Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Initial D fifth stage

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial D fifth stage

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Mhm - hard to say for me because it can go both ways. One thing for sure is that it adds to the interest level for me.
    Yeah, I agree. And that is why I’m looking forward to see how their relationship develops. Plus, Takumi seems to have fallen fast and hard, while the girl…I think she likes him but I don’t think she is in love with him. And I wonder how she will react once she finds out that he is a road racer and how will Takumi handle the fact that the girl he likes is very famous.

Quote Quote:
    In one way - them both having the goals / desires to achieve something big can work in their favor and I found it interesting that they both improved somewhat while practicing.
    They are both prodigies! They are both so great at what they do. I don’t see Takumi getting interested in golfing but I can see the possibility of her getting interested in racing.

Quote Quote:
    Takumis dad was a good laugh when he said it was a woman xDDDD.
    He knows Takumi very well.

Quote Quote:
    While the girls dad - was wondering what was going on.
    Btw, I wonder if the dad will oppose to the relationship…

Quote Quote:
    You are so awesome but you could have helped me a little with a link there Destiny. Now I have to go and search for this great thread.
    Gomen, gomen! I thought you had already visited that thread and that you already knew where it was. Here’s the link.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

where are you at with the first season des-chan?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t passed episode 11, so yeah, episodes 11 is where I am atm. I guess it will take longer than I thought to finish stage 1. Have you started stage 2?

MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

nope i didn't. As i said above been very busy this week, i didn't watch or read anything. deadlines everywhere
    And i don't think i'll start the stage 2 this week end even thought im tempted

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    And i don't think i'll start the stage 2 this week end even thought im tempted
    Well…reading that gives me a bit more hope that you won’t leave me that far behind. ^^ Although, I have a feeling once you have a bit more free time you will finish stage 2 as fast as you did stage 1.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

that's true, once i start i can't stop i enjoy sitting and watching a lot of episodes in a row. that's why i avoid to begin watching it, until i finish my paper
    you should try it too, watching a lot in a row

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the girl knows he's somewhat famous? Correct me if I'm wrong Des/ Scav? When she slapped him didn't she mention somethig about him being famous? Although my memory is not always accurate...

It would be interesting if Takumi took up golf xD but I think u called it right.

I can also see her dad being an opposing factor, especially since this level of racing is dangerous.

I'm ready for the next episode. Scav catch up fast.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    you should try it too, watching a lot in a row
    I would like to try but I can’t. Not enough time to do that.

Btw, I watched episode 12. That new driver is horrible!! He is so arrogant and mean, but he is a good driver, he has talent. I’m looking forward to the race between Takumi and him; since the new guy is really good I don’t think Takumi will beat him easily, it will be a tough battle.

Sometimes Itsuki can be a bit annoying but during this episode I found him a bit adorable, I liked how excited he was about Mogi’s friend. Itsuki is already in love…maybe I’m wrong but I already see heartbreak on the horizon…

Iketani in the passenger’s seat was hilarious, he was so afraid that he couldn’t learn anything from Takumi.

And Takumi’s dad has a lot of experience about women, he is able to recognize whether a girl is cute or not just by the voice.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

I believe the girl knows he's somewhat famous? Correct me if I'm wrong Des/ Scav? When she slapped him didn't she mention somethig about him being famous? Although my memory is not always accurate...
    You are right! She already knows he is a road racer…I’m not all that sure if she knows he is a very popular/famous racer, but she does know about Takumi being a racer. And …I remember a scene about a magazine featuring the girl but I don’t remember if Takumi got to see said magazine…does Takumi already know about the girl being a famous golfer?

Quote Quote:
    I can also see her dad being an opposing factor, especially since this level of racing is dangerous.
    Yeah, it would be dangerous because she could get physically hurt and because being with a road racer could hurt her reputation as a golfer as well.

---------- Post added November 17, 2012 at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was November 16, 2012 at 09:18 PM ----------

Episode 13 – Stage 1
    Poor Itsuki. His first date was going so well and then he ruined it by trying to kiss the girl and misreading the mood and then that Shiji (?) guy appeared and made things worse, he even sent Itsuki to the hospital. And I like what a great friend Takumi is , I really hope he defeats that mean racer from the NK.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she knows hes a famous racer too - cuz when she slapped him she said something to the likes of hes using his fame or whatever.

Mhm - you know what destiny, I'll join you on episode 14. Have you watched it yet?

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she knows hes a famous racer too - cuz when she slapped him she said something to the likes of hes using his fame or whatever.
    Tbh, the only thing I remember is her slapping him and being furious because he had supposedly hurt her friend but I think you are right, I mean Takumi is very popular by now, right? He is waaaaaaay more popular than he was in Stage 1, right? So I guess the one that is ignorant about the other’s popularity and fame is Takumi, because he is not aware of her being such an important golf player, or is he?

Quote Quote:
    Mhm - you know what destiny, I'll join you on episode 14. Have you watched it yet?
    You’re joining me? Yay! And no, I haven’t watched it yet, but I can’t wait to watch it! The race promises to be an awesome one!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Tbh, the only thing I remember is her slapping him and being furious because he had supposedly hurt her friend but I think you are right, I mean Takumi is very popular by now, right? He is waaaaaaay more popular than he was in Stage 1, right? So I guess the one that is ignorant about the other’s popularity and fame is Takumi, because he is not aware of her being such an important golf player, or is he?

You’re joining me? Yay! And no, I haven’t watched it yet, but I can’t wait to watch it! The race promises to be an awesome one!
    Ah - seeing the raw for that I remember vaguely she said something about him using his fame to take advantage of her friend. At least according to my recollections.
    In the mean time - I'll watch stage one episode 13. Let me know when you're going to watch it. You know - there are several ways to do this...

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm too tired to reply at your comments right now. after working all day I missed the deadline of my project by 1h
    But finally SOME FREE TIME

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah - seeing the raw for that I remember vaguely she said something about him using his fame to take advantage of her friend. At least according to my recollections.
    I re-watched that part and you are totally right! She knows he is part of Project D and she accused him of playing with her friend just because he is a little famous. So she knows about Takumi being a road racer and a famous one.

Quote Quote:
    In the mean time - I'll watch stage one episode 13. Let me know when you're going to watch it.
    Episode 14 is ready so I’m going to watch it in a couple of minutes. 

Quote Quote:
    You know - there are several ways to do this...
    Which one you suggest then ^^.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 17, 2012 at 09:01 PM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Episode 14 is ready so I’m going to watch it in a couple of minutes. 

Which one you suggest then ^^.
    Staph it you're making me blush loading up episode 14 - I'm ready to go whenever you are.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Staph it you're making me blush loading up episode 14 - I'm ready to go whenever you are.
    I’m already watching it...

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast