Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamisama Hajimemashita

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Synopsis

Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwittingly taken over his job as a local deity!

Nanami has all kinda of new responsibilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's... actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do?

(Source: Viz Media)

Alternative Titles

English: Kamisama Kiss
    Synonyms: Kami-sama Hajimemashita, Kami-sama Kiss
    Japanese: 神様はじめました

Information
    Type: TV
    Episodes: 13
    Aired: Oct 2, 2012 to ?
    Producers: TMS Entertainment, FUNimation EntertainmentL
    Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Shoujo, Supernatural
    Duration: 24 min. per episode
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Japanese cast
    Spoiler show

Japanese staff
    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamisama Hajimemashita

Watched the first 5 episodes and I liked it. This series reminds me of Fruits Basket, Special A and Inuyasha.

The female lead is hilarious and while she is not very complex as a character I hope her character develops more as the series progresses.

So far the story is lighthearted romantic comedy with a lot of fantasy elements. I have read some comments by the fans of the manga and they say the plot and the character get better as the story progresses so I’m looking forward to the next episodes.

---------- Post added November 07, 2012 at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

Episode 6

The first part of the episode was funny, Tomoe as Nanami was priceless!

The second part of the episode was very interesting and revealing, we got a glimpse of Tomoe’s past. He had a dark past; he was part of a group that destroyed villages and attacked people. A bloodthirsty king was also mentioned in this episode; I suppose he was Tomoe gang leader back then. I can’t wait to learn more about Tomoe’s past.

I really like Nanami and this episode made me like her even more. It was expected of her to feel frightened when she saw Tomoe from the present, Tomoe from the past was scary, his gaze was cold, even his touch was cold. However, as soon as she felt present Tomoe’s warm and gentle touch she realized that Tomoe from the past is not who Tomoe is now, they are completely different. I like how she didn’t allow for Tomoe’s past to taint her feelings for him.

Looking forward to the next episode!

P.S. I hope Tomoe doesn’t cut his hair, because long-haired Tomoe is .
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 07, 2012 at 09:17 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~

Ups, sorry. That's my reaction whenever I see Tomoe.

Finally there's a thread for this anime! I wanted to create one but due to being busy, I never got to do it, but now it's here! Thanks to destiny4ever!

I reaaaaally love the manga. So when I heard that they adapted it into anime, I was sooooo happy!!!
    Up until now, the anime doesn't disappoint me and I hope it never will! The anime is rather fast-paced but I like it. And to see Tomoe and hear his voice... Kyaaa~
    Well, of course Nanami is also a great heroine (and pretty badass too sometimes).

Tomoe with a long hair is such a bishie, no? (not that him in short hair is not a bishie, but I personally think he looks more badass with long hair) Sadly, he does not often wear his hair long. I guess he prefer his hair to be short. But I'm glad that in the entire episode 06, his hair is long... but, it will go back to short in the next eps. :cry But well, it won't be the last time we see Tomoe with long hair.

I guess I got to stop rambling now or I'll spoil things.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Tomoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~

Ups, sorry. That's my reaction whenever I see Tomoe.
    Yukihime-chan!!!!! That was my reaction when I saw your post in this thread! I’m so glad to find out that you’re also watching this series!

Okay now that I have said that I can agree and say: Tomoeeeee!!

Quote Quote:
    Finally there's a thread for this anime! I wanted to create one but due to being busy, I never got to do it, but now it's here! Thanks to destiny4ever!
    You’re very welcome and thank you for posting in this thread! ^_^

Quote Quote:
    I reaaaaally love the manga. So when I heard that they adapted it into anime, I was sooooo happy!!!
    I haven’t read the manga but I have read the comments of fellow fans and they have said that it is a very good story.

Quote Quote:
    Up until now, the anime doesn't disappoint me and I hope it never will! The anime is rather fast-paced but I like it.
    Glad to hear the anime is doing a good job!

Quote Quote:
    And to see Tomoe and hear his voice... Kyaaa~
    Tomoe’s seiyuu is now part of my list of favorite voice actors, his voice is so .

Quote Quote:
    Well, of course Nanami is also a great heroine (and pretty badass too sometimes).
    I like her, she is very cool! She is sweet, funny, brave, kind, a great heroine I agree.

Quote Quote:
    Tomoe with a long hair is such a bishie, no? (not that him in short hair is not a bishie, but I personally think he looks more badass with long hair)
    QFT!!

Quote Quote:
    Sadly, he does not often wear his hair long. I guess he prefer his hair to be short. But I'm glad that in the entire episode 06, his hair is long... but, it will go back to short in the next eps. :cry But well, it won't be the last time we see Tomoe with long hair.
    Awww…I’m sad to hear that the long hair will be gone by next episode; however, it is good to know it won’t be gone for good. Looking forward to the next time we see it.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I haven’t read the manga but I have read the comments of fellow fans and they have said that it is a very good story.
    Indeed. I suggest you read the manga as well.

Glad to hear the anime is doing a good job!
    Yeah, which is surprising, because some things are changed but they work well with the original plot so it's okay!

Tomoe’s seiyuu is now part of my list of favorite voice actors, his voice is so .
    Haha~ Tachibana Shinnosuke is a good voice actor. I think he doesn't often work for anime, I'm actually familiar with his voice due to his drama CDs.

I like her, she is very cool! She is sweet, funny, brave, kind, a great heroine I agree.
    I love it that shoujo heroine these days has evolved to be better!

Awww…I’m sad to hear that the long hair will be gone by next episode; however, it is good to know it won’t be gone for good. Looking forward to the next time we see it.
    I'm not sure that the anime is long enough to reach that point though...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. I suggest you read the manga as well.
    Because of episode 7, I checked out some chapters from the manga, they were nice chapters but 82 chapters is a lot to read so I don’t know if I’ll catch up with it. That is why I really hope there is another season of this anime.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, which is surprising, because some things are changed but they work well with the original plot so it's okay!
    Glad to know that. I really dislike it when they change things from the manga so badly/dramatically that the scenes take a whole new meaning and the story is not the same anymore.

Quote Quote:
    Haha~ Tachibana Shinnosuke is a good voice actor. I think he doesn't often work for anime, I'm actually familiar with his voice due to his drama CDs.
    I don’t recall him from other anime series and that must be why; however, this anime was enough to make him part of my favorite male seiyuu list.

Quote Quote:
    I love it that shoujo heroine these days has evolved to be better!
    I second that.

Episode 7
    That confession was, was, was so touching!! Nanami’s confession was so heartfelt, she really loves Tomoe. And I think Tomoe does care about her, maybe he is not in love with her yet, but he likes her and cares about her, she is special. I think the reason why Tomoe doesn’t want to allow himself to fall in love with Nanami is because he was hurt in the past, I think he fell in love with a human girl in the past and she died or something very painful happened between them and that is why he is so afraid of falling in love once again. Btw, Tomoe and Nanami’s relationship reminds me of the relationship between Kagome and Inuyasha very much.

Looking forward to the next episode, the evil king appears!!

P.S. : I know Tomoe is , but Kurama is not bad either. He is cool. I like the interactions between him and Tomoe .
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 15, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of episode 7, I checked out some chapters from the manga, they were nice chapters but 82 chapters is a lot to read so I don’t know if I’ll catch up with it. That is why I really hope there is another season of this anime.
    But the manga is just... so sweet. I even save it in my computers so that I can read it again whenever I want to.

I don’t recall him from other anime series and that must be why; however, this anime was enough to make him part of my favorite male seiyuu list.
    Maybe after this, he'll get more job for anime.

That confession was, was, was so touching!! Nanami’s confession was so heartfelt, she really loves Tomoe. And I think Tomoe does care about her, maybe he is not in love with her yet, but he likes her and cares about her, she is special. I think the reason why Tomoe doesn’t want to allow himself to fall in love with Nanami is because he was hurt in the past, I think he fell in love with a human girl in the past and she died or something very painful happened between them and that is why he is so afraid of falling in love once again. Btw, Tomoe and Nanami’s relationship reminds me of the relationship between Kagome and Inuyasha very much.
    You already know that much? Wow.
    Actually when I read this part in the manga, I was rather surprised because unlike other typical shoujo, the heroine realizes her feelings rather fast and she does not just sit around waiting for the guy to love her back. I love Nanami because of her sincerity and persistence. She might be dumb and naive sometimes, but only at certain times, which shows later how she has grown so much from a simple ordinary girl into someone who is worthy to bear the title of Land God.
    Poor Nanami indeed. I guess I can blame Tomoe partly for this, because like Kurama said, he shouldn't have said such romantic things (though it is something usual for him) so casually. It gives the wrong impression to her! I feel this part is a bit ironic because
    Spoiler: Do not open if you do not want spoiler. Well, spoiler is a spoiler. show

Tomoe looks hurt too though. I guess he really don't want the same thing to happen again (You guess already what that thing is, since it makes Tomoe think that human and youkai can never be together)

Looking forward to the next episode, the evil king appears!!
    He's not actually evil (rather comical, I suppose). I just can't imagine hearing Namikawa-san again.

P.S. : I know Tomoe is , but Kurama is not bad either. He is cool. I like the interactions between him and Tomoe .
    Yeah, it's really fun to see those guys together. They just can't seem to get along. Men's rivalry. Too much testosterone in the air. Throw Mizuki to the mix and it will be hilarious. Those guys are like that kind of friends who bickers all the time although they actually care for each other (though they won't admit that they're friends )
    Last edited by yukihime03; November 17, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But the manga is just... so sweet. I even save it in my computers so that I can read it again whenever I want to.
    I read a couple of chapters and the manga seems to be a very good one; however, I don’t think I have the time to read all 82 chapters. I hope the manga is very popular so that the chances of a second season are not so slim.

Quote Quote:
    Maybe after this, he'll get more job for anime.
    He def. should, he is awesome! That scene after Nanami’s confession when she falls down and Tomoe screams her name in sheer desperation, he did such an amazing job during that scene.

Quote Quote:
    You already know that much? Wow.
    Well…those were my theories so I take they were correct. ^_^ As I said Nanami x Tomoe reminds me of Kagome x Inuyasha a lot so some of my theories were based on that pairing and on my shoujo experience.

Quote Quote:
    Actually when I read this part in the manga, I was rather surprised because unlike other typical shoujo, the heroine realizes her feelings rather fast and she does not just sit around waiting for the guy to love her back. I love Nanami because of her sincerity and persistence.
    I liked how Nanami didn’t deny her feelings when Tomoe confronted her with the question. Because of embarrassment or fear of rejection she could have denied them but instead of that she admitted that she liked/loved Tomoe.

Quote Quote:
    She might be dumb and naive sometimes, but only at certain times, which shows later how she has grown so much from a simple ordinary girl into someone who is worthy to bear the title of Land God.
    I can’t wait to see Nanami become an even more awesome girl.

Quote Quote:
    I guess I can blame Tomoe partly for this, because like Kurama said, he shouldn't have said such romantic things (though it is something usual for him) so casually. It gives the wrong impression to her!
    Exactly! Boys need to be careful with his words, especially when they say such kind, sweet and wonderful things. I mean, it was very hard for Nanami not to fall in love with him when he was saying and doing such things. He gave her the wrong impression indeed.

Quote Quote:
    I feel this part is a bit ironic because
    Spoiler: Do not open if you do not want spoiler. Well, spoiler is a spoiler. show
    I couldn’t resist the temptation and I read the spoiler and now I can’t wait to see that happening! I want a second season even more now!

Quote Quote:
    Tomoe looks hurt too though. I guess he really don't want the same thing to happen again (You guess already what that thing is, since it makes Tomoe think that human and youkai can never be together)
    So the girl from the past did die?! Does Tomoe feel guilty for the dead of that girl? Was it the girl from Nanami’s visit to Tomoe’s past?

Wow, Nanami x Tomoe and Kagome x Inuyasha are waaaaaaaay more similar than I thought.

Quote Quote:
    He's not actually evil (rather comical, I suppose). I just can't imagine hearing Namikawa-san again.
    I can’t wait for his appearance!

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, it's really fun to see those guys together. They just can't seem to get along. Men's rivalry. Too much testosterone in the air. Throw Mizuki to the mix and it will be hilarious.
    I bet! I hope there is an episode when he have that trio interacting together and being hilarious!

Quote Quote:
    Those guys are like that kind of friends who bickers all the time although they actually care for each other (though they won't admit that they're friends )
    ITA!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I read a couple of chapters and the manga seems to be a very good one; however, I don’t think I have the time to read all 82 chapters. I hope the manga is very popular so that the chances of a second season are not so slim.
    Let's hope so.

He def. should, he is awesome! That scene after Nanami’s confession when she falls down and Tomoe screams her name in sheer desperation, he did such an amazing job during that scene.
    The funny thing is, he voiced Yue in AkaAka Drama CD.
    Spoiler: This is Yue show

Spoiler: Compare with Tomoe show

Well…those were my theories so I take they were correct. ^_^ As I said Nanami x Tomoe reminds me of Kagome x Inuyasha a lot so some of my theories were based on that pairing and on my shoujo experience.
    They are pretty different from Kagome x Inuyasha though.. But since you don't read the manga, I don't think I want to spoil you that much.

I liked how Nanami didn’t deny her feelings when Tomoe confronted her with the question. Because of embarrassment or fear of rejection she could have denied them but instead of that she admitted that she liked/loved Tomoe.
    Indeed. She doesn't have any experience in love and her experience with men is not good either (look at her father!), but she isn't afraid to be true to her heart.

Exactly! Boys need to be careful with his words, especially when they say such kind, sweet and wonderful things. I mean, it was very hard for Nanami not to fall in love with him when he was saying and doing such things. He gave her the wrong impression indeed.
    IKR??? Especially if the boys are so good-looking like Tomoe.
    Oh well, he doesn't have many experience with young girl these days (unlike Kurama, lol~ But Kurama is such a good guy to give him advice), so I guess we can't blame him fully.

So the girl from the past did die?! Does Tomoe feel guilty for the dead of that girl? Was it the girl from Nanami’s visit to Tomoe’s past?
    Spoiler show

Wow, Nanami x Tomoe and Kagome x Inuyasha are waaaaaaaay more similar than I thought.
    I guess it will be a long way before you know that it's not the case.

I can’t wait for his appearance!
    Oh well.. I hope you'll like what you'll see.

I bet! I hope there is an episode when he have that trio interacting together and being hilarious!
    I don't think we will in the near future.
    Last edited by yukihime03; November 17, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is, he voiced Yue in AkaAka Drama CD.
    Spoiler: This is Yue show

Spoiler: Compare with Tomoe show

He was fated to play Tomoe then.

Quote Quote:
    They are pretty different from Kagome x Inuyasha though.. But since you don't read the manga, I don't think I want to spoil you that much.
    Personality-wise, Kagome and Inuyasha are very different from Nanami and Tomoe, respectively. But I do think they share some similarities regarding their relationships.

Quote Quote:
    IKR???
    What is IKR?

Quote Quote:
    Especially if the boys are so good-looking like Tomoe.
    Oh well, he doesn't have many experience with young girl these days (unlike Kurama, lol~ But Kurama is such a good guy to give him advice), so I guess we can't blame him fully.
    Well…you are right; Tomoe is also inexperienced in matters of the heart. And Kurama, he is a great friend. I like him very much.

Quote Quote:

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    I can’t wait for that arc then, I so want to know more about Tomoe’s past.

Quote Quote:
    I guess it will be a long way before you know that it's not the case.
    I don't think we will in the near future.
    I really, really, really hope there is a second season.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Personality-wise, Kagome and Inuyasha are very different from Nanami and Tomoe, respectively. But I do think they share some similarities regarding their relationships.
    Well, one or two things, but actually their relationship is also pretty different.

What is IKR?
    I know right.

Spoiler show
    I can’t wait for that arc then, I so want to know more about Tomoe’s past.
    Spoiler show

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, one or two things, but actually their relationship is also pretty different.
    Ah…so I guess at the beginning Kagome x Inu and Nanami x Tomoe seem to be similar but as the series progresses they become very different couples. Especially because Tomoe’s first girlfriend
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    I know right.
    Thank you for answering my question! ^^

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah…so I guess at the beginning Kagome x Inu and Nanami x Tomoe seem to be similar but as the series progresses they become very different couples. Especially because Tomoe’s first girlfriend
    Spoiler show
    Well, actually it's more than that. If I say it now, it will be too much of a spoiler.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually it's more than that. If I say it now, it will be too much of a spoiler.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast