Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nami

46 75.41%
  • Kumadori

15 24.59%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Round 23. (Nami vs Kumadori)

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

First Round 23. (Nami vs Kumadori)

First Round 23.

Nami

VS.

Kumadori
    Last edited by Akainu; October 27, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round 23. (Nami vs Kumadori)

Interesting rematch. Anybody think that Nami is now strong enough to take Kumadori down?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly do!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Kumadori is quite good Rokushiki user, considerably better than Kalifa. Nami got powered-up pretty good during timeskip, but the problem is that her attacks need time to concentrate and then unleash their power, so I doubt she would win if Kumadori just goes for the kill from the start using Soru and Shigan, cause Nami doesn't have speed to evade his attacks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys, Kumadori has the strongest way of attacking: with hair!
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, Kumadori is quite good Rokushiki user, considerably better than Kalifa. Nami got powered-up pretty good during timeskip, but the problem is that her attacks need time to concentrate and then unleash their power, so I doubt she would win if Kumadori just goes for the kill from the start using Soru and Shigan, cause Nami doesn't have speed to evade his attacks.
    Jup no speed. But her miracles, which let her evade fast attacks quite often.

I go also with Nami, unless she meets an powerhouse she wins nearly all fights with her versatility.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Nami's attacks are close to useless against any more or less relevant character. Even those Strawhats wannabes managed to get up quite fast after one of her attacks... So no way any relevant character would feel any problem fighting her. Unless she shoes something in a fight against some relevant character she is weak and her attacks aren't actually useful in a real battle, because she needs quite some time for them to accumulate and then unleash power. While any more or less relevant opponent is fast enough to aproach her before she is ready to strike and then one-shot her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy one, Nami's a walking storm right now. She has the strength of nature; like hurracanes, thyphoons, floods, lightning strikes, etc. Those it can exceed five times the power of Chopper Monster. Also can modificate the weather to put in control any move of Kumadori.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nami Turns invisible... Lions Rod... He Gets Back Up... Gust Sword... He Gets Back Up Tries to Attack... Mirage Tempo... He tries to find her... It starts raining... He says something along the lines of "your parlor tricks won't work on me, all your giving me is a shower"... Lightning Lance amplified by the fact Kumadori is soaked... He stays down...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Nami would win this time. Her new climatact is much faster and more powerful than her old ones. It's pretty responsive, like she showed using heat against Monet. And Kumdori's hair ought to be weak against her climate control, which could make his hair go frizzy

Plus, Nami's shown she's stronger than before, and she had already managed to take down Kalifa, a CP-9. We also don't know if Kalifa was still the weakest CP-9 after getting a devil fruit. Also, Nami's ability works best when she can run around for a bit to set up her attacks, which shouldn't be a problem against Kumadori. In their first encounter, it took a little while for him to catch her.

I'll give it to Nami this time around.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And She seems to be using her artifacts quite smoothly, at the point that we barely notice some stuff.

And I'm a believer that She learn Weather Magic, but shhhh.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, guys no matter how we look at it, but Nami's Clima Tact is only usefull against fodders. Her best achievment seems to be Kalifa and only because Kalifa understimated her and played around too much. Otherwise, Nami would have been dead in mere seconds due to Soru and several Shigans...
    She didn't get faster during timeskip and also her Clima Tact needs time to accumulate power and release it for any of her attacks, so no matter how we look at it, serious CP9 member should take her down without much problems.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd argue that Nami takes this with relative ease. I disagree with the argument that Nami lacks the physicality to win this battle, I believe that Nami has significantly increased her physical abilities during the timeskip. This is most obvious with her ability to detect the fishman sneaking up on FI, and deflect his blade. Fishman have been said to, on average, have ten times the strength of humans. This shows that although she is weak compared to the monsters on the crew, she is still impressive. She has also shown a few weather attacks that are quite quick. The reality is that if she is able to get space between her and Kumadori or pull off her mirages, which she should be able to do with complete ease, she is going to absolutely destroy Kumadori.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, no matter how you look at it Nami didn't show any pspeed fits. She never showed anything in terms of speed or power even compared to Kalifa who is considerably weaker than Kumadori, so how come she will evade in terms of speed, when we know that Kumadori is several times faster than normal humans or Fishmen. Even drugged New Fishman Pirates didn't show speed fits on par with Kalifa, not even talking about Kumadori. And well, if Nami showed any "quick" attacks, they are still weak against any relevant character who won't be playing around with her as Kalifa did. Otherwise she would be one-shotted.
    I really believe that Nami's role is only to be a navigator and maybe take out some useless trash like nameless regular Marine soldiers or regular nameless pirates. Until she shows anything that can suggest otherwise.

Also, we know that Fake Strawhats were damn weak and useless and her attacks only managed to barely hurt them and they got up pretty quick, considering that the guys were all together weaker than pre-timeskip Franky who would have gotten quite a difficult match against the same Kumadori as he had against Fukurou...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to be objective here. Nami is no fighter. She was lucky to survive when Kumadori tried to kill her, she would be lucky to survive now. All the SH trained or learned stuff during 2 years, but that's not enough for someone like Nami to make an astronomical leap and be able to take down a trained killer with superhuman abilities.

If we saw Nami in a serious fight and saw more of what she could do, against someone close to Kumadori in fighting ability, it would have been different maybe.

Also, I hate her long hair, wtf Oda?
    Last edited by Razh; October 31, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast