Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

13 11.02%
  • 2] Average

29 24.58%
  • 3] Good

36 30.51%
  • 4] Great

33 27.97%
  • 5] Epic

6 5.08%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

1 0.85%
New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 688 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 688 Discussion / 689 Prediction

Man i need my One piece shot or i am going banana!!The other series release cannot satisfy me.Too desappointing

About Mocha whatever happens to her would most likely affect Chopper since he got close to her.Her death would definitely shake him up. I don't wish for it to happen though!
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I dont think Caribou will meet Doflamingo. It would be a rare case in which the mini-story and the main story converge. My guess is: the storm will put Caribou far away from the site he was tryiing to go, namely, the hideout of that person who would be interested on Poseidon secret. (Otherwise why to draw a storm and a shipwreck?)
    oda probably needs that ship to be destroyed,and caribo to be in trouble. my only hypothesis are that caribo is either gonna reach a place where he shouldn't have ,or he will be eaten and saved by someone. uhm,he may even end up "mooring" at the g5,where he owns the marines and saves coribo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Man i need my One piece shot or i am going banana!!The other series release cannot satisfy me.Too desappointing
    Have you tried Tower of God? (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/tower-of-god-r1 in case you haven't)
    It's amazing.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    I am afraid what u have there is not proof but fallacy. effects in manga can be very similar but it doesnt ultimately mean they r the same. tashigi's case is probably from overfatigue and getting bitten. if what u were saying were to be true she would have fallen down after monet was cut in half and wouldnt had the mental capacity to strike at her.
    Nah, you're wrong. The strongest ambition will step on the weaker one, like Luffy & Coby in Marineford with the last having foath in his mouth. The other thing is really a falacy, just sayin that Sanji moves around with a broken bone it's enough to stop any discussion about capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    /sigh: It's not only the pictures but also the dialogue that you guys have to consider. Oda isn't just drawing amazingly, but is also said to be tricky when it comes to translation - which is the major reason why One Piece comes out last of the "Top 3".

Tashigi explicitly said: "It can't be!!! He didn't use Haki!?" and "... and the fact that she'd be dead had he used haki." Haoshoku is one of three Haki colors: No haki usage, no Haoushoku usage.

And Oda has left yet another hint to show that Zoro did not use Haoushoku in that chapter in while he build up the tense: Zoro could have simply used it to stop Monet's attack on Tashigi (like Luffy prevented Marguerite and Ace being killed with his Haoushoku outbursts) - instead he cut her cheek to lure her off Tashigi's shoulder.

Spoiler: Even further off-topic show

Sorry, Uriel and matzik.
    Pfftt, what do you want to understand man? Tashigi meant Haki to cut, nothing else. The thing about colors is a little weird because i didn't saw any Haoshoku burst in a colorpage, so don't know what to reply.

I'm agreed that was a hint to tense the moment, just like this part, so my point goes to say that Haoshoku uses are more than just fainting, also serves to frighten just like Zoro's, to order like Luffy in Gyojin Island or break another ambition or will like Luffy with Coby or Sandersonia and Marygold.
    Also, we don't have to forget about Rayleigh saying that Haoshoku intimidates after all.

Good to know what you post in the spoiler, thanks Hoeru, i missed it.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter should have been the last one of volume 69. but recently volumes contain 11 chapters,so we should consider the next one the end

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Of I really hate it without net and posting from my phone T_T
    Now onto the chap , I actually liked it. It was nice seeing one little girls bravery Chopper has to save her no matter what.
    Overall it was a good chap . Lol I can't believe Sanji is mixing so good with G5 marines Laughed a lot seeing their entrance . Glad they made it in time .
    The ending was nice . Momo looked so nice there on Luffy's back Oh and I like his serious self . CC is gonna get screwed
    Nice being back

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Of I really hate it without net and posting from my phone T_T
    Now onto the chap , I actually liked it. It was nice seeing one little girls bravery Chopper has to save her no matter what.
    Overall it was a good chap . Lol I can't believe Sanji is mixing so good with G5 marines Laughed a lot seeing their entrance . Glad they made it in time .
    The ending was nice . Momo looked so nice there on Luffy's back Oh and I like his serious self . CC is gonna get screwed
    Nice being back
    Ya we saw Luffy serious only once after the time skip, when he was fighting extremely handicapped under the water. Yet he still completely destroyed a mega-doped fishman. CC doesn't stand a chance if Luffy is actually serious here.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me share some notes I had for a failed review:

Following the track of Mocha’s character, we saw her reacting against the drug contained in the candies in chap 675:

Spoiler show

Here, Mocha knows that she wants to leave, she is scary, that something is wrong with the sheep man and with the whole lab; she knows Nami big sis was right about telling her not to come back… But, she didn’t know nothing about the candy. Although she refuses to go for them, this is not because of some knowledge she has about them, but simply because she wants to leave this place.

After that scene, we saw her again until chap 683, when Chopper explains Nami that Mocha is teaming up with him, and that she is guarding the candies.

Spoiler show

In that point everybody knew that Chopper explained it to her all about CC and the candies.

So, what’s new in this chapter? What for all those panels about Chopper and Mocha? Well, what we didn’t know was that Mocha was going to eat all the candies; that is the new and it’s also the center of this chapter. The first pages shows us how the children persecution ends with Mocha eating them. The following pages show us why she did that and gives its sense to her act. In a close up approach, they shows how she realizes who was Caesar and what were those candies, and how she was not being treated but instead of that being slowly murdered to get some information.

So, the result of the chapter is an unexpected new hero. Let me point that in this arc we have two children heroes: Momonosuke and Mocha, and the author took the time to tell their stories. In both cases, the meaning of their known acts is still in development. We still don’t know nor what will happen to Momo, neither what will happen with Mocha. Now both of them ingest something that will define their destiny which ever would they be. That’s an author choice, and we readers just have to deal with it.

Now, did this arc need another hero to be believable? Many people here feels it didn’t. I think that depends not on what had happen until now with Mocha and all the arc, but on what will happen with Mocha. (My inner voice says: "what are you going to do now with Mocha, Odachi? Please, show me something good, not simply Chopper healing her. Pleeease!!!!")

I’ve been thinking that if Oda would had included the flashbacks of this chapter in previous chapters, Mocha eating the candies would be a really well realized climax in the whole plot. So I’m coming to think that Mochas’s story was not well told. Because in this point, with Zoro’s performance and with Vergo vs Law+Smoker in the rooms aside, the flashbacks have come to be rather an anticlimax, and the whole topic seems to give the reason to that reader that only likes to see fights and... more fights...

Anyway this arc is, to me, just great. As an introduction to Wano country or to Doflamingo’s arc or to the battle that will end with the fall of a Yonkou, I fell very pleased with it. 400millionbellis from AP has wrote a funny checklist of the lines developed in this arc and its current condition (some of them doubtful), that it’s worth to read in this week with no chapter.

Spoiler show

Oh, hi Maztzik ...
    Last edited by ukimix; November 14, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

idk why but with the miniadventures of caribou, i have a feeling, like the undersea tornados that brought the SHs to PH, Caribou is also going to end up on PH due to this storm he is in. I can see the priceless look on his face as the SH are just leaving PH and he is save by them AGAIN.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

predictions for the next chapter: oda will accelerate the children thing,to dispose of them. and rufy will probably reach caesar at the end of the chapter. meanwhile we may see that vergo is giving smoker a hard time (so law's help will be needed)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, Vergo is going to kill Smoker and get away. That's my prediction for the chapter 3 weeks from now.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Text and translation of a recent interview to Mr Oda, here.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome list of resolved and not resolved things, but there are some things that are already resolved.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    I think, Vergo is going to kill Smoker and get away. That's my prediction for the chapter 3 weeks from now.
    the only problem is that oda won't ever kill someone again,at least till the end of the story...

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Who do you thing is going to welcome Baby 5 and Buffalo? Mi hypothesis is: since the fights are: Luffy vs CC / Smoker + Law vs Vergo / Zoros team vs Monet and dealing with children (partially already resolved) / and Ussop, Brook and Kinemom vs a sea stone chain, I say it will be the team with the weakest opponent and with no fighting performances until now. So Ussop team.

New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast