Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing

43 26.22%
  • Great

39 23.78%
  • Good

33 20.12%
  • Average

31 18.90%
  • Bad

9 5.49%
  • Terrible

9 5.49%
New Reply
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 609 Discussion

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 609 Discussion/ 610 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    This has been answered many times. Obito wasn't supposed to show the true extent of his powers since he was supposed to act as Madara and lowest amount of hints. Against Konan he still had the option to give away a sharingan which wasn't his own among hundreds, it's not like he could be sure 100% that Konan would not escape him so it's safe to keep acting as Madara until her death or the lack of survival option, besides it's not even sure he could tank billions of explosives tags for 10mn with a little wood protection (we simply don't know the level of his mokuton mastery compared to Hashirama). Maybe it was a bad plan overall to begin with but I can't blame him to try to stick with it in the past.

However I think he could have used those powers once he started this war.

Besides I don't really know how he is supposed to killl Minato with that, the Hokage could teleport anytime he wanted anyway, and Obito still had a back up option to get out alive without wasting his bigger plan.

A huge part of this long fight arc lacked tactic.
    But that argument really doesn't work, because unless he intends to allow the person to live, then it wouldn't matter if they believed he was Madara or not. Not to mention, that against Konan, he informed her of how Madara had stolen Hashirma's Mokuton, so using it wouldn't have made any real difference in his "identity" even if she did escape.

Considering that their battle pretty much came down to who could touch the other first, and he spent the whole time attempting to wrap Minato in chains, using Mokuton to extend his reach and trap Minato would have been reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Maybe because the stomach was there for only 1 second and that's all Kakashi could do. It wasn't meant to be a killing blow. The Kyuubi using Kakashi as an attacker in another dimension was fine. Kakashi did it with Naruto 6+ chapters earlier. That was strategy. So was Obito's removal of Kakashi si he could focus on his real goal, Naruto. That was tactics too, it just backfired. He's using mokuton now because he's trying to restrain a fully-charged Jinchuuriki. He didn't have to do that with Naruto earlier because he didn't need to. Obito is trying to energy drain his opponent so he can subdue him. What's so terrible about that?
    The stomach was there for longer then that, and the implication by Kakashi was that he had already figured out the Kyuubi's plan at that point. Besides, activating and using the Chidori/Raikiri doesn't take more then a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    OK - if hitting Tobi was as simple as just taking a poke at him while you are in his pocket dimension then WHY THE HECK did Fuu and Torune not totally kick his @$$? Once he sucked up Torune then he had several opportunities to take a few pokes at him - or are we supposed to believe a SENSOR ninja (a highly trained warrior) would see his enemy's body parts appearing before him and NOT take a shot at it somehow?

OR - how about when both Fuu and Torune were in there together? Why didn't they kill Sasuke? Sasuke would have been sitting there - totally helpless - protected only by Karin. The two of them could have killed Sasuke and taken shots at Obito when he warped himself into the dimension to pick up Sasuke. It makes no sense at all. Oh well. Its not like this is the only gaping plot hole this manga has driven through with its eyes closed lately. :P

And yeah - Obito whipping out the Moukton for the first time in hundreds of chapters is totally hinky too. Even if he was just trying to keep it a secret he could have used it against Konan since they were alone. Or Minato. They were alone then too. Bah!
    It's pretty clear that the dimension is huge, considering he has kept a bunch of weapons and such inside without them being visible anywhere around. So it's not too farfetch that they simply weren't in the right area to act. Sasuke and Karin were near some sort of mountain of blocks, whereas Kakashi appears to have been sent somewhere out in the open.

And by all accounts, Sasuke wouldn't have been helpless at that point, since just moments later he was perfectly ready to fight Danzo.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I'm not really sure why people are surprised Obito is sucking right now. He's an idoit remember? He was never a genius. This entire plan of his was thought up by someone else, Madara.

Nagato, for what it's worth, essentially ran his organization for him until his death.

AND, his vast army was only successful thanks to another man in Kabuto.

Obito, is a loser, always was, always will be. His small moment of heroics was not ruined because he became evil for no reason, but because he came evil and sucked at doing so.
    There is a lot of truth in this.

He has really been pretty incompetent from the get go now that I think about it. Remember the much maligned basis of the war? Where he basically crashed a meeting the world's Hokage's and told them to surrender or die because they have no chance against himand had nothing but a bunch of worthless Zetus puddies to back his claim; until Kabuto joined up and brought the only real fighting force with him (Madara included). I always considered this plot hole but, maybe it's not.

Maybe Obito was always just THAT stupid.

------------------------------------------------

I think I can officially say I'm rooting for everything to go sideways now.

In my opinion a healthy dose of failure is just what Naruto's character needs (Sorry, Kakashi and Gai that means you have to die so Naruto can blame himself....Killer Bee, to you I am not sorry). Obito needs to die so he can stop annoying me. And the Moon Eye plan needs to implode because the idea of a "dream world arc" where Naruto breaks out of infinite tsukuyomi sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Madara should probably die too but I like the way that he just kinda sat there reading a magazine while Obito was getting his ass handed to him. He may be evil but I like his style (Finally, a laid back super-villain.)

So, go Naruto! The more pyrrhic you can make your victory the better!
    Last edited by Jammin; November 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

3. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShinobiWrath's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny how everyone's like "Is it over?" after thinking they took out the Gedo Mazou xD Of course it's not over! You still have to deal with Madara! For goodness sake he took out 5 kages without breaking a single sweat it's not over by a long shot! xD

But seriously, this was a good chapter. Finally things are getting interesting, the Jyuubi's appearance is sure to give us lots to talk about.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi's aim wasn't to win the war though, he wanted to draw out Naruto and Bee, which he managed to do. The whole point of Zetsu wasn't to fight, it was to imitate the good guys and make it so that no one could tell them apart. Thanks to Kisame, Tobi knew Naruto stole the Kyuubi's chakra and could sense emotions, and planned for Naruto to come out.

Even if that didn't happen, the Zetsu alone would have gotten the job done. They managed to trick so many people, and if I recall, one of them even had Byakugan when he was impersonating Hinata a page or two before Naruto appeared. The Zetsu by itself caused the Alliance so much trouble that they couldn't do anything but wait for Naruto. This alone would have left Tobi time to hunt and find Naruto and Bee.

Tobi never declared war under the assumption of beating everyone. He declared it to get Bee and Naruto, whether through Zetsu, the kage giving them up for the daimyo, or Tobi himself finding them. The act of drawing Naruto and Bee out worked, and making them stay out worked. Now Tobi just needs to focus on taking them down and extracting the bijuu.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

And how exactly was he going to extract the two Biju by himself with just Zetsu? It took how many days to seal Gaara's Biju with ALL of Akatsuki. Now you have to seal the two largest Biju's with two people, and the entire ninja world coming after you ready to kill you.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jackknife_i's Avatar
    Country
    Cyprus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    actually,they started fighting in volume 59,and bee destroyed the forest in the first chapter of volume 60 http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/566/2. now volume 64 has started,I agree that this fight will be the longest,but it's also true that it was interrupted by madara vs kage,and kabuto's fight. hiruzen fought orochimaru from vol.13 to vol.16,if we have to be honest,but actually more than a volume was focused on other fights. what about kimimaro and chiyo? they have been dealing with mifune and the samurai since volume 56 to volume 62
    Well I quess this is what war does..
    Come on baby...Don't fear the reaper....

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiWrath View Post
    Funny how everyone's like "Is it over?" after thinking they took out the Gedo Mazou xD Of course it's not over! You still have to deal with Madara! For goodness sake he took out 5 kages without breaking a single sweat it's not over by a long shot! xD

But seriously, this was a good chapter. Finally things are getting interesting, the Jyuubi's appearance is sure to give us lots to talk about.
    Yeah, but the end could be in sight.

If the Jyuubi and the Gedo Mazou get's taken out of the equation it doesn't matter how how strong Madara is. The Jyuubi is his big shortcut to world domination. If that plan implodes he's just one really strong guy.

He can kill people but he can't really go around conquering countries because he has no real method to keep that territory under control. Meaning continuing to fight right now would gain him nothing.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 15, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    And how exactly was he going to extract the two Biju by himself with just Zetsu? It took how many days to seal Gaara's Biju with ALL of Akatsuki. Now you have to seal the two largest Biju's with two people, and the entire ninja world coming after you ready to kill you.
    Use Rinnegan's power? Or hell, why not just toss both bijuu in Gedo's mouth, like he did with the pot and tentacle? With his Sharingan, he should be able to free the bijuu and control them.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v41/c376/13.html

Maybe this prediction will soon come to realize.

Madara would become the juubi's jinchuuriki then he'll successfully cast his ultimate genjutsu to the ninja world or he'll going to use his ultimate genjutsu to control the entire ninjas.

Then naruto, sasuke, the rookies, kakashi, gai and bee would escape from that genjutsu and basically, they're going to become the great revolutionary of the ninja world. And naruto would be their leader.

Then after this war, the new arc would be

''The great revolution of the ninja world''

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Rlly who voted this chapter Amaizng...Smh Idk what the hell is going on in Naruto anymore but this chapter was Terrible at worst to cut some slack it was Bad. I don't even wanna talk about it much besides Obito's ability, like it's just flawed, Jyuubi not even interested in it or it's power that hasn't been shown yet...How many more chapters to the end cause I wanna see this manga end now I never thought i would say such a thing....I'm going left i'm With The Moon Eye's Plan, Naruto is shit it deserves that genjutsu.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Tobi's aim wasn't to win the war though, he wanted to draw out Naruto and Bee, which he managed to do. The whole point of Zetsu wasn't to fight, it was to imitate the good guys and make it so that no one could tell them apart. Thanks to Kisame, Tobi knew Naruto stole the Kyuubi's chakra and could sense emotions, and planned for Naruto to come out.

Even if that didn't happen, the Zetsu alone would have gotten the job done. They managed to trick so many people, and if I recall, one of them even had Byakugan when he was impersonating Hinata a page or two before Naruto appeared. The Zetsu by itself caused the Alliance so much trouble that they couldn't do anything but wait for Naruto. This alone would have left Tobi time to hunt and find Naruto and Bee.

Tobi never declared war under the assumption of beating everyone. He declared it to get Bee and Naruto, whether through Zetsu, the kage giving them up for the daimyo, or Tobi himself finding them. The act of drawing Naruto and Bee out worked, and making them stay out worked. Now Tobi just needs to focus on taking them down and extracting the bijuu.
    All of that could have been accomplished without declaring a war and basically showing his hand. If anything, he had the prefect tools to distract the Kages while he moved around and acted. A bunch of Zetsus taking the form of known ninjas attacking other villages would have kept them all busy and divided, while Sasuke and Kisame could have tackled taking down Kirabi and Naruto. We could then get some individual action from the secondary characters, and maybe even the retrieval arc many have been wanting.

I mean, I was originally in support of the war because I thought that he had some plan behind declaring it. But it's looking more and more like there was no reason beyond simply declaring it.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea why that route wasn't taken... I guess Kishi just wanted to show the "pains" of war? Which is basically bullshit since Naruto didn't lose anyone close to him....

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would think that the Pain Invasion handled that well enough. There's not really a lesson to be learnt if Naruto's not allowed to actually fail.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I just say that the discussions here are at least a million times better than the ones on Mangafox forums...you guys actually frigging talk sense...it's refreshing.

You'd think that Obito would have learnt a thing or two about battle tactics from his lessons with Madara, but it looks like he hasn't. If he had, he'd have used the Rinnegan already.

I'm assuming that the whole point of letting this war take place was to have the entire Shinobi world unite under one banner, which is an unprecedented event in Naruto.

I'm not saying that's Obito's reason for declaring war (that would make him the Lelouche of Naruto) but I think that's the reason Kishi decided to go this route.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

For God's sake , Tobi still has IZANAGI ! Rinnegan's IZANAGI

so even if Kakashi stab him with Chidori , he would simply use IZANAGI and trolled them !! (well , but Naruto would troll Izanagi with some talk no jutsu as well !! )
    Last edited by shafagh; November 15, 2012 at 02:47 AM.
    خداحافظ

New Reply
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast