friends or something like that. But I don't see them being too tight, since Doflamingo wants to become the king as well.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If that is true, then I wonder why Law made such a point of destroying the SAD facility. There has to be a reason why eliminated SAD and Smile was the first step in his plan, why it was an important key to defeating Kaido. You would think destroying Punk Hazard would somehow weaken Kaido's position.

At the moment, we do not know if defeating Dofla is part of Law's plan. I assume it is, only because Law would expect Dofla to retaliate. Smile might be the only thing that matters to Kaido, not Dofla himself. But permanently stopping SAD production wouldn't be possible until Dofla is defeated.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

If that is true, then I wonder why Law made such a point of destroying the SAD facility. There has to be a reason why eliminated SAD and Smile was the first step in his plan, why it was an important key to defeating Kaido. You would think destroying Punk Hazard would somehow weaken Kaido's position.

At the moment, we do not know if defeating Dofla is part of Law's plan. I assume it is, only because Law would expect Dofla to retaliate. Smile might be the only thing that matters to Kaido, not Dofla himself. But permanently stopping SAD production wouldn't be possible until Dofla is defeated.
    I don´t think the point or plan was to weaken Kaidou but rather to make all of the big players in the OP world move. The death of WB was supposed to immediately mark the beginning of the new era of chaos but all the big players only maintained the peace for 2 years (my guess is that nobody expected BB to take over WB´s territory that quickly and efficiently). This is the point Law tries to change. Since the big players refused to start the new era, the new players are gonna do it. Taking out CC, thus making DD move first, who is also a huge part of the NW, is supposed to lead to Kaidou making a move. Once he moves, the other Yonkou should start to move, too, thus opening opportunities for the new generation. Of course i doubt that it will exactly go that way, especially considering that Law now has an alliance with Luffy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread made me realize what i was saying two years ago (oh man...) in a thread that i won't revive for that sole tiny post !
    When we saw Kaido's island we understood that he was working with Vegapunk at the time. Just like with Kuma, they certainly made a deal which benefits both sides.
    Now that you point up Doflamingo, it reminds me of Moria's "assassination" by his hands. We don't know yet who was the silent partner but with the Devil Fruits' quest in mind, i assumed it was Vegapunk... but what could Doflamingo want in return ?
    Well, it didn't occur to me to link the SAD with this scene up until now.

Basically, both of them work hypothetically with Vegapunk. And Doflamingo with the SAD in hands surely has made deals with powerful characters of the New World, maybe even Kaido. Law, who worked for Dofla, wants to take down this Yonkou in particular. So i'm wondering if he's interested in Vegapunk himself. (seems a bit wrong though)

Another theory, we know that Moria lost his crew in the new world : Maybe it's Kaidou's hobby to destroy pirates crews and Law suffered the same fate as Moria's. Thus, a revenge or, in case which Kaidou doesn't kill but collects people like a weirdo, take back his nakamas from him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I don´t think the point or plan was to weaken Kaidou but rather to make all of the big players in the OP world move. The death of WB was supposed to immediately mark the beginning of the new era of chaos but all the big players only maintained the peace for 2 years (my guess is that nobody expected BB to take over WB´s territory that quickly and efficiently). This is the point Law tries to change. Since the big players refused to start the new era, the new players are gonna do it. Taking out CC, thus making DD move first, who is also a huge part of the NW, is supposed to lead to Kaidou making a move. Once he moves, the other Yonkou should start to move, too, thus opening opportunities for the new generation. Of course i doubt that it will exactly go that way, especially considering that Law now has an alliance with Luffy.
    I'm not going to argue Law's goal. He ultimately wants to throw the New World into chaos, proving the strength of the new generation by defeating a Yonkou. He might only have wanted to draw Kaido's attention, similar to Drake attacking Kaido's island. If all Law wanted was Kaido's attention, why choose to attack at Punk Hazard? It's a hidden facility, hard to gain access to, and not under Kaido's direct control. By attacking Punk Hazard he also attracted the attention of another big fish, and a dangerous one, in Dofla. Even if he wanted the attention of more than one power, on the surface it seems like bad planning to confront two pirates of such stature at the same time. He could always have dealt with one before confronting the other. Now, if by disrupting his supply of Smile, Kaido's position is weakened, the strategy makes more sense. While he'd still have to fight Dofla at full power, if victorious he could then attack a weakened Kaido Pirates. If Kaido is left at full strength, attacking Punk Hazard makes less sense. He could have attacked a more accessible island, without drawing Dofla's attention, while still attracting the attention of Kaido. If he wanted to face more big movers he could then move against them separately, with less risk.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to argue Law's goal. He ultimately wants to throw the New World into chaos, proving the strength of the new generation by defeating a Yonkou. He might only have wanted to draw Kaido's attention, similar to Drake attacking Kaido's island. If all Law wanted was Kaido's attention, why choose to attack at Punk Hazard? It's a hidden facility, hard to gain access to, and not under Kaido's direct control. By attacking Punk Hazard he also attracted the attention of another big fish, and a dangerous one, in Dofla. Even if he wanted the attention of more than one power, on the surface it seems like bad planning to confront two pirates of such stature at the same time. He could always have dealt with one before confronting the other. Now, if by disrupting his supply of Smile, Kaido's position is weakened, the strategy makes more sense. While he'd still have to fight Dofla at full power, if victorious he could then attack a weakened Kaido Pirates. If Kaido is left at full strength, attacking Punk Hazard makes less sense. He could have attacked a more accessible island, without drawing Dofla's attention, while still attracting the attention of Kaido. If he wanted to face more big movers he could then move against them separately, with less risk.
    That´s why i also think that there is a problem with the Smiles which could disadvantage Kaidou. I just wanted to express that Kaidou would not fall behind the other Yonkou (at least from what we know from 2 years back) if he loses CC and thus the SAD production. His plans to expand would probably be disrupted though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We do have to consider that destroying the SAD facility was only step one. This might be one step in an effort to weaken his position, there might be more that needs to be done before they can actually fight him. The cumulative effect of Law's plan might be to weaken Kaido's position to the point where he and Luffy can fight him and win. I don't think Punk Hazard was just a ploy to gain his attention though. Law purposefully chose it, and the consequences will be far reaching enough that he was willing to challenge Dofla first. I think this will more than restrict Kaido's ability to expand, but seriously weaken his ability to defend his position. It might not yet be enough to defeat him, but enough to make that goal more realistic.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

We do have to consider that destroying the SAD facility was only step one. This might be one step in an effort to weaken his position, there might be more that needs to be done before they can actually fight him. The cumulative effect of Law's plan might be to weaken Kaido's position to the point where he and Luffy can fight him and win. I don't think Punk Hazard was just a ploy to gain his attention though. Law purposefully chose it, and the consequences will be far reaching enough that he was willing to challenge Dofla first. I think this will more than restrict Kaido's ability to expand, but seriously weaken his ability to defend his position. It might not yet be enough to defeat him, but enough to make that goal more realistic.
    That of course is possible, i also doubt that Law sees himself and the SHs ready to take on a Yonkou at this point. The emphasis he puts on catching CC is definitely suspicious and suggests that there is more to it (otherwise he could just intend to kill him like DD suggested). The thing is, Law spent a longer time on the island, intending to study something (it is not revealed what though), so i could imagine him having a fool proof plan to weaken Kaidou immensely.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast