Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

    3 8.82%
  • Good!

    25 73.53%
  • Regular

    5 14.71%
  • Boring...

    0 0%
  • Bad!

    1 2.94%
  • Fail!

    0 0%
  • Other...

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91

Thread: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion

  1. #76
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Hey, that's what Jellal said, he gave him his full magical power and even if its not, it's still a cheap power (but it is his full magical power). Even if it was flames Natsu described it as more like Etherion when he ate it and it gave him too much power, what i'm arguing about is that he gets a cheap power-up in every battle regardless of what form that power-up is. Gray never really had any Nakama power ups or asspulls, as for Erza...well what happened with Azuma is far more than just Nakama power-up or asspull, it was something else entirely.
    Jellal got hit by Zero http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430...apter-159.html

    Bottom right hand corner panel "I'm worn out" that is before handing over the power. http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430...apter-159.html

    I hope you agree that it was not full power but his left over.

  2. #77
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    The fact that Natsu has the capacity for Dragon Force alone should count for something, and in theory he could reach it by consuming enough regular flame. He just happened to be handed a condensed version. Natsu also might have needed another person's help to defeat Racer, but that wasn't the point being made about him. The point was that Lyon had a significantly larger hand in Racer's defeat. Gray was just tripping Racer here and there or trying to keep up with him. Lyon was the one who figured out how to defeat him and set everything up for that. Lyon's also the one who saved Gray when Racer got back up after being beaten and attempted a kamikaze attack, kind of like that thing people point out where Cobra got back up after the fight with Natsu.

    But looking at more recent battles, even if Natsu hadn't indicated that he could beat Ultear himself, he probably could have too if he'd been the one there when she got distracted by flashbacks. He may have taken more of a beating in that time, but that's never stopped him before. Gray beat his opponent there because he was lucky. And if you want to talk about Gray being resourceful with the blood ice than give Natsu some credit for taking down Hikaru with the voodoo doll.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #78
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    natsu wins against every strong enemy coz of plot no jutsu or nakama powerups...
    not against the wind guy in intial arc. and yes many times its because of plot
    against laxus it was a stupid fight...got help from gajeel...laxus went crazy coz his gramps was sick and his fairy law didnt work...he just beat a confused guy who almost lost his will to fight...Not just gajeel, it was first mystogan's fight then erza's and then both of them. Though i do not think it was stupid fight. It showed laxus' power. before than there was no plot/scene where laxus' strength was showcased

    against cobra he won coz of accident(him shouting)...otherwise cobra took his case...http://www.mangareader.net/135-30482...apter-150.html Natsu says he planned it and happy says otherwise.

    against zero he won coz of dragon force which is final form of DS magic...and help form jellal..are you complaining because he is using his power? DF is DS magic and you want him to not use it.

    you says gray defeated racer with help from lyon...racer was the type of enemy which could not be defeated alone...do you think natsu could have defeated racer 1 on 1 ?who said that? It was answer to King of night where he said Gray defeated and natsu didnt. you need to read related posts before you comment.

    ultear was head of 7 kins...not even natsu could have defeated her....gray cornered her...he found a solution to her magic and countered it magnificiently...after being hit by meldy's magic...in a bad condition...what happened next was just to end the fight...ultear lost the moment grey countered her main magic...i dont expect natsu to do it ever...Why? Ultear's ice magic could not have affected natsu as he used fire type magic. Only magic which she could hit him with was time arc and we did see natsu punching her just before ultear leaving.

    even though natsu has been continuously focused on again and again but still grey has his moments...his quick thinking and intelligence always makes him find a solution to the problems...he is not fire which rages he is ice which has altogether different properties...he might not be stronger than natsu but i won't say that he is weaker than him...No body is saying Gray is weak but he is not stronger than Natsu.
    Natsu has superior element magic. he can replenish is magic by eating fire. He is not affected by fire however Gray is hurt with ice magic as seen in Ultear's fight.

  5. #79
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post
    Jellal got hit by Zero http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430...apter-159.html

    Bottom right hand corner panel "I'm worn out" that is before handing over the power. http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430...apter-159.html

    I hope you agree that it was not full power but his left over.
    Then you might want to explain to me what he said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/4 .

  6. #80
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    The fact that Natsu has the capacity for Dragon Force alone should count for something, and in theory he could reach it by consuming enough regular flame. He just happened to be handed a condensed version. Natsu also might have needed another person's help to defeat Racer, but that wasn't the point being made about him. The point was that Lyon had a significantly larger hand in Racer's defeat. Gray was just tripping Racer here and there or trying to keep up with him. Lyon was the one who figured out how to defeat him and set everything up for that. Lyon's also the one who saved Gray when Racer got back up after being beaten and attempted a kamikaze attack, kind of like that thing people point out where Cobra got back up after the fight with Natsu.

    But looking at more recent battles, even if Natsu hadn't indicated that he could beat Ultear himself, he probably could have too if he'd been the one there when she got distracted by flashbacks. He may have taken more of a beating in that time, but that's never stopped him before. Gray beat his opponent there because he was lucky. And if you want to talk about Gray being resourceful with the blood ice than give Natsu some credit for taking down Hikaru with the voodoo doll.
    their is no capacity for DF..its a power which every DS has ...
    about racer fight all im saying is that even natsu could not have defeated him alone... its not about what the fight was implying...its just the opponent was too good to be handled alone by natsu or grey or lyon...
    about ultear...all i was pointing out that grey did too good compared to his conditon against her...
    agreed on the way natsu handled voodoo doll...

    the point here is that people underestimate grey a lot...you can come up with many reasons to support natsu...and you will get coz he is the main character...he gets lucky,or help or some powerups everytime... in none of your point have you proved that grey is inferior to natsu...and that was my whole point to begin with

    Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post
    Natsu has superior element magic. he can replenish is magic by eating fire. He is not affected by fire however Gray is hurt with ice magic as seen in Ultear's fight.
    the way you edit is annoying...could have just replied normally...

  7. #81
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    their is no capacity for DF..its a power which every DS has ...
    about racer fight all im saying is that even natsu could not have defeated him alone... its not about what the fight was implying...its just the opponent was too good to be handled alone by natsu or grey or lyon...
    about ultear...all i was pointing out that grey did too good compared to his conditon against her...
    agreed on the way natsu handled voodoo doll...

    the point here is that people underestimate grey a lot...you can come up with many reasons to support natsu...and you will get coz he is the main character...he gets lucky,or help or some powerups everytime... in none of your point have you proved that grey is inferior to natsu...and that was my whole point to begin with



    the way you edit is annoying...could have just replied normally...
    DF is DS magic. it is not unfair in anycase. People may not underestimate Gray it just he is third power in the group after Erza and Natsu. You can bet Gray got loads of help in his fight too. He had help in deliora arc where his story was revealed. granted he has gotten tremendously stronger and was able to fight Ultear evenly after using iced blood.

    ---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Then you might want to explain to me what he said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/4 .
    its a mistranslation perhaps...not the first time it has happened however you are free to speculate. But it should be evident that it cannot be full power fire when he has couple of fighting and taking that green ray headon in the boss battle.
    Last edited by adbanginwar; November 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

  8. #82
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    their is no capacity for DF..its a power which every DS has
    So every DS has the ability to go super saiyan then. They still learned the magic that gave them that ability, making it part of their power, meaning it should by no means be counted against them when they use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    the point here is that people underestimate grey a lot...you can come up with many reasons to support natsu...and you will get coz he is the main character...he gets lucky,or help or some powerups everytime... in none of your point have you proved that grey is inferior to natsu...and that was my whole point to begin with
    I was mostly trying to argue your points, not come up with more of my own. In any case, I'm not trying to say Gray is weak. He did a good job against Rufus, whatever some people thought of that battle. I'm here arguing because the idea was thrown out that Gray was stronger than Natsu.

  9. #83
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post
    DF is DS magic. it is not unfair in anycase. People may not underestimate Gray it just he is third power in the group after Erza and Natsu. You can bet Gray got loads of help in his fight too. He had help in deliora arc where his story was revealed. granted he has gotten tremendously stronger and was able to fight Ultear evenly after using iced blood.

    ---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------


    its a mistranslation perhaps...not the first time it has happened however you are free to speculate. But it should be evident that it cannot be full power fire when he has couple of fighting and taking that green ray headon in the boss battle.
    It's not a translation even MS version said so as well as the wiki. He said "i'm worn out" not i'm out of Magical power. If only a small portion of his Magical power equals Etherion then you trying to tell me his full magical power is at least ten times Etherion ?
    ........................................................................
    And again he is not second to Natsu, to Erza yeah but not to Natsu. You still didn't reply to many things. Gray may have not defeated Racer but put up a fight while Natsu couldn't even touch the latter. And again the thing with the Owl where he owned Natsu but got owned By Gray, even Natsu was angry saying that Gray will hold to this one and brag about it.

    SerpentTailedAngel

    Just because Ultear got distracted for moments by the flashbacks doesn't mean thats the only reason Gray won. With Natsu's IQ and his magic, i can't see him doing this at all. Beside we already saw how he fair against the former two times and he just got thrashed, hell he was almost defeated by Kain Hikaru whom is weaker than Ultear and much more stupid, this only shows that without his Nakama power-ups and other power-ups he is as good as lucy.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; November 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

  10. #84
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    I hate to break it to you, but the wiki isn't done by anyone involved in the production of Fairy Tail. It's put together by people who read the same online translations that you do. They just try to keep things looking as fact based as possible.

    (by the way, the official translation of the worn out line while the fight with Brain is going on is is "I'm already torn to shreds" but also has Erza saying before she starts fighting Midnight "He's exhausted his reserves of magic" from using the destruction spell on himself.)

  11. #85
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    So every DS has the ability to go super saiyan then. They still learned the magic that gave them that ability, making it part of their power, meaning it should by no means be counted against them when they use it.
    that is highest level of DS magic...if they are powerful enough to activate it then they can use it...so every DS if powerful enough or has lacrima can activate DF...natsu that time was not powerful enough to go DF by himself ...but he ate those golden flames and went DF...learning some magic and using it is different...(any FT member can learn fairy glitter but using it is not just that anyone can do...remember what mavis said about cana being able to use it coz her latent magic power is high) to use DF there should be some condition which needs to be satisfied...and when am i counting it against natsu ?? i was just putting points as facts...

    Quote Quote:
    I was mostly trying to argue your points, not come up with more of my own. In any case, I'm not trying to say Gray is weak. He did a good job against Rufus, whatever some people thought of that battle. I'm here arguing because the idea was thrown out that Gray was stronger than Natsu.
    did i belittle natsu in any way ? apart from stating facts all i said was that grey cannot be underestimated...i never said that he is stronger than natsu...did i ?

  12. #86
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    SerpentTailedAngel

    ...I know what the wiki is

  13. #87
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    did i belittle natsu in any way ? apart from stating facts all i said was that grey cannot be underestimated...i never said that he is stronger than natsu...did i ?
    It was thrown out there, even if you weren't the one who said it, and you made an argument earlier that devalued a lot of Natsu's fights while talking up Gray's. I said I got all involved because someone said it, not because you did

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #88
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    hahaha, you guys are amazing. When some1 wins with power up or nakama power up we complained. When Laxus kicked Raven Tail ass with no power up or anything. Just pure strength we also did not like that.

    I don't wanna go into who is stronger discussion there is already a thread for that. We should atleast agree with each other that all the "5 main team" uses the nakama power up. However I agree that Natsu lean more on his friends n outside help to win his fights, and Grey actually uses his head in battle.

    Also agree that up until now, for me Grey only good fight was the recent one against Rufus, you should not give him credit or say that he actually defeated Ultear or Recer Sorry but he didn't.

    Racer was gonna kill Grey after his final blow " which was Lyon idea anyway", and Ultear lost the will to fight she was confused with all the flashback coming to her, and let us not forget that Ultear can always go back and user Arc of time to take out Grey ice.

    Just think about it he only used his blood to attack her the first time, I doubt he has enough blood to keep freezing n use it against some1....and even if he did that she can use Ice magic to defend against it....

    As for Grey being stronger than Gajeel...well...
    Last edited by Ifrit; November 15, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Dreyar Style

  16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #89
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    hahaha, you guys are amazing. When some1 wins with power up or nakama power up we complained. When Laxus kicked Raven Tail ass with no power up or anything. Just pure strength we also did not like that.

    I don't wanna go into who is stronger discussion there is already a thread for that. We should atleast agree with each other that all the "5 main team" uses the nakama power up. However I agree that Natsu lean more on his friends n outside help to win his fights, and Grey actually uses his head in battle.

    Also agree that up until now, for me Grey only good fight was the recent one against Rufus, you should not give him credit or say that he actually defeated Ultear or Recer Sorry but he didn't.

    Racer was gonna kill Grey after his final blow " which was Lyon idea anyway", and Ultear lost the will to fight she was confused with all the flashback coming to her, and let us not forget that Ultear can always go back and user Arc of time to take out Grey ice.

    Just think about it he only used his blood to attack her the first time, I doubt he has enough blood to keep freezing n use it against some1....and even if he did that she can use Ice magic to defend against it....

    As for Grey being stronger than Gajeel...well...
    Your post highly implies that Gray is equal to Natsu, so are you saying Gajeel is stronger than Natsu and Gray ?

  18. #90
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    in your hot tub...
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions


  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts