Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 90 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 90 Discussion/Predictions

Ch. 90 RAW | Translation

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 90 Discussion/Predictions

The good things from this chapter:

-Bunta is a badass.
    -Kite is a badass.
    -The match is over, and a new one is coming
    -Ryoga, Echizen, Yukimura, and Sanada got some screentime.
    -Tohno looked like a moron for crying over getting hit in the knee after what he did to Kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai
    It does seem Ryoma is gonna go at least Rally with Ryoga. Sanada told him not to over do it since he still has a real match to play. It's possible this means Ryoma may not face Ryoga in the shuffles now?
    I don't think it means that. It could mean the opposite as well. Sanada could be saying "You'll get your chance in the official match." We just don't know who Echizen will play, but Ryoga definitely IS an option.
    Last edited by Fayte; November 04, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone explain me what happend in the match? even with the translation I do not get it, what is the deal? Why Kite let tohou anhilate him? What's going on?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fosprey View Post
    Can someone explain me what happend in the match? even with the translation I do not get it, what is the deal? Why Kite let tohou anhilate him? What's going on?
    It seems that Kite took the execution as "atonement" for attacking Marui earlier in the match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    It seems that Kite took the execution as "atonement" for attacking Marui earlier in the match.
    So. He could have returned the shots if he wanted to?

If Tohno didn't injure Marui with execution No.9 , sure the shots would have been returned.

I guess Ryoma will rally with Ryoga but won't even try at all since is probable he'll play him in an official match, I just see this "come along with me and rally" thing useless, what's the point of making Ryoma rally if he'll play for sure an official match and get a spot later?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I guess Ryoma will rally with Ryoga but won't even try at all since is probable he'll play him in an official match, I just see this "come along with me and rally" thing useless, what's the point of making Ryoma rally if he'll play for sure an official match and get a spot later?
    Remember in the anime when Sanada plays Echizen in an unofficial match and wins 6-0 making Echizen go all emo? Which makes Echizen improve in time for the official match. Not saying it will happen with Ryoga, but it can happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to know if Execution Method No. 9 [Diamelismos] is really an accident or not. It's really hard to tell. Tohno face look surprised (to me) that racquet gone out of his hand, and there's also "!" mark. But the face can of course be "I want to kill him", but it just doesn't look that way to me.
    Last edited by -Ken-; November 04, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why only 1 chapter? Konomi you lazy ass you are so cruel

The only thing I was expecting was seeing who will play the next match and he didn't gave us a single clue (and probably he won't in the next chapter, he'll focus on Echizen unofficial match), I didn't really care about this one.

What will happen to Tohno?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The hit with the racket is an accident, but since Tohno seems to be out to kill the other guy anyway he can't just stop just because he accidentally smacked someone with a racket. I mean he was going to decapitate someone at the end.

Neither Kite nor Marui can return the Execution techs after Wonder Castle was broken so someone's got to take the hits (apparently rolling out of the way is never an option in POT). What I don't get is that it says you get paralyzed after all 13 but clearly Kite didn't take Execution 9-13 (Marui did)? So the paralyzation shouldn't work, though I guess you don't need to paralyze someone when they're dead.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Why only 1 chapter? Konomi you lazy ass you are so cruel

The only thing I was expecting was seeing who will play the next match and he didn't gave us a single clue (and probably he won't in the next chapter, he'll focus on Echizen unofficial match), I didn't really care about this one.

What will happen to Tohno?
    The 35 pages in one part is more than the typical 3 chapter where each chapter is like 7-8 pages honestly.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It sucks that it was only one chapter, but at least it finished the match, and in good fashion. Was kinda cool how this match was constructed so that this one chapter could piece it all together. First there was the tying in of Kite redeeming himself for his "sins" against marui, which also happened to give another chance at Tohno, which Kimijima said he would only get one shot to put him away. There also was the whole understanding the purpose of each execution- receiving all results in paralysis. There was also the twist of how not only Kite made a deal with Kimijima, but Marui did too.

Many good things to say about what I felt was one of the best single chapters in a very long time, if not the whole NPOT series.
    Unfortunately, I doubt there will be any action in next month. Most likely Ryoma and Ryoga rally/ chat and the next match is probably introduced, and we all wait until 2013 till we see some actual battling.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the fact that unlike other violent junkie players we've seen in the series, Tohno's techniques are pretty methological. Compared to say, Kirihara's sensless violence.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So did Marui get the #8 Badge?

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearing up a few on the lingering questions:

1) Tohno's No. 9 did not execute as he planned as indicated by Kimijima. Tohno was starting to go all out before he executed No. 9 but was getting tired already. When trying to execute No. 9 he lost his grip and that injured Marui. He just kinda accepts it as an accident of good fortune for him.

2) Kite probably can't return those shots, he tells Marui to get to the back court so that he'll be the target of them instead of Marui as attonement for having attacked Marui earlier.

3) The badge dropped by Marui's feet, but we don't know if he's the new No. 8 or not. It's only slightly hinted that he might be.

Also, I really enjoyed this as one long chapter rather than a bunch of short ones.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Both of the Chinese version has Byodouin saying 'this isn't over' (regarding Tohno) so I don't think the badge is settled yet.

I don't really see either Marui or Kite belonging on the G10 anyway. It's pretty much out of their league. That match might as well be Tohno 1on3.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FuRinKaZan's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Tohno will have his revenge of Kimijima, to make a spot for a Ms. (Maybe injuring him with his executions.)

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast