Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
I'm waiting for you guys on Stage 5 !!
So the race is still on?! I wonder who will finish first…
---------- Post added December 06, 2012 at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2012 at 08:52 PM ----------
Episodes 9 and 10
- I would have never thought that the reunion between a boy and his car would be that touching, but it sure was. The reunion between Takumi and the 86 was very touching.
- Kazumi, I like her. She is very cool and I like how she defended Takumi and Itsuki when her brother became all angry and rude. And…I haven’t become a total fangirl but I do like Kazumi x Itzuki. ^_^
- Kazumi’s brother…I don’t like him. As Kazumi mentioned it, he changes when the topic of racing is involved, he becomes competitive, rude and thinks everyone looks down on him because of his car. But I did like how he helped Takumi realized that the 86’s engine was powerful and how he helped Takumi figured out why the engine was “slow” and “lacking power”.
---------- Post added December 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was December 06, 2012 at 09:41 PM ----------
- This episode officially turned me into a Kazuki x Itzuki fangirl. Itzuki was so cool in this episode. Cool is not usually the word I would use to describe Itzuki, but he was very cool in this episode. The way he acted towards Kazuki and how awesome he was with her made him gain big points with me. Too bad it seems Kazuki will have to leave Itzuki soon…
- And the 86’s power has been unleashed!! I can’t wait to see it in action.
Stage 5 - raws 3 & 4 are up!
I’ve finally finished watching the second stage!
About the last episode…the scenes between Itsuki and Kazuki were very sweet and touching, especially the good-bye scene. The scene of Itsuki crying inside his car and I guess regretting not telling Kazuki that he loved her were very moving and sad. I do think he should have told her how he felt. And I know Kazuki kind of said that she liked Itsuki as a little brother but I think she liked him more than that, she liked him as a man. And Itsuki goes back to be a “lonely driver”. I really liked the Itsuki x Kazuki pairing so I was sad that it ended like that.
About the race between the 86s…it was cool, but I wasn’t totally captivated by it. However, I liked the fact that Takumi was finally able to understand how his new 86 works and he can now drive it like before, drive it naturally.
About Mogi getting a new job…I’m not a Mogi x Takumi fan but I like how she is taking the first steps to change her life and to win Takumi’s heart back.
---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------
Now it’s time to start watching the extra stage and since it's about Mako and her friend I’m looking forward to them very much.
---------- Post added December 16, 2012 at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was December 15, 2012 at 07:30 PM ----------
Extra Stage 1
- Mako and Sayuki were very cool in these episodes, especially Mako. Mako was awesome!!
- Why didn’t you call Mako and apologize, Iketani?!! Mako is still in love with Iketani but because he didn’t call her after that night, she thought that that was a sign that he wasn’t interested in her.
- Nakazato is usually so serious that I was surprised to find out that he is a pervy, and it seems he has a soft spot for strong girls so he fell quite hard for Sayuki, Mako’s friend who is also Shingo’s childhood friend.
- Even though these two eps didn’t focus on Takumi, they were very enjoyable. It was nice to learn more about the Impact Blue duo.
---------- Post added December 22, 2012 at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was December 16, 2012 at 05:04 PM ----------
One of the things that catches my attention the most with each stage is how different the characters look in every stage; especially Takumi, Ryousuke and Keisuke.
I enjoyed watching this stage a lot!!
While I did enjoy Takumi vs. Kyouichi, my favorite race was Tamuki vs. Kai. That race was incredible! The In-Air hairpin jumps were something cool and unexpected and they made the race all the more intense. I also liked how Kai’s dad had been Bunta’s rival in the past; it added an extra something to the race.
Mogi…I was never a huge fan of hers, but she gained big points with me during this episode. Her love for Takumi truly changed her and made her a better person. I thought the Christmas party she prepared for Takumi was something very sweet and that handmade 86 was so cute!!
Miki…that guy was despicable!! And I don’t know if I understood it correctly, but I think he is “Papa’s” son…
I was so glad and relieved that Takumi was able to save Mogi from that horrible guy. And Takumi racing in the snow was awesome!
Takumi finally found his dream, he wants to be a professional racer and to achieve that dream he has joined Ryousuke’s team!
I can’t wait to watch the next stages!
Last edited by destiny4ever; December 22, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Subs for Stage 5 - episodes have been out for a couple days or so.
Episode 3 and 4
- I liked golf girl and Takumi’s interactions, they look good together. I don’t know if the info is correct but it seems
- About the races, they were cool ; but for some reason, I wasn’t greatly captivated by them and maybe that is why I remember them vaguely. I remember they were cool but I don’t remember most of the details about those races. But what I do remember clearly is the existence of a “Takumi zone”. ^^
---------- Post added January 05, 2013 at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was December 30, 2012 at 06:14 PM ----------
It was great! Reliving every one of the races was incredible! I knew what it was going to happen and yet I was just as excited as when I watched them for the first time. Plus, it was nice to see Takumi’s journey one more time. Now that I have finished the Battle Stage I’m going to begin watching the Fourth Stage.
P.S. Watching how the art changes throughout this series has been pretty interesting. So far my favorite art style is the one from the Third Stage.
---------- Post added January 07, 2013 at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was January 05, 2013 at 06:02 PM ----------
So I’ve started watching the fourth stage and wow!!!! The first two episodes were amazing!!
Project D is unbelievable!! That gutter trick, the one that was adapted from Takumi’s gutter run was incredible! It left me speechless when I watched it. And it was shown that it is not as easy as it looks since the other guy tried to do it but horribly failed at it.
The first two episodes were already this good, I can’t wait to watch the rest!
Episode 5 and 6 raws are out
5 is subbed
Due to lack of time, I put ID on hold but thankfully I have had a bit more free time lately so I have been able to put ID back to my current anime list.
Season 4/ Act 3
It is so great seeing Takumi become a better driver with each race, it is also pretty cool seeing Takumi mature through racing. As Takumi’s dad noticed, Project D has been a good thing for him, he seems more mature since he has joined Project D.
About episode 3, I can’t wait to watch that race! The Todou School seems like a very good racing school and it doesn’t seem Takumi’s opponent will be an easy one to beat. I’m also very curious about the two things that Ryousuke said to Takumi over the phone…
---------- Post added March 04, 2013 at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2013 at 05:14 PM ----------
This episode was amazing!! It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Takumi is such an awesome driver and he looks so hot when he is serious and concentrated. There were moments when I thought that Takumi was going to get passed for sure but then he somehow managed to avoid getting passed by his opponent.
The two pieces of advice that Ryousuke gave to Takumi were great and they showed us just how intelligent and insightful Ryousuke is. And Takumi getting all happy because he was able to live up to Ryousuke’s expectations of him was very cute.
I’m definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Last edited by destiny4ever; March 03, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
I;ve always thought that Ryousukes insight abilities were a bit over the top. I mean he does the research and all be fore hand but it does seem a bit hax or godly at times.
Not that I'm complaining really....
It doesnt seem to be the case though ... I would love to see his strategy fail or not be so ever perfect....
I forgot to mention about Stage 5: Episodes 7 & 8 xDDD. Well they're out and subbed
Episodes 9 & 10 raws are out.
Fourth Stage – Act 6
What a great episode!!! The blind spot attack was very interesting. I liked how Takumi learned a new technique.
Takumi is amazing, he was able to defeat a professional racer and he even managed to learn from him while racing him.
It was also nice how Ryousuke had some problem deciding on a winning strategy against Tomoyuki. This time it wasn’t as easy for Ryousuke either. I also liked how he didn’t give Takumi all the necessary advice in order to win, that means Ryousuke didn’t have all the answers and he was depending on Takumi to figure out a way to win the race on his own. Maybe I’m wrong but I think because of his unorthodox way of racing Takumi has an advantage even over Ryosuke and Keisuke.
Ryosuke is a big tsundere but I liked how after seeing Tomoyuki receiving a big hug from his “coach”, he went and gave Takumi a pat on the back. I thought that pat was really meaningful and it was a nice moment between Takumi and Ryousuke.
---------- Post added March 20, 2013 at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was March 09, 2013 at 08:25 PM ----------
What an awesome episode!!!
Takumi vs. Bunta was incredible! At the beginning of the episode I had a slight hunch that the blue car might be Bunta but then when the scene changed to the kitchen I was completely sure it was him! This was the first time that I didn’t root for Takumi; I was rooting for Bunta the whole time during that race. Bunta is so amazing!!
Takumi has evolved into a better driver and this episode really showed us that, but there’s still a long way to go before he can surpass his dad.
Btw, Bunta’s new car is very cool!
About the rest of the episode, it was very nice to see how Takumi has become a better driver and how he can now understand how a car works better than before, he has improved a lot!
The mean fatty’s extreme-ultra-super–late- braking was hilarious . I was very glad that Takumi was able to defeat that mean fatty, and he did it with Itsuki’s 85!!! Takumi is awesome!
Looking forward to the next episode!!
---------- Post added March 29, 2013 at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was March 20, 2013 at 09:04 PM ----------
Kyoko could not bring to tell her love interest, Keisuke, about how she feels about him. Meanwhile, Nobuhiko Akiyama is chasing after the Eight-Six with his Altezza only to behold the shocking driving techniques Project D's downhill ace, Takumi, can perform.
Acts 8 and 9
- Great episodes!
- Kyoko’s crush on Keisuke was adorable! And it is quite understandable why she fell for him. Kyoko is a very brave girl since she was able to confess her feelings to Keisuke even though she is a shy girl.
- Keisuke…he is a good guy and it seems he does like Kyoko. And although I understand why he broke Kyoko’s heart like that, I still think he shouldn’t have been so harsh on her, he made poor Kyoko cry.
- I don’t know if it is admiration or jealousy, but Keisuke is very aware of Takumi’s talent and how awesome of a driver Takumi is.
- I’m very curious about Nobuhiko’s secret weapon and plan to defeat Takumi; I wonder what was that he showed his friends at the end of ep 9.
---------- Post added April 04, 2013 at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was March 29, 2013 at 06:15 PM ----------
- Kyoyo is so adorable! The scene in her car, the one in which Keisuke was sleeping was so sweet.
- And I guess Bunta doesn’t want for Takumi to know about his new car because he doesn’t want for Takumi to find out that he was the one driving that blue car, that he was the one who defeated him a few days ago.
- And…wow…that red car is amazing! And the driver is just as crazy and fast as Takumi. 86 vs. red car promises to be an awesome battle! I’m so looking forward to it!
---------- Post added April 28, 2013 at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was April 04, 2013 at 11:08 PM ----------
- New OP. It was a cool opening. I liked it, but my favorite is still the Dogfight one. That OP was simply awesome!
- That red car and its driver were amazing! They were so fast; Takumi had a hard time keeping up with them. I like the races where Takumi doesn’t win the battles so easily and this one has been like that.
- I liked how this episode showed that Ryousuke can also make mistakes, that he doesn’t have all the answers and that he can be wrong sometimes. Another thing that I liked was how Ryousuke admitted that he puts on a façade of confidence and calmness but deep inside he freaks out and is worried every time Project D races against another racing team.
- As Keisuke said…at least I think he was the one who said, it is ironic that what gave Takumi the advantage in other races is the very thing that caused him trouble in this battle and that in order to win he will need to not rely on his cornering skills; he will need to use another strategy if he wants to win.
Last edited by destiny4ever; March 20, 2013 at 09:12 PM.