Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

140 68.97%
  • Law

51 25.12%
  • Zoro

21 10.34%
  • Sanji

8 3.94%
  • Vergo

4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Course Luffy

I feel bad for Law but he doesn't deserve the privilege . I mean whomever defeats DoFlamingo is gonna be known worldwide , at least between the pirates. Luffy has to be the one

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end of this chapter Law's speach was a clear declaration of war against the Joker.At looks like Law have been planing this for a while now so something tells me he has a pesonnal grudge against Doflamingo.We don't know yet what he did to Law but it must have been really bad or at least bad enough to make him take all these risk(like to give his hearth to Ceasar).I also wonder what Doflamingo meant when he said "...even though i looked over his growth all the time...".That sound suspicious to me.

Anyway,it looks likes this is a personnal matter for Law and it would sucks if someone other than him would take Joker's head.Plus he is the mastermind of this all plan and i don't think it would be cool if Luffy would take all the credit for it.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

if law fights joker...luffy will fight some yonkou...law's already got limelight worth one arc...there is no more needed...from now on luffy will shine the most (afterall he is the main character)
    even zoro can be good opponent for joker...coz i believ he uses some strings to manipulate other people...he cut giants leg during war and it looked like some string just sliced through it...if joker uses strings zoro can cut em all...this will also be a huge powerup for zoro since he's got to surpass mihawk who is shanks rival...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@dex Yeah! It would be a good thing to know how his power to manipulate people bodies come from.So far seem like his Devil fruit has not weak point.I hope its like you said that he somehow use strings to manipulate people which could make it easier.But if not i guess CoA is their best hope.
    Check out my DeviantART

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, after this chapter, I can see Luffy fighting BM and Law fighting Dofla - it'd support the recent buildup of Law's image, and it seems likely that Dofla and BM will join forces to crush the alliance
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

either law will use his ability to cut him and then put a sea-stone inside dofla's body or just a sea-stone bullet from Vegapunk

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to defeat Doflamingo what technic his opponent should use in order to counter his power to manipulate bodies?For exemple i think that power would have not effect inside Law's room.
    Check out my DeviantART

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    In order to defeat Doflamingo what technic his opponent should use in order to counter his power to manipulate bodies?For exemple i think that power would have not effect inside Law's room.
    We don't know how Doflamingo manipulates the body. There is no evidence that it wont work, actually I think it would be easier for Dofalmingo to defeat Law.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law defeating Doflamingo is plausible. He was part of Doflamingo's crew, they have history, Law probably has a score to settle. Luffy would get to fight the Yonkou after Doflamingo is defeated. That would raise the prestige of both characters, making the alliance seem even more formidable. It would also leave Luffy the honor of defeating the more prominent villain, at least in the eyes of the public. Doflamingo's identity as an underworld broker is obviously a secret, most of the world probably thinks of him as a Shichibukai and powerful, but not as powerful as he really is.

What makes everything so tricky is that there is a good chance Doflamingo is more powerful than the Yonkou. This Yonkou built an army with the "smile" he provided, it seems like he stands behind them, no matter how powerful they are, he is the true power lurking in the shadows. Disrupting the supply of SAD, and defeating Doflamingo, might be the important key Law was referring to. Without Doflamingo it might be that Mam, while powerful, would become vulnerable to an alliance between pirate's as powerful as Luffy and Law.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you recall, there have been others that have had a score to settle against one of the main antagonist, but the antagonist was just too strong for them and ended up being taken down by Luffy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure about any ou will be that vulnerable. smiles probably give her (for now it seems big mam profitted) an edge above the others but she was a yonkou long enough and a pirate long before that. all we know is she created an army with artificial fruit rather than finding it. we dont know if it can be created as per the request or it is just the animals CC has experimented on or rather is it pure chance. so the fighting potential is unknown. we also dont know if the fruits got eaten by top dogs of big mam or just the fries as to give them some more fighting chance. besides i wouldnt think some1 as powerful as an ou to not know where the said thing comes or the risk it has.Also she has been named 1 of the few capable of killing teach by gorosei. i say the over glorified DD is the magicians trick from oda. or DD himself is the real ou but whoever is covering for him is his subordinate and we dont know yet.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the chapter from last week is a proof that Oda is taking a all new direction with this serie.I mean it is quite clear that Vergo is(was) the stronger enemy at Punk hazard but Luffy was not the one who defeated him.Instead,to everyone surprise,it was Law.And i think the same scenario could be played on Doflamingo's arc.

Still,if Law take care of the Joker it doesn't mean that the other will just sit back watch or get the easy job.Who would have thought that someone of Vergo's caliber would show up at Punk hazard.The same way i think some interesting caracter could be introduced to us on the next arc.I mean i doubt Joker have manage to create such a huge undergroung broker company with just two old guys and a crazy chick.Hopefully after what happened to Vergo Doflamingo will still make his grand meeting happen like he said he would so we can get the all picture.

Since the Supernovas are the pirates of the next era,it is safe to say that each one of them will have their moment of glory.

Note:Somehow i got the feelin that feeling that Mugiwara will save Traffy's life when he will fight Doflamingo.
    Last edited by Rody naruto; December 05, 2012 at 06:11 AM.
    Check out my DeviantART

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Doflamingo is someone who has been built up since Jaya as complete antagonistic to everything Luffy stands for, the two have completely opposite ideologies, convictions et cetera, thus DD and the possible clash with Luffy play a huge role for depicting one of the major themes of One Piece, namely the freedom to dream and follow this dream, thus i think that Oda will not let the chance pass by to make this the theme of the DD arc. He is too much of an important character and antagonist for getting beaten by a side character like Law and while those two obviously share more of a personal relationship than DD and Luffy right now, it does not mean that it has to stay that way. For example, Luffy could learn that DD is the mastermind behind at least 2 incidents in the Grand Line that made problems for the SHs (Bellamy, slave house) or DD, jsut like Rody said, could stomp Law and Luffy saves him.
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; December 08, 2012 at 04:06 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    I think the chapter from last week is a proof that Oda is taking a all new direction with this serie.I mean it is quite clear that Vergo is(was) the stronger enemy at Punk hazard but Luffy was not the one who defeated him.Instead,to everyone surprise,it was Law.And i think the same scenario could be played on Doflamingo's arc.

Still,if Law take care of the Joker it doesn't mean that the other will just sit back watch or get the easy job.Who would have thought that someone of Vergo's caliber would show up at Punk hazard.The same way i think some interesting caracter could be introduced to us on the next arc.I mean i doubt Joker have manage to create such a huge undergroung broker company with just two old guys and a crazy chick.Hopefully after what happened to Vergo Doflamingo will still make his grand meeting happen like he said he would so we can get the all picture.

Since the Supernovas are the pirates of the next era,it is safe to say that each one of them will have their moment of glory.

Note:Somehow i got the feelin that feeling that Mugiwara will save Traffy's life when he will fight Doflamingo.
    Although Vergo may have been the stronger enemy, it's currently only Luffy who can stand up to Caesar. I think Oda's always had Luffy fight enemies that no one else could beat, like Enel and Lucci. Caesar so far can't be beaten by other SHP, as far as I know. Vergo could be beaten by Law's power, though, as seen.

It's why either Law or Luffy could face Doflamingo, though I think it'll be Luffy. They could also team up against him. I'm not sure if it's indicated that Doflamingo can only be beaten by Luffy, so the fight can be fought by either Supernova or by both of them.

And Doflamingo isn't the complete opposite of Luffy's ideologies. Both believe in dreams and following it, if I recall. Wasn't that one of the reasons why Doflamingo got mad at Bellamy?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Although Vergo may have been the stronger enemy, it's currently only Luffy who can stand up to Caesar. I think Oda's always had Luffy fight enemies that no one else could beat, like Enel and Lucci. Caesar so far can't be beaten by other SHP, as far as I know. Vergo could be beaten by Law's power, though, as seen.

It's why either Law or Luffy could face Doflamingo, though I think it'll be Luffy. They could also team up against him. I'm not sure if it's indicated that Doflamingo can only be beaten by Luffy, so the fight can be fought by either Supernova or by both of them.

And Doflamingo isn't the complete opposite of Luffy's ideologies. Both believe in dreams and following it, if I recall. Wasn't that one of the reasons why Doflamingo got mad at Bellamy?
    Nope, Blackbeard is the one who is the same and yet the opposite of Luffy, namely he believes in his dream and tries to fulfill it but has complete different ways than Luffy to do it. DD is the one who does not give dreams any value at all, he is materialistic both in the traditional sense and in the sense that is commonly used today while Luffy is idealistic in the commonly used way and even though he is not aware of it, he is also in the center of idealism in the traditional sense. DD was mad at Bellamy because the latter put importance on the fact that Luffy, Cricket et cetera were dreamers, namely through mocking them but DD does not even slightly care about dreams.

New Reply
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast