Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 120

Thread: Initial D fifth stage

  1. #16
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    You guys are really tempting me to watch the whole series from the very beginning. ^^
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    that's the plan
    initial D is legend, it's kinda part of my childhood and it's really popular. But i still can't believe many people on this forum don't watch it.
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #18
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    You guys are really tempting me to watch the whole series from the very beginning. ^^

    Only - if you have time - you need to watch a lot of things so - do those first.


  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #19
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    This anime is really a dope, like scav said. I watched the first and second stage two days ago, and may catch up with this one during weekend. A great racing anime indeed. Well, the manga is just fine too.

  8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #20
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    that's the plan
    Your plan worked, I have succumbed to temptation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaali View Post
    Only - if you have time - you need to watch a lot of things so - do those first.
    I’m going to catch up with ID as much as time allows me to. And I was going to catch up with that series you recommended me Tonari but I guess now I will have to find time to catch up with both series.

    Spoiler show


    ---------- Post added November 07, 2012 at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2012 at 08:59 PM ----------

    So I watched the first episode of the first stage and it was very cool but now I have a question…

    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #21
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Spoiler show
    nope he didn't really feign ignorance, he was an ignorant xD and as far as i remember Takumi only did the deliveries but never a race. It's not like he really liked it and he wasn't into car racing. As to be afraid i guess it was his first time on the passenger seat xD watch more and you'll understand
    Last edited by scav; November 07, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #22
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    nope he didn't really feign ignorance, he was an ignorant xD and as far as i remember Takumi only did the deliveries but never a race. It's not like he really liked it and he wasn't into car racing
    Thank you for answering my question, scav-kun! And yeah, you’re right, driving for him was just part of his job and it wasn’t something fun for him; moreover, he had never participated in a race before racing against Keisuke. And since I’ve mentioned that race, it was great! I was rooting for Takumi the whole time. Takumi is an awesome driver and what I like the most about him is that driving is something natural to him; he is not arrogant about it even though he is so great. I also liked how the real motivation for beating Keisuke was not fame or glory it was a full tank of gas and his date with Mogi.

    Quote Quote:
    As to be afraid i guess it was his first time on the passenger seat xD
    Well…at least he didn’t pass out like Iketani-senpai.

    About the new competitor, the music that plays every time that black car appears is hilarious!!

    About Takumi’s dad…I don’t know if it happens in the future but I sure would love to see Takumi racing against his dad, I’m really curious about who would be the winner in that race.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 08, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #23
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    yup im also re-watching atm, im at the episode 14 of the first stage And Ikatani passing out was hilarious.
    for his dad it would be interesting if they race later at the end of the manga but so far he learned everything thank to his dad. seems like you're really watching it fast, where are you at?

    ---------- Post added November 10, 2012 at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was November 09, 2012 at 06:02 PM ----------

    episode 16 sooo funny and soooo sad

    ---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

    at the end of episode 19 --> i wanna kill itsuki

    ---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

    episode 20, so sad. iketani you baka
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #24
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Episode 2 raw is already out - havent seen the subs.


  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #25
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    they announced 2 episodes per month so i didn't think we would have an episode this week
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  20. #26
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    they announced 2 episodes per month so i didn't think we would have an episode this week
    Maybe the subs are out already - haven't checked since watching the raw.

    Spoiler: ep 2 show


  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #27
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Spoiler show
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  23. #28
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    yup im also re-watching atm, im at the episode 14 of the first stage And Ikatani passing out was hilarious.
    for his dad it would be interesting if they race later at the end of the manga but so far he learned everything thank to his dad. seems like you're really watching it fast, where are you at?

    ---------- Post added November 10, 2012 at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was November 09, 2012 at 06:02 PM ----------

    episode 16 sooo funny and soooo sad

    ---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

    at the end of episode 19 --> i wanna kill itsuki

    ---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

    episode 20, so sad. iketani you baka
    Wow…you are fast!! You finished the fist season in the blink of an eye, I have just watched until episode 9. Btw, I’m a bit embarrassed to ask this because to you boys this might seem like a silly question but….what is the difference between drift driving and grip driving? I do get what drift driving is but I’m not all that clear about grip driving…

    And the more I watch the more I like Takumi and the Takashi brothers.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  25. #29
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Well when you start initial D it's kinda hard to stop, that's why i watched it fast. beside i wanna start the 4th stage fast, it's my favorite hurry up and catch up with me
    heh it's hard to me to explain it in english but basically grip driving is sticking to the road and turning, you brake, you turn and you accelerate. drifting is holding the tires, slipping and doing large angles. generally on drifting you attack turns at an higher speed than grip but the recovery time is bigger. but like i said that's just generally, it's not always the case. everything depend of the car, the setting and the driver. On another sided definition grip is simply going around the track as fast as possible while drifting is all about doing large angle while slipping
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  27. #30
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Initial D fifth stage

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    Well when you start initial D it's kinda hard to stop, that's why i watched it fast. beside i wanna start the 4th stage fast, it's my favorite hurry up and catch up with me
    I can’t catch up with you; you’re too fast for me. If ID’s terms, you are Takumi and I’m Kenji.

    Quote Quote:
    heh it's hard to me to explain it in english but basically grip driving is sticking to the road and turning, you brake, you turn and you accelerate. drifting is holding the tires, slipping and doing large angles. generally on drifting you attack turns at an higher speed than grip but the recovery time is bigger. but like i said that's just generally, it's not always the case. everything depend of the car, the setting and the driver. On another sided definition grip is simply going around the track as fast as possible while drifting is all about doing large angle while slipping
    Thank you for the explanation! I understand things better now, especially Takumi’s race against the NK driver whose name I can't recall atm (Nakao?).
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  28. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts