Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 133 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 133 Spoiler Thread

Cassandra only appeared to be overpowered (and she kinda was op'ed for a minute or tow). If you notice toward the end, she already re-generated everything (tentacles, left boob, and her little body that sits on top). That's why all the no-name ABs were talking so much garbage. Then you see Cassandra's tentacles back in action and Miria's all freaking out, meanwhile Tabitha and company can't even synch their yoki on Cassandra, which is kinda sad.

Yeah pacing is kinda weird but idk. This is a multi-location fight, lotta people involved so it'll be a bit dicey. Regarding how Clare is up and down in power, this is the first time post-Blob that she's actually released some real yoki.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vansonbee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Leave cassandra alone!

I sympathize for cassandra, she wasn't bad, when she was still was a warrior.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Gernot has also published his translation so be sure to thank him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    (...)Gernot's translation and mangastream scans is really a good combo on the paper.....
    The best combo would be TSS scanlation with Gernot's translation IMO. They have a better cleaner there (it's not as dark and they do not use such strange filters) plus they do not have annoying watermarks on the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    Well, the english confirms Clare's QS power-up. But it's only supposed to be "as powerful" as Irene's?? (...)
    Well, there is "huh" at the end which can be interpreted as Clare not being sure how strong it is. Unless Clare had a scouter I don't see how she could accurately measure power of Irene's QS compared to hers.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The translations are awesome and very good.
    Only three questions:
    -Why is "Quick Sword" called "High Speed Sword" now? Is that how Helen is calling him or did they changed the name of technic?
    -Why do Clare refer to Irene when she is called Ilena in manga ( Irena is name from anime )?
    -When can we expect links to download chapter and have it on PC? ( I need to keep my collection going )
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't Miria and the others immediatly attack Cassandra after Clare cut her left shoulder off? Or Clare could have turned around and used the QS again to take off Cassandra's head.

Quote Quote:
    Why do Clare refer to Irene when she is called Ilena in manga ( Irena is name from anime )?
    Irene is her name, but she was called Ilena in the anime.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Brother Coa (and MalakTawus)

I don't even need to ask Gernot about this.

The difference between "quick" and "high speed" is technical only. Quick is a more general term but in the context of Irene's technique it means high speed. So you don't even need a dictionary to know that there's nothing wrong with that translation. And if you would use Jap-Eng. dictionary (there are several online versions, even Google translate should do) - which thanks to Gernot transliterating kanji is a matter of ctrl+C, ctrl+V, you would notice that:

高速剣
    高速 【こうそく】 (adj-na,n,adj-no) (1) high speed; high gear; (2) (abbr) highway; freeway; expressway; motorway; (P); ED
    剣 【けん; つるぎ】 (けん) (n) sword; sabre; blade; bayonet; sting; clock hand; (つるぎ) (n) sword; SP

Edit:
    And about Irene vs. Ilena: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...63#post1416663 (browse downwards to read an explanation for that).
    Last edited by Goral; December 03, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Elandyll's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    Why didn't Miria and the others immediatly attack Cassandra after Clare cut her left shoulder off? Or Clare could have turned around and used the QS again to take off Cassandra's head.

Irene is her name, but she was called Ilena in the anime.
    They were too busy being WTF!? seeing Claire doing something that visibly they didn't think possible (including Miria).

As per the MiBs or Chronos/Lars laughing it up, they have imo no clue for the following reasons:

- None of the Ghosts have started playing in team yet (is Miria even organizing them? They seem to do random attacks on Cassandra, as usual Claire did her own thing hehe. Ghosts are at their best when coordinating)
    - None of the Ghosts have used any Yoki based attack. It could be argued about Claire and the QS, but the technique itself uses localized Yoki without the need for "general Yoki", hence her eyes being normal, thus not even at a 10% treshold yet.
    - Claire still has to show how she would combine the new QS (improved with WC precision), along with her specialty of Yoki Sensing, and her partial selective awakening if needed. Also, it is still to be seen if Rafaela's memories (and techniques) are to be useful. I wont even go into what "might" have happened in the Blob or the Teresa potential, those are big unknowns even still now.

At this point Claire seems to be "testing" her powers, as it seems to me that she has been barely tested since the 7 years (including vs Agatha). I think that she was far too blinded by hatred to fight with her normal cool and ideas when facing Priscilla (not that the outcome then would have been different).
    If the power of the Qs is indeed = or > to Irene's, we are talking about a speed/ power that surpasses Teresa's sword (who could only match up to Irene's sword thanks to her Yoki sensing technique - so said Irene herself)...
    Can't wait to see how things will evolve when Claire will get actually serious instead of trying stuff to see if it works
    It really looks to me in this chapter like Miria and Claire haven't even really started to fight yet, mostly "testing waters" (which is good, because if they give their 100% in a fight vs Cass, how can they even imagine doing anything vs Pris?)
    Last edited by Elandyll; December 12, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
    It really looks to me in this chapter like Miria and Claire haven't even really started to fight yet, mostly "testing waters" (which is good, because if they give their 100% in a fight vs Cass, how can they even imagine doing anything vs Pris?)

It's obvious, to me at least, that in order for that to happen, someone(s) going to need to awaken... I'd bet any amount of money on it that this is going to eventually happen before Priscilla is dead.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 133 Discussions / 134 Predictions

If you would like to further discuss the correct usage of the name Irene/ Ilena, please visit the Irene thread. Some of your posts have been moved there. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ancy; December 03, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

@Goral

Thank you for clearing that up, didn't know that ( I was confused because it was first "quick sword" than "flash sword" and now "High Speed Sword" ).
    So the only question remaining is when will you post Mediafire link for a chapter?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Gooral

Quote Quote:
    The best combo would be TSS scanlation with Gernot's translation IMO. They have a better cleaner there (it's not as dark and they do not use such strange filters) plus they do not have annoying watermarks on the pictures.
    I agree!......but still mangastream scans are very good imo, surely better than before (with all due respect).

Quote Quote:
    I don't even need to ask Gernot about this.

The difference between "quick" and "high speed" is technical only. Quick is a more general term but in the context of Irene's technique it means high speed. So you don't even need a dictionary to know that there's nothing wrong with that translation. And if you would use Jap-Eng. dictionary (there are several online versions, even Google translate should do) - which thanks to Gernot transliterating kanji is a matter of ctrl+C, ctrl+V, you would notice that:

Obviously i already knew this (in italian it's called the "flash sword" and honestly it's my fav expression by far, it sounds incredibly cool,lol).
    It's 100% evident that it's not a translation error since the meaning is basically the same, BUT since that is supposed to be the name of the technique, if a translator decides to call it with a certan name imo he should continue to use the exact same name in all his translations, if not it sounds quite lame tbh.

In certain mangas even characters' names can be translated differently, but if you start with one name you have to stick with that, it's not that you can change it middway, at least that's my personal opinion on the matter.
    Said that,tbh it's not that i really care, it was just a simple consideration.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    Cassandra only appeared to be overpowered (and she kinda was op'ed for a minute or tow). If you notice toward the end, she already re-generated everything (tentacles, left boob, and her little body that sits on top). That's why all the no-name ABs were talking so much garbage. Then you see Cassandra's tentacles back in action and Miria's all freaking out, meanwhile Tabitha and company can't even synch their yoki on Cassandra, which is kinda sad.

Yeah pacing is kinda weird but idk. This is a multi-location fight, lotta people involved so it'll be a bit dicey. Regarding how Clare is up and down in power, this is the first time post-Blob that she's actually released some real yoki.
    You're wrong Claire release her youki against Priscilla after and before she attempt to awakened
    and againt rafaela an her mental battle that went Claire user wind cutter and was not rival for rafaela until Claire uses
    her youki for user Quick sword and that was a couple charters before sealing Priscilla so not one can say it's been seven years what out releasing her youki

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True... she released yoki by trying to awaken for the Priscilla fight and then "Jean's Wedge" happened and Clare got mashed down without really getting a fight in. Also I don't consider the mental Raftela battle as a physical battle... but that's me... everyone is free to make of that what they willl.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    I agree!......but still mangastream scans are very good imo, surely better than before (with all due respect). (...)
    They surely have much more skilled cleaners/redrawers (and it's a 3-men job in their case, although even if Piggy and I would be working on the same chapter it wouldn't look much better anyway) but ultimately I prefer my group's version since it differs less from the original. The filters MS is using distort the original picture quite significantly (earlier there were several situations that you couldn't see Claymore's symbol even though in a raw and MiB's version it's perfectly visible - it was like that for example on Alicia and later with ZAOs).

In this chapter you can clearly see that more or less information is lost due to their cleaning:

From left to right: Mangastream's version, raw and TSS version.

While Priscilla's nipples are as important as nipples on a breastplate, as a hardcore fan I prefer to see a picture that Japanese people do, without any distortions. That's why TSS > levelled raw > Mangastream (IMO).

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    (...)-When can we expect links to download chapter and have it on PC? ( I need to keep my collection going )
    I'm still waiting for a better raw (you can see how the one I have looks by looking above) since the one I've sent Gernot 3 days ago would require quite a bit of effort (mainly with joining the double pages) and since I'm working alone I would have to spend too much time on that. Here's how a levelled version looks like (I would still need to remove the rest of the dust and do some other things).

If MS wouldn't be working on it I would probably work on what I have but now there's no rush. Only few people will be interested in my group's version anyway.
    Last edited by Goral; December 04, 2012 at 02:07 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Gooral

I guess you are right (i remember indeed something about the symbols, now that you mention it), let's just say that i like the way the pages look "as new",lol.....but yes, some information can indeed be lost with an heavy cleaning if you are not very careful.

Anyway TSS wins hands down, especially since the luminosity is perfect or quite close (imo).........mangasteasm should really correct the luminosity in the darkest images, oh well, we can't have it all

.......tbh whoever does (and will do in the future) the job i'm very grateful anyway since i know that it takes time, especially if you are a small team

I'll w8 and see your group's work, if it's better i'll surely replace the scanlation (and you already have an advantage my friend, since Prissy's nipples are important!!! )

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Oh god, suddenly i want a special wide-ban edition for Claymore, it would be soooo cool.....
    Last edited by MalakTawus; December 04, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast