Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 211 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 211 Spoiler Thread

there's 8 of them on last page. we have new type of golem. we have 4 kings, Setsuno, Teppei, Aimaru and one more is needed for 8 vs 8.

if there's gonna be fight is going to be huge one.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think an all out battle will ensue, that has to wait for the God war. Some stare-downs, taunts, rivalries and skirmishes are very likely. I think the main event will be old man Kousairou vs Mastermind.

It was very fun seeing Komatsu, Hero who saved the world outshine the Kings

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

wooo..8 of them and they are going to attack cooking fest all by themselves...coz probably they know that main forces of president are in gourmet world...they seriously underestimating 4 kings and others...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be interesting, especially considering the fact that 3 of them have a personal interest in Toriko (Starjun, Grinpatch, Tommyrod). Chiyo is going to probably fight Setsuna, Zebra might end up fighting both beasts because he's Zebra, Sani fights the woman, and Coco might fight the centaur. I don't know, the matchups or outcome aren't nearly as predictable as the four beast, especially since the Gourmet hermit is supposed to be there, as well as a TON of top tier people...but this group has some seriously ominous members.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe they are there to participate. All of them are cooks/chef and are probably ranked in top 100. It was never really revealed whether the ranked chef are all independent or belong to a group. I think they are there to participate and take down the other chef with their cooking skill using forbidden techs. im thinking it would be like cooking master boy: superchef vs underground chef or yakitate-like battle. And after all said and done only then the fighting starts.

Since stajyun is a chef himself sure he wouldnt desecrate the holy battle ground of chef with violence right?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 211 Discussion Thread

Well, I believe the battle might start after Cooking Fest will be finished.
    Anyways Toriko and Co would need a serious help in a fight, because during Bubble Fruit Arc Staarjun seemd to be way more powerful than Toriko, I would even say that looking at his power he might be even able to take Toriko and some other Heavenly King and win at that point, but now... we don't know if those of Bishokukai managed to have progress since the Bubble Fruit Arc, but anyway the fight will be too difficult and they will obviously need help from the guys like Teppei.

P.S. It seems that Melk II and the guy who helped Toriko get to Shokurin Temple are there as well.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

The author sure likes the extravagant size of every single thing in the world, 100 million, 100 billion, blah blah... It's getting kind of tiring.

Suspension of disbelief and all that, but as a logistics manager it kinda throws me off to think of a week with food and supplies for 100 billion people, on an island on top of everything. Sheesh.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike050 View Post
    The author sure likes the extravagant size of every single thing in the world, 100 million, 100 billion, blah blah... It's getting kind of tiring.

Suspension of disbelief and all that, but as a logistics manager it kinda throws me off to think of a week with food and supplies for 100 billion people, on an island on top of everything. Sheesh.
    It's called fiction you know... not real life

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a different world from us =P
    I thought about the logic part as well but i realised that trying to put logic in a manga is like duh
    When they mentioned hundreds of millions of people on that island i thought bullcrap because of some details
    1. only a 4 lane road? where i live we have 6 lanes and 2m people daytime and during rush hour you could sleep on the road and wont have any problems being run over.
    2. i doubt that gourmet limo with tires that far apart could support torikos weight alone
    3. a building stadium large and strong enough to accommodate 100m? you need like 5 death star to fit all those people

those are some that i observe that defies logic for logistic matter. but hey its a manga its suppose to defy logic right

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well, we have another of shima's slow entrances to the arcs. besides that i really was expecting some sort of "evolvement" from komatsu at the very least from a starstruck teenager mind set but alas we need some sort of extreme event for that it seems. the rest was classic shima exaggeration to the event. before i foget i need to say i loved zebra's "adapt damitt".

about the famous ppl that came to cook fest i wonder if melk 2 and the others came to be the judge or something. thou truth be told i dont see the reason why the gourmet knights r there. they cant eat the food right?

bishoukuya seems pumped up and they r sending some really nice team thou i dont remember the girl that looks like stajyuun. thou 3 of the bishou. members have something against toriko how will it play out ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It's called fiction you know... not real life
    Really? I thought I saw a Four Beast just the other day... must've been a squirrel.

In any case, my point is that constantly extrapolating everything in the universe as ten times, no hundred, MILLION times bigger, as seems to be the case here, takes a certain edge off events and previously introduced characters, places and animals. I know it's a typical shonen trope, but it just irks me a bit more in Toriko than with other manga, that's all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike050 View Post
    Really? I thought I saw a Four Beast just the other day... must've been a squirrel.

In any case, my point is that constantly extrapolating everything in the universe as ten times, no hundred, MILLION times bigger, as seems to be the case here, takes a certain edge off events and previously introduced characters, places and animals. I know it's a typical shonen trope, but it just irks me a bit more in Toriko than with other manga, that's all.
    Personally I like the huge scale of everything in Toriko, it really does make it seem like an age of consumption and luxuries. You have to remember though their planet is WAY, and I mean WAAAY bigger than ours, I believe they said the forest that the disappearing cuisine was in was the size of Africa, a forest the size of friggin Africa man, and this is just the human world.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a pretty good start to the arc. I have high expectations for this arc, I think Komatsu is going to get a lot of the attention throughout this arc. It's time we see how much he has improved.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he actually gets tons of attention throughout last Arcs.
    I would say that no matter how dumb he looks for a grown-up person, he would still advance in the rankings during this Festival. Though I hope it won't be a serious level-up in ranking, otherwise there won't be much room for him to grow. I hope he will show us some skills from that book he stole from Nitro.

P.S. About the scale of everything in Toriko... It's a shounen manga, so such numbers are acceptable more or less, though even knowing this I was a bit shocked because of numbers of participants of Cooking Festival and that Island in particular during the whole year.)

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, he actually gets tons of attention throughout last Arcs.
    I would say that no matter how dumb he looks for a grown-up person, he would still advance in the rankings during this Festival. Though I hope it won't be a serious level-up in ranking, otherwise there won't be much room for him to grow. I hope he will show us some skills from that book he stole from Nitro.

P.S. About the scale of everything in Toriko... It's a shounen manga, so such numbers are acceptable more or less, though even knowing this I was a bit shocked because of numbers of participants of Cooking Festival and that Island in particular during the whole year.)
    He IS kinda short right. I think hes persona is to represent the normal average people since the manga will have so much raw power.
    How do you get ranked anyway? Its your contribution towards cooking advancement right which in turn benefits the whole world. In gourmet age getting any award thats based on cooking instantly make you a celebrity and one of the most influential people in the world. Kinda like getting ranked in forbes top 100.

Komatsu was a no ranker even tho he is a 5 star restaurant chef. Then suddenly he ranked 88 after saving 300m people. About 1% from the total 33b population. 300m people owe their lives to komatsu. Thats really something monumental. Who can boast saving the population the size of america? Base on the act he got 88. makes me wonder what kind of achievement one must make in order to get into top 10.

100 people participating is normal i think. Masterchef had 40. Think all top 100 will be there? even the top 10?
    Btw all the hub hub and the way its represented the cooking festivals looks like dragon ball world kungfu tournament.

ps: i wish that shima would draw more attractive female. i hope the one in stajyun's little group is a female. I dont want admiral akbar to scream his line

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast