Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

140 68.97%
  • Law

51 25.12%
  • Zoro

21 10.34%
  • Sanji

8 3.94%
  • Vergo

4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Maybe he do, maybe he don't. This will be his first fight with another CoC user though, and a villain who probably will push him to his limit. There was no indication he used CoC against Hodi or Caesar. Even if he knows how to use CoC in a one on one fight, he probably has not yet used it. Who is strongest is kind of immaterial. Doflamingo is the arc villain, he has to lose for the story to move forward. No matter how much stronger he is, he will lose in the end. The question now is how. I think it will be a struggle, one of the more difficult fights in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I can't imagine a curbstomping. Hodi Jones and Caesar Clown were not exactly Doflamingo. I expect something more along the lines of the Rob Lucci fight. Luffy will have to really push himself to win.
    You're probably right. Oda has been hyping up the fight between Doflamingo and Luffy for awhile. Why would he disappoint everyone who have been waiting to see it? It's bound to be as epic as the Rob Lucci fight and earn Luffy a nice big bounty increase. Also, here's a thought. In every fight he's been in, even at Marineford, Doflamingo has come out untarnished. Something tells me that Luffy's the one to break that streak.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    You're probably right. Oda has been hyping up the fight between Doflamingo and Luffy for awhile. Why would he disappoint everyone who have been waiting to see it? It's bound to be as epic as the Rob Lucci fight and earn Luffy a nice big bounty increase. Also, here's a thought. In every fight he's been in, even at Marineford, Doflamingo has come out untarnished. Something tells me that Luffy's the one to break that streak.
    To be fair, he did not really have a huge fight to begin with. Bellamy and his gang were like children to him, he was toying with the VAs in Mariejoa, nobody actually strong has attacked him in Marineford, except maybe Crocodile with whom he had a little skirmish and now Aokiji only attacked him once. I do agree with Kaiten, this fight is probably gonna be similar to the one against Lucci. Luffy has no apparent advantages as of now, unlike against Crocodile or Enel, while DD has one of the most deadly abilities we have seen in OP till now. I am looking forward to it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    To be fair, he did not really have a huge fight to begin with. Bellamy and his gang were like children to him, he was toying with the VAs in Mariejoa, nobody actually strong has attacked him in Marineford, except maybe Crocodile with whom he had a little skirmish and now Aokiji only attacked him once. I do agree with Kaiten, this fight is probably gonna be similar to the one against Lucci. Luffy has no apparent advantages as of now, unlike against Crocodile or Enel, while DD has one of the most deadly abilities we have seen in OP till now. I am looking forward to it.
    Actually, he didn't have an advantage against Crocodile until his second fight, and even then, it took him one more try to beat Crocodile. Speaking of which, have you noticed how Luffy's previous fights were in three rounds each? What if it takes him three times to beat Doflamingo?

---------- Post added February 24, 2013 at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was February 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM ----------

Something else has occurred to me. Luffy's bounty has increased in proportion to how high the current bounties of his enemies were. Since Arlong was the strongest he fought before his first bounty and his was 20 million, Luffy got 30 million. Even though his strength was greater than the frozen bounty of 81 million, Luffy's bounty went up to 100 million after beating Crocodile. Therefore, it stands to reason that after Luffy defeats Doflamingo, his bounty will increase in accordance with what Doflamingo's curren bounty is. However, now that Doflamingo is no longer a Warlord, his bounty will reactivate and no doubt go up. That leaves two question: 1) How high is Doflamingo's bounty now? 2) How high will Luffy's bounty go upon beating him?
    Last edited by EddyBob15; February 23, 2013 at 01:21 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I'm curious about. Since we now know that Doflamingo is among those with Conqueror's Haki, and alot of signs point to Luffy fighting him. it does bring up an interesting question: What happens when two people with Conqueror's Haki clash? We've never seen that before so there's no telling what could happen. And before some of you mention the clash between Whitebeard and Shanks, that was CoA.
    I'm not sure if we'll see CoC do anything though. Doflamingo and Luffy look to be on a too high of a level to be affected by CoC, but I'm assuming CoC only affects those with weak will.

Though it does also make one able to make friends or allies. From the looks of it, Doflamingo has managed to acquire loyal followers thanks to CoC, so maybe that'll play a role? Or Luffy could use his CoC (maybe unconsciously?) to get Doflamingo's people to join him or betray Doflamingo, at least, at a key moment or point.
    Uh, I just thought of something. Since Luffy has been a roll of curbstomping his opponents, what if he does the same to Doflamingo?
    Who has he curbstomped? Caesar in their first fight managed to take down Luffy. Luffy had difficulty taking out Hodi as well. I barely remember any of his boss fights being curbstomps, after that fight with Morgan in the first arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Luffy has no apparent advantages as of now, unlike against Crocodile or Enel, while DD has one of the most deadly abilities we have seen in OP till now. I am looking forward to it.
    Can you please elaborate on the advantage he had against Crocodile? Unless you mean when he found out Crocodile's weakness was water and used that against him?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm not sure if we'll see CoC do anything though. Doflamingo and Luffy look to be on a too high of a level to be affected by CoC, but I'm assuming CoC only affects those with weak will.

Though it does also make one able to make friends or allies. From the looks of it, Doflamingo has managed to acquire loyal followers thanks to CoC, so maybe that'll play a role? Or Luffy could use his CoC (maybe unconsciously?) to get Doflamingo's people to join him or betray Doflamingo, at least, at a key moment or point.

Who has he curbstomped? Caesar in their first fight managed to take down Luffy. Luffy had difficulty taking out Hodi as well. I barely remember any of his boss fights being curbstomps, after that fight with Morgan in the first arc.

Can you please elaborate on the advantage he had against Crocodile? Unless you mean when he found out Crocodile's weakness was water and used that against him?
    Yeah, the water and his blood of course. Crocodile was in no way an opponent Luffy should have been able to handle but through luck in finding out his weakness, he got a huge advantage, especially in the third fight where Luffy used his own blood.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you forgotten what Shanks' haki did to Whitebeard's ship?

Even though it took some doing, he was utterly wiping the floor with both of them, remember?
    Last edited by Akainu; February 27, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks's CoC made a lot of WB crew faint. I don't remember the ship being affected?

He did not wipe the floor with Hodi, as Hodi kept recovering and fighting back, eventually biting Luffy deep enough that Luffy was in danger of dying from blood loss even though it was mainly because he exerted himself to destroy the ship. It took too many attacks to take out Hodi. And he lost to Caesar in round one, so it took more than some doing. Round 2 against Caesar though, he did have a romantic victory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the alliance, it looks like Oda will start diversifying the story, and given Law's history with Dofly, i think Law will be the one facing him in the end. Law's the one who has a bone to pick with him - and if Luffy ends up going up against Dofly, that would be like admitting that Luffy is stronger than Law. But Oda has already multiple times shown that Kidd and Law will be Luffy's rivals in the NW, so having Luffy take out Law's enemy in the 3rd NW arc.... well, I just don't think Oda will do that.

I think that, if not Law, I think Dofly might get hunted down by Kaidou before the SH even find him. This would accelerate the SH's meeting with Kaidou and give us a sneak peek at the difference in strength between the Shichibukai and Yonko.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As it's been stated before, others had a bone to pick with the other antagonists that Luffy defeated. It seems that Luffy's fights is to come in as a third party that can deal with the threat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As it's been stated before, others had a bone to pick with the other antagonists that Luffy defeated. It seems that Luffy's fights is to come in as a third party that can deal with the threat.
    Like Crocodile, Enel and Rob Lucci? Yeah, Vivi, most of Skypia and Robin were the first ones to be involved in the fight, but honestly, none of them stood a chance against their opponents. Right now, we have Law and Kidd, which have been established as Luffy's closest rivals. On one hand, if Luffy defeats Dofly instead of Law, he'd be helping out. But I feel like that would seriously hurt Law's standing. Given their goals and bounties, Law and Kidd should be able to defeat shichibukai at least.
    Think of it this way... Law had no way of knowing that that he would meet and ally with SH on Punk Hazard. Law's crew is also currently chilling on Zou. Law went to Punk Hazard with intentions to overthrow Dofly, and undoubtedly had plans to find and destroy the SAD and smile factory, before they were altered by the SH. However, Law sure as hell would not have planned this if he at least wasn't sure to be able to beat Dofly. That would be a suicide mission. Yeah, Law could be hoping Kaido kills Dofly before Dofly hunts down Law, but Law has been established to be way too smart to go on a suicide mission against a shichibukai he knew he can't beat.

I just think that Law and Kidd are due for spotlight - it would be very disappointing if those two are much weaker than Luffy. I think Law will fight Dofly, but I think Luffy will fight Kaidou. This way, Law has his time to shine but Luffy still takes out the strongest opponent.

That, or Oda will plot twist this in and unforeseeable way and I'll feel stupid.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, should a mod add Fujitora into the poll already?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poll options can't be added after voting has begun. I'd have to strip the poll and start a new one.

I can't imagine Doflamingo ever fighting Fujitora. If he saw an Admiral show up he probably runs, just like he did at Punk Hazard. Even if Dofla could beat him, he probably won't want to go to all the trouble. I wonder if Doflamingo himself even goes to Greenbit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Like Crocodile, Enel and Rob Lucci? Yeah, Vivi, most of Skypia and Robin were the first ones to be involved in the fight, but honestly, none of them stood a chance against their opponents. Right now, we have Law and Kidd, which have been established as Luffy's closest rivals. On one hand, if Luffy defeats Dofly instead of Law, he'd be helping out. But I feel like that would seriously hurt Law's standing. Given their goals and bounties, Law and Kidd should be able to defeat shichibukai at least.
    Think of it this way... Law had no way of knowing that that he would meet and ally with SH on Punk Hazard. Law's crew is also currently chilling on Zou. Law went to Punk Hazard with intentions to overthrow Dofly, and undoubtedly had plans to find and destroy the SAD and smile factory, before they were altered by the SH. However, Law sure as hell would not have planned this if he at least wasn't sure to be able to beat Dofly. That would be a suicide mission. Yeah, Law could be hoping Kaido kills Dofly before Dofly hunts down Law, but Law has been established to be way too smart to go on a suicide mission against a shichibukai he knew he can't beat.

I just think that Law and Kidd are due for spotlight - it would be very disappointing if those two are much weaker than Luffy. I think Law will fight Dofly, but I think Luffy will fight Kaidou. This way, Law has his time to shine but Luffy still takes out the strongest opponent.

That, or Oda will plot twist this in and unforeseeable way and I'll feel stupid.

Jinbe was a match for Hody, but he let Luffy fight him. Remember that Vergo said that Law knows nothing of Doflamingo's past? That's a clear indicator to me that he won't be able to win.

---------- Post added March 09, 2013 at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2013 at 06:59 PM ----------

Well, seeing as how Law is taking Caesar to Green Bit, it looks like it falls to Luffy to bring down Dofla.

---------- Post added April 04, 2013 at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was March 09, 2013 at 11:56 AM ----------

Looks like we got another contender to fight Doflamingo in the form of Rebecca.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

" he was toying with the VAs in Mariejoa, nobody actually strong has attacked him in Marineford"

Your joke isn't funny at all because Sengoku, Akainu, Kizaru, Hawkeye, and Garp etc... are extremly powerful players in the field.
    Last edited by MBVC; April 04, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

New Reply
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast