Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

140 68.97%
  • Law

51 25.12%
  • Zoro

21 10.34%
  • Sanji

8 3.94%
  • Vergo

4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Quote Originally Posted by MaZa View Post
    i want badly to be luffy but it will be law
    as we know DD has the ability to manipulate but law inside his room is a god so he might not be affected
    dont know if im accurate just a guess
    Luffy always fights the arc villain. Doflamingo is the arc villain, so Luffy will beat him. It doesn't mean anything that Law and Dofla have history. Jinbe had history with Hodi Jones. Fishman Island is Jinbe's home, he was a member of Fisher Tiger's Crew, and his successor as Sun Pirates Captain. Arlong had been Jinbe's subordinate. Jinbe had been an admirer of Otohime, whom Hodi killed. Jinbe was much stronger than Hodi, and would have defeated him as easily as Luffy did. But Luffy still was the one who fought Hodi, and defeated him. The same thing happens during almost every arc. Luffy fought Don Kreig, not Sanji. Luffy fought Arlong, not Nami. Luffy fought Crocodile, not Vivi. Luffy fought Rob Lucci, not Robi. Luffy beat Gekko Moriah, instead of Brook. Doflamingo will be the same. There is always someone else with a reason to fight the arc villain, and Luffy always fights and wins for them.

Doflamingo probably still holds some sway over Law's past. Until Dofla is defeated, Law can not be truly "free". By defeating Doflamingo, Luffy will help Law come to grips with his past (like Nami at Arlong Park, or Robin at Enes Lobby), transforming their alliance from a business arrangement into a true friendship. Luffy winning will also allow him to forge an alliance with Dressrosa, who I think will decide to fly his Jolly Roger. The truth about Dressrosa's tragic history will be revealed soon. By defeating Doflamingo, Luffy will become their liberator (like Alabasta, Fishman Island, and pretty much every other island he visits).
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My bet goes for Law because he is more connected to him than luffy and it would be suprising if law this time takes on the main villian in the arc
    or maybe Law and Luffy together who said it haves to be one on one fight :P

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy always cleans out the annoying bad guys. I don't think Oda will ever change this concept. And DD is the strongest dude around. It's only natural for Luffy to be his opponent. :P

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'd be an interesting twist if Kaidou just came in and stomped DD while he is in the middle of fighting both Law and Luffy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as how it looks like Doflamingo has Law on the ropes, it appears that it'll fall to Luffy once he finishes fighting in that tournament.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A c e's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Law will figure out how to defeat Doflomingo. Like maybe cutting his strings or switching dofla and fijitora's brains.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy fights Burgess in the tournament then I'd say either Law or Zoro, otherwise I'd say Luffy of course. However Fujitora is still hanging around hence it's really hard to finish off DD without fighting Fujitora thus I'll say Zoro vs Fujitora and Law vs DD. In the current situation no one has the strength to win against both Fujitora + DD and even Luffy is still too weak to be able do this miracle not to mention the CP0 is still around the area.
    Last edited by MBVC; August 30, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who says Luffy can't defeat Burgess and Doflamingo? Fighting Burgess first would be a great way to power up before fighting Doflamingo. Still, for all we know, Burgess won't lose to Luffy but rather someone who might join the Straw Hats. Besides, Luffy needs to bounty increase that'll come with defeating Doflamingo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Burgess is really strong...in ece fight. He pick up a hause and send it to him..think how strong he is now.....a good opponent to dofla....someone who can beat him...since dofla like to slice stuff...hes best opponent will be zoro...cause it luffy suppose to beat everyone who is strong...don/burgess/cavedis/barto...they all look like they can get beat by luffy....if zoro beat dofla. They will put zoro in the big league were law/luffy stand... Im just saying...that will be the best change to see zorogo all out
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Law will defeat Doflamingo, because of their history together. The fact that Law has his own crew, and the whole point of the Supernova's were to get a large group of pirates who were supposed to be close to luffy's level, in terms of skill or threat. I think this would definitely make Law stand out amongst them, I actually want luffy to lose against Jesus Burgess, he could later fight someone Diamante or someone, who knows.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard. Going completely in the left field with my suggestion here. lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

blackbeard, since im sure he wants to take the opportunity to weaken kaido as well--which he can do by killing kaido's man-made df supplier. Plus, it strange how oda brougth burgess to the picture and made chinjao mention blackbeard. I think luffy will get the mera mera fruit and burgess will try to take it from him and end up getting destroyed by luffy.

My problem is that luffy needs to have his bounty go up--which usually only happens when he takes down a warlord or messes with the WG. So he will either have to defeat DD or fight on par with fujitora. I think luffys ability can absorb fujitora's attacks and im sure zoro or sanji can take the vice-admiral so their bounties will go up.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I think Law will defeat Doflamingo, because of their history together. The fact that Law has his own crew, and the whole point of the Supernova's were to get a large group of pirates who were supposed to be close to luffy's level, in terms of skill or threat. I think this would definitely make Law stand out amongst them, I actually want luffy to lose against Jesus Burgess, he could later fight someone Diamante or someone, who knows.
    Do we have to go through that debate again? History doesn't mean anything. Besides, Law's bounty is currently higher than Luffy's. Luffy needs the increase more.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

What Luffy truly needs is more power not bounty, look at how Kizaru beat the crap out of the 300M great pirate man, and please don't tell me because they had several fights with some PX machines therefor they were weak before Kizaru stepped in, even if they had full strength, Kizaru was still able to kill off all of them period.

BB doesn't count because he isn't on the island, unless Burgess is worthless than a cheap rag doll, otherwise Luffy doesn't have any strength left after the fight, a way to power up before fighting DD is a misleading, Luffy lost all his strength after he won against Lucci, even even a weakest captain could finish him off right there.

If anyone of you still want Luffy's bounty increase then there is a good way to do that without the hard fighting around. The plan is Luffy orders Sanji to come up with an evil plan which involves in kidnapping several world nobles then strips all their clothes and posts them on YTube or Snail-Tube ; this will make sure Luffy's bounty shoots pass 1B or at least they or their relatives are willing to pay 1B for Luffy's head, after all that fat dude had more than 500M for a mermaid therefore he and his relatives are sure to have more than 1B spending for their revenges on their prides .
    Last edited by MBVC; August 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

If Doflamingo gets beaten this arc, I want it to be Zoro, I want to see my fav char shine!
    The three brothers

New Reply
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast