Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Sound of Objects?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sound of Objects?

well SHP using haki has been a subject of debate...but there is one more thing called as "listening of sounds " in one piece...
    roger had this ability (he marked poneglymph ...skypiea arc)...luffy has been confirmed to have this ability (sea kings..fishman island arc)...
    now about zoro...i think he also possess the same power...remember in arabasta arc against Mr.1 ...he talked about hearing sounds of things before he cut steel... that came as a level up for zoro...so it has already been hinted that he can listen to sounds of the objects...
    maybe in new world saga luffy and zoro will both start listening to the sound of the objects...this ability by far seems most unqiue and rarest among all...even more than conquerors haki...any views on this ?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: zoro listening to sound of objects ?

I agreed with you, i also have noticed this before. Frightening the enemy is a characteristic of Haoshoku also

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they're different abilities.

Why I say this? Because other characters which said that have/had Conquerors Haki had the SAME ability of listening to stuff. It may sound similar, but I think Oda is being ambiguous on purpose here to allow a second unique thing to show.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro may have CoC haki, but I don't think he even used it in this chapter. That was just Monet's instinct telling her that she's powerless against Zoro. Zoro didn't use CoA haki, so why would he use CoC (if he looks down on Monet as someone much weaker than him)?

And the epiphany in Alabasta was IMO just the swordsman in him, not hearing voices of things.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Because other characters which said that have/had Conquerors Haki had the SAME ability of listening to stuff.
    i dont remember this being mentioned...did i miss it? although oda is being really ambiguous about it...its definitely related to finding raftael imo and will play major role in this saga...

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Zoro may have CoC haki, but I don't think he even used it in this chapter. That was just Monet's instinct telling her that she's powerless against Zoro. Zoro didn't use CoA haki, so why would he use CoC (if he looks down on Monet as someone much weaker than him)?

And the epiphany in Alabasta was IMO just the swordsman in him, not hearing voices of things.
    dude read the topic....im not talking about zoro using haki at all in this chapter or any other...that all is obvious at this point...sooner or later he will use all of them...
    i was talking about him listening to voice of things...and he clearly mentions that during arabasta arc...although he talks about listening to breathing of things
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c195/18.html
    i was just wondering that it could be the same thing as listening to voices of things...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    dude read the topic....im not talking about zoro using haki at all in this chapter or any other...that all is obvious at this point...sooner or later he will use all of them...
    i was talking about him listening to voice of things...and he clearly mentions that during arabasta arc...although he talks about listening to breathing of things
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c195/18.html
    i was just wondering that it could be the same thing as listening to voices of things...
    CoC haki was mentioned in this thread, that's why I said something about it. Then, I said to the topic of the thread that I don't think that was the same "listening to voices of things" as Roger's or Luffy's, but rather that it's the sense of a swordsman.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they are different abilities.
    What Luffy does, I think, is only good for the D people, like Roger and him, and only a few selected of them.

What Zoro does, I think his more related to swordmanship.
    For instance, Mihawk can probably do it as well.

Although, I could be wrong. It might simply be a Haki ability.
    For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if Shanks or Rayleigh (which as far as we know are NOT from the D people), can hear the sounds as well.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I think they are different abilities.
    What Luffy does, I think, is only good for the D people, like Roger and him, and only a few selected of them.

What Zoro does, I think his more related to swordmanship.
    For instance, Mihawk can probably do it as well.

Although, I could be wrong. It might simply be a Haki ability.
    For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if Shanks or Rayleigh (which as far as we know are NOT from the D people), can hear the sounds as well.
    that's what i was wondering...could this be the ability which only people with name "D" possess...or some of the big guns have it too... but if its only D then dragon,garp,BB and other D's might also have this ability...although it was not mentioned anywhere before...maybe its uncommon even among D ?
    i dont think its related to haki coz roger was able to understand ancient language coz of this(none of the haki users can do that making robin unique) ...its totally on a different scale...
    imo this ability will play a major role in finding raftael...this could explain that why so many other strong pirates could not reach raftael while Roger did...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it is the translation I read but I think there is a distinct difference made in the manga between what Luffy and Roger can do which is to hear the voice of all things and what Zoro managed to do in Alabasta which is to hear the breath of the things around him; which sounded more like a metaphor for being in tune with his surroundings as a necessary step to learning to cut steel...if anything this felt more to me as being a rudimentary version of COO than anything else
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Roger was able to hear great animals and things:

-Luffy is able to hear great animals
    -Zoro is able to hear things.

Complementing the skills of the previous Pirate King will help to the plot, having a team is more appropiate in shonen to achieve something. Something to separate of Haki term is just meaningless.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Roger was able to hear great animals and things:

-Luffy is able to hear great animals
    -Zoro is able to hear things.

Complementing the skills of the previous Pirate King will help to the plot, having a team is more appropiate in shonen to achieve something. Something to separate of Haki term is just meaningless.
    this is interesting point...two of them luffy and zoro could achieve together what roger did ... and it goes along with teamwork also...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If i remember correctly, rayleigh never said that there are only 3 typs of haki.
    He only said that everyone could lern coa and coo and that some could use coc.
    That could also mean, that there are more than those 3 typs.
    So that hearing the voice of all things could also be some kind of haki or rare power. So if luffy has coc zorro could have another type of haki to stand above the rest.
    That theory could also explain why shanks is so powerful, he has some rare kind of haki.

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dachef View Post
    If i remember correctly, rayleigh never said that there are only 3 typs of haki.
    He only said that everyone could lern coa and coo and that some could use coc.
    That could also mean, that there are more than those 3 typs.
    So that hearing the voice of all things could also be some kind of haki or rare power. So if luffy has coc zorro could have another type of haki to stand above the rest.
    That theory could also explain why shanks is so powerful, he has some rare kind of haki.
    The manga definitively states that only three types of haki exist...two that anybody can learn and one (COC) that only the chosen ones are born with.

To clarify on my post above, I refute the fact that Zoro has the ability to hear the voice of things...so far it is clear that Roger had this ability called the ability to hear the voice of all things and that Luffy will no doubt develop it with tiime, for all we know it is a trait of the carriers of the will of D but this is only speculation at this stage

The reason why I say Zoro doesn't have it is simple...what we saw in Alabasta wasn't Zoro hearing the voices of things, it was Zoro feeling the breath of the things around him which i believe is a metaphor for increased awareness or at best some rudimentary COO...if he could hear the voice of things then there should have been a conversation....Roger could do so and that is how he knew what was written on the poneglyph without knowing how to read its language...if you refute my argument show me what the rocks, trees and steel told Zoro and I will gladly retract
    Last edited by Kyodai Senkan Mora; November 04, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    The manga definitively states that only three types of haki exist...two that anybody can learn and one (COC) that only the chosen ones are born with.

To clarify on my post above, I refute the fact that Zoro has the ability to hear the voice of things...so far it is clear that Roger had this ability called the ability to hear the voice of all things and that Luffy will no doubt develop it with tiime, for all we know it is a trait of the carriers of the will of D but this is only speculation at this stage

The reason why I say Zoro doesn't have it is simple...what we saw in Alabasta wasn't Zoro hearing the voices of things, it was Zoro feeling the breath of the things around him which i believe is a metaphor for increased awareness or at best some rudimentary COO...if he could hear the voice of things then there should have been a conversation....Roger could do so and that is how he knew what was written on the poneglyph without knowing how to read its language...if you refute my argument show me what the rocks, trees and steel told Zoro and I will gladly retract
    what could they possibly tell anyone ? poneglymph told roger something coz there was something to tell...
    i won't disagree with your opinion but what you are saying is also not proved...how can you say listening breathing of things is type of COO ? i understand the state of complete awareness but it has never been stated anywhere that listening to breathing of things is equal to complete awareness or haki...what i find interesting here is that the terms "breath of objects" has never been used anywhere except from that time...
    also listening to the sounds of things cannot be proved as a trait of D coz there are many D's while it has never been stated that all of them can hear sounds of things...
    about 3 types of haki...it is never said that there are "only" 3 types...all that has been stated is about 3 types of haki people use...
    simply a speculation from my side

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

also listening to the sounds of things cannot be proved as a trait of D coz there are many D's while it has never been stated that all of them can hear sounds of things...
    about 3 types of haki...it is never said that there are "only" 3 types...all that has been stated is about 3 types of haki people use...
    If this ability was something that could be acquired then as the pirate king's right hand, I believe Rayleigh at least would have done so and taught it to Luffy. Instead we have two prominent D's as the only people so far confirmed to have it, it could be a coincidence but I firmly believe it isn't.....Also there may be a many D's as you say but the story has never focused on them enough to show us whether or not they had it so we can't speculate on that either

Actually it is : presence (COO), Fighting spirit (COC), Aura (COA). Here

About the breath of things, I only meant a state of heightened awareness, not a mastery of COO.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast