Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

3 8.82%
  • Good!

25 73.53%
  • Regular

5 14.71%
  • Boring...

0 0%
  • Bad!

1 2.94%
  • Fail!

0 0%
  • Other...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 307 Discussion / 308 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post
    Gray stronger than Natsu? where did you get that idea?
    Based on what I've seen. When Racer thrashed Natsu, Gray equaled him temporarily and defeated him with Lyon. In fact Natsu couldn't Match anyone from OS
    Without some random power up (Zero) or a stupid victory (Cobra).
    Same when that Owl dude whooped Natsu and then Gray smashed him.
    And when Ultear thrashed Natsu, Gray fought her evenly (And she was supposedly the leader of 7KOP though i'm sure Azuma is stronger than her) and then defeated her.

While Natsu couldn't defeat anyone important without some cheap power up. Gray has on several occasion proved that he is strong on his own.
    Oh and he won that little skirmish in the OVA

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Based on what I've seen. When Racer thrashed Natsu, Gray equaled him temporarily and defeated him with Lyon. In fact Natsu couldn't Match anyone from OS
    Without some random power up (Zero) or a stupid victory (Cobra).
    Same when that Owl dude whooped Natsu and then Gray smashed him.
    And when Ultear thrashed Natsu, Gray fought her evenly (And she was supposedly the leader of 7KOP though i'm sure Azuma is stronger than her) and then defeated her.

While Natsu couldn't defeat anyone important without some cheap power up. Gray has on several occasion proved that he is strong on his own.
    Oh and he won that little skirmish in the OVA
    natsu defeated master zero not someone push over, cobra was second generation dragon slayer like Laxus. He defeated him as well. what is so stupid about it.
    Gray didnot defeat racer, technically it was Lyon's plan and Gray just delivered last blow (maybe a cheap shot).

Gray vs Ultear; clearly Ultear lost when she was engrossed in flashback. it was not even fight when other stands still and keeps dreaming.

Cheap power up?? Natsu eats fire that is not powerup. i do not agree Gray being stronger than Natsu in anyway.

btw gray was defeated by Raijinshu's member while Natsu defeated Laxus. in your logic then Gray is stronger than Laxus. lol

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as for Elza being stronger than current Natsu... I seriously doubt it. Especially since Natsu managed to take down both Sting and Rogue, when they were using Dragon Forse, while he wasn't even using his full power as he didn't use his Fire-Lightning DS Mode... So I believe only Makarov, Gildatz and Luxus are currently stronger than Natsu.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

natsu defeated master zero not someone push over, cobra was second generation dragon slayer like Laxus. He defeated him as well. what is so stupid about it.
    Gray didnot defeat racer, technically it was Lyon's plan and Gray just delivered last blow (maybe a cheap shot).

Gray vs Ultear; clearly Ultear lost when she was engrossed in flashback. it was not even fight when other stands still and keeps dreaming.

Cheap power up?? Natsu eats fire that is not powerup. i do not agree Gray being stronger than Natsu in anyway.

btw gray was defeated by Raijinshu's member while Natsu defeated Laxus. in your logic then Gray is stronger than Laxus. lol
    He defeated master Zero because he ate Jellal full magic power, thats the full magic power of a potent Wizard Saint one of the strongest 10 mages in the world, thats not a cheap power up ? He was humiliated completely by Cobra and won because he screamed, thats not stupid ? Thats the same Cobra that Defeated ( in a way he did) Erza.
    I didn't say he defeated Racer alone, i said he equaled him while natsu was unable to even touch him.
    Natsu defeated Laxus ? So you're trying to say Natsu is stronger than Laxus ? It's not like Gajeel was there at all, nope. It was also a completely fair fight and not an asspull victory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read the whole thread, maybe somebody already stated something similar:

Arcadios still is the bad guy here obviously. This whole thing that happens in the palace at the moment just looks like a insidious plan to bond Fairy Tail with Arcadios. I have the feeling Arcadios wants FT to think that the King & Palace are the bad guys, so he put himself down there and ordered that executioner squad to engage him and Fairy Tail and lose the fight after he himselfs steps in to help Fairy Tail. All this just happens so that Arcadios can gain FT's trust and then he will trick them into helping him with Eclipse plan.

As for the fight: We got super-powerful Natsu and Mira, supported by Wendy's improved magic. Well, those opponents might be decent, but they'll shine through cheap tricks & teamwork while Natsu will force them straightforward. At the current state of the manga you have to be 10 Wizard Saint level or above to defeat Natsu, and I'm totally sure that not a single person of that team is on that level.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu didn't even beat cobra. Natsu and Happy were unable to move after Natsu used his "roar" because of Cobras poison, while cobra was still standing, in his dragon force mode, about to kill them both, until Master Zero attacked Cobra.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

KingOfNight
    Well, there is no indication that the Flame of Rebuke that Gerar gave to Natsu was his entire power... thus I can't agree with you on this. And about a cheap power-up... Well, you might be right or might be that we are wrong. The thing is, that Natsu's power is to eat different types of flames and thus to get stronger with it. So him getting stronger with it is more or less logical, but other power-ups of any other character that just gets stronger, because he likes his friends or because he or she can hear their voices is at least illogical. Don't you agree?

And about the way he defeated Cobra... Well, it wasn't splendid, it wasn't flawless, but it was really Cobra's double-edged sword as he had an overwhelming sense of hearing, thus it would be his vice, when he hears too loud voices.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it possible to argue nakama powerup does not work outside fairy tail? That is exactly the point minerva made. And it makes sense nakama powerup would not work when sting fought natsu. Sting wanted to fulfill some dumb promise which is ultimately irrelevant to lector's overall safety and even shortly before that sting had acted precisely the way he felt was wrong with yukino. I still do wonder who will become saber's new master though.

Anyhow, is there a chance of kagura being yukino's sister and they simply failed to recognize each other?

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Anyhow, is there a chance of kagura being yukino's sister and they simply failed to recognize each other?
    Sure, there is a "chance". It's not a good one though, nor would it make sense.

I think her sister is more likely Meredy. It makes slightly more sense. The only things we really know is that her sister was taken during an attack by a "Cult of Zeref" (Grimore Heart) that killed their parents, which matches Meredys backstory.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    KingOfNight
    Well, there is no indication that the Flame of Rebuke that Gerar gave to Natsu was his entire power... thus I can't agree with you on this. And about a cheap power-up... Well, you might be right or might be that we are wrong. The thing is, that Natsu's power is to eat different types of flames and thus to get stronger with it. So him getting stronger with it is more or less logical, but other power-ups of any other character that just gets stronger, because he likes his friends or because he or she can hear their voices is at least illogical. Don't you agree?

And about the way he defeated Cobra... Well, it wasn't splendid, it wasn't flawless, but it was really Cobra's double-edged sword as he had an overwhelming sense of hearing, thus it would be his vice, when he hears too loud voices.
    There is actually, at the start of chapter 295 Jellal said "Even against Zero he was able to activate it (DF) only after eating my FULL MAGIC power".
    I guess we all can agree thats hell huge amount of magical power it's not even funny. It's logical that he eats flames and get stronger but be honest and ask yourself this:
    When was the last time he actually ate a normal flames and said "i'm all revived up" ? Funny huh ? Lately he's been eating everything here and there, Eitherion, Flames of rebuke, Lightning and god flames, the heck is up with that ? This is obviously a cheap power-up. About the other power-ups, i completely agree but Gray unlike most of the others didn't do that not one time i ever remember. Now a days his fighting with just pure rage.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    He defeated master Zero because he ate Jellal full magic power, thats the full magic power of a potent Wizard Saint one of the strongest 10 mages in the world, thats not a cheap power up ? He was humiliated completely by Cobra and won because he screamed, thats not stupid ? Thats the same Cobra that Defeated ( in a way he did) Erza.
    I didn't say he defeated Racer alone, i said he equaled him while natsu was unable to even touch him.
    Natsu defeated Laxus ? So you're trying to say Natsu is stronger than Laxus ? It's not like Gajeel was there at all, nope. It was also a completely fair fight and not an asspull victory.
    Natsu didnot eat full power of Jelal. Jelal was not full power when he gave his power to Natsu. He has been fighting midnight, prior to that he was dead, then tried killing himself with destruction seal.

Gajeel and Natsu defeated Laxus. AND GRAY did not defeat racer. infact only thing that landed was his last shot and nothing else. Laxus is stronger to Natsu even after timeskip.

Again Gray is not stronger than Natsu.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu didnot eat full power of Jelal. Jelal was not full power when he gave his power to Natsu. He has been fighting midnight, prior to that he was dead, then tried killing himself with destruction seal.

Gajeel and Natsu defeated Laxus. AND GRAY did not defeat racer. infact only thing that landed was his last shot and nothing else. Laxus is stronger to Natsu even after timeskip.

Tell that to Jellal who stated he gave him his full magical power. No that was not the only hit and even if it was, that just mean he one-shot an OS member.

Please don't don't state your opinion as if it's some fact.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

KingOfNight
    Well, he wasn't actually given anything close to Gerar's full power. As it was already stated by adbanginwar, Gerar was worn out and thus he gave what was left to Natsu. Also Flame of Rebuke is a flame, so why are you argueing? Well, I agree that Etherion or Lightning were a bit of an asspull. Still, at least Lightning was explained as it seems that it was given from Luxus and now is also part of Natsu's power, but with this you still can understand how a character powered-up, but Elza or Gray mostly have something illogical, so this can't be a power-up, but an asspull, also called "nakama power".

kkck
    Well, no matter how we look at it, the promise Sting made to Lector should be the same for him as for Natsu to win the Tournament or to not loose to Sting, but in this case we've seen as well that nakama power-up might work only for Fairy Tail. We haven't seen anyone in this manga apart from FT using it.
    Also, Sting defeated Genma not because of nakama power-up, but because Genma wasn't cautious and was too arrogant, thinking that noone from his Guild would fight back, when he does what he wants.
    And about Saber's Master? Well, I think Sting should be the one, since he defeated Genma and also was reffered by Minerva as one?

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    KingOfNight
    Well, he wasn't actually given anything close to Gerar's full power. As it was already stated by adbanginwar, Gerar was worn out and thus he gave what was left to Natsu. Also Flame of Rebuke is a flame, so why are you argueing? Well, I agree that Etherion or Lightning were a bit of an asspull. Still, at least Lightning was explained as it seems that it was given from Luxus and now is also part of Natsu's power, but with this you still can understand how a character powered-up, but Elza or Gray mostly have something illogical, so this can't be a power-up, but an asspull, also called "nakama power".
    Hey, that's what Jellal said, he gave him his full magical power and even if its not, it's still a cheap power (but it is his full magical power). Even if it was flames Natsu described it as more like Etherion when he ate it and it gave him too much power, what i'm arguing about is that he gets a cheap power-up in every battle regardless of what form that power-up is. Gray never really had any Nakama power ups or asspulls, as for Erza...well what happened with Azuma is far more than just Nakama power-up or asspull, it was something else entirely.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

natsu wins against every strong enemy coz of plot no jutsu or nakama powerups...

against laxus it was a stupid fight...got help from gajeel...laxus went crazy coz his gramps was sick and his fairy law didnt work...he just beat a confused guy who almost lost his will to fight...

against cobra he won coz of accident(him shouting)...otherwise cobra took his case...

against zero he won coz of dragon force which is final form of DS magic...and help form jellal..

you says gray defeated racer with help from lyon...racer was the type of enemy which could not be defeated alone...do you think natsu could have defeated racer 1 on 1 ?

ultear was head of 7 kins...not even natsu could have defeated her....gray cornered her...he found a solution to her magic and countered it magnificiently...after being hit by meldy's magic...in a bad condition...what happened next was just to end the fight...ultear lost the moment grey countered her main magic...i dont expect natsu to do it ever...

even though natsu has been continuously focused on again and again but still grey has his moments...his quick thinking and intelligence always makes him find a solution to the problems...he is not fire which rages he is ice which has altogether different properties...he might not be stronger than natsu but i won't say that he is weaker than him...

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast