Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

140 68.97%
  • Law

51 25.12%
  • Zoro

21 10.34%
  • Sanji

8 3.94%
  • Vergo

4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Luffy got his ass handed to him before he even knew what hit him. He's only doing better now since he has a better idea of Caesar's actual abilities, yet he still had trouble with him in Round 2. We also know Caesar isn't on the same level as Doflamingo since the dude in charge is always the strongest (save a couple of exceptions). What we have with Caesar is a repeat with Crocodile. Luffy lost to Croc in all three rounds (he would have died in Round 3 without outside intervention). Luffy will win the third round, but Caesar will put up a good fight, with the difference being Luffy having the advantage as far as intel is concerned.
    LOL, I disagree. Luffy lose the first match without even get hurt himself, it was his carelessness. Because he can not be harm by poison and who here would thing that as gas user can do that. We all know that Luffy beat the shit out of him and CC couldn't even touch Luffy. The second battle, CC again never even touch Luffy, the only difficult thing is the oxygen ability CC has which anyone would have problem with if not careful. The third fight is just Luffy ownage so CC is not even up to Luffy league at all. Remember, Luffy was never hurt throughout those 3 fight, he never got hit once.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Reread it and you're right, Doflamingo doesn't care about dreams. I think he'll be Law and Luffy's enemy though.
    That's why Monet's last words surprised me: "You'll be the man to become PK." Does Dofla actually want to become one, or is that just Monet's individual wish (which would be more likely, but considering how she worships him, would she actually want something Dofla himself doesn't want to be)? PK is the embodiment of OP dreams, after all.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For Doflamingo's crew to look up to their master the way they do and to obey him kind of reminds me of the way Mugiwara's crew look up to their captain.In a way it is like they are really trying to help him to achieve is his dream.Which proves that they are not so opposite him and Luffy and the only thing were they seem to differ is their method to reach their goal.

Still i would like to know where roots of such faithfulness towards their master come from and i hope Oda will illuminate us on this matter with some flashback.

---------- Post added January 05, 2013 at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was January 02, 2013 at 02:38 PM ----------

I am sure Monosuke never met Doflamingo.I still think that the reason why he produce the smile in his own factory instead of doing it in punk hazard,is so that he can add his own touch into the smile.It seems that Doflamingo likes to control people one way or an other(we can see that with his crew) and i am sure there is something that he puts in the smile which allows him to control those who have eaten the artificial devil fruit.Like Ceasar with the S.A.D,i think Doflamingo use is own Devil fruit to produce Smile or at least to add that element that makes people hallucinate his face.I suspect a (or some) keyword is needed to trigger that hallucination and in Momosuke case the keyword that trigger his hallucination was "hold on".From everything that Luffy said to him the only word that kept on resonating in his mind like an echo was that word "hold on" until the Joker face appeared(And yes,it was the Joker's face).So i suspect that it was the key word to unlock his power.
    I shall use this illustration should help me prove my theory:

As you can see the word "hold on" was repeated many time in his mind before the hallucination.

Also when you think about it,do you guys really think that someone like Doflamingo who want to be the Pirate king will leave such a fearsome power as an army of Zoan users in the hand of someone else?i doubt.
    His plan is probably to get rid of all the Yonkou without getting "his hand durty".By hurting on of them(Big mam i suspect) from the inside,it would probably force the other Yonkou to go to a war they are certain to win against the weakened one.This way he can climb on top of the power chain the lazy way(lol a king like that should be called the lazy pirate king).I am sure he doesn't want to fight the emperors personally,since he knows he can't beat them, so he came up with this Machiavellian plan to get rid of them in the shadow.Which makes him not as fearsome as people think he is (at least not on the emperors level).
    That's why i can't wait for Law to kindly give him the taste of his own medicine with that "plan" of his.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think that Law will be the one to have the "Final Showdown" with Doflamingo just because of all the history they've had together. Law defeating Vergo was kind of like a kick in the balls to Doflamingo, especially seeing how quickly he defeated Vergo. That and the fact that he destroyed the entire SAD factory(not sure if that's the right word) it seems fitting that Doflamingo will want to put him in his place.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if Luffy had some sort of confrontation with Doflamingo, although not enough to actually defeat him. I think Law has some outside plan which involves the Strawhat Pirates to go do something else while Law gets even with Doflamingo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would it be just one person, actually? I doubt 1 person will fight while the whole crew sits on their asses watching, so there are the possible scenarios for me:
    1. Dofla attacks the weaker ones first, thus reducing the number of opponents - but would Luffy or Law actually be unable to keep up with him and prevent him from doing so? (especially Luffy, that'd be the last drop for him after CC)
    2. Dofla uses his puppeteer ability to manipulate someone, leading to either only keeping them out of the fight or Luffy having to fight his nakama
    3. a team battle ensues (I still remember when SH took out a pacifista together, that was a fight the likes of which I'd like to see again)
    Last edited by 0Xellos; January 07, 2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: stupid qwerty/z
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Whz would it be just one person, actually? I doubt 1 person will fight while the whole crew sits on their asses watching, so there are the possible scenarios for me:
    Because this is a shounen manga and only one on one fights are allowed. Find me a climactic, last boss fight that was anything but a one on one battle. There is a possibility Law gets to fight Doflamingo. They have history, after all. But anything other than a typical one on one fight seems really unlikely.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

What's doing Aokiji on the poll?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    What's doing Aokiji on the poll?
    He's so hot right now

Got it?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it most likely that law will fight him in punk harzard but i hope Akainu die in pain for killing ace while Aokiji is hot lol..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go outside shot Aokiji as well. Here's my reasoning: I don't think neither Law nor Luffy would be able to defeat Doflamingo. Especially Luffy doesn't seem to be a great fit for a fight, given what we've seen of Doflamingos abilities. Now why Aokiji? Ceasar broadcast the use of Shinokuni to the underworld, I'm not really sure anymore if it was mentioned that the SHs were on the Island, but if so, wouldn't Aokiji still be interested in Nico Robin and possibly trying to meet her? Getting there at the same time with Doflamingo would be pure coincidence, but that could be his motivation to get there. Also, he has to be one of very few people actually knowing where Punk Hazard is.
    I'd like the idea of Aokiji showing up and it would be great to develop some of the stuff that happened during the timeskip.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think he is reserved for Law seeing their connection while Luffy will go and fight Big Mom.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is very clearly set up to face Doflo. He is going to be the big bad of this sage and Luffy always takes them down.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLeggedDragon View Post
    Luffy is very clearly set up to face Doflo. He is going to be the big bad of this sage and Luffy always takes them down.
    About as sensible an answer as there possibly could be. The hero fights the boss, not the supporting cast.

Defeating Dofla would be the perfect way for the Strawhats to announce their arrival in the New World, after two years of inactivity. His contemporaries have had a two year head start, Luffy needs to do something to regain some of his former notoriety. Defeating Dofla and bringing down his criminal empire would be the perfect start, and prelude to fighting a Yonkou. If anyone other than Luffy fights Dofla, none of that is possible. As Captain, Luffy needs to be the one to fight him, and win.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

As of right now, I am considering Dofla and Big Mam Pirates as separate arcs though part of the same saga. Dofla is supplying one of the Yonkou with Smile Fruit, which they then used to build an army of fruit users. I am guessing disrupting production of SAD, and stopping the trade in Smile, was the important key that Law was talking about. This must be accomplished before challenging Big Mam. I think the fight against the Big Mam pirates will be a multi-island saga, not beginning until after Dofla has been defeated, disrupting her supply of Smile.

I also am not convinced the final fight between Luffy and Dofla will happen at Punk Hazard. I am open to the idea that Dofla wins the fight, or does not fight at all, only rescuing Caesar, forcing the Strawhats to follow him back to Dressrosa.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 17, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaiten

If I go by your logic, Luffy should beat a Yonko and Doflamingo ? What will be left for the other SN ? They'll look like a bunch of fodders compared to Luffy if he does such thing, taking a Shichibukai and a Yonko, how can we ever consider the SN as rivals to Luffy anymore ? They'll lose that little bit of credibility they have (especially Kidd/Law/Drake/Hawkins, as the other are shit in my eyes)

Heck, if Oda does that, might as well throw away the SN and make BB the only rival of Luffy and that's it, which would be stupid ofc

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    He's so hot right now

Got it?
    I have to admit it, i misjudge you. To even foresee that Aokiji is resting in the seas in the middle of Doflamingo's track. You have your abilities.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast