Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

35 54.69%
  • Aokiji

29 45.31%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

one piece wikia states that yami yami no mi user recive double damage from hits.. so few hard hits from ao kiji could end bb.. i also think that roukushiki/haki user is bb true weakness
    Sorry for my Engrish...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really a tough one. We know that BB has two DFs and thus seems to be among the strongest in One Piece world, but we know that he doesn't posses Haki and is a really slow starter, thus it might be a real problem for him fighting one on one against guys like Ao Kiji, Akainu or Kizaru, especially since defense and speed are his best fits.
    Ao Kiji really showed great fits in speed and seems to know Rokushiki to some extent, thus I believe he can easily outspeed BB and if he manages to perform the same Ice Age he used to freeze a damn big Tsunami, then he might win against BB, though if he can't perform this, then he might actually loose the fight, especially since no matter how great his ability is and how strong his Haki is BB has two DFs and in a long run if the battle will be prolonged, then it would be a very big problem for Kuzan.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember well, when Aikanu got to the island where BB was He left because He said He wasn't ready. Aokiji must be in a somewhat close level to Aikanu since they both fought for 10 days.
    And I assume that everyone got stronger.

With the data I have I can only determine Aokiji as the winner. Not gonna vote yet though.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Ao Kiji might be actually stronger than Akainu. The thing is that Akainu when fighting Aokiji had a clear superiority in DF powers since lava is a natural enemy to ice, so Ao Kiji was damn impressive for me, since he managed to fight for such a long time, when he had such a handicap against his opponent of more or less equal level.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Aokiji wins this round. As stated earlier Ace just managed to block one of Aokiji's attack in the war, they both have anti elements(opposing in nature) which makes a draw. As Mr3 was able to block the initial attack of Magellan its not that Magellan is weak and ofcourse wax is nothing before the final attack(Venom Demon: Hell's Judgment), similarly Buggy Vs mihawk, so my point is Ace managed to nullify one of Aokiji's attacks it does not mean he is on par with Aokiji. If the fight between both of them continued Aokiji is a certain winner, He is an admiral afterall.
    The fight between Whitebeard and Aokiji nothing can be drawn out of it. Aokiji tried to block/freeze Whitebeard with iceblock and Whitebeard attacked with his bisento but nothing happend to Aokiji and when Aokiji is about to attack with Ice Block Partisan Diamond Jozu attacked/caught him off gaurd. So cant comment on how much damage will the Whitebeard would have taken had the fight went on. Whenever Sengoku wanted something to be done quickly he asked Aokiji to do it because he knows he the man to be trusted
    Finally pre-time skipwhen Akainu came to the island Blackbeard ran from him saying its too early for him to face Akainu. Now we know that Akainu and Aokiji fought for 10 whole days and both are equally good but Akainu had upper hand. So it implies that Aokiji is as good as Akainu when came to fighting capabilities. So I think Aokiji will have the upper hand in this battle between him and Blackbeard. (pre time skip pretty sure, post time skip sure )

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

We should also take in consideration that no matter that BB has two DFs he still isn't as good with WB's DF as WB was. BB only has this DF for 2 years (and we assume him as he last fought with it as we didn't see him after timeskip), so I doubt he is as versatile with it as WB was. I believe the only thing he can do is make a big earthquake, but it was even proven by the Admirals during the War that such and earthquake can be blocked with Armament's Haki, so Ao Kiji really has a chance here and I would really give victory to him in this fight, especially if he manages to make a good start and speedblitz Teach and punish him with Ice Age.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

you guys are mad.

Aokiji and Ace, are like a horse and a bug.

BB would NEVER WIN against Aokiji.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, BB is actually quite strong. He has two of the strongest DFs in One Piece and no matter how weak he is himself he is still a very strong opponent to anyone due to this fact. It's not because BB is weak, but because Ao Kiji is damn strong he can win the fight. Also it's quite a conditional. If Ao Kiji doesn't manage to outspeed Teach and use Ice Age on him and then finish him off with several strong piercing attacks, then the fight will be prolonged and then Kuzan might actually loose as having such strong DFs is quite a fit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

BB's greatest drawback is his carelessness. When Magellan used his Hydra, he would've been dead if not for the plot Shiliew. If Aokiji goes for quick, certain kill, it's almost certain to be his victory.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, precisely! BB is a slow starter. And that's his biggest weakness. Especially against the guys of Ao Kiji's caliber. If not for a plot he would have died either against Magellan or against Whitebeard, so in such a fight most of it depends on how Ao Kiji will start the fight. If he goes straight for the kill, then he wins, if not, then it might turn either way if the fight will be prolonged.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I know Ace can use haki, however he didn't use it in his fight against BB.
    Yep, but he doesn't know how to used it.

Teach, stop Robin's feeling of being stalked, she doesn't endure anymore.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

you all pissing me off, BB isn't super fast, Magellan soloed his crew.

He's too confident, and he can't use both DF at the same time, even luffy got him.

BB loses to aokiji.
    Last edited by Giammaio; November 01, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, reread the end of Marineford Arc. It is obviously shown that Teach can use two of his DFs at the same time. And that makes a real differense in a fight with any opponent.
    Also noone actually argues that Teach has any fighting fits besides of having to DFs, so of course he got some punches from Luffy, but everyone knows that Teach is a slow starter. The same way he started the fight against Ace and he still one it.

P.S. The thing is that I actually believe Ao Kiji can win this fight and I stated it in my posts in this thread. The only thing I'm argueing with you is because I can't see how Teach can loose easily and badly to Ao Kiji. No matter how we look at BB, he is still damn strong.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard overstimates his ability, way too much.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

What ability in particular? He only overstimated his ability twice:
    1. Against Magellan, but well Magellan is somewhere around Admirals, but without Logia. He is the synonim of Impel Down.
    2. When he fought Whitebeard. He though he would defeat WB just by negating his DF, but he wasn't the strongest man in the World for nothing, thus he showed his insane physical power + Haki + his weapon mastery and thus showed BB to be useless against him.

In all other situations BB actually managed to be on top. The thing is that not only we talking about BB with Yami Yami no mi, but also about the one who also has Whitebeard's DF.

Still, I do believe Ao Kiji can win this fight if he manages to speedblitz Teach as he is a slow starter.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast