Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

13 11.02%
  • 2] Average

29 24.58%
  • 3] Good

36 30.51%
  • 4] Great

33 27.97%
  • 5] Epic

6 5.08%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

1 0.85%
New Reply
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 688 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 688 Discussion / 689 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Nope. You cant use the anatomy book to rule out the posibilities an author has to develop a fictional story. It is just a possibility and only Oda will know how to deal with it. The fact is that Monet's heart is not in the room and we haven read yet what will happen with her. We are in Oda's hands.
    Yes. Yes I can. Because that's what Oda has been doing for quite a while. Whether it is disease of a crewman, a sudden loss of blood over some boobs, the way devil fruit abilities work or the way zombies are made.
    Law's ability so far implies that if a person dies, the severed heart is done with as well. Heart can't continue beating on it's own. If the fog kills Monet, her heart is either going to stop or turn into that stone as well. There's no chance that her heart could be inserted back into her like a memory stick and magically remove effects of the poison fog.

But we all know Monet is probably going to escape the fog and survive. It's even a question if the fog has any kind of effect on snow. For all we know, she could survive by enclosing herself into an igloo.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

mangarule (CCC) version

http://mangarulereader.hostoi.com/MA...ngarule#page=1

Two notes:
    • About the meaning and spelling of the word ‘Mochya’ and its correlative japanese term, CCC pointed:

Quote Quote:
    Her name is written as モチャ. That's pronounced "mo-chya," with "chya" as in "Charlie." … I don't write it as Mocha because mocha is universally pronounced as "mo-ka." Oda may screw me in the end by romanizing her name as Mocha anyway, but I'd rather people pronounce it right in the meantime, because there is no ambiguity about pronunciation.
    ミチヤ would be pronounced "Mo-chi-ya," with three distinct syllables. That's not her name.

In any case, the thing to know is that her name is NOT the same as chocolate-based coffee drinks, and Panda and MS are silly for making all of you believe that it is.

[and doesn’t have any special meaning in Japanese other than being used as a proper name.]

And...
    toy = おもちゃ (If you take the "o" off from the front, you get the character's name).
    Mochi shop = もちや
    • How many hours did past discussion threads take to reach post number 107:

688 in 57 hrs, with the help of k-dom profecy :-)
    687 in 12
    686 in 15
    685 in 14
    684 in 20

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yes. Yes I can. Because that's what Oda has been doing for quite a while.
    No man, this is the point when a fanreader wants to tell a mangaka how he has to write his manga. Then do it, write Oda and tell him he is banned to change what he has been doing on that respect... and good luck with it

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

@Razh: Let me clarify my point. Oda is writing his manga, and he hasn't tell us, (readers), what happens with Monet yet. A fact is that Monet doesn't have his heart with her. My only point is the author could use, on this present moment, that fact as a resource to give a solution to what will happen with his character, about how she is going to scape that situation. I'm not saying that he is going to use it, since I dont know that (I coulnd't know it). I'm only pointing a posibility.

Now, you can't banned literary posibilities, because it simply doesn't work. You can write tons of arguments agains it... Since it is a fictional story, the author can come with an unexpected twist and use what readers thought it was unusable. That is all. So I'm not going over it anymore. I think that discussion doesn't make sense.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I like when universe=English...
    I'm not really sure how adding a y will help pronounce her name correctly. Cha is the good ( and universal) romanization of her name so the other translators didn't make a mistake but that's just my point of view.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm terrified by the possibility mocha can join the SHs,I'm really scared by the fact some of you can think that...jinbe is the 10th member,and kinemon won't join,neither will monet. I hope noone will ever join the crew from now on.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I'm terrified by the possibility mocha can join the SHs,I'm really scared by the fact some of you can think that...jinbe is the 10th member,and kinemon won't join,neither will monet. I hope noone will ever join the crew from now on.
    Mocha won't join... I could see Kinemon and his son temporarily joining like Vivi, but Mocha hell no

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Who thinks that ? You are the first I read speaking about such a possibility...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Matti didn't talk about others thinking about it. Clearly a personal commnet.

I predict Mochya will turn into a giant but will lose control of herself. If Chopper could use his Monster point, it would be a way to have a giants battle, but also a dramatic one.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Mocha won't join... I could see Kinemon and his son temporarily joining like Vivi, but Mocha hell no
    well,kinemon and his son are obviously forced to come back to their island with the SHs,but the fact that momonosuke exists (thankfully) implies that kinemon won't join the crew

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I read it more than once. if it's not here it's in other forums

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

While the chapter might have seemed a bit slow, given the action of the past few chapters, I still liked it.

It gave us good character development, at a good time since one battle just ended. Without this chapter, the kids didn't have any depth. We only knew they needed to be saved, and some little girl was running around for some reason and who cares. But now, we see why Mocha has been trying so hard. And for Chopper, it's the second time he's seen someone eat poison (the first time, it was Hilruk), but now he has the power to save them.

I don't know why people are hating on it so much. One Piece always has chapters like this mixed in. And it sometimes it's when we were expecting more action. But in my opinion, they're part of what gives One Piece depth, and makes the action-packed chapters even better and more meaningful.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Since this is fiction, her heart could save her of the death. Likely you will understand.
    I could see something like that happening, like if Law returned the heart. Either way, there's going to be something that revives the people "killed" by the gas. Mark my words.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it really fascinating how people say they can love one piece for its story writing and building up to epic moments but then we get the same people complaining
    because all they care is fighting and well...more fighting.

What is the point of a fight if there is no emotional stake or buildup in it? What is one piece without the drama?

The kids have been a major plot point in this arc since the early chapters of this arc. I understand that knowing what Law is after and realizing what Dofla and Vergo is up to is important but this is as important if not more as it was introduced first.
    And oda is developing chopper, he could have just left that guy to just appear as the series mascot but this is strong development for him I haven't seen in a long time.

Mocha willing to swallow the drugs knowing how dangerous they are for her friends is just pure and simple courage. When you think about Cc killing them off before they even get to grow up and then a panel with the kids talking about their dreams and wanting to go home, you get why the hell luffy is so pissed at the last page of the chapter.
    Go ahead, say this chapter is boring and awful when we actually get to understand why the SHs went so far to save the kids.

You guys are complaining about Oda taking a break when he have to overlook a movie and have to produce such a detailed work every single week? Oh and he also have a family and a life, just in case you guys didn't noticed. Please don't doubt his effort and hard work every single time he take a break.

14. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The main weakness of this chapter is to come after Zoro one. And the break is more annoying because there is not much to discuss otherwise I wouldn't really care. There will always people to rant about them.
    And I think people don't complain because we don't see fights rather than a pace which didn't really needed to be slower than it already is. It's with chapter like this that I fear I will still have to read one piece in 10 years.
    At least the kids have stopped running. Now everybody shall aim to the room where CC has planed his ambush. I wonder if his fight with Luffy will occur before or after

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well,at least this time luffy will defeat caesar very quickly,he will put all his efforts in that. not to mention the left time is about to finish. I wonder what will happen next...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    It gave us good character development, at a good time since one battle just ended. Without this chapter, the kids didn't have any depth. We only knew they needed to be saved, and some little girl was running around for some reason and who cares. But now, we see why Mocha has been trying so hard.
    For the record, we already knew that Mocha was keeping that stuff away from the kids because it's dangerous, but this shows us why she cared so much. I do hope there's a chance the kids will live. They shouldn't have their futures stolen by a madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    And for Chopper, it's the second time he's seen someone eat poison (the first time, it was Hilruk), but now he has the power to save them.
    I thought that was an explosive potion?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    For the record, we already knew that Mocha was keeping that stuff away from the kids because it's dangerous, but this shows us why she cared so much. I do hope there's a chance the kids will live. They shouldn't have their futures stolen by a madman.

I thought that was an explosive potion?
    I think he ment the Amiudake that Chopper found for Hilruk, to which he drank even though it was poisonous. Dr. Hilruk later drank an explosive substance which killed him, stating that it wasn't a poisonous mushroom or Walpol that killed him etc.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

finally sanji and the marines reached the children and the SHs,next chapter should finally get rid of the children affair,and mocha will be saved. then the actions will be seen again! luffy vs caesar,and vergo vs smoker. about this,I think oda will slow down this fight (and it's better,imo) by making vergo overwhelm smoker,in order to have a more balanced fight and to let law join it.

New Reply
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast