Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 90 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 90 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    It depends on the partner as well. You can't seriously tell me that Devil Akaya is rational for example, but since Yanagi controlled him, he was able to play doubles just fine.
    Who would be Akutsu's partner? Dan!? Taka has already played...

SENGOKU?! That would be cool

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Who would be Akutsu's partner? Dan!? Taka has already played...

SENGOKU?! That would be cool
    My guy, Kite and Marui made a doubles pair. Expectations, we don't do that here anymore. Akutsu could partner up with Sakuno for all we know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaidoh is a hot-head, and he's not a jerk like Akutsu.

I can agree that he has been "softened", but I still don't think that he's rational enough to play doubles. I don't deny that Kite is also a jerk, but he knows how to control himself.
    You only add more to my argument as to why being hothead isn't the same as being a jerk.

And you agree that he's soften. It just means that it wouldn't a stretch AT all to see him soften a bit more and be in doubles.

We saw one match from him. He never had much chances to be nicer.

Look at Niou, he hit Kikumaru in the eyes on purpose on his 1st match. And look at his last match. Characters develop if Konomi want them to. If Konomi wants to draw Akutsu in doubles, he will.

And no, you don't need to be rational to be play doubles. Akutsu can tag with Kirihara for all I care.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would be Akutsu's partner? Dan!?
    Lmao I forgot that guy is even alive in SPoT.
    Is he even in the U-17 Camp? I would have liked his commentary along with Urayama Shiita's as a nice contrast to the annoying Seigaku freshman trio and Sakuno's friend.
    We've had a lack of classic PoT commentary from other characters while the match goes on in SPoT too.
    We have Inui, Yanagi, Chitose, Mizuki, Kawamura, Oishi, Shiraishi, Yukimura, Sanada and Fuji who are all guys I remember as people who liked throwing down their opinion in matches all the time and explaining things. Miss that.

I'm glad Konomi brought back the classic PoT flashbacks in Kite/Marui VS Kimijima/Tohno.

I think if Akutsu plays against the likely Oni/Ohmagari pair, his partner will be: Tachibana or Shiraishi or Fuji or Kaidoh or Tanishi.
    They're the guys from that page though I'd hate Tanishi to appear.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...I'm thinking Akutsu will be with either Tachibana or Shiraishi. Here are my thoughts on both pairs.

Akutsu/Tachibana | "The Raging Lions"

Out of Shiraishi and Tachibana, Akutsu actually has a relationship with Tachibana. They have encountered one another ever since the Kantou regionals. Akutsu instigating a car crash between members of Fudoumine did not put him in a positive light for Tachibana. However, despite this, Tachibana acknowledges Akutsu's skills on the court.

These two people express something mutual on the court. Intensity. They are both adrenaline junkies with the fierce court presence of a lion. Both people are intimidating because of it. If paired together, they may have the capability to steamroll anybody who gets in their way.

Akutsu/Shiraishi | "The Flawless Ones"

Akutsu has no direct relationship with Shiraishi. However, this unlikely pair could have great chemistry. Shiraishi may have an ability to tame any player. If that's the case, Shiraishi's doubles ability gives Akutsu the ability to become a compliant doubles partner (like Kirihara).

These two people express something mutual on the court. Flawlessness. Shiraishi's bible tennis makes him perfect. Akutsu's naturally athletic body and skill makes him perfect. There is absolutely no flaw within their game.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ganonslayer101's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Niou Also already played with Oishi and then Played Again so Maybe Taka will do the same, since it seems like he'd be the only reasonable person that Akutsu wouldn't just waste them for missing a ball.

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8