Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

0 0%
  • Great

0 0%
  • Epic!

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 161 Discussion/162 Prediction

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Liar Game Chapter 161 Discussion/162 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Liar Game Chapter 161 Discussion/162 Prediction

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Liar Game Chapter 161 Discussion/162 Prediction

Now I'm REALLY curious to see how Akiyama will manage to win this...
    It really does seem hopeless.

Although, I guess all of those "casualties" where so that Kawai could win their trust.
    In the end, he will probably lie to them and cause them to make a huge mistake.

I think this was made to ensure that they would value Kawai's info and would only spend 1 more coins than what he said.
    That's why it was shown that they started by bidding 10 more coins, then less and less, until they only bid 1 more coin.

It's probably because Akiyama has a plan, but it wouldn't work if they were ready to bid all their coins, so he needed a way for them to bid fewer coins.
    Or something like that...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 161 Discussion/162 Prediction

Well I think Kaitani should have showed them getting tricked by Kawai in this chapter, since this way we get zero progress, an ending page that might imply Akiyama has something planned, but I think Kaitani should hurry a bit. Plus the most interesting thing was Kimura actually being the focus while Harimoto it seems has totally faded away.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose whatever happens, it'll have the added bonus of Kimura's group pissing off basically everyone.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Well I think Kaitani should have showed them getting tricked by Kawai in this chapter, since this way we get zero progress, an ending page that might imply Akiyama has something planned, but I think Kaitani should hurry a bit. Plus the most interesting thing was Kimura actually being the focus while Harimoto it seems has totally faded away.
    I disagree that we got zero progress in this chapter. In fact, Kimura just fell for Akiyama's plan hook, line and sinker, allowing Akiyama's team to make a profit of 81 + 85 + 89 + 102 - 150 = 202 coins this round. To see where this number comes from, observe that between Taninaka, Shimoharada, Saeki and Yasukawa, they still have the 2, 9, J, A of clubs, 3, 5, 6, J, Q of diamonds, 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, A of hearts, and 9, Q of spades, which is enough to form 2 flushes and a one pair. (They also have enough rounds to make the necessarily exchanges.) Kimura's plan to outbid them for cards is only worth it if she can make all 4 of them end up as pigs, but the truth is that so far she's only guaranteed one pig while paying 357 coins for it. (I'm pretty sure that Akiyama's team has a contract signed somewhere...)

I'm not sure what's up with the enormous focus on Kimura slowly lowering by how much she overbids, though...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they do have the cards to form flushes but do they have the means to realize them? So far she has stopped people from even forming pairs. Could their plan be to make kimura have little money for when they actually try to make those flushes? Of course it is only through those flushes that they can win at all and to form them they need enough rounds to leave kimura with little money so that when they actually bid for them they can win. Of course, without those hands it wouldn't matter if kimura just spent 200 mil as she would get the money from having less people not being pigs.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, they do have the cards to form flushes but do they have the means to realize them? So far she has stopped people from even forming pairs. Could their plan be to make kimura have little money for when they actually try to make those flushes? Of course it is only through those flushes that they can win at all and to form them they need enough rounds to leave kimura with little money so that when they actually bid for them they can win. Of course, without those hands it wouldn't matter if kimura just spent 200 mil as she would get the money from having less people not being pigs.
    We already noted that Taninaka, Shimoharada, Saeki and Yasukawa already have the ability to form pairs if they wanted to - they just have to bid at least 150 coins each time, which is possible if they exchange cards in the right order; this would ensure that it wouldn't be worthwhile for Kimura to outbid them. That being the case, they definitely have the ability to form ranked hands in a similar fashion (my emphasis wasn't so much on the exact value of the hands, but rather that the hands could be ranked). My view is that they just haven't formed ranked hands yet because this way they can get Kimura to shell out even more coins.

New Reply