Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

    140 68.97%
  • Law

    51 25.12%
  • Zoro

    21 10.34%
  • Sanji

    8 3.94%
  • Vergo

    4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

    12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 287

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

  1. #61
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    @As far as i am consern Zoro could also do the job and besides Ceasar knew Law was stronger than him and that is the very reason why he had to give Ceasar his heart so that he would have the upper hand if Law detrayed him.So i am sure the is more than one person who can defeat him on that island.

    ---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Doflamingo is someone who has been built up since Jaya as complete antagonistic to everything Luffy stands for, the two have completely opposite ideologies, convictions et cetera, thus DD and the possible clash with Luffy play a huge role for depicting one of the major themes of One Piece, namely the freedom to dream and follow this dream, thus i think that Oda will not let the chance pass by to make this the theme of the DD arc. He is too much of an important character and antagonist for getting beaten by a side character like Law and while those two obviously share more of a personal relationship than DD and Luffy right now, it does not mean that it has to stay that way. For example, Luffy could learn that DD is the mastermind behind at least 2 incidents in the Grand Line that made problems for the SHs (Bellamy, slave house) or DD, jsut like Rody said, could stomp Law and Luffy saves him.
    Don't forget that Edward newgate was a much more built up caracter than Doflamingo was and while we all thought that Luffy would be the one who would defeat him,Blackbeard and his crew were the one to give the "coup de grâce".So even though Luffy seems to be the most plausible opponent for Joker,Law could still be a surprise.

    I think his soul soul purpose is to defeat Doflamingo.But i would be surprise if later on serie decides to become one of the Yonkou because of Luffy so he can protect people.
    Last edited by Rody naruto; December 08, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  2. #62
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    @As far as i am consern Zoro could also do the job and besides Ceasar knew Law was stronger than him and that is the very reason why he had to give Ceasar his heart so that he would have the upper hand if Law detrayed him.So i am sure the is more than one person who can defeat him on that island.

    ---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------



    Don't forget that Edward newgate was a much more built up caracter than Doflamingo was and while we all thought that Luffy would be the one who would defeat him,Blackbeard and his crew were the one to give the "coup de grâce".So even though Luffy seems to be the most plausible opponent for Joker,Law could still be a surprise.

    I think his soul soul purpose is to defeat Doflamingo.But i would be surprise if later on serie decides to become one of the Yonkou because of Luffy so he can protect people.
    Don´t understand this part really. What kind of build up did WB have other than "Strongest Man in the World". The moment we knew that he is Ace´s captain it was clear that Luffy would not beat him, this comparison does not really stick. Besides, DD is clearly going to be a villain and an antagonist, the same can obviously not be said about WB.

  3. #63
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    First,for Whitebeard to be part of the Yonkou and to be considered the strongest man in world logically had him in least of caracters that Luffy had to defeat in order that become the Pirate king just like Mihawk for Zoro as the strongest swordsman in the world.Plus Ace said that Edward was going to be the next pirate king and we all know how Luffy acts toward those who want to be Pirate king.It was only during his last moments that we found out that he secretly wanted to make Ace the next Pirate king. He was meant to be Luffy ultimate rival until Teach came to steal that role from him.Second,if Doflamingo was to die during the war at Marinford instead of Whitebeard,do you really think it would have had the same impact as him back then!?I doubt it.That is the proof that Edward newgate was a much more build up and a much more charismatic caracter then Doflamingo was at that time.And it also prooves that Doflamingo could a meet the same faith as Whitebeard and go against everyone prediction.Don't forget that being imprevisible is what Oda does best.

    Don't give me wrong!I am not saying that it is written on stone that Law should defeat Joker,i would ok if Luffy does defeat him.But i think we should not close our mind to the idea that someone else could defeat him.I think it would give more charisma to side caracters Law and the other Supernova as well for a better plot later and it would also give(IMO) a better background for future event like the grand war that is going to come.It would make it more believable that the Supernovas have the will and the strenght to go the Yonkou and the world government if they can defeat opponent of Joker's caliber.
    Last edited by Rody naruto; December 09, 2012 at 04:55 AM.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  4. #64
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    First,for Whitebeard to be part of the Yonkou and to be considered the strongest man in world logically had him in least of caracters that Luffy had to defeat in order that become the Pirate king just like Mihawk for Zoro as the strongest swordsman in the world.Plus Ace said that Edward was going to be the next pirate king and we all know how Luffy acts toward those who want to be Pirate king.It was only during his last moments that we found out that he secretly wanted to make Ace the next Pirate king. He was meant to be Luffy ultimate rival until Teach came to steal that role from him.Second,if Doflamingo was to die during the war at Marinford instead of Whitebeard,do you really think it would have had the same impact as him back then!?I doubt it.That is the proof that Edward newgate was a much more build up and a much more charismatic caracter then Doflamingo was at that time.And it also prooves that Doflamingo could a meet the same faith as Whitebeard and go against everyone prediction.Don't forget that being imprevisible is what Oda does best.

    Don't give me wrong!I am not saying that it is written on stone that Law should defeat Joker,i would ok if Luffy does defeat him.But i think we should not close our mind to the idea that someone else could defeat him.I think it would give more charisma to side caracters Law and the other Supernova as well for a better plot later and it would also give(IMO) a better background for future event like the grand war that is going to come.It would make it more believable that the Supernovas have the will and the strenght to go the Yonkou and the world government if they can defeat opponent of Joker's caliber.
    All the things you brought up do not make WB the more built up character though (built up in terms of characterization). I don´t know about you but i never saw WB as rival or the man who stands before Luffy´s goal to become PK simply because he is/was Ace´s captain. DD, just like i said, has been deliberately characterized by Oda as the complete opposite of Luffy, their individual ideologies even shortly clashed with Bellamy as the representative of DD in that case. On the other hand, we did know nothing about WB except that he is the World´s Strongest Man and that he is a bit arrogant, only in his dying moments we got to know what really motivated him. The impact of WB´s death being greater than DD´s possible death is also not because one is more built up or characterized than the other but because of their different roles. WB was the leading figure in this era while DD is a smaller fish, so it is obvious that his death would have more impact. Don´t get me wrong though, i am not a Luffy fanboy or anything who has to have his protagonist beat everyone but i think particularly in DD´s case it would be a waste to let someone else beat him since DD and Luffy are the complete polar to each other.

  5. #65
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    I highly disagree you here but at this point it is a matter opinion and i am sure we could go on and on about this subject all day because it seems that we both have alot of good argument to make a point But regardless of that are there still are going to be many opponents out there who are going to be as bad as Joker and you cannot expect Luffy to fight every single one of them.Vergo is a good example here.Sanji told him that he was the kind that his captain hated the most but still Luffy wasn't the one to put him down,Law was and history could repeat itself.

    And i am not saying i dislike Luffy.In the contrary he is way over the top favorite characters.It's just that as thirsty as he is,other then him have to eat too.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  6. #66
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    I highly disagree you here but at this point it is a matter opinion and i am sure we could go on and on about this subject all day because it seems that we both have alot of good argument to make a point But regardless of that are there still are going to be many opponents out there who are going to be as bad as Joker and you cannot expect Luffy to fight every single one of them.Vergo is a good example here.Sanji told him that he was the kind that his captain hated the most but still Luffy wasn't the one to put him down,Law was and history could repeat itself.

    And i am not saying i dislike Luffy.In the contrary he is way over the top favorite characters.It's just that as thirsty as he is,other then him have to eat too.
    You´re probably right, it also depends on preference in this case. I am someone who was always more interested in the themes Oda wants to depict in One Piece, thus it would be a waste to let someone else clash with DD while a fight between DD and Luffy would have so much significance for the themes i am and was talking about. One thing i want to clarify though, for me at least, DD is not just another "big bad villain", specially because of the points i mentioned before (him being the total opposite et cetera) but like i said, it could be different for you.

  7. #67
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    You´re probably right, it also depends on preference in this case. I am someone who was always more interested in the themes Oda wants to depict in One Piece, thus it would be a waste to let someone else clash with DD while a fight between DD and Luffy would have so much significance for the themes i am and was talking about. One thing i want to clarify though, for me at least, DD is not just another "big bad villain", specially because of the points i mentioned before (him being the total opposite et cetera) but like i said, it could be different for you.
    Not really... DD and Luffy aren't exact opposites at all, because simply Doflamingo so far doesn't give a shit about dreams and stuff, unlike Bellamy who mocked Luffy because of that, and even Crocodile and Moria, Dofla seems to be the type of guy who just doesn't care about that kind of stuff... Bellamy for examples was clearly shown against " dreamers " and even Crocodile and Moria to some extent, but Dofla ? No

    Personally, I think it would be too much if Luffy takes out Dofla and BM, as much as I'd love to see it happen, but it would be a bit too much and would render the other SN a bit useless, Kidd, Law, Hawkins and Drake are for me rivals, and they need to shine too in order to confirm their rival status by taking out some strong pirates too, hence why I think Law may be the one to defeat Dofla

  8. #68
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Not really... DD and Luffy aren't exact opposites at all, because simply Doflamingo so far doesn't give a shit about dreams and stuff, unlike Bellamy who mocked Luffy because of that, and even Crocodile and Moria, Dofla seems to be the type of guy who just doesn't care about that kind of stuff... Bellamy for examples was clearly shown against " dreamers " and even Crocodile and Moria to some extent, but Dofla ? No

    Personally, I think it would be too much if Luffy takes out Dofla and BM, as much as I'd love to see it happen, but it would be a bit too much and would render the other SN a bit useless, Kidd, Law, Hawkins and Drake are for me rivals, and they need to shine too in order to confirm their rival status by taking out some strong pirates too, hence why I think Law may be the one to defeat Dofla
    I am sorry to say this, most of the time it is up to personal opinion but in this case you are wrong. For both Bellamy and Luffy it comes down to the fact that they both care about dreams, only in a different way. While Luffy is pretty much a dreamer, Bellamy likes to mock those who like to dream but, just like you said, they both care about it. The opposite of Luffy though would be someone who, to say it in your words, "doesn´t give a shit about dreams". Like i said above, DD is materialistic both in the commonly used way and in the traditional way. He pretty much only cares about wealth (at least so far) and also does not believe in a higher power than himself. Luffy on the other hand is, just like the definitions of materialism and idealism suggest, the complete opposite of that.

  9. #69
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I am sorry to say this, most of the time it is up to personal opinion but in this case you are wrong. For both Bellamy and Luffy it comes down to the fact that they both care about dreams, only in a different way. While Luffy is pretty much a dreamer, Bellamy likes to mock those who like to dream but, just like you said, they both care about it. The opposite of Luffy though would be someone who, to say it in your words, "doesn´t give a shit about dreams". Like i said above, DD is materialistic both in the commonly used way and in the traditional way. He pretty much only cares about wealth (at least so far) and also does not believe in a higher power than himself. Luffy on the other hand is, just like the definitions of materialism and idealism suggest, the complete opposite of that.
    Wrong, Bellamy not only doesn't care about dreams, he hates them, big difference. Someone who cares about dreams would BB and Luffy, as both share the same dream, yet they choose different paths to reach that dream, but Bellamy is the very definition of trash pirate who hates dreamers and only care about material things (gold, money...), but Dofla doesn't care, you could be a dreamer or not, it's all the same for him... And he doesn't seem to go after money too, seeing how big his business is, I think he's after something else

  10. #70
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    I agree with Zehahaha.To fight Big mom and Doflamingo would to much for Luffy.Plus i think that the similarity betwen Law and Joker's Devil fruit makes them a perfect for eachother.

    They both have the power to controle thier opponent's body.For Joker i think it has to be within a certain range while Law can do it inside his room.
    and
    Here again the similarity is pretty clear.They both seem able to slice anything they want at will.If there is a difference betwen them those two powers i would say that Law's ability is more about to neutralise his adversaries while the one from Joker is more about to hurt them(which fit his personnality).From this point of view Doflamingo sound like Law's alter ego than he is to Luffy.

    Like also said before it feels like Law planned this all operation for the main reason that he want to take Doflaming down.It looks like he has a grudge against him.It would SAD if someone else would do the job for him.All i hope is that Luffy will an equivalent opponent hopefully someone from the marine.
    Last edited by Rody naruto; December 09, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  11. #71
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Wrong, Bellamy not only doesn't care about dreams, he hates them, big difference. Someone who cares about dreams would BB and Luffy, as both share the same dream, yet they choose different paths to reach that dream, but Bellamy is the very definition of trash pirate who hates dreamers and only care about material things (gold, money...), but Dofla doesn't care, you could be a dreamer or not, it's all the same for him... And he doesn't seem to go after money too, seeing how big his business is, I think he's after something else
    That seems to be the part you do not understand, hate is also a form of care, obviously a very negative one but nonetheless it still occupies his mind. In this context being indifferent to dreams is the total opposite (let´s forget about the materialism vs idealism since nobody seems to care about that but it is another point that makes DD Luffy´s opposite). Crocodile still cared about dreams, namely crushing the dreams of other people, especially the citizens of Alabasta (including Vivi) who dreamed of a prosperous country, Enel dreamed about Fairy Vearth, Moria still dreamed about becoming the PK, Bellamy, similar to Crocodile, liked to mock others but DD is the first entity in One Piece who is indifferent to dreams.

  12. #72
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    That seems to be the part you do not understand, hate is also a form of care, obviously a very negative one but nonetheless it still occupies his mind. In this context being indifferent to dreams is the total opposite (let´s forget about the materialism vs idealism since nobody seems to care about that but it is another point that makes DD Luffy´s opposite). Crocodile still cared about dreams, namely crushing the dreams of other people, especially the citizens of Alabasta (including Vivi) who dreamed of a prosperous country, Enel dreamed about Fairy Vearth, Moria still dreamed about becoming the PK, Bellamy, similar to Crocodile, liked to mock others but DD is the first entity in One Piece who is indifferent to dreams.
    But it doesn't make DD the opposite of Luffy, the opposite of Luffy would be someone who hates dreams like Bellamy, that guy is indeed the opposite of Luffy, but Dofla is more neutral, as for him, dreamer or not, it doesn't matter to him, so no they're not opposites

  13. #73
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    I really think that the one who will defeat Doflamingo will be Hancock in the great final world.
    I really hope this becase Doflamingo is the one who controlled the human slavery.
    I still believe this even if in this arc he is showed, infact I don't think that he will be defeated very soon.

  14. #74
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    I really think that the one who will defeat Doflamingo will be Hancock in the great final world.
    I really hope this becase Doflamingo is the one who controlled the human slavery.
    I still believe this even if in this arc he is showed, infact I don't think that he will be defeated very soon.
    Good point! It should be interesting to have Hancock joining the team to defeat Doflamingo and when i say him i mean his all organization.I wouldn't be surprise if there is a third party who join their team.As far as i am conserned i would prefere the actual team to make it all the way to Joker,but if he is as well connected as they say he is then they could use some help.And if the higher ups from the government are backing him up on this on,we might get to see some vice admirals or another secret organization like the CP9 joining the fight.What do you guys think?

    Now does a character like Hancock has the strenght needed to defeat Doflamingo?Even though i doubt she would be the one to take down Joker,she probably has the abilities and the power needed to do so.She has prooved that she could be a fearsome fighter and,she is one those rare ones to possess Haoshoku haki which give her the upper hand.

    Note: I think Doflamingo's arc might be a long one.Probably as long as water seven(ennies lobby included).
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  15. #75
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Nope, Blackbeard is the one who is the same and yet the opposite of Luffy, namely he believes in his dream and tries to fulfill it but has complete different ways than Luffy to do it. DD is the one who does not give dreams any value at all, he is materialistic both in the traditional sense and in the sense that is commonly used today while Luffy is idealistic in the commonly used way and even though he is not aware of it, he is also in the center of idealism in the traditional sense. DD was mad at Bellamy because the latter put importance on the fact that Luffy, Cricket et cetera were dreamers, namely through mocking them but DD does not even slightly care about dreams.
    Reread it and you're right, Doflamingo doesn't care about dreams. I think he'll be Law and Luffy's enemy though.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

New Reply
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts