Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is going to defeat Doflamingo?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

140 68.97%
  • Law

51 25.12%
  • Zoro

21 10.34%
  • Sanji

8 3.94%
  • Vergo

4 1.97%
  • Aokiji

12 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is going defeat Doflamingo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    @Kaiten

If I go by your logic, Luffy should beat a Yonko and Doflamingo ? What will be left for the other SN ? They'll look like a bunch of fodders compared to Luffy if he does such thing, taking a Shichibukai and a Yonko, how can we ever consider the SN as rivals to Luffy anymore ? They'll lose that little bit of credibility they have (especially Kidd/Law/Drake/Hawkins, as the other are shit in my eyes)

Heck, if Oda does that, might as well throw away the SN and make BB the only rival of Luffy and that's it, which would be stupid ofc
    I am with you on this one.The speech Law gave to Doflamingo clearly shows that a new wave of strong pirates are moving onto the new world and if the supernovas are among these pirates,we need to feel their presence.Sure Luffy will eventually become the strongest among them,but he will need allies and rivals that are worthy of him and for that people like Law,Kidd and Drake will need to earn these titles by defeating opponent like Doflamingo(at least).I am sure Luffy will fight and defeat her but in this case he need to do the same thing he told Law regarding Ussop which is to chill out are trust others to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I have to admit it, i misjudge you. To even foresee that Aokiji is resting in the seas in the middle of Doflamingo's track. You have your abilities.
    It is a good feeling to be right for something like that especially when it comes to Oda.Regardless,Aokiji definitely has his place on the pole now .I am looking foward for those two to combat each other...well hopefully
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Well i remember exactly when but Aokiji was investing about the abduction of of chirldren so it could be very possible for him to make an appearance even though the chances are realy slim.
    Do you remember around when that was? I can't.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaiten

If I go by your logic, Luffy should beat a Yonko and Doflamingo ? What will be left for the other SN ? They'll look like a bunch of fodders compared to Luffy if he does such thing, taking a Shichibukai and a Yonko, how can we ever consider the SN as rivals to Luffy anymore ? They'll lose that little bit of credibility they have (especially Kidd/Law/Drake/Hawkins, as the other are shit in my eyes)

Heck, if Oda does that, might as well throw away the SN and make BB the only rival of Luffy and that's it, which would be stupid ofc
    Luffy's already defeated two Shichibukai, the majordomo of CP-9, Enel, Arlong, led a prison break from Impel Down, and was the only Supernova to fight at Marineford. Despite all this, his rivals have found a way to match his prestige. With a two year head start, most of his rivals should already have passed him. While Luffy was busy training, Law became a Shichibukai and Blackbeard is now a Yonkou. Kid's new bounty is higher than Luffy's. And when has Luffy ever left a character of Law's stature to one of his crew members? He's the captain and he always fights the Captain. Law and Zoro will fight the top soldiers, Luffy will get the leader. Why would this change so suddenly now?
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, those who wanted to know who will defeat Doflamingo won't have much longer to wait. Clearly, he's going to be the main antagonist of the upcoming Dressrosa arc (that is, if he escapes Aokiji first). If you recall, while Doflamingo was attacking the G-5 marines, he said that while Law was a threat, the Straw Hats are no such thing. Now you know anyone that underestimates them is defeated by Luffy. I'm looking forward to this next arc.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

@Kaiten

For the record, Luffy has shown his desire to beat ALL FOUR EMPERORS.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

O_o

Wow, thread starter just won half of the internet by putting Aokiji on the list there. And the people who voted for him have the chance to win the other half, lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Well, those who wanted to know who will defeat Doflamingo won't have much longer to wait. Clearly, he's going to be the main antagonist of the upcoming Dressrosa arc (that is, if he escapes Aokiji first). If you recall, while Doflamingo was attacking the G-5 marines, he said that while Law was a threat, the Straw Hats are no such thing. Now you know anyone that underestimates them is defeated by Luffy. I'm looking forward to this next arc.
    Did he really say that ? The way I see it, is that what he meant by "Law aside, the SH are simple pirates", is that Law is a Shichibukai while none of the SH is. So he questioned why Smoker let them go, because it will be understandable for a Shichibukai but not ordinary pirates.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; February 07, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Did he really say that ? The way I see is that what he meant by "Law aside, the SH are simple pirates", is that Law is a Shichibukai while the none of the SH is. So he questioned why Smoker let them go, because it will be understandable for a Shichibukai but not ordinary pirates.
    Yep, that´s pretty much what he meant by saying that Luffy is a "common" pirate. DD already said that he estimates Luffy to have greater potential than Law since he has Haoushoku.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Did he really say that ? The way I see is that what he meant by "Law aside, the SH are simple pirates", is that Law is a Shichibukai while the none of the SH is. So he questioned why Smoker let them go, because it will be understandable for a Shichibukai but not ordinary pirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Yep, that´s pretty much what he meant by saying that Luffy is a "common" pirate. DD already said that he estimates Luffy to have greater potential than Law since he has Haoushoku.
    Oops. I guess I misinterpreted what he said and thought he meant he considered Law a bigger threat than Luffy. But can you blame me? After all, the Straw Hats are anything but 'common' pirates. Still, I forgot all about Doflamingo's comment about bewaring Luffy because he has Conqueror's Haki. However, my theory that Luffy will ultimately defeat him can still stand based on that. No doubt Doflamingo will think he'll need to deal with Luffy personally. Also, how else would Luffy get enough of a bounty increase for the time when Jinbe returns to join the crew other than defeating the most dangerous of the seven warlords?
    Last edited by EddyBob15; February 06, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops. I guess I misinterpreted what he said and thought he meant he considered Law a bigger threat than Luffy. But can you blame me? After all, the Straw Hats are anything but 'common' pirates. Still, I forgot all about Doflamingo's comment about bewaring Luffy because he has Conqueror's Haki. However, my theory that Luffy will ultimately defeat him can still stand based on that. No doubt Doflamingo will think he'll need to deal with Luffy personally. Also, how else would Luffy get enough of a bounty increase for the time when Jinbe returns to join the crew other than defeating the most dangerous of the seven warlords?
    I have no doubt that DD will be beaten by Luffy if the former ends up to be an arc "endboss".

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that DD will be beaten by Luffy if the former ends up to be an arc "endboss".
    Well, Dressrosa does seem to be Doflamingo's base, so does seem likely that he'll be the main antagonist of the next arc. The only question is, how will he escape from Aokiji?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Dressrosa does seem to be Doflamingo's base, so does seem likely that he'll be the main antagonist of the next arc. The only question is, how will he escape from Aokiji?
    Well, it depends on whether Aokiji´s personality changed or not. If he is still the same, i could imagine that he only saves Smoker and the G5 and lets DD go, he is not one who resorts to a fight unless it is absolutely necessary. From the "i overslept" we can assume that he is still the same but you can never know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it depends on whether Aokiji´s personality changed or not. If he is still the same, i could imagine that he only saves Smoker and the G5 and lets DD go, he is not one who resorts to a fight unless it is absolutely necessary. From the "i overslept" we can assume that he is still the same but you can never know.
    Well second possibility is that Doflamingo would turn around,notice Aokiji and goes like "Sh$t let me get the f$ck out of here...This is way too much for me!!!Peace!".
    But seriously i think the outcome will depend on Doflamingo's next move.He is kind of in a tight position right now.On one side if he chooses to let Smoker go it could seriously compromise his business with the Marines and the world government while on the other hand if he chooses the kill Smo-yan,Joker will have to deal with Kuzan's fury.So decision decision what will he do?Only the future will tale but i do hope we will get a fist exchange between those two.
    My personal opinion is that Doflamingo will probably let go of Smoker since he has way more bigger fish to catch.

Question: Do you guys think Smoker out of pride Smoker will go for a round two against DD?You know kind of like Rocky style train little bit then come back for
    more!?
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Well second possibility is that Doflamingo would turn around,notice Aokiji and goes like "Sh$t let me get the f$ck out of here...This is way too much for me!!!Peace!".
    But seriously i think the outcome will depend on Doflamingo's next move.He is kind of in a tight position right now.On one side if he chooses to let Smoker go it could seriously compromise his business with the Marines and the world government while on the other hand if he chooses the kill Smo-yan,Joker will have to deal with Kuzan's fury.So decision decision what will he do?Only the future will tale but i do hope we will get a fist exchange between those two.
    My personal opinion is that Doflamingo will probably let go of Smoker since he has way more bigger fish to catch.
    Man, he's finding himself in a bunch of undesirable situations lately. First Laws forces him chose between facing the threat of the Admirals and Kaido's wrath, now this!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Law will defeat Don Flamingo given the long history between the two.

Luffy will have another Arch-Enemy in the Dressora Arc - perhaps Kaido's right hand man.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfinitfx View Post
    I think Law will defeat Don Flamingo given the long history between the two.

Luffy will have another Arch-Enemy in the Dressora Arc - perhaps Kaido's right hand man.
    Vivi had more history with Croc than Luffy, both Ganfall and Viper had more history, Lola and her crew had more history, the entire FI including Jinbe had more history, in the end it was always Luffy who beat the main opponent in an arc

New Reply
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast