Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crocodile

53 80.30%
  • Rob Lucci

13 19.70%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First Round! 34] Crocodile vs Rob Lucci

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round! 34] Crocodile vs Rob Lucci

Quote Originally Posted by damane08 View Post
    Your entire argument here is that Lucci might know Crocodile's weakness or he might figure it out and if he does, there might be water around for him to use to win the fight. That's pretty much what you're saying isn't it? Got it.
    Most of the character tournaments is settled around the "mights" since information is often lacking. I'm talking here based on what we know. Either of those guys could win, I said that right away. I happen to think that Lucci would win (and not easilly, mind you) and i think I argumented it well enough for even an idiot to understand. You, on the other hand, are just being a dick meanie. Thnx for your insights, anyway.
    Last edited by Razh; November 08, 2012 at 11:21 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uh!!! what a fight!!! I've been thinking of it for years! imo crocodile is stronger: without haki lucci can't hurt a rogia,and I doubt that with his blood he can actually defeat him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what the debate is.. Based on what we know this isn't even a fight. Croc. wins.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I'm not sure what the debate is.. Based on what we know this isn't even a fight. Croc. wins.
    Enlighten me please. This isn't even a fight? I'm not really sure what could make a person write such a statement. Or am I suffering from some kind of advanced dementia?

Don't get me wrong. I don't care who wins. Might seem like that, but thats because I really get into interesting discussions. Spewing out claims with no backing is easy. If everyone did that, this whole tournament would be boring as shit.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Both men have flaunted their abilities at various stages of this manga and what's clear is that they could both kill each other, in one way or another.

Thinking through their mental states:

Crocodile was an up and coming hot shot and was stomped on by WB. This left serious emotional baggage through the rest of his life, where he lived in denial of it, trying to cover it all up with a coating of mafia badassness. Having left the past behind he moved onto bigger and better things. With his confidence in one hand and his DF in the other, he faced off against Luffy as if he were little more than an annoying bug. Crocodile taunted his victims, made them feel pain and left them to die in horrible ways. His arrogance was beyond anything (having forgotten his shame of defeat against WD). In round 3 vs Luffy he was taken by several shocking events of Luffy's undying resistance, will and resolve to win. Having nowhere to run to he succumbed to fear and was left helpless against a raging Luffy. Since then, his time in ID let to his acceptance of defeat. He was able to remember his life as it was and when the opportunity came, his resolve to redeem himself and fight once more came to life. Even in the face of Luffy, he felt acceptance and never once challenged him or had any animosity towards him over the passed. His head held mid high, with clearer sights on life, he wasn't going to be a guy to lose again so easily. He has learnt the humility of defeat and moved on from it. He knows his weakness, he always has and now he is even more deadly than ever. He won't be making the same mistakes twice. He is smart and devious and will do anything to win.

Rob Lucci... I feel less passion for him, and we all know a lot about him. Kid with issues brought up under the wing of the government as a killing machine with no regard for anyone's life. Militant and extreme until his epic bout with Luffy. What did he learn? Perhaps the government wasn't so good. Maybe not all pirates are bad. Maybe he learn't something about humanity and compassion. Maybe he got soft? Or did this make him even stronger? Either way, he had no weakness. He was simply matched and beaten strength for strength. Whether he took some time out with the rest of the gang to help others, do some good and find peace or trained the hell hard to get stronger is unclear. I like to think the former.

The way I see this fight is a square off at the start. Both go in heavy and full on. Lucci probably knows Crocodiles weakness.. hell if he can do anything about it off the starting line. Crocodile knows Lucci probably knows his weakness. (Hell, Crocodile can assume everyone knows his weakness.) Regardless they attack. Crocodile gets some contact with Lucci and drains him of bodily fluids. Lucci in a reduced state is left struggling to find footing. Crocodile toys with him until seen fit. Poisons him and leaves him to die... scratch that... he sends him to Davy Jones. No survivors.
    Last edited by scott1uk; November 08, 2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Computer crash forced me to post before finishing!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3