Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Initial D fifth stage

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial D fifth stage

I’m at episode 4 of the second stage.

Episode 4

I was very glad that Takumi defeated pony-tailed guy!! That guy was so presumptuous and mean, so I was glad that Takumi taught him a lesson of humility and to not judge a book by its cover nor underestimate your opponents.

About Mogi…poor Takumi! And I do wonder who sent him those notes.

And I know Mogi is not super bright but for her to just notice now that her relationship with Papa isn’t very normal…maybe she knew that from the start but didn’t want to accept it?
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I’m at episode 4 of the second stage.

Episode 4

I was very glad that Takumi defeated pony-tailed guy!! That guy was so presumptuous and mean, so I was glad that Takumi taught him a lesson of humility and to not judge a book by its cover nor underestimate your opponents.

About Mogi…poor Takumi! And I do wonder who sent him those notes.

And I know Mogi is not super bright but for her to just notice now that her relationship with Papa isn’t very normal…maybe she knew that from the start but didn’t want to accept it?
    I was wondering about the notes too - I kind of thought maybe it was older guy initially. But I'm not sure on what to make of this... and there are too many questions to answer...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I was wondering about the notes too - I kind of thought maybe it was older guy initially. But I'm not sure on what to make of this... and there are too many questions to answer...
    I also thought that it was Papa who was sending those notes, but then when the X man phoned Takumi, Papa was at the restaurant with Mogi so it couldn’t have been him. So…we don’t get an answer about who sent Takumi those notes?

And…I know Takumi was very upset after seeing Papa and Mogi at the restaurant but racing like that is not a good idea so I really think he is going to lose against bandana guy.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I also thought that it was Papa who was sending those notes, but then when the X man phoned Takumi, Papa was at the restaurant with Mogi so it couldn’t have been him. So…we don’t get an answer about who sent Takumi those notes?

And…I know Takumi was very upset after seeing Papa and Mogi at the restaurant but racing like that is not a good idea so I really think he is going to lose against bandana guy.
    You're right , yup. Just wait until you get to stage 4. It has some awesome races.
    I kind of wished I watched the extra stages. Can you Pm me good place to watch the movie? The one I tried to watch had a lot of failed links - too bothersome...

Regarding the note - a maybe a "good friend" stepped in. That was the other thought I had but we're not going to find the answer's here (maybe in the manga it was shown?).

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right , yup. Just wait until you get to stage 4. It has some awesome races.
    I so can’t wait to get there, especially because there is the possibility of Bunta vs. Takumi.

Quote Quote:
    I kind of wished I watched the extra stages. Can you Pm me good place to watch the movie? The one I tried to watch had a lot of failed links - too bothersome...
    The extra stages are OVAs or movies? And I’ll look for a good site where you can watch the extra stages, once I find it I’ll pm to you.

Quote Quote:
    Regarding the note - a maybe a "good friend" stepped in. That was the other thought I had but we're not going to find the answer's here (maybe in the manga it was shown?).
    I ruled out the friend possibility because none of Takumi’s friends knew about Mogi’s relationship with Papa. And…for some reason I have a feeling it was a girl, maybe it was Mogi’s friend? Or maybe it was Mogi’s ex? Because I think she was with someone at school before she started going out with Takumi.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I so can’t wait to get there, especially because there is the possibility of Bunta vs. Takumi.

The extra stages are OVAs or movies? And I’ll look for a good site where you can watch the extra stages, once I find it I’ll pm to you.

I ruled out the friend possibility because none of Takumi’s friends knew about Mogi’s relationship with Papa. And…for some reason I have a feeling it was a girl, maybe it was Mogi’s friend? Or maybe it was Mogi’s ex? Because I think she was with someone at school before she started going out with Takumi.
    I meant the movie -

Yeah it could have been her friend or someone that saw here being with the old man.
    It was a really touching scene when she was devastated by Takumi's rejection of her.
    It was very emotional - felt sad for her.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant the movie –
    Ah okay.

Quote Quote:
    It was a really touching scene when she was devastated by Takumi's rejection of her.
    It was very emotional - felt sad for her.
    I haven’t gotten that far yet…so I’ll pretend I didn’t read that.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah okay.

I haven’t gotten that far yet
    …so I’ll pretend I didn’t read that.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6

- Poor Takumi and Poor Panda Trueno.

- I knew Takumi was going to lose and I had a feeling that something wrong was going to happen with the engine but knowing that didn’t make me feel any better. Seeing Takumi crying was so painful to watch. Poor Takumi, first his girl and now his car!

- R.I.P. AE86. I know it is a car, but I was sad about it, especially after finding out how special the engine really was. I didn’t know Takumi’s dad had built that engine.

- Takumi’s dad is great!!! Such an awesome dad!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 02, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6

- Poor Takumi and Poor Panda Trueno.

- I knew Takumi was going to lose and I had a feeling that something wrong was going to happen with the engine but knowing that didn’t make me feel any better. Seeing Takumi crying was so painful to watch. Poor Takumi, first his girl and now his car!

- R.I.P. AE86. I know it is a car, but I was sad about it, especially after finding out how special the engine really was. I didn’t know Takumi’s dad had built that engine.

- Takumi’s dad is great!!! Such an awesome dad!

Yup that was sad to watch since he was trying hard to not give and go for the win.
    It sucked that it was keep getting hinted that it was going to happen every time they showed the scene of the engine.

I didn't know that his dad built the engine either.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup that was sad to watch since he was trying hard to not give and go for the win.
    And it was sadder because of the reason behind that race, he was racing to try to release that anger, frustration and pain after finding out that Natsuki had cheated on him. And then he realized what he had done, he realized that he had destroyed his precious car, a car that was very special to his dad.

Quote Quote:
    It sucked that it was keep getting hinted that it was going to happen every time they showed the scene of the engine.
    Yeah, those scenes were announcing the car’s imminent death.

Quote Quote:
    I didn't know that his dad built the engine either.
    Well…Takumi said it, he said it when he was talking to his dad while they were towing the car.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

And it was sadder because of the reason behind that race, he was racing to try to release that anger, frustration and pain after finding out that Natsuki had cheated on him. And then he realized what he had done, he realized that he had destroyed his precious car, a car that was very special to his dad.

Yeah, those scenes were announcing the car’s imminent death.

Well…Takumi said it, he said it when he was talking to his dad while they were towing the car.

Oh right, I remember the scene but not the specifics. It was very touching that the dad came and picked him up as well.
    They're connection / understanding each other is really good. I like how Takumi is constantly improving.

Well... season 5 for me and thanks for the moive links Des - gona grab some food and watch in a few minutes.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    It was very touching that the dad came and picked him up as well.
    That was very touching indeed. For a moment there I thought that the one inside the truck was Ryousuke but when I saw that it was Takumi’s dad . I liked Takumi’s dad before but that moment and their conversation inside the truck made me like Bunta even more.

Quote Quote:
    They're connection / understanding each other is really good.
    Their relationship is very cool, they are not overly sweet but they really care for each other a lot! Btw…where is Takumi’s mom? Did she die when Takumi was a child?

Quote Quote:
    I like how Takumi is constantly improving.
    Yeah, I like that too. I also think that losing the race against Sado was a good thing for Takumi, as Bunta said it as well. Failure can become your best teacher and can help you realize and appreciate things and not take them for granted and I think losing that race is going to help Takumi in that way.

Quote Quote:
    Well... season 5 for me and thanks for the moive links Des - gona grab some food and watch in a few minutes.

You’re welcome! And I’m glad you enjoyed watching it.

Episode 8

- Ryousuke!! I’m so glad that he won the race against Sado. I don’t dislike Sado but I do think he needed a lesson in humility as well. He was becoming too arrogant and overconfident.

- The AE86 has been resurrected!! And wow…that car is powerfully vicious. I can’t imagine how fast it is now to hurt Bunta’s leg like that. I can’t wait for Takumi to drive it.

- Another AE86 has appeared…

- Mogi…Takumi is very mad so it will take a lot for Mogi to win him back.

- Itsuki…he is not very bright or cool but he sure is an incredible friend.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the Itsuki in the Taiwan drift movie - he was awesome btw.
    Also got to agree with you and Takumi's father. If you're perfect in everything then , you leave yourself with no room for any growth.
    Last edited by Charlie; December 04, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the Itsuki in the Taiwan drift movie - he was awesome btw.
    Other than that the sunglasses, I don’t remember him very well…but I do remember that he was funny.

Quote Quote:
    Also got to agree with you and Takumi's father. If you perfect in everything then , you leave yourself with no room for any growth.
    And that was what was happening with Takumi, he was winning every race so he was kind of becoming overconfident and wasn’t trying to give his all to improve himself and learn more things.

30. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast