Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 90 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 90 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    What, Kite, really? Kite hit his own coach with a ball. And his team hit a ball to an old man.

Akutsu is not THE jerk. He always show a kinder side to him to his lowerclassmen. He's always been the jerk that everyone knows is nice deep inside.
    His coach deserved it, I would have done the same actually.

The old man thing... I don´t agree, but that was his team philosophy, it´s highly pribable that their coach instructed them to act like that.

Akutsu always kind? As a kid he beat the crap out of anyone, at the prefecturals he almost killed some Fudomine players (and punched Arai, threw stones to Echizen, and destroyed a ¨friend of his in Ginka¨´s face).

Then we only saw him cheering for Taka (his only friend), and Echizen (just because he´s the one that beat him), and being good with Dan (I don´t know really why, he loves his fanboys apparently).

Yeah, he has been always a great guy, and he has a great heart (he completely showed it along both series).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure that Akutsu rescued Akaya from bullies once... I can't think of a manga or anime reference though.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Pretty sure that Akutsu rescued Akaya from bullies once... I can't think of a manga or anime reference though.
    It´s an OVA (the one I never watched :/ )

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    It´s an OVA (the one I never watched :/ )
    It's not an OVA.
    It's in a DVD Pair Puri done by the anime company that did the Nationals.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Konomi has already told us who's playing these matches. It's all the players who appeared on that two-page spread before the matches.
    That is only 8 people.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    His coach deserved it, I would have done the same actually.

The old man thing... I don´t agree, but that was his team philosophy, it´s highly pribable that their coach instructed them to act like that.

Akutsu always kind? As a kid he beat the crap out of anyone, at the prefecturals he almost killed some Fudomine players (and punched Arai, threw stones to Echizen, and destroyed a ¨friend of his in Ginka¨´s face).

Then we only saw him cheering for Taka (his only friend), and Echizen (just because he´s the one that beat him), and being good with Dan (I don´t know really why, he loves his fanboys apparently).

Yeah, he has been always a great guy, and he has a great heart (he completely showed it along both series).
    There's "character development". All the bad things you mention him is toward his initial appearance at the beginning of 1st series. All him "being nice" is the end of 1st series AND 2nd series.

It shows he's getting better. He keep some of his old personality, yes. But if Konomi change that, it'll be a different character. And I think the facts that Akutsu gradually shown to get better bits by bits is a lot better how Kite is shown. I wish Kite would have gone though with the betrayal. But of course he wouldn't, since MS is the "main characters" now. And main characters will be nice, or at least nicer.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Hardy I agree with Ken that it's hard to say Akutsu is significantly more of a jerk than Kite. Something that Konomi recognizes as he chose them to be in Pair Puri 7 8 with the title being "Dark".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to agree with Hardy on this one, boys.

Kite is a jerk, but Akutsu is an asshole. I think Kite tries too hard to be what Akutsu naturally is. Kite does not in every encounter with another person, react with some sort of slur. Akutsu does. He is ALWAYS getting into some fight, whereas Kite is able to keep his cool and pick and choose which battles he participates in. Akutsu doesn't think. He acts and reacts. With anger. That's a major difference as far as personality is concerned.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post

Kite is a jerk, but Akutsu is an asshole. I think Kite tries too hard to be what Akutsu naturally is. Kite does not in every encounter with another person, react with some sort of slur. Akutsu does. He is ALWAYS getting into some fight, whereas Kite is able to keep his cool and pick and choose which battles he participates in. Akutsu doesn't think. He acts and reacts. With anger. That's a major difference as far as personality is concerned.
    In a way, Akutsu does pick his batttes. Up until this point, with the possible and very likely exception of Oni, every person Akutsu's gotten fresh with he was capable of beating. Remember, being invincible was the way he was brought up. He's able to act the way he does because he knows he can put the other person in their place, and he's been doing it since he was what, 10-years-old?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

In a way, Akutsu does pick his batttes. Up until this point, with the possible and very likely exception of Oni, every person Akutsu's gotten fresh with he was capable of beating.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And how do we know he can't beat Ohmagari? This was post-training, after all. And besides, by default all the middle schoolers are going to be stronger than the high schoolers, otherwise they wouldn't have been admitted into the U-17 in the first place. I think you're forgetting that it was stated that it was only this year that the middle schoolers were invited, because they were so damn good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post

I call that hot-head. A hot-head person, to me, doesn't necessary means jerk. I know some friends who are rather quick to pick fight with other people, but I'll call them a nice person.

@Hardy, they'll probably fight. And I predict that Akutsu is going to win that match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Akutsu did that to Ohmagari whether or not he thinks he can beat them.
    It's coz he was ordering around. In fact, Shin Prince of Tennis we have seen a new Akutsu.

Oni started shit with Akutsu by barging him, Akutsu only stood up for himself by retaliating rudely.
    Ohmagari started shit with Akutsu by ordering him around, Akutsu only retaliated angrily.
    Akutsu hasn't really started fights. Ohmagari and Oni started the fights really.

So both Kite and Akutsu start fights. Kite however, uses his head much more, but is still a violent jerk.
    Here's Kite being a little provoked, .

In fact, Kite picked a fight sort of with Tohno by deflecting his Execution Method 13 at Mouri.
    I think Kite is just as much of a jerk, as the rest of Higa even state how he can be ruthless and always has been.
    Akutsu changed as somebody who used to be aggressive to everybody but is kind of a nice dude.

Konomi even went and softened him by having him chill with Dan Taichi.

And excepting the good luck charm lol.

I'm just not so sure it's clear cut that Akutsu is the biggest asshole anymore.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I call that hot-head. A hot-head person, to me, doesn't necessary means jerk. I know some friends who are rather quick to pick fight with other people, but I'll call them a nice person.

@Hardy, they'll probably fight. And I predict that Akutsu is going to win that match.
    Kaidoh is a hot-head, and he's not a jerk like Akutsu.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

And how do we know he can't beat Ohmagari? This was post-training, after all.
    Apparently he didnt'beat him. The other part of your post was completely irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I don't think Akutsu did that to Ohmagari whether or not he thinks he can beat them.
    It's coz he was ordering around. In fact, Shin Prince of Tennis we have seen a new Akutsu.

Oni started shit with Akutsu by barging him, Akutsu only stood up for himself by retaliating rudely.
    Ohmagari started shit with Akutsu by ordering him around, Akutsu only retaliated angrily.
    Akutsu hasn't really started fights. Ohmagari and Oni started the fights really.

So both Kite and Akutsu start fights. Kite however, uses his head much more, but is still a violent jerk.
    Here's Kite being a little provoked, .

In fact, Kite picked a fight sort of with Tohno by deflecting his Execution Method 13 at Mouri.
    I think Kite is just as much of a jerk, as the rest of Higa even state how he can be ruthless and always has been.
    Akutsu changed as somebody who used to be aggressive to everybody but is kind of a nice dude.

Konomi even went and softened him by having him chill with Dan Taichi.

And excepting the good luck charm lol.

I'm just not so sure it's clear cut that Akutsu is the biggest asshole anymore.
    I can agree that he has been "softened", but I still don't think that he's rational enough to play doubles. I don't deny that Kite is also a jerk, but he knows how to control himself.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the partner as well. You can't seriously tell me that Devil Akaya is rational for example, but since Yanagi controlled him, he was able to play doubles just fine.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast