Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bellamy

1 1.96%
  • Shiki

50 98.04%
Thread Closed

Thread: First Round 39. (Bellamy vs Shiki)

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

First Round 39. (Bellamy vs Shiki)

First Round 39.

Bellamy

VS.

Shiki

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round 39. (Bellamy vs Shiki)

Well, I would give this to Shiki. He was Roger's enemy at some point and no matter how we look at it, Bellamy wasn't that impressive. Of course he might be stronger than pre-timeskip Franky or Brook, but still for the likes of Shiki he seems to be nothing.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiki is another one of the legends of the past. He fought Sengoku and Garp, and Roger, there's no way that Bellamy could even dream of taking him on. Shiki wins, easily I might add.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets see how Bellamy hops around after Shiki drops an island on him..

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Jorge D. Dragon. I know Bellamy isn't exactly fodder, but pre-timeskip Franky & Brook IMO is stronger than Bellamy, especially Franky.

Franky took down a CP9 member, with the main trouble being that he needed cola. Furthermore, he was also winning while fighting Luffy for a bit, although Luffy wasn't particularly serious. Bellamy on the other hand was just one-shotted.

There is no way Bellamy can win this, especially since Shiki could fight Luffy & the strawhats so well.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

The battle of the legs... but seriously, poor Bellamy got no chance here. If Shiki wasn't seen as aged guy, he'd maybe even have potential to get to the final, I think.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

minimz
    Well, after defeating CP9 member (one of the weakest) he only got 44 million Bounty, while the same Bellamy had 50 or more if I'm not mistaken... And well, Luffy was obviously not serious, when he fought Franky, while he was very, very serious, when he fought Bellamy.
    Also the same Luffy would have taken Fukurou even before inventing his Gears, IMHO. He is far weaker than Bruno, so no way it's a really big fit for Franky. And Brook... I really doubt he would take Bellamy that easily...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't seen the movie,but I did read chapter 565,5,and he was an emperor or something like that (dunno if "emperors" existed before the pirate king's age). bellamy is trash

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    minimz
    Well, after defeating CP9 member (one of the weakest) he only got 44 million Bounty, while the same Bellamy had 50 or more if I'm not mistaken... And well, Luffy was obviously not serious, when he fought Franky, while he was very, very serious, when he fought Bellamy.
    Also the same Luffy would have taken Fukurou even before inventing his Gears, IMHO. He is far weaker than Bruno, so no way it's a really big fit for Franky. And Brook... I really doubt he would take Bellamy that easily...
    Franky and his gang beat the living hell out of Usopp, it was personal, he was serious.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    Franky and his gang beat the living hell out of Usopp, it was personal, he was serious.
    Exactly. Although it's clear that Luffy is stronger than Franky, Franky put up a fight back then.

If Franky can beat up Nero and Fukurou, I think it's safe to say he can take on fast opponents considering they both use Soru. Even if they are weak CP9's, his Douriki was only 20 below Blueno's, it's not that much. In fact, that's the same difference between Kaku and Jyrabura. I do agree that Luffy could take them both out mano e mano, without gears given that Luffy was pissed, and had a lot of time. But in that situation, i.e. if Luffy wanted to beat either one of them fast, gear 2nd would be needed.

I'm not sure if that was Bellamy's first wanted poster, but it was Franky's first. Furthermore, we have been constantly reminded that wanted posters are not an absolute measure of strength. I seriously doubt a pissed off Luffy could 1 hit KO Franky without gear 2nd the way Bellamy was knocked out.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Nero isn't a CP9 member. He was a candidate, since he didn't master all the 6 techs, thus he didn't even have 500 Doriki that is a minimum for Rokushiki Master and a requirement to enter CP9, so defeating such a guy isn't a real feat. Defeating Fukurou is another thing...
    Well, the diferense between Bruno and Fukurou is indeed only 20 Doriki, but you should remember that Luffy made a fodder treatment on Bruno with his Gear 2. He only needed to land one or two Jet Pistols and it was over, while Franky had really hard time against Fukurou... He actually barely won against him.

Well, wanted posters aren't an acurate measurements of strength, but in most of the cases it really is true. Even though I'm sure that tons of people won't agree with me, but there are less exeptions like Robin and Kidd's crew who get their bounties due not to their strength, but to their actions. Bounties show the threat to the WG, but normally a person is a threat due to its strength. Only several individuals get it due to a different reason. Robin can translate the language of poneglyphs, Kidd hurts civilians, but people like Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Pekoms and most of the bountyheads we know get their bounties because of their strength.

Thread Closed