Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 180 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub Chapter 180 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Beelzebub.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 180 Spoiler Thread

Babu 180 ch scan

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=48428472 lastpost

or click on one of this image

3. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 180 Spoiler Thread

Ah, I totally jinxed myself in the TOC, didn't I? Oh well. I wonder what the next colorspread will be about?

I can't tell if Kanzaki/Paako won the round or not, but it looked pretty funny. Paako punches quite hard! Oh, so they did win, huh. This competition is definitely getting wackier, that's for sure!

Of course, Furuichi was a total boss and kicked Kazuya's ass in the questionaire. That was really awesome, and I'm surprised because I thought Kazuya/Azusa were going to be the dark horse who would win the competition. The fact that they're out means Furuichi/Nene is a team to be feared (well, as far as couples are concerned xD)

Another thing that's interesting is Aoi/Izuma and Toujou/Shizuka's challenges being off-panel'd like that, along with the chapter ending on Oga and Hilda's turn. Considering his face when they announced the next challenge, you'd think Oga would be more concerned. I think what's on everyone's (and by everyone I mean the readers) mind is whether or not Oga and Hilda succeed at "being" a couple. And since this is such a heavily loaded question, of course Tamura is going to dodge the question. If Oga and Hilda's relationship had more of a romantic subtext to it I could imagine chapter 181 being the defining moment where they realize their feelings for one another. But since this is Beelzebub, I think what's most likely to happen is either they'll win by pure luck, or Oga will be forced to forfeit the contest.

I do think next chapter will be the "climax" of the arc, but the resolution will probably be 2 or 3 chapters afterwards.

Ok, so now that the chapter's out, I'll elaborate a bit more on the chapter. I think its interesting that Furuichi and Nene won also by sheer luck. It seems Tamura has no problem highlighting the difference between winning and actually being "the best couple". I mean, look at how Kunieda-Izuma and Nanami-Toujo progressed, they were able to because the challenges were just physical exercise. Furuichi-Oomori was a fluke because Kazuya-Azusa disqualified themselves, even though the challenge was the most couple-oriented so far. I guess its worthy noting Oga drew "13" as his couple number too.

Because Tamura is focusing more on the tournament part of the event, I'm finding the arc enjoyable. Other than that it still feels like a total let down from the previous arc, and the fact that Moelda had to replace Hilda for this arc to work still makes me bitter. Its entertaining, but for once it also feels like filler. /end rant
    Last edited by Teeba; November 08, 2012 at 06:47 AM.

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShadyInversion's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 180 Discussion/181 Predictions

I can't help but feel this Romcom arc is going to be cut short by a random threat. It's somewhat odd we haven't seen a battle in a while. That said this arc is entertaining even if fillerish so I'm still having fun.

Moelda Vs Hilda for this arc? I think Hilda would've been even more enthusiastic. I figure she'll come back in the last event, probably mess something up while dazed, and then proceed to demonically attack the judges then Oga.
    Last edited by ShadyInversion; November 08, 2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who think that this arc is kind of a disappointment? sure, I don't mind if Tamura making some short of a competition for rom-com purposes, but I cannot see the big picture what is the main aim of this arc, to be honest. Regardless what I said, I think this week chapter is a fun read, and I was surprised that Paako could be very shy too. As the story progress, I think I'm more inclined to Furuichi-Nene to win this event, since they are such a unique couple. Banter between tsundere Nene and shameless Furuichi during the event is probably the only thing I'm looking forward to when I read this arc.

So next week Center Color is probably about Moe!Hilda and Oga huh, I hope it does not turn out to become a let down. Probably Normal!Hilda would make a comeback in next week chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, folks, I must say, I've thoroughly enjoyed this chapter.

Sure, the arc is pointless. Sure, Moelda is annoying. Sure, the plot is not advancing.

But Tamura-sensei's timing for comedy is so good, I was laughing this chapter all along. I guess my sense of humour is very dependent on imagining the situation in my mind. I had to hold back my laughter when I saw the deliberation guy. And the lovey-dovey couple was just so out there I was chortling all the time. Also, the panel in which Nene was asking why Furuichi looked so happy cracked me up badly.

I said this at Mangafox: if he keeps up this level of insanity, I can stomach this arc.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyInversion View Post
    I can't help but feel this Romcom arc is going to be cut short by a random threat. It's somewhat odd we haven't seen a battle in a while. That said this arc is entertaining even if fillerish so I'm still having fun.
    Not particularly true, the Furuichi Tissues arc was a battle arc. I really doubt the event will be cut short, especially since the set-up of this arc focused a lot on Aoi and her feelings towards Oga and Hilda acting as a couple. Most probably Aoi/Izuma will advance to the finals, making it a do-or-die situation for her. If she loses, then Oga and Hilda get crowned "best couple", if she wins, she gets to feel a bit better about her situation. I have a hunch regardless who wins the quarter-finals, they will lose on purpose to let Aoi advance. Why? Because both Paako and Nene are members of the Red Tails. And I think for Nene when it comes down to it, she wants Aoi to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyInversion View Post
    I figure she'll come back in the last event, probably mess something up while dazed, and then proceed to demonically attack the judges then Oga.
    I think it would be pretty funny if she came back right when Oga and Hilda are about to win, thus making them lose.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    Oh, folks, I must say, I've thoroughly enjoyed this chapter....I said this at Mangafox: if he keeps up this level of insanity, I can stomach this arc.
    Oh, I know what you mean. In fact, the way that Tamura used a seemingly romantic plot device and turned it around into a tournament arc is hilarious on its own! I really enjoyed the uber romantic couple, and again how Kanzaki and Pako won using completely underhanded means. I also laughed hard at Nene's misfortune and Furuichi trying to be cool and resourceful when really, it didn't amount to much at all. It was a hilarious chapter from start to finish. And I'm glad the arc is turning out to be popular, the Japanese fans are sure enjoying it too. But regardless, I'm going to be stubborn and bitter about it until it ends, whenever that may be.

Anyway, we've seen the challenges so far vary in the amount of romantic connotation they have. What other events could they have? I keep thinking they'll have a cook-off.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Am I the only one who think that this arc is kind of a disappointment? sure, I don't mind if Tamura making some short of a competition for rom-com purposes, but I cannot see the big picture what is the main aim of this arc, to be honest. Regardless what I said, I think this week chapter is a fun read, and I was surprised that Paako could be very shy too. As the story progress, I think I'm more inclined to Furuichi-Nene to win this event, since they are such a unique couple. Banter between tsundere Nene and shameless Furuichi during the event is probably the only thing I'm looking forward to when I read this arc.

So next week Center Color is probably about Moe!Hilda and Oga huh, I hope it does not turn out to become a let down. Probably Normal!Hilda would make a comeback in next week chapter.
    I certainly don't feel that way.

Furuichi/Nene is great obviously.

But characters out of their comfort zone are one of my favorite things, and this arc is a pure form of that. The Hanazawa and Kanzaki's indirect kiss thing I thought was hysterically funny. Ironically the only character who is completely comfortable right now is Furuichi. What a role reversal!

The best part though is yet to come though. We all know it's going to happen too, and it doesn't make it a smidgen less great. When Moeilda and Hilda get switched just before or during the final round.

And just look at all the greatness in that tournament bracket! Assuming we have no "dark horse" winners it should look like this....

Bracket 1

Furuichi/Nene VS Kanzaki/Hanazawa ----- Winner ------> VS Izuma/Kunieda ------Winner------> Finals

Bracket 2

Oga/Hilda VS Toujo/Nanami --------------------------------Winner------------------------------------> Finals

Mark my words Furuichi/Nene are going to win then give away the prize to Beel and Futaba. Either that or Oga and Hilda(the non-moe Hilda) will win.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 08, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, while I do agree this is probably the most pointless arc beelzebub has had in a while with simply no other excuse (other than aoi possibly) I'm still fairly enjoying myself with it, I especially like how this chapter Tamura-sensei sort of poked fun at the whole tournament set up and how Kanzaki and Paako's match went. I really had to keep myself from laughing when Furuichi and nene "won" (its also interesting seeing nene being such a tsun the whole time, yes I'm a sadistic bastard I know XD)

I'm really curious how next week is going o turn out, putting my personal biases aside I doubt seriously any "real" rom relatied stuff will happen and knowing Tamura he'll just make the shippers roll around and fall off cliffs like lemmings. It looks like we'll be over with this arc soon though (none of these recent arcs have lasted long anyway) but I also can't shake the notion we'll still get a bigger threat soon after this, I keep thinking no matter how this turns out Oga will STILL be dragged into demon world someway or another...maybe... who knows we'll see.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sharing a bottle is supposed to be embarassing ? Japanese people.

Am I the only one who feels that way ?

Yes. I thought the same thing! Some people find sharing a bottle unhygenic, and thus, if you've kissed it doesn't really matter? IDK Japan. -- Teeba
    Last edited by Teeba; November 08, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it extremely funny, that squirrel stuff, I didn't see that coming. All their faces are like a meme from 9gag.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was funny as hell, easily the best of this week. One of my favorite chapters as well. I like the homage to Dragon Ball in the beginning, where they have Oga pick the number for the tenkaichi budoken (?). Would have been funnier if Oga did a Goku and asked to get the ball even though he was last and it was obvious, and be all "zomg you're so smart!"

Loved the first contest as well, the way Paako and Kankazi just dropkicked the hell out of their enemies and Paako punched the Futaba out of Kanzaki. xD She sent him flying their enemies in a cool way! Furuichi's reaction to the first contest was so funny. xD

Also loved the second contest, where Furuichi was all "panties?" and etc. And poop? The hell? xD Also loved how the other girl just blurted out the answer and caused them to lose, she didn't even know what gesture meant. DAHELL? X_X I can see Furuichi and Nene winning due to errors and stuff. xD

Can't wait to see how Oga and Hilda rock the votes, though.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL Kanazaki and Paako together are simply amazing; they made me laugh so hard in this chapter. XD
    About the rest, also Furuichi and Nene were pretty funny; the Gesture competition is the best.
    Anyway seems like Oga and Hilda will easily pass the turn; as if it isn't obvious.

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I will be expecting funny scenes coming from the Deliberation Guy
    Spoiler show

The Squirrel Scene is really funny HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Spoiler show
    [

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Beelzebub isn't showing any sign of moving towards a more conventional shounen style. I love it's freshness, even after 180 chapters. For me, this manga could go on forever and I would still enjoy it like crazy!

Back to the current chapter, I cracked at the Resourceful General part:

Spoiler show

OMG, Perverted General Furuchin!!!

New Reply