Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

35 54.69%
  • Aokiji

29 45.31%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

ok even if BB goes all out, If aokiji keeps his distance, he wins...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually the distanse is a problem for Ao Kiji, since it's better to BB to fight like that since he has Quake Quake Fruit to make damn strong earthquakes.
    The only option for Ao Kiji is to speedblitz Teach in the begining of the fight and perform Ice Age on him and then pierce him with his ice spear enough times for BB to die.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, actually the distanse is a problem for Ao Kiji, since it's better to BB to fight like that since he has Quake Quake Fruit to make damn strong earthquakes.
    The only option for Ao Kiji is to speedblitz Teach in the begining of the fight and perform Ice Age on him and then pierce him with his ice spear enough times for BB to die.
    once again, your overstimating his ability, BlackBeard cannot be as strong with the quake quake fruit like Whitebeard...why? simple, experience.
    Basically, Some people, whom train incessantely, still do not achieve full potential of their devil fruits, BlackBeard, has 2 to deal with, so neither will come to their full potential, on top of that, blackbeard clearly puts the yami yami no mi, above, so he would rather use that, and will train more with that then the quake quake fruit.

Furthermore, If you check during the manga, no ability, is constant, that means, that before he can re-use the quake quake fruit he would have to wait, about 10 seconds if not more. For a logia, it's not so, they can keep releasing constantly their devil fruit, the fact that Aokiji is a marine admiral, and has only 1 devil fruit, should put him above both devil fruits, singularly. With some strategy, aokiji, stomps, just check Punk Hazard, just check the range, of their power, Aokiji, can ice age, the whole surface, making unfavourable for Blackbeard, and favourable for himself. Aokiji was also a marine admiral, his battle ability, is miles above that of blackbeard, he will not just rush into battle, he will take his distance analize, and take down his opponent. if he just makes a sword, that is enough, and we haven't even considered haki, Aokiji can just charge, and punch blackbeard with an armament haki punch.

There is no scenario, where blackbeard wins.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on, if Hancock wins over Urouge, you can't be so tard about to let win Aokiji.

Aokiji make distance, Kurohige use Kurouzu, Aokiji throws Partisan spears in mid-air, he's wounded but instead of dying (Ace's were where his heart is) creates Blackhole to the ground, Aokiji lose his powers, Teach punch the air three times, Kuzan is defeated.

Or to be more hardcore, he's absorb by BlackHole and in that dimension is where quake attacks are launched.

He's definitely stronger, and we are here to choose the strongest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Did i just read, that having one devilfruit makes one stronger then having two of them? D:

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard needs to touch a person in order to negate devil fruits. Even if Aokiji steps on the black hole, he has enough time to launch an attack. Like WB did when BB tried to absorb him.

And while BB has 2 fruits, none of them gives him any kind of intagibility. In fact one of them makes him feel more pain than normal. Someone who can freeze a tsunami in few seconds from a distance has an obvious advantage here. The tricks that worked on Ace, who came to battle with BB unprepared, without knowing about BB's abilities, aren't guaranteed to work on someone who knows what BB can do with his powers.

If you're thinking about this realistically, there's no way BB could win, based on the information we've seen so far.
    Last edited by Razh; November 01, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, what about the two years that have passed? Becoming a yonko is such a short time means he does have a pretty good handle of both of his fruits by now. During the war the admirals were afraid of Shanks, so we can assume any yonko will send shivers down their spine.

We do not know how long it took for everyone to become a yonko, but certainly two years or less is quite a feat. We have not seen what BB can do after these two years, but the information on what he managed to become is enough to give him a clear chance in a fight against an admiral.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

If you're thinking about this realistically, there's no way BB could win, based on the information we've seen so far.
    Realistic? Let me ask you and all of thinks Aokiji wins, how will defeat Teach? Drain off all his blood by wounds? Freezed and cut in parts?

You're underestimating Teach so much, He's a D., despite Newgate not acknowledge him as one, he certainly it is, so has this willpower to never cease to achive his dreams; in this case, defeat Aokiji, that also i have demonstrated how he can defeat him, and two forms to do it.

He can absorb him in the blackhole, demolish his iceness by quakes, touching him and defeating him roughly. Also, no one has stated that he's a Logia, he can absorb things like fire and ice (obviously) but also wounds, because when Ace fires his spers, this wounds in the next pages are no where to be found. Indeed the pain stays because is interior like when was affected by Magellan's poison, but the wounds are exterior so can be take up.

The main feats indicates that Teach is above Aokiji, i repeat myself, how can Aokiji win over Teach? I don't understand.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I repeat, based on what we've seen, Aokiji has advantage. What we've seen. I don't care what happened during 2 years. For all we knew, Aokiji could have been training all the time since he lost to Akainu so he can beat him in a rematch. It's all fanfiction. We've seen Aokiji fight with WB and he was doing pretty well. We saw WB beat the shit out of Akainu. Guess what, Akainu survived and kept pwning pirates trying to save Luffy. We know that Aokiji, fought 10 days against Akainu who has devil fruit which has advantage over Aokiji's. And we saw WB beat BB as if he were a child, Now think about all that a little and tell me who's the weakest link there.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe BB can breabk any ice Aokiji uses against him. It was stated that gura gura no mi is the strongest paramecia fruit, said to have the power to destroy the wole world! What can ice do against something like that??? And if this is not enough, he also has a fruit that create f*king black holes! I don't like BB but there's no way Aokiji can beat him. 2 broken fruits + best endurance seem so far + haki (even if he's not so proficiet with it as Aokiji) wins this fight.
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leshrak View Post
    I believe BB can breabk any ice Aokiji uses against him. It was stated that gura gura no mi is the strongest paramecia fruit, said to have the power to destroy the wole world! What can ice do against something like that??? And if this is not enough, he also has a fruit that create f*king black holes! I don't like BB but there's no way Aokiji can beat him. 2 broken fruits + best endurance seem so far + haki (even if he's not so proficiet with it as Aokiji) wins this fight.
    Ice can also kill every living creature in the world. Earthquake creates a humongous tsunami, ice freezes it in 2 seconds. You don't have to ask dumb questions with 3 exclamation marks.
    Whitebeard had quake fruit. Aokiji managed to freeze him just fine. If WB didn't make his mini quake in the last second, the fight would be over. I'm just saying that BB would have to do the same. Can he do it every time? What if Aokiji does something like changing the climate of the place they are fighting on completely? Sooner or later, extreme cold would affect BB and he couldn't fight at his full potential. That's the real power of ice fruit, really.

And I don't know where you're getting this "best endurance seem so far" thing. Really? After everything WB has gone through and died standing. After all the Luffy's battles and Zoro's confrontation with Kuma? After what we saw Wiper withstand on Skypiea? BB's endurance wasn't that special, in comparison.

The way you see BB, it's a wonder he didn't kill all other Yonkou and defeat WG already.
    Last edited by Razh; November 02, 2012 at 05:17 AM.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Arashi
    Well, I don't get your point about Hancock winning against Urouge. Urouge was really useless and one of the weakest Supernovas, while Hancock not only is a Shichibukai with a broken DF, but also is able to break Pacifistas like nuts before timeskip without any problems. It seems that her CoA Haki before timeskip alone was better than entire attacking power of the entire Mugivara crew, so how can useless Urouge would win against her if he would even loose to Sanji or Zoro before timeskip. Not even talking about Luffy.

About BB and Ao Kiji. Even though BB has two DFs, neither of the two gives him an unbeatable fit. Of course he managed to defeat Ace with it, but Ace didn't know anything about his ability, while Ao Kiji knows. Also before timeskip we knew that Ace was obviously strong, but he wasn't as strong with his DF as any of the Admirals and he obviously didn't know how to use CoA Haki, otherwise we would have seen it. Where we know that the guys like Ao Kiji not only are monsters with their DFs, but also seem to be quite great in Haki usage, thus all his attacks will be damn strong and he would be also able to block most of BB's attacks to some extent as we've seen that Admirals managed to block Wb's quakes to some extent, while obviously BB isn't as good with WB's DF as WB was...

Giammaio
    Well, you obviously don't get my point.
    I'm against Blackbeard in this fight. Though I can't agree with you in terms that Teach is as weak as you try to portray him, but let's leave it be as I think we won't get to the one opinion at the end.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to think about this honestly

Well, BB does have the perfect tools to deal with Aokiji : Gravity, Quakes. He can pull anytime Aokiji and just beat the crap out of him, normally, Aokiji wouldn't be able to use Ice Age on BB at all, the moment he'd be touched by BB, he's fucked basically. But then again this is BB we're talking about, he's that careless and a little bit arrogant guy, and Aokiji is just that beast who isn't like BB and isn't arrogant at all

I do still believe that Aokiji would win this one, but I think it would be a close one for him...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Ice can also kill every living creature in the world. Earthquake creates a humongous tsunami, ice freezes it in 2 seconds. You don't have to ask dumb questions with 3 exclamation marks.
    Whitebeard had quake fruit. Aokiji managed to freeze him just fine. If WB didn't make his mini quake in the last second, the fight would be over. I'm just saying that BB would have to do the same. Can he do it every time? What if Aokiji does something like changing the climate of the place they are fighting on completely? Sooner or later, extreme cold would affect BB and he couldn't fight at his full potential. That's the real power of ice fruit, really.

And I don't know where you're getting this "best endurance seem so far" thing. Really? After everything WB has gone through and died standing. After all the Luffy's battles and Zoro's confrontation with Kuma? After what we saw Wiper withstand on Skypiea? BB's endurance wasn't that special, in comparison.

The way you see BB, it's a wonder he didn't kill all other Yonkou and defeat WG already.
    Ice can freeze tsunamis indeed, but it couldn't freeze WB. You can't compare yonkous with huge amounts of water. A tsunami can't counter ice whith another quake as WB, and now BB, can. And yes, I believe he can do it every time until he gets tires and just absorbs the ice with gravity like he did to Ace's fire.

You are right about him not having the best endurance, I totally forgot about WB. But he is in second place. He was pierced by two fire lances, took a point--blanck quake on his head, a gear second and a hit from sengoku in Budah form (all is on one-piece wiki if you want to check). That is far more damage than Luffy, Zoro, Viper or anyone else ever wihtstood.

The reason BB don't kill every other Yonko is that... we have no idea what they can do. The reason he don't defeat WG are probably guys like Sengoku, garp (ok, maybe not now because they retired) and fighting 2 admirals + shishibukay + millions of other marines.

Ps.: and btw, no question is ever dumb
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

leshrak
    Well, about endurance...
    The same Akainu took several quakes in his face and he was still quite kicking compared to BB. Also about Zoro and Luffy and Wiper. They managed to take several insanely strong attacks from Enel. We are counting out Luffy from that case. but it was still a great fit for Zoro and Wiper. Also you shouldn't forget the moment Zoro was transfered Luffy's pain by Kuma and he managed to withstand it and you should also count that he recieved quite some damage himself dyring the fight against Oars before that...
    So, no I don't agree that BB stands near the top of tanks in One Piece.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast