Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean ass cool, cool ass clean.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean ass cool, cool ass clean.

Might as well create my own thread. In addition to the two FF threads related to it (that I don't want to burden too much), I'll post music that I love here, since I also love to share it. I'll add a spoiler tag summarizing those links to this post, starting from page II.

Spoiler: Summery of Songs show

Adding another spoiler tag to summarize the music shared by other members on this thread. Thank you very much y'all!

P.S. I'm not interested in talking about the guy behind Teubier, whom would be me, but I'd answer to questions nonetheless.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

I'd also like to discover standup comedians. Those are the four I've enjoyed the most until now :

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Teubier; August 13, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teubier au rapport !

Finally made a thread huh!? Welcome!

Now I can start posting those congolese music recommendations you wanted in here.

So you like Jimmy Carr eh? I've also seen some stuff from Dieudonne on French TV a few years ago.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Finally made a thread huh!? Welcome!
    Thanks

Now I can start posting those congolese music recommendations you wanted in here.
    Hehe, that was the decisive factor for this thread's creation

So you like Jimmy Carr eh? I've also seen some stuff from Dieudonne on French TV a few years ago.
    Yupyup, I find Jimmy Carr to be a very funny lad, with his scathing, quick repartee. And he's a fine example of the idiom "don't judge a book by its cover", that adds an interesting touch to his style imo.

What stuff ? Him being scrapped by the (mainstream) media due to his infamous reprehensible sketch ?
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    Hehe, that was the decisive factor for this thread's creation
    Here's your reward:

Quote Quote:
    Yupyup, I find Jimmy Carr to be a very funny lad, with his scathing, quick repartee. And he's a fine example of the idiom "don't judge a book by its cover", that adds an interesting touch to his style imo.
    He's one of my favourite British comics, there's also Jason Manford who is a very "lad's comedian" type, Oh gosh the names have just escaped me....when I remember the rest I'll come back
    Quote Quote:
    What stuff ? Him being scrapped by the (mainstream) media due to his infamous reprehensible sketch ?
    I can't remember what the sketches were, it was a long time ago, but I just recognised his face and that's how I knew I'd seen him before. Really? When did that happen?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

He's one of my favourite British comics, there's also Jason Manford who is a very "lad's comedian" type, Oh gosh the names have just escaped me....when I remember the rest I'll come back
    Mmmmm, Jason Manford huh, just saw his sketch on football manager, I like it, thanks.
    The Apollo Theater seems to be to Manchester what the Auditorium Stravinski is to Montreux, I'll probably find a lot of interesting standup comedians if I take a peek at the schedule.

I can't remember what the sketches were, it was a long time ago, but I just recognised his face and that's how I knew I'd seen him before. Really? When did that happen?
    It happened in 2003, on french television. With just one sketch (well, I must admit it was poor, by comparison with his usually high quality sketches, that didn't help his cause), he became the scapegoat of something that was far bigger than what he could handle, as a matter of fact, he coherently handled it badly imo.

P.S. Thanks for the soothing reward
    Last edited by Teubier; January 10, 2012 at 05:38 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmm, Jason Manford huh, just saw his sketch on football manager, I like it, thanks.
    The Apollo Theater seems to be to Manchester what the Auditorium Stravinski is to Montreux, I'll probably find a lot of interesting standup comedians if I take a peek at the schedule.
    Dunno if I've seen that sketch about Football Manager one. To be fair, I haven't seen any new stuff in a while. Oh, I have had the pleasure of seeing him perform live, whilst working in 2010. Saw Jimmy Carr perform at the same event the following year, he really knows how to get a reaction out of the crowd lol

Quote Quote:
    It happened in 2003, on french television. With just one sketch (well, I must admit it was poor, by comparison with his usually high quality sketches, that didn't help his cause), he became the scapegoat of something that was far bigger than what he could handle, as a matter of fact, he coherently handled it badly imo.
    I'll watch this in a bit, then post my opinion.

Quote Quote:
    P.S. Thanks for the soothing reward
    You're welcome, I'll post some more when I think of them.
    Last edited by goldb; January 11, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: When I dream, lady writer : give me the night, feel it burn ; fly with me. show

---------- Post added January 11, 2012 at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was January 10, 2012 at 04:59 PM ----------

Spoiler: Another day above the ground... That’s that whirlwind where there’s gold, wind of gold made for us. show

---------- Post added January 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was January 11, 2012 at 01:56 PM ----------

Spoiler: Under the sun, our time sounds like a melody calling out another heaven. show
    Last edited by Teubier; January 14, 2012 at 05:20 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just posting videos now???

Alright teubier, tell us a bit more about yourself. You should have written a formal introduction in your first post, but well

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Just posting videos now???

Quote Quote:
    Alright teubier, tell us a bit more about yourself. You should have written a formal introduction in your first post, but well
    My apologies, but it was the best I could come up with as an introduction. After all, I really don't bear much interest in myself, so I don't know how to start. That's why I wrote that I would answer to questions, should there be some. Never been an exuberant kind of guy. What might you want to know ?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

My apologies, but it was the best I could come up with as an introduction. After all, I really don't bear much interest in myself, so I don't know how to start. That's why I wrote that I would answer to questions, should there be some. Never been an exuberant kind of guy. What might you want to know ?
    but ..but we do have a keen interest in you..right Goldie???

OK..tell me how and when you fell in love with manga?? What has changed after you discovered the "manga world of goodies"??

Have you ever attented a comic/manga convention ??

Any random embarassing things you might want to share???
    "I grow on you like a fungus grows on a nail "

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

-Manga reading list
    -Left or Right handed?
    -Favourite films

etc...

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    OK..tell me how and when you fell in love with manga??
    I really fell in love with manga (and not anime) while reading (again, not the anime, I discovered the anime far sooner) Captain Tsubasa, when I was fifteen~sixteen (that would make 2001~2002). It coincided with what felt like a sizeable football adventure, and laid the last, decisive stone. I did read Dragon Ball (kinda ignited my love for manga though) and a few other titles when I was younger, but I was still more into european bande-dessinée, or even comics, then.

Quote Quote:
    What has changed after you discovered the "manga world of goodies"??
    I'm not getting the meaning of this question...

Quote Quote:
    Have you ever attented a comic/manga convention ??
    A few french conventions, yes. The Japan Expo in 2003/2008/2010, and the Epita (nowadays called Epitanime), in 1999 if I recall correctly. My best memories being those of the Epita. Happy, peaceful & innocent times, and the crowd was bearable.

Quote Quote:
    Any random embarassing things you might want to share???
    I like Durian. I'm sorta proud of it at the same time.

-Manga reading list
    -Left or Right handed?
    -Favourite films
    -Currently re-reading Claymore.
    Scanlations wise, I finished reading 'til the last (MR) chapter of Fist of the Blue Sky yesterday. Planning to read The Music of Marie and Kamisama no Iutoori next.
    -Righ handed.
    -All time favourite : Niki Larson (City Hunter) with Jackie Chan I've watched it probably a few hundred times since my first in 1995.
    Other favourites : all the Kim-Ki Duk & Kitano & H.Miyazaki & Wong Jing & Miki Satoshi movies, A Bittersweet Life, Man Bites Dog (Poelvoorde ), Lady Vengeance, Soulplane, The Taste of Tea, My Brother (Uri Hyeong), The Mask, Office Space, 2046, A Man Who Was Superman, Feathers In The Wind, Furyo, Green Snake, Zoo (2005, Japan), Love Exposure, 19 (2000, Japan), Madness in Bloom, Pusher (whole trilogy), Leaving Las Vegas, The Man From Earth, The Sunset Limited, Ink, London River, He Was A Quiet Man, Made In Britain, Quartier Lointain, Drive.

Might be a little too much... but that should give you a glimpse of how many movies I watched.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

claymore ....

isn't it a bit too feministic?? yeah..tell me what you think abt it (don't want to draw the wrong conclusions )

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Huh ? Feministic ? Why ?

I was already acquainted with the drawing style since I read Angel Densetsu, and I did a couple of years before reading Claymore. There is something about Yagi's style that simply astounds me...

And the main protagonists being females, I don't see how that could be an issue, shouldn't I like women-like characters ? Well, I do, all of them.

If it's about not being man enough, then don't be afraid, I can eat Takoyaki right off the hotplate.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

don't be afraid???

Actually I'm not ...anyway, I thought you read Claymore because of the story..and the story is quite feministic..just think about the fact that most women are claymore, whilst most men are yoma, in other words stupid demonic beings lead only by instinct and without intelligence (except Isley , Rigardo and Dauf who are awakened beings/abyssal).

New Reply
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast