Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

140 68.97%
  • Law

51 25.12%
  • Zoro

21 10.34%
  • Sanji

8 3.94%
  • Vergo

4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Vivi had more history with Croc than Luffy, both Ganfall and Viper had more history, Lola and her crew had more history, the entire FI including Jinbe had more history, in the end it was always Luffy who beat the main opponent in an arc
    Yes, but that doesn't have to be a rule for ever. And the logic of the battles are different in the NW, since to have allies seems to be required to be able to survive. That and the fact that we ignore what will be the role of Doflamingo in the next arc, make the thing unpredictable.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't have to be a rule for ever. And the logic of the battles are different in the NW, since to have allies seems to be required to be able to survive. That and the fact that we ignore what will be the role of Doflamingo in the next arc, make the thing unpredictable.
    Of course, that could change with this arc but i just wanted to show that "having personal history" is not a sufficient enough reason to let Law beat DD.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Of course, that could change with this arc but i just wanted to show that "having personal history" is not a sufficient enough reason to let Law beat DD.
    What would let Law beat Doflamingo is the fact that he has an ability level comparable to Luffy. The others seeking vengeance against Croc, Enel, and Moria simply lacked any chance of winning whatsoever. That is probably the most important differentiation between these situations. But, who knows? The longer Law sticks around, the better.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking about Dofla and Law, something that Oda owe to us is the flashback of their common past. in terms of a good plot development, that's a reason why I think Dofla will escape safely from his current situation with Aokiji in PH: it has to be more of Dofla, so that that flashback can be told.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is another factor that can work for Luffy being the one to beat Doflamingo. Remember what Monet said about Doflamigo becoming King of the Pirates? I don't think Luffy could stand for the idea of that guy become King of the Pirates. Remember his reaction to when Hody said that?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    What would let Law beat Doflamingo is the fact that he has an ability level comparable to Luffy. The others seeking vengeance against Croc, Enel, and Moria simply lacked any chance of winning whatsoever. That is probably the most important differentiation between these situations. But, who knows? The longer Law sticks around, the better.
    Really? Luffy beat Enel unconscious, Viper pretty much killed Enel for a few moments

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GotTheInsight's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i didnt read all the posts here. As for who is going to beat him its hard to tell from here on out. As someone already stated we definately need more background story on dofla-law connection. First let me tell you that i personally think that law wanted dofla to resign his position so he can help them defeat kaidou. With ceasar in their hand they are definately going to weaken kaidous forces, and as dofla himself wants to be the pirate king what better opportunity can there be as it is now. Kaidou is severly weakened and will have lost his most important trade partner, if dofla would join forces with the alliance. Of course its not going to be that easy to convince him, dofla wont just agree to that terms, especially as it would mean he wouldnt pull the "strings", but be on the same terms as the strawhats and the heart pirates (and it would be a 3 crew alliance like apoo, hawkins and kidd have). So they will have to convince him by fighting him. A bit like franky and luffy vs lucci. Dofla will definately set his eyes on law, as he left his crew long ago, defeating him first but underestimating luffy so that he can give him the finishing blow. as for the defeating part it would be both of them, ok luffy would deal the finishing blown but they bot would have defeated him. Cheers
    Sometimes violence is the only way to get the message across!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, now that the scuffle between Doflamingo and Aokiji has passed, the way is open for either Law or Luffy to bring him down.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be Oda obviously. And he is gonna do it with nothing else more than his drawing pen xD

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I'm curious about. Since we now know that Doflamingo is among those with Conqueror's Haki, and alot of signs point to Luffy fighting him. it does bring up an interesting question: What happens when two people with Conqueror's Haki clash? We've never seen that before so there's no telling what could happen. And before some of you mention the clash between Whitebeard and Shanks, that was CoA.
    Last edited by EddyBob15; February 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Law will cut Doflamingo into little pieces but then he'll put himself back together using string.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    One thing I'm curious about. Since we now know that Doflamingo is among those with Conqueror's Haki, and alot of signs point to Luffy fighting him. it does bring up an interesting question: What happens when two people with Conqueror's Haki clash? We've never seen that before so there's no telling what could happen. And before some of you mention the clash between Whitebeard and Shanks, that was CoA.
    That's a good question, and something I think will be an important part of the fight. It would be a good opportunity to find out more about CoC. My guess is that proper use of CoC will be the key to defeating Kaido, once we get to that point. Luffy will learn how to use CoC in a one on one fight against Doflamingo, preparing him to fight even stronger enemies, the Yonkou and Admiral. Something needs to bridge the gap in power. Considering it's rarity, it is believable that high level use of conqueror's haki would be that bridge.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, I just thought of something. Since Luffy has been a roll of curbstomping his opponents, what if he does the same to Doflamingo?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine a curbstomping. Hodi Jones and Caesar Clown were not exactly Doflamingo. I expect something more along the lines of the Rob Lucci fight. Luffy will have to really push himself to win.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 22, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That's a good question, and something I think will be an important part of the fight. It would be a good opportunity to find out more about CoC. My guess is that proper use of CoC will be the key to defeating Kaido, once we get to that point. Luffy will learn how to use CoC in a one on one fight against Doflamingo, preparing him to fight even stronger enemies, the Yonkou and Admiral. Something needs to bridge the gap in power. Considering it's rarity, it is believable that high level use of conqueror's haki would be that bridge.
    In my opinion Luffy already know how to use CoC in a fight and the only thing left for us is to witness it.I mean Mugiwara just trained for the past two year with someone who knows how to properly use all three types of haki,so i doubt he didn't teach him how to fight with CoC(if it's possible of course).So the real question is which CoC between Doflamingo and Luffy is the strongest(if they get to fight eachother).I personally vote for doflamingo since he has been using CoC for much longer then Luffy which could be a good thing for Luffy since witnessing Joker's CoC could help him to improve is own quicker.I am looking foward to it.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

New Reply
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast