Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

35 54.69%
  • Aokiji

29 45.31%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

First Round 26.

Blackbeard

VS.

Aokiji

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round 26. (Blackbeard vs Aokiji)

Aokiji
    I really wanted him to be in the tournament for longer. Stupid blackbeard

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this'll go just like Ace vs. Blackbeard.

Blackbeard wins.

No matter what Aokiji does, he's screwed. Blackbeard can easily break all Aokiji's ice using the quake fruit he took from Whitebeard. Overpowered.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on what we saw WB do with the Gura Gura no mi indeed Aokiji has no chance against BB, BB may not have haki but his other fruit makes up for it pretty well. Maybe if Aokiji makes weapons out of his fruit will he be able to do something more, but I think the destructive power that is combined with both of BBs fruits will do a lot of damage.

But a key aspect when we look at a Blackbeard battle is his will to win it, he will never give up, his spirit is a lot similar to Luffy, just not as pure.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, pretty much like with Ace. Ace should have won that without much trouble, but he couldn't be allowed to win. I'd just shoot fireballs until BB stopped talking.

Aokiji could win if he got a hold of BB and used Ice Age or something. It was enough to freeze Saul, it would be enough to freeze BB. But, he would have to hold him without allowing BB to grab him. Or do it faster than BB can use a micro quake, like WB did.

If it were me, I'd just be throwing ice spikes at him until he dies. Or do whatever Aokiji did to turn half of the island into a frozen wasteland. Technically, Aokiji could freeze his environment fast enough to negate Blackbeard's reaction. We saw he can completely freeze 2 giant tsunami waves. Freezing any person in any environment (except desert) should be no problem for that.

I'd almost certainly vote for Aokiji if it were only that. But as I said, BB wins even when he shouldn't win. I don't know. I think I'll vote for Aokiji, but just because his power seemed to be more effective. Sure, BB can absorb shit with his darkness, and destroy stuff with quakes, but not if he's frozen before he manages to do it. Plus Aokiji is a lot faster than him, probably mastered Rokushiki.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

@Razh

Aokiji tried freezing Whitebeard too, but it didn't work. He just shattered it with quakes. And now Blackbeard has that ability too. Plus, he doesn't even need it, he can just absorb it with "Black Hole" like he did to an entire town. And Blackbeard was fine even after Ace tried roasting him, so temperature makes no difference. Sadly, Aokiji's done for.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Sure, BB can absorb shit with his darkness, and destroy stuff with quakes, but not if he's frozen before he manages to do it.
    Nah, he completely froze Whitebeard, who still got out of it easily with his quake ability - the ability Blackbeard now has.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know guys. Blackbeard had his crew with him and still opted not to fight Akainu. If Aokiji is around the same strength, I'm thinking it could turn out either way. Aokiji only attempted to freeze WB once, but after that, he went straight up close-ranged fighting, which looked like it could have worked had Marco not interfered. I'm pretty sure haki can cancel out BB Yami Yami no Mi. Despite it's strength, it's still a devil's fruit. I'm going to go with the Rokushiki+Haki Infused Ice Partisans for this round.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I don't know guys. Blackbeard had his crew with him and still opted not to fight Akainu. If Aokiji is around the same strength, I'm thinking it could turn out either way. Aokiji only attempted to freeze WB once, but after that, he went straight up close-ranged fighting, which looked like it could have worked had Marco not interfered. I'm pretty sure haki can cancel out BB Yami Yami no Mi. Despite it's strength, it's still a devil's fruit. I'm going to go with the Rokushiki+Haki Infused Ice Partisans for this round.
    There's still nothing Aokiji can do.

Aokiji tries freezing Blackbeard - Blackbeard breaks it with quake.
    Aokiji tries throwing ice spears from a distance - Blackbeard absorbs them with darkness.
    Aokiji tries close-combat - Blackbeard uses Kurozu to seal Aokiji's powers and beats the hell out of him, haki or no haki.

Blackbeard beats Aokiji like he beat Ace. And if you remember, in the war Aokiji and Ace fought evenly. Akainu beat Ace because magma > fire for some reason. Blackbeard is way too powerful. Even without DF powers, Blackbeard gave Shanks his 3 scars. Blackbeard wasn't afraid of Akainu at all, he said his plan was to take out Akainu later. That's far from being scared of him... more like confidence that he can take Akainu out when he wants to.
    Last edited by Cyrs; October 30, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Aokiji tries freezing Blackbeard - Blackbeard breaks it with quake.
    That could be true. However one thing to note. Aokiji tried to freeze the World's Strongest Man who had survived a shit ton of damage that would damage others. We have no clue how freezing BB would turn out as he isn't the same as WB, he just has his fruit.

Aokiji tries throwing ice spears from a distance - Blackbeard absorbs them with darkness.
    Infused with haki, I wouldn't think so. He can however use quakes to stop them from a distance.

Aokiji tries close-combat - Blackbeard uses Kurozu to seal Aokiji's powers and beats the hell out of him, haki or no haki.
    Aokiji is by no means weak physically and if Akainu can take a couple quake hits, I'm pretty sure Aokiji can as well. You are kind of underestimating haki, though. We've seen haki injuring BB despite his fruit, meaning that close-combat could still lean in Aokiji's favor. Kurozu shouldn't be able to block haki.

I don't think Ace used haki in his fight against BB though. Again, BB still uses a devil's fruit, so if the haki is strong enough it should still hit affect him. Aokiji's ice and Ace's fire cancelled each other out, that is true. It is also true that Ace lost to Akainu due to element superiority. However we were directly told that Akainu and Aokiji were evenly matched in their fight for 10 days before the win went to Akainu, barely. We don't even know what contributed to his win.

Blackbeard still fled from him though. It still looks like he wasn't confident enough to face off against him and win. If he was, he could have taken him out then and there and done major damage against the marines fighting force.
    Last edited by eefrit; October 30, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

@eefrit

No, Ace is a confirmed Haki user.

And Blackbeard said his plan was to beat Akainu later, so he left. Meaning he wanted to screw up the marines later. Seriously... the guy scarred Shanks without any DF ability. And now he has 2 of the strongest DF powers in the whole manga. He beat the crap out of Ace, a haki user - the same Ace who matched Aokiji in the war.

Honestly, at this point, if you think Aokiji can take him out... what manga are you reading?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@eefrit

No, Ace is a confirmed Haki user.

And Blackbeard said his plan was to beat Akainu later, so he left. Meaning he wanted to screw up the marines later. Seriously... the guy scarred Shanks without any DF ability. And now he has 2 of the strongest DF powers in the whole manga. He beat the crap out of Ace, a haki user - the same Ace who matched Aokiji in the war.

Honestly, at this point, if you think Aokiji can take him out... what manga are you reading?
    Ha haha a confirmed haki user? When did Ace use Haki in a fight? Using Haoshoku Haki as a child does not make you some expert haki user. He fought to a draw with Smoker before because neither of them could use haki. No, Ace is not a haki user.
    Ace matched Aokiji in the war? Really? All ace did was melt one of Aokiji's attacks... that it.

Honestly, at this point, if you think Ace is a haki user, or matched Aokiji during the war... what manga are YOU reading?

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damane08 View Post
    Ha haha a confirmed haki user? When did Ace use Haki in a fight? Using Haoshoku Haki as a child does not make you some expert haki user. He fought to a draw with Smoker before because neither of them could use haki. No, Ace is not a haki user.
    Ace matched Aokiji in the war? Really? All ace did was melt one of Aokiji's attacks... that it.

Honestly, at this point, if you think Ace is a haki user, or matched Aokiji during the war... what manga are YOU reading?
    Give me a break... the Whitebeard commanders were using haki against Akainu during the war. Ace had CoC haki, and was also the 2nd division Whitebeard commander.

By the way, Blackbeard killed a Whitebeard commander even before he had a DF ability, something Aokiji didn't manage to do.

Regardless, Blackbeard was ready to take on the entire marine force, plus Shichibukai, until Shanks showed up. So Blackbeard was confident he could take out Aokiji, along with Akainu, Sengoku, Garp, Marco, Vista, Mihawk, Doflamingo, and all the rest.

If you want to make up things and say maybe Shanks tripped and fell on Blackbeard's knives to get those scars, go right ahead. This discussion is going no where, I'm out!

There's nothing in the manga to suggest Aokiji will win this fight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Ace can use haki, however he didn't use it in his fight against BB.

He still left though, that is the point. He has two devils fruits and he still didn't want to face Akainu head on. Later doesn't matter here because we aren't at later, yet. We don't know how strong Shanks was at the time. BB and Shanks fought between around the time Roger died and sometime before Shank's stay at Luffy's town. So it could have been when he was a still a cabin boy/fighter for Roger. We don't know.

Again Ace matched Aokiji's element, not the admiral himself. They're elements may be equal but their overall strength may not be.

I'm reading One Piece, just like you . I just happen to believe that Aokiji can take a pre-time skip BB one on one, with some problems of course.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen BB is a pussy. Point blank. I smart pussy I'll give him that but he's still a coward. There's a reason he needed his current fruit and there is a reason why he couldn't defeat whitebeard on his own even with half his head missing. If WB wasn't half dead and soft against his crew he could've of killed BB years ago even during the war before his death. He has a great defense the greatest I've seen on any character somewhat like luffy I'll give him that but after that fight between Akainu and Aoikoji as we have seen also I don't see him winning in a long term battle. Given even if he's gotten stronger Aoikiji serious against his opponent I doubt it could last long. Mano e mano. I give blackbeard props because he definitely wouldn't just go down but besides the fruits he stole and his stamina I think he lacks strong haki and strength. Let alone tactics in battle. Aoikiji wins after some struggle.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Razh

Aokiji tried freezing Whitebeard too, but it didn't work. He just shattered it with quakes. And now Blackbeard has that ability too. Plus, he doesn't even need it, he can just absorb it with "Black Hole" like he did to an entire town. And Blackbeard was fine even after Ace tried roasting him, so temperature makes no difference. Sadly, Aokiji's done for.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Nah, he completely froze Whitebeard, who still got out of it easily with his quake ability - the ability Blackbeard now has.
    You should really learn how to read properly, since I mentioned that already in my post. Also, it's not like it's automated defense system. If BB gets frozen and can't control his movements well and can't think straight, he won't be able to use his powers. Seriously, one little mistake and he's done for. Why? Because he has no power of intangibility. Admiral powers really are unfair in that way.

Oh and if Blackbeard stayed to fight marines during the battle, him and his crew would probably be either dead or in level 6 at the moment. His carelesness doesn't say anything about his strength. In fact, it's one of his greatest weaknesses, which is why he survived his encounter with Magellan by pure luck.

That was in the heat of battle, though and he was more careful later, when he saw Akainu approach him. And ran. If it were Akainu vs. BB, I wouldn't doubt Akainu would win. Had to think a little with Aokiji. But it comes down to this. BB's defense isn't nearly as perfect as Cyrs makes it out to be. It's not the way he lives or fights. And Aokiji has terrible powers, powers that allow him to freeze gigantic tsunamis in a matter of seconds. Freezing another human being seems funny by comparison. The only reason Akainu could survive their battle is because he is lava logia.

Of course, if the fight happened in plot, BB would have to win somehow, for obvious reasons. But, from what we've seen so far, Aokiji is more dangerous than Blackbeard.
    Last edited by Razh; October 31, 2012 at 04:12 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast