Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

13 11.02%
  • 2] Average

29 24.58%
  • 3] Good

36 30.51%
  • 4] Great

33 27.97%
  • 5] Epic

6 5.08%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

1 0.85%
New Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 688 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 688 Discussion / 689 Prediction

Not a Top 10, nor an epic chapter for me, but still a good and necessary one. I think Mocha is going to be an established character after this arc because of this action - I don't expect her to die. Oda has to make her live, as he has to show Chopper's growth as scientist and physician.

At least there's no uberspectacular cliffhanger that makes me wanna hit my head on the desk because of the break: Luffy's back and angry - but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    mangarule (CCC) version

http://mangarulereader.hostoi.com/MA...ngarule#page=1

Two notes:
    • About the meaning and spelling of the word ‘Mochya’ and its correlative japanese term, CCC pointed:
    Well, going by both Hepburn and Kunrei transliteration tables the ちゃ/チャ ("chi" with small "ya" either as Hiragana or Katakana) is generally transscribed as "cha", not as "chya". However, there's the Nihon and transliteration tables that write ちゃ/チャ as "tya" ("ti" with small "ya" either as Hiragana or Katakana).

The only one I know of that may serve his point in writing the name "Mochya" is the "Wāpuro" which is primarly used to type japanese words on a QWERTY keyboard so the computer makes up japanese Kana out of them. But that doesn't make the spelling right, does it? o_O

But didn't Oda already say somewhere that he actually doesn't really care while creating the character (which is why there's some heavy renaming in foreign versions of One Piece)?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

@hoeru

Well nobody is going to die anytime soon, Oda already killed WB/Ace, because their deaths were necessary for the plot mainly, but characters like Mocha or the kids, don't have any " big " importance to the plot, not at the same level as Ace and WB

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    @hoeru

Well nobody is going to die anytime soon, Oda already killed WB/Ace, because their deaths were necessary for the plot mainly, but characters like Mocha or the kids, don't have any " big " importance to the plot, not at the same level as Ace and WB
    Its a given that very few people dying could have an impact like the death of Ace and WB. But whats more important is who the death or near death experience affects the most. The whole thing with the children and specifically Mocha is clearly all centered around Chopper. There really isn't anything worse then being a doctor and not being able to save people who you consider to be your responsibility. This is why Oda is focusing so much on the children and their deteriorating health. All of the SH's have major goals and obstacles they encounter and have to overcome, but not all of them are like Luffy, Zoro and Sanji where those goals and obstacles are achieved through direct battle against opponents. This might very well be Choppers greatest obstacle that he has encountered, he is faced with the prospect of letting an innocent child die who he took responsibility for.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes ofc, this is centered around Chopper, I just wanted to say that the children (especially Mocha) won't die no matter what happens, we've seen far worse situations (Mr 2 being alive for example, Pell too). It is also a step towards Chopper's dream to be able to cure everything as he stated it while he was begging for Doctorine to make him her disciple

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Why nobody is talking about Zoro's Haoshoku perform? It is so obvious? I expected some detractors about.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Why nobody is talking about Zoro's Haoshoku perform? It is so obvious? I expected some detractors about.
    Haoshoku ? Where that ?

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

There was no Haoushoku from Zoro. Not within the last 688 chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

When Zoro used his awesomeness to make fear to death on Monet.

Want some proof? I have it

Here's a secondary effect of someone affected by Haoshoku, while here happen something very similar with Tashigi... obvious to me.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a secondary effect of someone affected by Haoshoku, while here happen something very similar with Tashigi... obvious to me.
    I am afraid what u have there is not proof but fallacy. effects in manga can be very similar but it doesnt ultimately mean they r the same. tashigi's case is probably from overfatigue and getting bitten. if what u were saying were to be true she would have fallen down after monet was cut in half and wouldnt had the mental capacity to strike at her.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think we were that desperate as to bring back a discussion from last chapter...
    Can we speak about something else than haki during these 2 weeks please ?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

guys,let's talk about the miniadventures: on ace's grave,there were the cups of the brothers,is that a proof that sabo is alive? imo it is

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of mini-adventures...anyone have any good predictions on what's gonna happen to Caribou? I think he's gonna end up joining someone else's crew. Who's crew, I'm not sure...
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I didn't think we were that desperate as to bring back a discussion from last chapter...
    Can we speak about something else than haki during these 2 weeks please ?
    You look desperate. :-) Hold on K-dom!!!!

Talking about the mini-story, there is someone known by Caribou and interested in the secret of Poseidon:

Spoiler show

Last weeks, I was wondering if the mini-story would end with the meeting of Caribou and that person. It was logical to think that, once he left behind G-5 marines and his brother, he was trying to meet that person to do his bussinnes with him/her. This cover seems to take the stoy in a different direction, because the introduction of a storm and a shipwreck would only serve the purpose to take Caribou somewhere else different than his intendend goal.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

/sigh: It's not only the pictures but also the dialogue that you guys have to consider. Oda isn't just drawing amazingly, but is also said to be tricky when it comes to translation - which is the major reason why One Piece comes out last of the "Top 3".

Tashigi explicitly said: "It can't be!!! He didn't use Haki!?" and "... and the fact that she'd be dead had he used haki." Haoshoku is one of three Haki colors: No haki usage, no Haoushoku usage.

And Oda has left yet another hint to show that Zoro did not use Haoushoku in that chapter in while he build up the tense: Zoro could have simply used it to stop Monet's attack on Tashigi (like Luffy prevented Marguerite and Ace being killed with his Haoushoku outbursts) - instead he cut her cheek to lure her off Tashigi's shoulder.

Spoiler: Even further off-topic show

Sorry, Uriel and matzik.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Last weeks, I was wondering if the mini-story would end with the meeting of Caribou and that person. It was logical to think that, once he left behind G-5 marines and his brother, he was trying to meet that person to do his bussinnes with him/her. This cover seems to take the stoy in a different direction, because the introduction of a storm and a shipwreck would only serve the purpose to take Caribou somewhere else different than his intendend goal.
    Well, G5 is apparently somewhere in the vicinity of Punk Hazard, isn't it? So is Dress Rosa, and Doflamingo just sent out Buffalo and Baby 5 to PH. I wouldn't mind Caribou trying to reach Dress Rosa somehow but then runs into them ho just sink his lifeboat...

On the other hand: There's another person we all know who was once after an ancient weapon and went to the New World before the timeskip: Sir Crocodile. Wet ground and dry sand might be a pretty good team...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Caribou will meet Doflamingo. It would be a rare case in which the mini-story and the main story converge. My guess is: the storm will put Caribou far away from the site he was tryiing to go, namely, the hideout of that person who would be interested on Poseidon secret. (Otherwise why to draw a storm and a shipwreck?)
    Last edited by ukimix; November 13, 2012 at 02:28 AM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast