Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 133 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 133 Discussions / 134 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by lies View Post
    There's still a of unresolved loose ends (Raphaela's 'huge mistake' remark, why Priscilla was looking for Clare)
    I think Raphaela's remark might have been a future plot point in Yagi's mind at one time, and since then he's abandoned the thought. A lot of time passed since that remark and only a few readers would clue in on anything it meant by now. But who knows.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priscilla is looking for Clare because:

"The new Awakened Being attacked the entire surrounding area with its parasitic rods, including the village Priscilla and Raki were in. After Raki got infected by The Destroyer's parasitic spikes, Priscilla revealed to him that she had been using him all this time to follow Teresa's scent, which was on Clare, and that she had just caught a whiff of that scent from The Destroyer, meaning Raki was now useless to her. Despite her hunger, she didn't eat him. Instead, she pierced him with her arm and severed it to suppress the infection as a token of their former companionship before abandoning him.[The Organization found Raki shortly afterwards and took him away as a specimen."

^^This is off of Priscilla's page on the Claymore wiki.

Pretty much chapter 110 says it all right at the start.

Something interesting though... when you read those scenes with Priscilla and Raki, Prissy is completely dismissive of Raki. She plainly states that she's done with him now that she knows where the scent is. She saved Raki's life as a parting gift, but that's it. She acted like he was a total tool and she's wiped her hands of him.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because it really weakens the theory that the reason Prissy didn't immediately destroy the claymores who were closer to her near Rabona, and instead attacks all the AB layabouts that were further away was because of Raki being right there. But why would Priscilla care enough to actually attack a completely different area if she thought Raki was just a tool bag when she abandoned him?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway it's still quite suspicious that she didn't kill Raki, personally i'm not so sure that she really doesn't care for him, at least at an unconscious level (due to her innocent personality strongly caring for Raki).

Also, it's quite evident that even if it's true that Prissy doesn't have any problem killing warriors, it still seems to me that she prefers to kill ABs (there are little hints here and there, one is for example when she said that it's a pity that both twins awakened since they couldn't turn back anymore, saying that she would have put them out of their misery.....).

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I guess. Personally though, I'd rather Yagi stick with what Priscilla actually did with Raki. Which was totally diss him, while saving his life and then saying kbai. Although I can accept that her personality might be deeper than that and she truly has attachment to Raki.

But, there is this: if Clare (who Prissy thinks is Teresa) was anywhere close, she would have simply destroyed her right then and there, regardless of collateral damage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe that priscilla cares for Raki. In chapter 110 she had turned away from him and started to walk away. If Raki wouldn't have said anything then priscilla would have just left him there to die. She only used him to get what she wanted. And priscilla is crazy so it is hard to determine her exact reasons for helping him. It probably was nothing more than a parting gift.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    now this kinda confuses me Dae said that Roxanne, Hysteria , Cassandra were his "greatest creations" and he wished he could "keep them close forever" now did he mean that those 3 were the greatest he could bring back or the greatest in his collection?(of N1 bodys) , and would Prissy not be his "greatest"

And i wonder is Dae the one who invented "claymoreization" , was he the lead scientist on all the projects (he refers to the warriors as "his") . i dont think we have seen any other guys like Dae? makes me think he has been around sense the beginning(and i am 100% sure that he knows Rubel is a spy/not on the Orgs side)
    Cassandra, Roxanne and Hysteria were the three strongest warriors out of the No.1's he had who were the least damaged (Physical Deficiencies) and if he ever did revive i think he would have kept them around to study how they would act after being revived but he sent them straight out into the rebellion in the hopes that when they Awakened their power would the "the greatest masterpiece weve ever brought forth" (Priscilla) to him XD

And i wouldnt be suprised if Dae created Hybridization of Human and Yoma, what i want to know though is why his face is the way it is? Did he experiment on himself to see the effect of Yoma on a Human Body? XD

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People have theorized that he's part Dragon or w/e, but whatever it is I'm sure Dae's past is pretty cool. He's an ultimate disobedient and obsessed scientist serving his role in a forward Organization outpost on an island. And he doesn't give a shit about anything other than his interest in blending beings together. The Organization seems to of know this and his incredible talent, and rewarded Dae with his perfect assignment on the island where he has a good bit of autonomy- he gets do the wildest experiments and, If he created Claymores, then the Org went ahead and gave him permission to be really reckless in his actions.

If he were stationed on the mainland he'd have to be a lot more restrained. It wouldn't have been the best use of Dae in the Organization's eyes.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Island is the perfect place to carry out weapon testing. Everything that happens there, stays there. The atrocious hybrid experiments will never be known about on the mainland and that's all the Org wants.

Also I would point out that Raki told the Ghosts about the secret harbor and the secret ship, which (for some crazy reason) no one on this island really knows about ships or where harbors are, and Raki says that only MiBs and their assistants know about. So yeah, the Island is basically a controlled experimental territory, full of human society to test weapons on.

This is all Miria's theory basically I'm sure most of you know. Chapter 79 page 27.
    Last edited by fluorideconspiracy; December 08, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    I don't believe that priscilla cares for Raki. In chapter 110 she had turned away from him and started to walk away. If Raki wouldn't have said anything then priscilla would have just left him there to die. She only used him to get what she wanted. And priscilla is crazy so it is hard to determine her exact reasons for helping him. It probably was nothing more than a parting gift.
    I think Priscilla couldnt care less about Raki once she found the scent of Clare. Like you said she was fine with calmly strolling away while he as being Parasitized, and by the way she said to him "I feel like im finally about to reach that which ive been searching for. All thanks to you who led me this far..." I think she was mocking him a little because the look on her face seemed to me like she was enjoying herself when she went to stop the infection, and the fact that she could have easily tracked the scent if she wanted. It wouldnt have made any difference to Priscilla if Raki died right in front of her, she would've simply shrugged it off XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It also makes me wonder, when Chronos told Raki "you may be the strongest sword in this fight", if we can now throw out the theory of why Destrilla didn't just attack the claymores that were near her because of Raki, then it's possible that Chronos's comment was simply an insult to Miria and her team. It was like him saying "haha human, you might as well be the strongest sword..." If you can follow what I'm saying.

And then also, Chronos calls the claymores "losers" in this chapter; basically the guy (IMO) is dedicated to thinking of the claymores as total crap.

I want to see Yagi's logic here. He's had bad lapses of logic in the past and I'm wondering if he's distracted, or mixing messages here.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I have no clue where Yagi is going with Raki being a blade against Priscilla, because once Priscilla stomps the destroyer and Riful-Doll (it will happen XD) shell crush whatever gets in her way when she sets her sights on Clare and i dnt even think Raki will stop her becasue when she fought Dauf she said "anything that gets in my way shall perish". So i hope he does something good XD

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I mean if we can rule Raki out as a romantic or a familiar symbol to Priscilla, then he's not going to have a role in stopping her. Basically a whole lotta wariors are going to have to die/awaken just to stop Prissy's first attack on Clare. Monumental...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

It does look like Priscilla doesn't care about Raki, but you have to wonder at that glee she showed when they first met. I guess she overdosed on Raki's fresh scent (typing that feels somewhat wrong) but now the novelty has long worn off. That, or she can really fake it.

In any case, it's not clear who was in control of the Priscilla/Destroyer thing the moment Clare exited. I had assumed it was the Destroyer. In that moment, it still had some lingering feelings from Clare, and so would not have hurt her friends. Which is why it went for the ABs.

On why Dae doesn't seem interested in Clare. Would he really consider her (or specifically the experiment) a success? After all, apart from yoki sensing, Clare by herself is...not overwhelming. The QS (which is really what makes her so dangerous) is borrowed, so is the Windcutter, and now Rafaella's technique (the nearly awakening mode is more or less a kamikaze attack, so I do not count it as a technique).

Assuming the Org wanted to produce someone with Teresa's raw capabilities, then as of now Clare is still not a success. Even so, you'd think he would pay a modicum of attention to her, seeing as she went from being a failure to a number one class warrior in just 7 years (she had a lot of help, but he doesn't need to know that).

But then again, the Org does seem to have a history of ignoring things that could be useful. Case in point: half-awakening. With all the hundreds (possibly thousands) of warriors they have had, I refuse to believe these four are the only ones who ever managed to pull this off; after all they faced the same circumstances others faced.

Now, let's see:

Cassandra:

Has much more yoki than anyone else there - check.
    Is stronger - check.
    Is faster (Miria aside) - check.
    Is more resilient - check.
    Has insane regeneration - check.
    Has more stamina - check.
    Defeated another AO (ignore how she did it) and walked away with just a scratch here and there - check.
    Can, for all intents and purposes, one-shot most of the warriors/ABs there - check.
    Can single out a warrior and overwhelm her/him, thus reducing the number of opponents and the effectiveness of their teamwork - check.

Is still going to lose - check.

Need I say more?
    Shiro 2

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post DK. I would like to hear your ideas on how Raphael's style is kamikaze specifically, there is canon here that I've probably totally forgotten on why that fight style would suggest that the aggressor has to intentionally enter a fight with this style with the only outcome being death or victory.

Also, I have mentioned before, can a QS and RFS be stacked? Also where is PYS in this? Because Clare has them all.

Also I'm not sure how the Destroyer has feelings or is capable of any morality whatsoever: Good or Evil. I thought that all the Destroyer as an entity knows is eradication of all life.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    Yeah. I mean if we can rule Raki out as a romantic or a familiar symbol to Priscilla, then he's not going to have a role in stopping her. Basically a whole lotta wariors are going to have to die/awaken just to stop Prissy's first attack on Clare. Monumental...
    I know!! Yagi needs to seriously think about how Priscilla is going to be beaten!! I think Yagi should have kept one of the Resurrected Warriors form Awkening and have them join the ghosts, maybe if Miria never killed Hysteria she could have joined?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On HA'ing, your reasoning is sound. Of the multiple 1000's of warriors, how are we going to think that only 4 of them did it? However, I would say that for the sake of this story, we are told stories of certain claymores that had such exceptional personal circumstances that there it simple happened to them. We kind of have to suspend disbelief on this, for the sake of the story. And also, the Organization caught onto these 4 and tried to murder them with that male AB set-up.

Considering this, you wouldn't even have to suspend disbelief that only 4 warriors have HA'ed. The Organization could have lured countless warriors to their deaths and could have been aware of of the Half Awakening process.
    Last edited by fluorideconspiracy; December 08, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Miria and Co probably werent the only half awakened either because there has probably been tons of Warriors, and it would be wierd if only four ever managed to pull back. But when a Warrior goes over her limit she thinks there is no turning back so shell probably not attempt to pull herslef back (like jean but she already transformed) so i think it all comes down to whether a Warrior attempts to pull herself back even if shes gone other the limit ^^

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast