Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Magi 162 Discussions

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 162 Discussions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 162 Spoiler Thread

I found the chapter 162 scanlated to chinese. At least we can imagine a bit : http://manhua.2ecy.com/manhua/9776/191132_1.html

Moderator message by: Doraku
    New chapter by Sense-Scans is out guys
    Last edited by Doraku; November 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 163 Spoiler Thread

Humans just pets, young magicians dying for life shortspan hence a bastard ordering to overdoing it, old man knows everything and discriminating woman, new classes.

Yeah... tension is rising, great chapter.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 162 Discussions/163 Predictions

GREAT GREAT Chapter!!!

Finally, the true color of the Chancellor is revealed!!! or just a glimpse of his dark side, maybe?...

Now I can hypothesize that the "Transformation" meant in the previous chapter is the changes happening to the students of Magnoshuttat, esp. Titus and Sphintus. They began to "transform" and believe in the Chancellor's words and principles, thus they began to think that the Chancellor's deeds are right.

BTW, Aladdin said to Titus that the Chancellor knew about him and Yamuraiha, does that mean he also knew that Aladdin is a Magi?

I can feel the tension building up in the current arc! I can't help but to be fascinated by Aladdin's serious look, he is STILL TOO CUTE!

on those cards, I might prefer Djinn Reasearch and Rukh Alteration, and Aberrant Magic Application

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So many interesting topics on the last page...
    I think I would also prefer Djinn Research and Rukh Alteration.

This chapter reinforced my opinion on Mogamett, and how he's doing wrong. He just gave up on the Goi and wants to create a World for Magicians.
    Interesting that he still has white rukh.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions", like they say.

Also very interesting seeing the "Transformation" of the students.
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; November 14, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. No wonder Mogamett didn't have a problem with the little girl going outside the 5th District--he doesn't think of her as a human anymore. And ain't it the truth with real life? There will always be people who find themselves superior to others, even to the point of discrediting them as human beings. But, I still find the idea of creating a "magician's country" more interesting than the justification for it. I hope Aladdin can come to a conclusion that doesn't entirely discredit the idea.

!
    Quote Originally Posted by HaiSuShi View Post
    This chapter reinforced my opinion on Mogamett, and how he's doing wrong. He just gave up on the Goi and wants to create a World for Magicians.
    Interesting that he still has white rukh.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions", like they say.
    Exactly.

I think I died of cuteness from Marga and Titus this chapter. I really hope there isn't some kind of tragic foreshadowing how happy she looked, it would be too cruel to think about. I know people die in Magi, but someone like Marga...its just too much.

As for which topics Aladdin should choose, I think the mangaka is showing them to us only to have some kind of obstacle preventing Aladdin from getting what he wants. I think we all want him to do Rukh Alteration, but that might be too easy. In my university, we sign up for classes online at a very specific time, and usually within the first 5 minutes the classes that you really want get filled up, leaving you to make decisions on the fly. I think Aladdin will take something really random, like Magic Item Alchemy, or Military Strategy. He could even end up doing something like Teleportation. The food one is also interesting because a magician's country will need some kind of advantage to keeping their population well fed.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    GREAT GREAT Chapter!!!

Finally, the true color of the Chancellor is revealed!!! or just a glimpse of his dark side, maybe?...
    I don't know why you guys searching for evil in him so much... card already been uncovered He just rejecting non-magic people because of what they did to him and his follow magicians. So i would say his evil as evil are radical politics, but not some kind of ultimate evil and non-magic people are not without sins either. As you look on story he told, the situation has been put up side down, if Chancellor would be defeated non-magic people would create new royalty would be created and magicians would and up being servants again.Also if you look on Danya side of this story, it's same but in opposite view, she was not evil but broken due past and conflict in this country, same as Chancellor is now,.

I think goal here is to teach those people live together in equal terms , but as real world examples of similar situations it's very hard to do
    Last edited by Shadowriver; November 15, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well isn't this an interesting view on us humans as well? I thought the comparison was quite fitting: "This man already sees the Goi as animals".

It's not really different to how most people see animals. If they are useful (emotionally or because of food) we take care of them but our respect towards them is really low - because we think of us as far superior to animals. Not saying that everyone thinks that way but hey, people slaughter animals or burn/destroy their living place for money/fame or because it makes life more comfortable for us.
    In the end that's not really that different as to what view Mogamett has on non-magicians, in the end it all comes down to this extreme feeling of superiority.
    Do we see us as evil because we kill countless animals? We believe it has a meaning because we do it to have a better life for our own kind.
    So in the end I could very much imagine this being Shinobu's message towards us.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, anybody wondering how would Aladdin change the mindset of Mogamett? (or not). If I were a magician, somehow I could justify some of his extreme point of views even though I'd oppose the treatment of Goi as a "livestock". I understand that some people may think that Mogamett's opinions are crazy, but judging from his hurtful past experience, I think it's very reasonable for him to create a Magicians Country.

The last page made me curious as well on what courses are Aladdin going to choose?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the magicians have to do is contribute their magoi so people in the 5th district dont die and spruce the place up a bit. Problem solved.
    Allidan will take rukh alteration maybe...? Whens next chapter XD
    Devour this Manga

New Reply