Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

    35 54.69%
  • Aokiji

    29 45.31%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 58 of 58

Thread: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

  1. #46
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Rhetorical questions can sometimes be dumb. Just sayin'.

    BB never got pierced with any fire, otherwise he'd have 2 holes in his chest and his lungs would have been scorched. Those 2 fire lances just got stuck in his torso, no piercing.

    As for ice. I don't know what else to write. If you really think that BB can just aborsb all the ice from the person who did that to Punk Hazard, then there's no point in discussing further. Aokiji also has intangibility advantage. He can hurt BB more than he can hurt him, in the sense that he can hurt BB without having to touch him. Kurouzu is not al allmigthy thing. In fact, the move is a pretty big risk. Once you start dragging someone to you, you're basically a sitting duck. We saw Ace make use of that pretty well. Aokiji is even more dangerous. And we never really got to see Aokiji really serious, when fighting alone, without other marines to worry about. We only heard about it and saw the results. But the dude fought Akainu for 10 days, a guy with an obvious and unfair devil fruit advantage, and it looks like Akainu barely won. Half of the island is still a frozen wasteland.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  2. #47
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Jorge D. Dragon

    Yeah, Akainu surviving all of that was amazing But it took him some time to recover, while BB was immediately up after the hits. Enel may be a Logia but he’s nowhere near admiral or yonko. I believe he’s lightning is far weaker then Sengoku’s strike or Ace’s fire. If he was that strong, no way Luffy and crew could have defeated him so early on the manga
    As for Zoro, my argument is basically the same. Sure it was a lot of pain and was impressive that he could survive that, but in the end, Don Flamingo showed that Moria was quite a weak shishibukai. He and Lars were fearsome because pre time skip stawhats were weak in comparison with world’s top pirates/marines. All that damage would probably do nothing against these guys. That’s why I think BB is one of the best tanks. He survived against really fearsome and powerful adversaries, some of the best fighters in the world.

    Rahz

    I actually like rhetorical questions sometimes ^_^
    He’s a logia, even if he’s not tangible as others, maybe he can still close some holes.
    My point is that we can’t compare damage to places with damage to people. It’s shonen. Freeza could destroy the universe but couldn’t kill Goku, it’s the same idea (not saying that BB is stronger than Goku ). Then why didn’t Aokiji used Ice age against WB crew from the start? He probably can control his fruit to not freeze his fellow marines in the process. As I said before, freezing tsunamis and islands is not the same as freezing people, as nature doesn’t fight back. That’s my opinion.
    Ace also had this advantage but it didn’t save him in the end. As for Korouzou, BB is a smart guy, I don’t think he would use it on a time it would be disadvantageous to him.

    It would sure be a hard and long fight but I still believe BB would win in the end.
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

    http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games


  3. #48
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Let's bring this to a very childish level.

    Aokiji Vs BB

    Their fighting on an island. Aokiji uses ice age, and just hides, until BB dies of hypothermia.

    If something that easy could kill him, then I really don't know what to say guys.

  4. #49
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Quote Originally Posted by Giammaio View Post
    Let's bring this to a very childish level.

    Aokiji Vs BB

    Their fighting on an island. Aokiji uses ice age, and just hides, until BB dies of hypothermia.

    If something that easy could kill him, then I really don't know what to say guys.
    But that's not easy. Only one man in the whole world can do it. I suppose Magellan walking past BB while the latter was dying in pain also left you speechless? Some abilities in One Piece are just that unfair. I don't think Aokiji would have to hide, though.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  5. #50
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I repeat, based on what we've seen, Aokiji has advantage. What we've seen.
    The advantage of not being able to freeze out quakes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    If WB didn't make his mini quake in the last second, the fight would be over. I'm just saying that BB would have to do the same. Can he do it every time?
    Ofcourse no. This is just a matter of focusing in the thing, when Kizaru fought with Newgate, he withstand many light beams but after those, he lose concentration and stop using his quake power, this applicates to Aokiji and being freezed. We have Luffy, Robin and Buggy with minions to understand that ice is not mortal on One Piece.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    What if Aokiji does something like changing the climate of the place they are fighting on completely? Sooner or later, extreme cold would affect BB and he couldn't fight at his full potential. That's the real power of ice fruit, really.
    What? Had you seen something like this in real time? to do it in five seconds maximun i'm asking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    And I don't know where you're getting this "best endurance seem so far" thing. Really? After everything WB has gone through and died standing. After all the Luffy's battles and Zoro's confrontation with Kuma? After what we saw Wiper withstand on Skypiea? BB's endurance wasn't that special, in comparison.
    The man is double hurted by any attack, that indeed is a great matter of endurance after receiving a earthquake that trembles the world in his neck, and stand after that, just sayin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Mr. Arashi
    Well, I don't get your point about Hancock winning against Urouge. Urouge was really useless and one of the weakest Supernovas, while Hancock not only is a Shichibukai with a broken DF, but also is able to break Pacifistas like nuts before timeskip without any problems. It seems that her CoA Haki before timeskip alone was better than entire attacking power of the entire Mugivara crew, so how can useless Urouge would win against her if he would even loose to Sanji or Zoro before timeskip. Not even talking about Luffy.

    About BB and Ao Kiji. Even though BB has two DFs, neither of the two gives him an unbeatable fit. Of course he managed to defeat Ace with it, but Ace didn't know anything about his ability, while Ao Kiji knows. Also before timeskip we knew that Ace was obviously strong, but he wasn't as strong with his DF as any of the Admirals and he obviously didn't know how to use CoA Haki, otherwise we would have seen it. Where we know that the guys like Ao Kiji not only are monsters with their DFs, but also seem to be quite great in Haki usage, thus all his attacks will be damn strong and he would be also able to block most of BB's attacks to some extent as we've seen that Admirals managed to block Wb's quakes to some extent, while obviously BB isn't as good with WB's DF as WB was...
    Had you seen defeated PX's by Hancock? I'm just saw how a part of his head was petrified. But this point go by demonstrate how Aokiji is inflated to the most by his fans.

    Knowing the stats before the match is not an argument to me, show me how Aokiji can defeat Teach, no one says nothing except, he freeze him, and i demonstrated how can he dodge that.

    Also, Marco and Jozu are Haki users and Teach was in Newgate crew while Roger was killed, so it's impossible that he doesn't know to use Haki. More over, i can demonstrate that his punchs have it embued here, just by onomatopoeia who looks the same to when is used Haki.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #51
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post

    Also, Marco and Jozu are Haki users and Teach was in Newgate crew while Roger was killed, so it's impossible that he doesn't know to use Haki. More over, i can demonstrate that his punchs have it embued here, just by onomatopoeia who looks the same to when is used Haki.
    He didn't use Haki back then... You do realize that thanks to his Yami Yami no Mi, he can render logia intangibility useless if he touches them right ?

  8. #52
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    There you go again with that same crap about quakes not being able to get frozen after we covered it already so many times. In fact I wrote it first on the first fucking page. Learn to read man. This way the discussion only goes in circles. I wrote all I had on the matter. Someone who keeps writing same things over and over without regard to previous posts could be considered a troll.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  9. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    He didn't use Haki back then... You do realize that thanks to his Yami Yami no Mi, he can render logia intangibility useless if he touches them right ?
    Yep, but what i meant is that he can use it, no more else. Look when Teach prepares his hit, only that little part, there's something write above, that i have seen it when haki is used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    There you go again with that same crap about quakes not being able to get frozen after we covered it already so many times. In fact I wrote it first on the first fucking page. Learn to read man. This way the discussion only goes in circles. I wrote all I had on the matter. Someone who keeps writing same things over and over without regard to previous posts could be considered a troll.
    I think writing the same things would be a spammer and not a troll xd
    Your point is that changing the enviroment will help Aokiji's freezing powers whether i read rightfully. Well sorry to notice something very particular of Aokiji that it looks like you have not noticed... He can freeze water instantly, but things no... just looking when he freeze people or Newgate's bisento. While making Blackhole is just a matter of seconds to cover a full town.

    Even in that Aokiji lose in stats Also i have argue the point of dying by drain loss. But sorry to not even looked the first page before.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #54
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Are you sure about that ? I don't recall ever seeing any SFX about COA being used, in fact, there's no distinct sign that is used (except Hardening), care to post more examples ?

  12. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Are you sure about that ? I don't recall ever seeing any SFX about COA being used, in fact, there's no distinct sign that is used (except Hardening), care to post more examples ?
    Sure man. Now taking a better look. This is pure Busoshoku, making the armor bigger to stand the earthquake, but as you can see, i was wrong, it's different.

    But taking a look to a different moment, resembles Haoshoku, so we can start saying that Haoshoku can be put on a punch like Busoshoku. Such a mess i made xdd

  13. #56
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    You're just focusing on the fact that BB can make quackes.

    The reason ace got sucked in it's because he didn't realize what was going on, what If aokiji, frezez himself to the ground, or makes several ice barriers infront of him, to resist?

    Also, Immagine akoiji does get sucked in, and gets punched, Akoji will then throw he's strongest ranged attacks, also what if Aokiji starts freezing the ground.

    man this is just stupid, BB can't win YET, point.
    Last edited by Josef K.; November 02, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

  14. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Quote Originally Posted by Giammaio View Post
    You're just focusing on the fact that BB can make quackes.

    The reason ace got sucked in it's because he didn't realize what was going on, what If aokiji, frezez himself to the ground, or makes several ice barriers infront of him, to resist?

    Also, Immagine akoiji does get sucked in, and gets punched, Akoji will then throw he's strongest ranged attacks, also what if Aokiji starts freezing the ground.

    man this is just stupid, BB can't win YET, point.
    And you in only freezing

    Throws a Quake, then he make Blackhole and sucks the rest of him

    While he gets punched, one hand of Teach holds Kuzan's body and he don't have powers

    This is fun man, enjoy the discussion

  15. #58
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    And you in only freezing

    Throws a Quake, then he make Blackhole and sucks the rest of him

    While he gets punched, one hand of Teach holds Kuzan's body and he don't have powers

    This is fun man, enjoy the discussion

    Dude this is a marine admiral your talking about, not some rookie idiot.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts