Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kamisama Hajimemashita

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamisama Hajimemashita

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Maybe the increase of power is what makes his hair grow longer.

Awww, too bad Tomoe thinks like that. On the other hand, I can’t really blame him , since short hair is easier to maintain.
    Maybe.

Haha. I understand his reason though I curse the day he first cut his hair. (If only he never cut it, he'd never know how practical it is, and we'll get to see long-haired Tomoe every time! )

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Haha. I understand his reason though I curse the day he first cut his hair. (If only he never cut it, he'd never know how practical it is, and we'll get to see long-haired Tomoe every time! )
    True, true. I think being a familiar allowed him to realize that about his hair, since he would have never found out about it in his youkai state.

---------- Post added December 05, 2012 at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was December 04, 2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Episode 10

Another wonderful episode!

- So Tomoe made some kind of deal with a former god in order to become human but the deal failed. I didn’t understand why the deal failed though. And it seems Yuki died because she fell gravely ill, so nobody killed her.

- Mikage saved Tomoe’s life and made him his familiar.

- I really liked Tomoe and Mikage’s interactions and Mikage is very cool. I like him very much. What I don’t understand is …did Mikage make Tomoe forget all about his past? Or did he only make him forget the pain from his past? Does Tomoe remember Yuki?

- Mikage and his best friend (the other god) are hilarious together.

- What is under Onikiri’s face? What is behind that mask? Tomoe’s reaction left me puzzled.

- Yay!! Tomoe is touching Nanami again!!

- Tomoe, Mizuki and Kurama’s interactions were great. And Kurama singing the ED song was priceless! I was not a huge fan of the ED song but now I am.

-Tomoe is jealous!! He is finally developing feelings for Nanami!!

P.S. One question about last episode…why the dragon king’s eye became so small over the years?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 05, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

- So Tomoe made some kind of deal with a former god in order to become human but the deal failed. I didn’t understand why the deal failed though. And it seems Yuki died because she fell gravely ill, so nobody killed her.

- Mikage saved Tomoe’s life and made him his familiar.
    This part is actually rather recent in the manga (from chapter 80 or so). I wonder why they jump so far. And the flashback shouldn't be because Kotetsu telling it to Mizuki...

Spoiler show

- I really liked Tomoe and Mikage’s interactions and Mikage is very cool. I like him very much. What I don’t understand is …did Mikage make Tomoe forget all about his past? Or did he only make him forget the pain from his past? Does Tomoe remember Yuki?

- Mikage and his best friend (the other god) are hilarious together.

- What is under Onikiri’s face? What is behind that mask? Tomoe’s reaction left me puzzled.
    It's really funny to see Mikage and Tomoe like that. Tomoe was like, anti-human, and Mikage despairs because of that.
    Mikage and Otohiko are hilarious characters though at times I'm disgusted by their behaviors.
    I also wonder what's behind Onikiri and Kotetsu's masks...
    And yes, he makes Tomoe forget, that way Tomoe can survive the curse. So.. I don't think he remembers Yukiji.

- Yay!! Tomoe is touching Nanami again!!

- Tomoe, Mizuki and Kurama’s interactions were great. And Kurama singing the ED song was priceless! I was not a huge fan of the ED song but now I am.

-Tomoe is jealous!! He is finally developing feelings for Nanami!!

P.S. One question about last episode…why the dragon king’s eye became so small over the years?
    too!
    Those three idiots are really something, eh? Mostly it is funny because Tomoe will always resort to violence whenever Kurama or Mizuki teases him.
    In my opinion, I'm horrified by Kurama singing the ED song.. Maybe it;s just because it don't really like his voice...
    I'm still not sure that he's falling for Nanami... When he sees Nanami, he still remembers Mikage's back when he leaves him...

P.S. I guess it's because it's losing its power. It has been in human's body for so long after all...

Oh, this a great eps considering the differences with its manga. Fast-paced as usual, but not too fast that we can't follow.
    To see how Tomoe has changed so greatly to be a fine familiar like he is now really makes me want to cry along with Kotetsu and Onikiri... I'm touched. *dabbed my eyes with tissues*
    He used to avoid touch from humans, but now he can touch Nanami so familiarly... *cries again due to feels* (But I guess he forgets his promise? He just pinches her cheeks like that!)
    One curious question: Why Kurama is called with honorific "-sama" while Tomoe "-kun"?
    But anyway, Tomoe looks so cool in gakuran... I really loves Tomoe's silly look after Nanami gets mad at him.
    Those three... what are they doing.. spying on Nanami like that... in their youkai form wearing their traditional clothes... and those dark aura.. Geez. They really are helpless.
    But I really love Mizuki's words here: "You've got the face of a lady-killer and you don't know what happens at a goukon?" For me, it's hilarious when another male character pointing out the male character's lady-killer face though he is not a lady-killer despite the face.
    Mizuki is extremely cute as a white snake... I really want to crush him. Hee~ Poor Mizuki, he is used by Tomoe like that...
    Poor Nanami too.. Tomoe is really not helping things to be better. He keeps saying the wrong things at the wrong time. And Mizuki just have to show up at the wrong time.
    I guess no scene for Tomoe and Mizuki bonding time. Too sad. Instead, we will go straight to Mizuki's adventure in the human's world next week.
    Ah, my friend will surely be overjoyed that next week will be Mizuki-centred eps.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

And wait... Tomoe can drive?
    Last edited by yukihime03; December 09, 2012 at 12:49 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This part is actually rather recent in the manga (from chapter 80 or so). I wonder why they jump so far. And the flashback shouldn't be because Kotetsu telling it to Mizuki...

Spoiler show
    Maybe they jumped ahead because the series only has 13 episodes?

Quote Quote:
    It's really funny to see Mikage and Tomoe like that. Tomoe was like, anti-human, and Mikage despairs because of that.
    The best part for me was Mikage lecturing Tomoe. That was very funny.

Quote Quote:
    Mikage and Otohiko are hilarious characters though at times I'm disgusted by their behaviors.
    Well…so far the only think I didn’t like very much was Mikage abandoning Tomoe like that, why did he do that?! And maybe I’m wrong but I think Otohiko has a crush on Mikage…

Quote Quote:
    I also wonder what's behind Onikiri and Kotetsu's masks...
    And yes, he makes Tomoe forget, that way Tomoe can survive the curse. So.. I don't think he remembers Yukiji.
    But I guess his subconscious does…and that could be why he is afraid of falling in love with Nanami.

Quote Quote:
    In my opinion, I'm horrified by Kurama singing the ED song.. Maybe it;s just because it don't really like his voice...
    Really? I like it…he tries to sound so masculine and cool so it is funny , at least for me it is.

Quote Quote:
    I'm still not sure that he's falling for Nanami... When he sees Nanami, he still remembers Mikage's back when he leaves him...
    But he was jealous and angry…yeah, I agree that the most powerful feeling there was his fear of being abandoned again but …he was also jealous, and Nanami saw it like that as well. Maybe the anime team is speeding things up (especially Nanami and Tomoe’s relationship) because they have only 13 eps to tell the story?

Quote Quote:
    P.S. I guess it's because it's losing its power. It has been in human's body for so long after all...
    Thank you for answering my question!

Quote Quote:
    He used to avoid touch from humans, but now he can touch Nanami so familiarly... *cries again due to feels* (But I guess he forgets his promise? He just pinches her cheeks like that!)
    Tomoe has come a long way, no doubt about that! Yuki’s death really affected him but thanks to Mikage’s friendship and now thanks to Nanami, Tomoe is a different person fox.

Quote Quote:
    And Mizuki just have to show up at the wrong time.
    I didn’t notice Mizuki at all during that scene. I was as surprised as Nanami.

Quote Quote:
    And wait... Tomoe can drive?
    At least we know he can drive his magic car. ^^
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 09, 2012 at 05:41 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they jumped ahead because the series only has 13 episodes?
    Maybe. But I hope this doesn't mean that there isn't going to be second season.

The best part for me was Mikage lecturing Tomoe. That was very funny.
    :lamo Yeah, the sfx is just so funny, and Mikage was so enraged that he forgot time.

Well…so far the only think I didn’t like very much was Mikage abandoning Tomoe like that, why did he do that?! And maybe I’m wrong but I think Otohiko has a crush on Mikage…
    Mikage surely has his reasons. We still don't know yet, but I guess his encounter with Nanami is fated?
    Err... crush?

But I guess his subconscious does…and that could be why he is afraid of falling in love with Nanami.
    Yeah, even after Mikage healed him, he says that he hates humans because they're weak. I guess that's his subconsciousness talking. He hates human's mortality. It takes away Yukiji from him.

But he was jealous and angry…yeah, I agree that the most powerful feeling there was his fear of being abandoned again but …he was also jealous, and Nanami saw it like that as well. Maybe the anime team is speeding things up (especially Nanami and Tomoe’s relationship) because they have only 13 eps to tell the story?
    But they can't just make Tomoe fall in love with Nanami just like that. Until the problem related to Yukiji is resolved, I don't think Tomoe and Nanami will be able to be together.

Tomoe has come a long way, no doubt about that! Yuki’s death really affected him but thanks to Mikage’s friendship and now thanks to Nanami, Tomoe is a different person fox.
    Indeed. *dabbing my eyes with tissue again* I feel like a mother who've seen her son grown up to be a fine man.

I didn’t notice Mizuki at all during that scene. I was as surprised as Nanami.
    You don't? He's been there in his snake form all the time. He must have felt awkward to be in that situation so he changed back exactly at the right (for him) time.

At least we know he can drive his magic car. ^^
    Oh, that car?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamisama Onegai - Kurama ver. /Kamisama Hajimemashita ED http://youtu.be/EowN_e4P5gY x'D

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe. But I hope this doesn't mean that there isn't going to be second season.
    As far as I know the manga is selling really well, so the chances of a second season are really high…but you never know so maybe the animators just want to make sure to include as much as possible in case there isn’t a second season.

Quote Quote:
    :lamo Yeah, the sfx is just so funny, and Mikage was so enraged that he forgot time.
    True. Lecturing Mikage is something to be feared!

Quote Quote:
    Mikage surely has his reasons. We still don't know yet, but I guess his encounter with Nanami is fated?
    But…if their encounter was destined to happen then he didn’t need to abandon Tomoe, right? But I do agree that Mikage should have had his reasons for doing that.

Quote Quote:
    Err... crush?
    Yep. I’m probably very wrong but I do get that feeling during their interactions.

Quote Quote:
    But they can't just make Tomoe fall in love with Nanami just like that. Until the problem related to Yukiji is resolved, I don't think Tomoe and Nanami will be able to be together.
    Okay…maybe he is not falling in love but he is starting to like Nanami in a romantic way.

Quote Quote:
    You don't? He's been there in his snake form all the time. He must have felt awkward to be in that situation so he changed back exactly at the right (for him) time.
    I completely forgot about him and then he disappeared…because I have rewatched the scenes before his transformation and I can’t find Mizuki in those scenes.

Quote Quote:
    Oh, that car?
    Well, it’s more like a carriage, but yeah.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pochamahunter View Post
    Kamisama Onegai - Kurama ver. /Kamisama Hajimemashita ED http://youtu.be/EowN_e4P5gY x'D
    Thank you for that link, pochamahunter! Welcome to this thread and please feel free to join the discussion.

---------- Post added December 14, 2012 at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was December 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM ----------

Episode 11

I’m really going to miss this series once it ends. Episode 11 was pretty good. The first part of the ep made me like Mizuki and Kurama even more. Mizuki was so adorable~

About the second part of the episode…I know that Nanami feels insecure and jealous and that she doesn’t know that Tomoe doesn’t remember Yuki and his relationship with her but…she shouldn’t had taken out her jealousy on Tomoe like that. Instead of enjoying her time with Tomoe like she was doing at first, she let her jealousy get the best of her and ruined her date with Tomoe. Fortunately, Tomoe knew exactly what to do and what to say to make up with Nanami, even though he didn’t do anything wrong (he didn’t tell her about the hairpin because he was probably embarrassed about it and he touched that girl’s hair because he has no clue how handsome he is and the huge effect his words have on girls).

The fact that Tomoe explained things to Nanami after Nanami’s outburst and the fact that he forgave her for behaving like that just shows how amazing he is. Tomoe is so awesome!!!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 14, 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m really going to miss this series once it ends. Episode 11 was pretty good. The first part of the ep made me like Mizuki and Kurama even more. Mizuki was so adorable~

About the second part of the episode…I know that Nanami feels insecure and jealous and that she doesn’t know that Tomoe doesn’t remember Yuki and his relationship with her but…she shouldn’t had taken out her jealousy on Tomoe like that. Instead of enjoying her time with Tomoe like she was doing at first, she let her jealousy get the best of her and ruined her date with Tomoe. Fortunately, Tomoe knew exactly what to do and what to say to make up with Nanami, even though he didn’t do anything wrong (he didn’t tell her about the hairpin because he was probably embarrassed about it and he touched that girl’s hair because he has no clue how handsome he is and the huge effect his words have on girls).
    Poor Mizuki... Our world today must have terrified him. I really like his expressions throughout the eps. So kawaii! >.<

Well, sometimes a couple (though they are not official yet, but it's kinda obvious they'll be one, so consider them a couple already ) needs to fight in order to get each other better... also, wasn't it more touching that Nanami found out that the hairpin (which caused all the jealousy) was in her hair all those time after she fought with Tomoe?

The fact that Tomoe explained things to Nanami after Nanami’s outburst and the fact that he forgave her for behaving like that just shows how amazing he is. Tomoe is so awesome!!!
    I guess he had learned from experience, though he was pretty scary at first.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sometimes a couple (though they are not official yet, but it's kinda obvious they'll be one, so consider them a couple already ) needs to fight in order to get each other better...
    I agree, but still think Nanami overreacted a bit; but on the other hand, her feelings for Tomoe are so strong that I do understand why she acted in that way.
    Quote Quote:
    also, wasn't it more touching that Nanami found out that the hairpin (which caused all the jealousy) was in her hair all those time after she fought with Tomoe?
    That was a sweet moment I agree and it did show her how much of a fool she had been.

Quote Quote:
    I guess he had learned from experience, though he was pretty scary at first.
    Mikage taught him well

---------- Post added December 22, 2012 at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was December 15, 2012 at 05:21 PM ----------

Episode 12

I really hope this anime has a second season! Episode 12 was another good episode.

- I liked how Nanami was trying her best for Tomoe’s sake. Yeah, I know she was doing it to bring people to the shire but the inspiration behind her actions was Tomoe.

- Tomoe is a very strict teacher!

- Mizuki was adorably hilarious in this episode! I lol every time he “played” the flute.

- Nanami, you silly girl!! She completely misunderstood Tomoe’s words and actions. Tomoe said that because he was trying to protect her not because he didn’t need her anymore.

- Tomoe screaming Nanami’s name at the end of the episode gave me chills, it was so sad seeing Tomoe panic like that.

- And what is inside that chest? A yokai? An evil ghost?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 22, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope this anime has a second season! Episode 12 was another good episode.
    Me too!

I liked how Nanami was trying her best for Tomoe’s sake. Yeah, I know she was doing it to bring people to the shire but the inspiration behind her actions was Tomoe.
    Indeed. It's so sad that Tomoe's efforts are not acknowledged by anyone...

Tomoe is a very strict teacher!
    Spartan teacher.

Mizuki was adorably hilarious in this episode! I lol every time he “played” the flute.
    I didn't just LOL anymore, I !!! Honestly, I think Mizuki "playing" the flute is the most hilarious scene so far!!!

Nanami, you silly girl!! She completely misunderstood Tomoe’s words and actions. Tomoe said that because he was trying to protect her not because he didn’t need her anymore.
    Well, an already insecure girl like her couldn't have easily understood what Tomoe's words meant.. It's Tomoe's reputation to say the wrong thing, right?

Tomoe screaming Nanami’s name at the end of the episode gave me chills, it was so sad seeing Tomoe panic like that.
    He must have been really traumatized.

And what is inside that chest? A yokai? An evil ghost?
    I don't remember... In fact, a good portion of the eps is quite different from the manga, making me a bit confused...

Anyway, I really love this eps for every expression the characters are making, especially this one:
    Spoiler show

The chibi version appears more often in this eps than the previous ones, and things are getting more silly.
    Tomoe seems to be a lot more hospitable to Nanami now.. If we watch the first eps, then jump to this one, we must be wondering what the hell happened between those two until Tomoe changes that much.
    Tomoe and the others' reaction when Nanami insists on repairing the portable shrine...
    Another favorite scene of mine is when Nanami is asking for suggestions from the shrine occupants.. Tomoe and Mizuki.. No wonder Nanami is asking for Kurama's help (the fact that she sent him a message before the meeting suggested that she knew Tomoe and Mizuki won't be helping at all ), he knows humans the most..
    I'm also wondering about the box... I don't remember anything about that.. And Otohiko... I think in the manga, the test he gave her is different... I'll just check later.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. It's so sad that Tomoe's efforts are not acknowledged by anyone...
    At least Nanami acknowledge his efforts.

Quote Quote:
    Spartan teacher.
    Spartan indeed!

[quote
    Well, an already insecure girl like her couldn't have easily understood what Tomoe's words meant.. It's Tomoe's reputation to say the wrong thing, right?[/quote]
    Yes, you’re right. Then Nanami was 50% to blame for misunderstanding and Tomoe was the other 50% for not expressing himself very, very clearly.

Quote Quote:
    He must have been really traumatized.
    Poor Tomoe.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, I really love this eps for every expression the characters are making, especially this one:
    Spoiler show

That was priceless!! And it was even more hilarious because he did it more than once.

Quote Quote:
    Tomoe seems to be a lot more hospitable to Nanami now.. If we watch the first eps, then jump to this one, we must be wondering what the hell happened between those two until Tomoe changes that much.
    It’s the power of love!!

Quote Quote:
    Tomoe and the others' reaction when Nanami insists on repairing the portable shrine...
    That was funny as well. Nanami is not very good at repairing things, is she?

Quote Quote:
    Another favorite scene of mine is when Nanami is asking for suggestions from the shrine occupants.. Tomoe and Mizuki.. No wonder Nanami is asking for Kurama's help (the fact that she sent him a message before the meeting suggested that she knew Tomoe and Mizuki won't be helping at all ), he knows humans the most..
    I’m going to miss that trio very much!

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Episode 13

A great ending for a great series! I really, really hope there is a second season!!

- I liked how Nanami returned to the shrine on her own; I liked how Nanami was the one who decided to return. She realized that the shrine was her home, that it was the place where she belongs. Nanami’s dance was awesome!! She was graceful, beautiful and so brave. She fought that big and horrible spider with her amazing dance moves. Mizuki playing the flute was as hilarious as it was last episode. I liked how the gang has become one happy family.

- Tomoe was just amazing ! And I would have never thought that a kiss on the hand would be so romantic and sexy! And I’m pretty sure that kiss at the end is not canon but it was amazing nonetheless.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

That was priceless!! And it was even more hilarious because he did it more than once.
    Indeed! I had to laugh hard every time he shows up with the flute.

That was funny as well. Nanami is not very good at repairing things, is she?
    Well, she's just a girl who has never repair anything like that.

I’m going to miss that trio very much!
    What a baka trio.

A great ending for a great series! I really, really hope there is a second season!!
    The ending feels too shoujo-ish (well, it's a shoujo, but still, too shoujo IMO) but I do hope for a second season.

I liked how Nanami returned to the shrine on her own; I liked how Nanami was the one who decided to return. She realized that the shrine was her home, that it was the place where she belongs. Nanami’s dance was awesome!! She was graceful, beautiful and so brave. She fought that big and horrible spider with her amazing dance moves. Mizuki playing the flute was as hilarious as it was last episode. I liked how the gang has become one happy family.
    Ah, it is indeed different from the manga storyline but I can't say it's bad though I still like the ordeal Nanami goes through in the manga.
    Spoiler show

LOL at Tomoe cutting off Kurama everytime. And the kitsunebi can talk?? Not to mention, they are afraid of Tomoe...
    And yeah, Mizuki still fails at playing flute.

Tomoe was just amazing ! And I would have never thought that a kiss on the hand would be so romantic and sexy! And I’m pretty sure that kiss at the end is not canon but it was amazing nonetheless.
    Haha. Indeed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, it is indeed different from the manga storyline but I can't say it's bad though I still like the ordeal Nanami goes through in the manga.
    Spoiler show
    It was a good thing that I didn’t read the manga then, because I usually stop enjoying an anime when it differs quite a bit from the manga.

Quote Quote:
    LOL at Tomoe cutting off Kurama everytime.
    That was funny I agree. Poor Kurama!
    Quote Quote:
    And the kitsunebi can talk?? Not to mention, they are afraid of Tomoe...
    Kitsunebi = fox fires?

Quote Quote:
    And yeah, Mizuki still fails at playing flute.
    And what makes it even funnier is the fact that he doesn’t realize how bad he is at playing the flute.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 03, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a good thing that I didn’t read the manga then, because I usually stop enjoying an anime when it differs quite a bit from the manga.
    Well, I've read the manga before there was even any idea about its anime, so it's really inevitable.

That was funny I agree. Poor Kurama!
    And he's irked because of it!

Kitsunebi = fox fires?
    Yep. I am more used to that term.

And what makes it even funnier is the fact that he doesn’t realize how bad he is at playing the flute.
    Well, he deserves the credit for trying.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've read the manga before there was even any idea about its anime, so it's really inevitable.
    But you were still able to enjoy the anime despite the changes, right?

Quote Quote:
    And he's irked because of it!
    Well, he loves to be the center of attention so when anyone (Tomoe) ignores him he gets mad!

Quote Quote:
    Well, he deserves the credit for trying.
    I agree, he also gets credit for making us laugh so hard.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast