Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing

43 26.22%
  • Great

39 23.78%
  • Good

33 20.12%
  • Average

31 18.90%
  • Bad

9 5.49%
  • Terrible

9 5.49%
New Reply
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 609 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 609 Discussion/ 610 Prediction

My thoughts on this chapter:

This is the longest fight. Ever.

Naruto and Tobi first collided back in chapter 563.
    This week's chapter is 609.

That's almost 40 chapters. Four volumes worth. Almost a year, if you think about it. The fight's gone through so many stages it's ridiculous. Anyone remember the Tailed Beasts? Yeah, I almost forgot they showed up, too. Remember how the battlefield used to be a forest? Yeah, I almost forgot, too. In the Narutoverse, they've probably been fighting for HOURS, maybe a day. And that's the problem with all of these now overpowered characters: they can fight for damn ever.

The manga NEEDS to end after this war. I can't see it possibly being further dragged out. Madara should've died when Itachi ended the Edo Tensei. He's not even cool anymore. He's just there being evil.

I probably just feel this way because I no longer have any attachment to the Tobi character. Or Obito, for that matter. At least with Pain it didn't last 40 chapters.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    I don't even think there goal is to kill obito, especially not kakashi. Kakashi wants answers from obito, not to straight out kill the guy that gave him his whole ideology. Sorry but these people aren't just ruthless killers
    Of course he wants to kill him or rather HE HAS TO KILL HIM. He already accepted the fact that he has to kill him which is why he was using one-shot moves against his butt earlier on. HE HAD THE GREATEST & EASIEST OPPORTUNITY I'VE EVEN SEEN TO END TOBI'S ASS DAMN IT!!

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Maybe because the stomach was there for only 1 second and that's all Kakashi could do. It wasn't meant to be a killing blow. The Kyuubi using Kakashi as an attacker in another dimension was fine. Kakashi did it with Naruto 6+ chapters earlier. That was strategy. So was Obito's removal of Kakashi si he could focus on his real goal, Naruto. That was tactics too, it just backfired. He's using mokuton now because he's trying to restrain a fully-charged Jinchuuriki. He didn't have to do that with Naruto earlier because he didn't need to. Obito is trying to energy drain his opponent so he can subdue him. What's so terrible about that?
    The moment it became clear Naruto got full support from Kyuubi I don't see how Obito could hope to tire his opponent until now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post

That's almost 40 chapters. Four volumes worth. Almost a year, if you think about it. The fight's gone through so many stages it's ridiculous. Anyone remember the Tailed Beasts? Yeah, I almost forgot they showed up, too. Remember how the battlefield used to be a forest? Yeah, I almost forgot, too. In the Narutoverse, they've probably been fighting for HOURS, maybe a day. And that's the problem with all of these now overpowered characters: they can fight for damn ever.

The manga NEEDS to end after this war. I can't see it possibly being further dragged out. Madara should've died when Itachi ended the Edo Tensei. He's not even cool anymore. He's just there being evil.

I probably just feel this way because I no longer have any attachment to the Tobi character. Or Obito, for that matter. At least with Pain it didn't last 40 chapters.

you just made me like these last 40 chapters so much more....i just went back and realized that the place Naruto bee gai and kakashi are in right now used to be a thriving huge forest...just goes to show what happens to the land when tailed beasts and high level ninja are in battle with each other (did madara not say something about when he and hashirama fight the maps need to be redrawn (and from the way he said that he ment that whenever hashirama fights someone the land is changed forever, same goes whenever madara fights someone the land itself pays the price)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Montai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Naruto 609 Discussion/ 610 Prediction

Jeez! I was hoping that Sharingan originated from the juubi, instead of being a devolved rin'negan. That's actually where I thought sharingan came from, before Madara and Kabuto revealed otherwise. :| Now, on to explain why the juubi has Sharingan!!! Is it being controlled? Could Kabuto and Madara be wrong about Sharingan origins? Was Rikudou being a jin the reason why Rin'negan could have devolved into sharingan? I wonder. So many questions o.o

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/86022516/17 oh,reading it by my phone I didn't notice that naruto had made a clone to create a biju bomb with bee. what a strength,it was much bigger than the 5 bijus' one. and the jubi hid underground,zetsu style.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

This fight is one of the most boring fights ever despite everyone's thinking it should be awesome. This chapter made Obito look like a total dumbass, let alone Kakashi who could've actually disabled Obito rather than kill him. But no, the shit will just drag on with Juubi jumping right in the middle of it.

Secondly, when the hell is Naruto gonna use SM now that he has full control over Kurama? I imagine, it could be a easy win for him if he used that.

The funniest thing was Madara, chillin' and sittin' casually watching Juubi being born like a bored kid who watches a little ant colony right before he squashes them.
    I think Obito should be neutralized soon, doesn't matter if he stays dark side or goes light. His character kinda quickly faded out and he sucks because a woman made him a miserable prick.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Maybe because the stomach was there for only 1 second and that's all Kakashi could do. It wasn't meant to be a killing blow. The Kyuubi using Kakashi as an attacker in another dimension was fine. Kakashi did it with Naruto 6+ chapters earlier. That was strategy. So was Obito's removal of Kakashi si he could focus on his real goal, Naruto. That was tactics too, it just backfired. He's using mokuton now because he's trying to restrain a fully-charged Jinchuuriki. He didn't have to do that with Naruto earlier because he didn't need to. Obito is trying to energy drain his opponent so he can subdue him. What's so terrible about that?
    Raikiri would have the same effect. As far as I recall, there's no time limit to how long Kakashi can keep it up - he could have stabbed Tobi. From the looks of it, Tobi can't heal from injuries like that without using the Zetsu plan at his hideout. As soon as he saw a body, just pop a hole in it with raikiri without strikin the vital parts. Or take out Tobi's limbs so it's harder for him to fight.

What's even worse is that Tobi's not using Rinnegan. he could definitely absorb the Kyuubi chakra, there's no way Naruto knowing about chakra absorption could hurt Tobi, especially when the chakra replenished Kakashi without hurting hm. Hell, the chakre boost would allow Tobi to use more Rinnegan like Shinra Tensei.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Raikiri would have the same effect. As far as I recall, there's no time limit to how long Kakashi can keep it up - he could have stabbed Tobi. From the looks of it, Tobi can't heal from injuries like that without using the Zetsu plan at his hideout. As soon as he saw a body, just pop a hole in it with raikiri without strikin the vital parts. Or take out Tobi's limbs so it's harder for him to fight.

What's even worse is that Tobi's not using Rinnegan. he could definitely absorb the Kyuubi chakra, there's no way Naruto knowing about chakra absorption could hurt Tobi, especially when the chakra replenished Kakashi without hurting hm. Hell, the chakre boost would allow Tobi to use more Rinnegan like Shinra Tensei.
    Please call him Obito.

The pathetic sod on the battlefield right now is not the Masked Badass anymore...he's a pathetic sod...always will be forever more.

Just kidding, you can call him whatever you like...

It's a real mystery though, Why isn't Obito using his Rinnegan?! Even by Kishimoto's lofty standards, that's a awful plot restriction. I'm getting the feeling that Madara somehow sealed all the Rinnegan Jutsu for Obito except for the Outer Path and the Gedo Mazo.

As for why Kakashi didn't kill Tobi? People have covered this already...I'll just summarize:

Kishimoto is saving Obito for an incoming TALK NO JUTSU session with Kakashi.

That's the reason, in a nutshell.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    Please call him Obito.

The pathetic sod on the battlefield right now is not the Masked Badass anymore...he's a pathetic sod...always will be forever more.

It's a real mystery though, Why isn't Obito using his Rinnegan?! Even by Kishimoto's lofty standards, that's a awful plot restriction. I'm getting the feeling that Madara somehow sealed all the Rinnegan Jutsu for Obito except for the Outer Path and the Gedo Mazo.

As for why Kakashi didn't kill Tobi? People have covered this already...I'll just summarize:

Well, that's what I'm thinking too lol
    It annoys me though.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Please call him Obito.

How would he be able to seal that? And if he did, Nagato wouldn't have been able to use those other jutsu as well, as he had the eyes directly before Tobi. Just because Kakashi and Naruto know how to fight Rinnegan doesn't mean they'll counter everything, especially if Tobi uses the jutsu at the right time. Spamming Shinra Tensei is a no no, but using it when Naruto's about to punch him when Kakashi's in anohter dimension is much better. Naruto won't see that coming and won't defend properly against it, especially since Shinra Tensei doesn't require anything.

Kakashi can still incapacitate Tobi without killing him, like he did to Zabuza.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But you're assuming that Kakashi is standing there with a Raikiri ready to go, although he doesn't know where or when to strike, or even how much time he has to strike. The opening was exploited, just not completely. If he had people would be complaining that Obito died too cheaply. Kishi is damned either way it appears.

Quote Quote:
    Aside from aesthetics we have no idea what Obito can or can not do with the eyeball in his left socket. He may not be able to access any of the paths, just be able to summon the Gedo statue. Therefore using wood style may be his only option for subduing Naruto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Please call him Obito.

any time you are talking about the person who was wearing the mask that is "tobi" if your talking about events after or before he had the mask then thats Obito ......and really i think its kind of rude of you to tell someone what they can call someone lol tobi obito same shit ...... thats like saying you cant call Kurama "nine tails"

Edit: taken from my post in another thread ----- i dont think obito is going to be beat by Talk no jutsu i think he is going to betray madara once he find out that madara has no intention of doing the "moons eye plan"----all madara wants is to be the 10 tails host and gain god like powers(and i assume he would want to live forever....but the fact that the sage himself died shows me that no one is exempt from death not even the "god" of ninja)...obito will find out that madara lied to him all those years ago
    Last edited by number12michael; November 14, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post

actually,they started fighting in volume 59,and bee destroyed the forest in the first chapter of volume 60 http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/566/2. now volume 64 has started,I agree that this fight will be the longest,but it's also true that it was interrupted by madara vs kage,and kabuto's fight. hiruzen fought orochimaru from vol.13 to vol.16,if we have to be honest,but actually more than a volume was focused on other fights. what about kimimaro and chiyo? they have been dealing with mifune and the samurai since volume 56 to volume 62
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; November 14, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

How would he be able to seal that? And if he did, Nagato wouldn't have been able to use those other jutsu as well, as he had the eyes directly before Tobi. Just because Kakashi and Naruto know how to fight Rinnegan doesn't mean they'll counter everything, especially if Tobi uses the jutsu at the right time. Spamming Shinra Tensei is a no no, but using it when Naruto's about to punch him when Kakashi's in anohter dimension is much better. Naruto won't see that coming and won't defend properly against it, especially since Shinra Tensei doesn't require anything.
    I have a theory about that now. Maybe the reason why Madara didn't get his Rinnegan till waaaay later in his life is because the Senju DNA was not completely assimilated into his whole body. Once it was, he got the Rinnegan.

Then he gave the Rinnegan to Nagato. Nagato (according to Madara) was a descendant of Senju. So he already had Senju DNA, Madara gave him the Uchiha eyes, so he was able to use the Rinnegan completely.

But Obito hasn't been able to completely assimilate the Senju DNA into his entire body, so he cannot use the Rinnegan completely.

I think an Uchiha with Senju DNA can only get the Rinnegan (and use it to it's full potential) from an EMS if there is a complete mixing of both DNAs within his body.

If you think about the Original Rinnegan holder (So6P) it makes sense because the So6P was a complete mix of Uchiha and Senju DNA (in a way).

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    any time you are talking about the person who was wearing the mask that is "tobi" if your talking about events after or before he had the mask then thats Obito ......and really i think its kind of rude of you to tell someone what they can call someone lol tobi obito same shit ...... thats like saying you cant call Kurama "nine tails"
    I said I was kidding. You guys can call him whatever you like. I just happen to think of them as 2 different entities ever since finding out about Obito's backstory (a backstory that I'd love to describe in more colourful language...but this isn't the medium for that).

Quote Quote:
    Edit: taken from my post in another thread ----- i dont think obito is going to be beat by Talk no jutsu i think he is going to betray madara once he find out that madara has no intention of doing the "moons eye plan"----all madara wants is to be the 10 tails host and gain god like powers(and i assume he would want to live forever....but the fact that the sage himself died shows me that no one is exempt from death not even the "god" of ninja)...obito will find out that madara lied to him all those years ago
    Maybe...I've never heard that theory before. It would fit Madara's overall philosophy better.

But how idiotic would it be if, even after all this time, Obito stands in the battlefield, facing the revelation that Madara's betrayed him and says "Now...Rin won't be alive again? You lied to me?"

I'd just be like "Well, duh...he did to you what you've done to others since meeting him..."

Oh that irony would be so awesome...
    Last edited by StarkPoseidon; November 14, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

New Reply
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast