Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

140 68.97%
  • Law

51 25.12%
  • Zoro

21 10.34%
  • Sanji

8 3.94%
  • Vergo

4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

As long as Fujitora stays on the island, nobody fights DD period. Law lost is obvious because no one on the island can fight DD + Fujitora at the same time. Besides, if Luffy level is around Jozu then he really has hard time fighting DD like he won't have any strength left just for walking. Currently, if Luffy wants to take back the df then he'll have to beat both Burgess and Diamante, not to mention the other 2 (Trebol & Pica) haven't shown yet.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It doesn't really matter who knows. He knows he's untouchable, and acts accordingly. If someone attacked him, he always has the options of calling on the World Government. Dressrosa arc is a perfect example. Law did not know he was a Tenryuubito when he threatened Doflamingo. Rather than submit to Law, Doflamingo used his connections to create a false news report, summon CP0, and set his own trap for Law. He can do whatever he wants, without having to worry about retaliation.
    It does matter because if no one knows he's Tenryuubito, then he's not untouchable. Did Doflamingo use his Tenryuubito connections or connections as the one of the powers of the underworld? There's a big difference in both. If it's the latter, then Doflamingo wouldn't have any immunity.

Quote Quote:
    How often are there 2 on 1 fights in One Piece? It's pretty rare. It's not like Law has to fight Doflamingo because they have history together. None of the other characters fought alongside Luffy in similar circumstances. He fought for them, even for the strong ones, proving his friendship. Jinbe was more than strong enough to defeat Hodi Jones, and had more reason than Luffy to fight him. But Luffy fought Hodi, alone, for the sake of his friend. Same can be said about virtually every character.
    Main reason why I think it could be 2-on-1 fight though, is because of Doflamingo's power.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Two on one fights are lame after the whole sabody incident besides allies I don't want to see two on one battles especially in luffys crew via monster trio. Don't think we'll see any version of that except for certain circumstances via yonkou. If Luffy can't handle this situation with flamingo then Oda would've never introduced him as this arcs villain. I just can't wait until Luffy does what he always does and shuts everyone up. I love his surprises. More so I can't wait until they truly meet face to face. I've been waiting since sabody. To me flamingo is the first strong opponent who wanted to become pirate king like Luffy. In paradise there were very few especially the strong. But for someone like flamingo to have that as his dream is very interesting. They will clash that much I'm certain.

I'm wondering why law doesn't have kings haki I mean he should I would think. Maybe it hasn't been mentioned or he's hiding it. His fruit is hack anyway so I would hope he doesn't.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah in 10-20 chapters I hope Luffy will take that smile away from DDs face..
    A classic "Shut up"-punch when DD is talking 'bout something that Robin-Chan finds more intresting

It makes more sence if he brings down DD, but it make no sense that Law havent told them anything about DDs subordinates since he knew them. Why did Wicca have to tell 1/9 and its not the brightest ^^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, a 2 on 1 is not something I want to see from Luffy. He isn't the type of person to turn down a fair fight, mano a mano. Would he truly feel like the Pirate King if he isn't strong enough to defeat anyone in his path alone? People have been talking about match ups and how Flamingo's powers are too difficult for Luffy. I think that idea is preposterous.

If that's how things go in One Piece then Luffy might as well give up on fighting ANY of the Admirals or even the Yonkou. 2vs1 is more of a Naruto thing.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

All right, let's settle is argument one and for all. Does anyone think Luffy will fight DD by ch 750? The best situation is that Fujitora leaves the island and brings Law with him back to the marine HQ. After knowing Law being captured, Luffy abandons the tournament to save Law because of his debt to Law, hence he faces DD coming back from the island. Here we'll have a full all out battle between DD and the SH. After defeating DD, Luffy trades DD for Law with whoever on the other side of the WG. In this case Burgess walks out with Ace's df hence there is no SH vs Yonkou BB in near future.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    All right, let's settle is argument one and for all. Does anyone think Luffy will fight DD by ch 750? The best situation is that Fujitora leaves the island and brings Law with him back to the marine HQ. After knowing Law being captured, Luffy abandons the tournament to save Law because of his debt to Law, hence he faces DD coming back from the island. Here we'll have a full all out battle between DD and the SH. After defeating DD, Luffy trades DD for Law with whoever on the other side of the WG. In this case Burgess walks out with Ace's df hence there is no SH vs Yonkou BB in near future.
    Ok seriously now you think that DF is gonna lose so damn easy like he is a weakling? Even croco-boy had 2 good opportunities to kill luffy.
    Luffy only managed to get alive from these 2 situations because of luck and because he is the main protagonist of the anime if he had died there the manga would have to end there so plz dont say so easy that Df is gonna lose so easy because he is the 2nd strongest shichibukai after mihawk he is also unaware of DF devil fruit power so he cant possible know how to fight agaist him not without fighting him at least one time and barely escape from the fight. One thing why everyone is caliing Don flamingo DD and not Df? It doesnt make any sense.
    Last edited by Don Chinjao; September 29, 2013 at 02:10 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^ DF can easily get mixed up with DF = devil fruit. And DD = Donquixote Doflamingo sama.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chinjao View Post
    Ok seriously now you think that DF is gonna lose so damn easy like he is a weakling? Even croco-boy had 2 good opportunities to kill luffy.
    Luffy only managed to get alive from these 2 situations because of luck and because he is the main protagonist of the anime if he had died there the manga would have to end there so plz dont say so easy that Df is gonna lose so easy because he is the 2nd strongest shichibukai after mihawk he is also unaware of DF devil fruit power so he cant possible know how to fight agaist him not without fighting him at least one time and barely escape from the fight. One thing why everyone is caliing Don flamingo DD and not Df? It doesnt make any sense.

This is just a summary of my speculation, the process can be dragged out more than 50 chapters. If Luffy fights DD then it's about time he has to defeat DD but this can take more than 20 chapters. By using a big assumption that the whole thing starts in chapter 750, then this arc will end in chapter 799 or 800. This means we have to wait til next year in order to know the entire result. The big war with any Yonkou (either Kaidou or Big Mam) will probably take another 2-3 years more after SH reaches Wano country.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this arc is looking to be a bigger doozy than the Enies Lobby arc so of course it would be a long one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After that flashback, it looks like the one who takes down Doflamingo will have to be pretty strong. I'm still pulling for Luffy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    After that flashback, it looks like the one who takes down Doflamingo will have to be pretty strong. I'm still pulling for Luffy.
    yes, because if law won against Doffy this entire arc would be over so obviously Luffy will kick doffys behind right after owning diamante. IT will be Epic! The world one piece world will be shaken up once again by mugiwara no ruffy!

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    yes, because if law won against Doffy this entire arc would be over so obviously Luffy will kick doffys behind right after owning diamante. IT will be Epic! The world one piece world will be shaken up once again by mugiwara no ruffy!
    While there's a good chance that Luffy will fight Burgess, how do we know Rebecca won't be the one beat Diamante. I mean, new Straw Hat members usually fight one of the powerful minions and Luffy will need to save his strength for Doflamingo. Still you're right that this will cause a major shake up in the world. Not only is Doflamingo the most powerful known Warlord, but he's got major connections everywhere so his defeat will cause a major shift in the balance of power in the world. No doubt about it, this will be the biggest SH incident yet.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    While there's a good chance that Luffy will fight Burgess, how do we know Rebecca won't be the one beat Diamante. I mean, new Straw Hat members usually fight one of the powerful minions and Luffy will need to save his strength for Doflamingo. Still you're right that this will cause a major shake up in the world. Not only is Doflamingo the most powerful known Warlord, but he's got major connections everywhere so his defeat will cause a major shift in the balance of power in the world. No doubt about it, this will be the biggest SH incident yet.
    Really? Did you really just suggest that rebecca would be potentially beat diamante? Wow... Rebecca won't do anything against that guy, considering the fact that even Doffy acknowledges that diamante is a genius in fighting.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Really? Did you really just suggest that rebecca would be potentially beat diamante? Wow... Rebecca won't do anything against that guy, considering the fact that even Doffy acknowledges that diamante is a genius in fighting.
    Hehehehheheheh thats funny i doubt that rebecca is capable of beating someone as bellamy diamante is like an ant alone trying to fight against an elephant.

New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast