Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing

43 26.22%
  • Great

39 23.78%
  • Good

33 20.12%
  • Average

31 18.90%
  • Bad

9 5.49%
  • Terrible

9 5.49%
New Reply
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 609 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 609 Discussion/ 610 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    You know - this is one of the things about the manga that kind of stretches credibility. If the Jubi was this terrifying, Godlike monster that was rampaging around the world cracking mountains between his thunder-thighs and junk like that - then howcome no-one knew ANYTHING about it except Madara? Something that huge - that powerful - and that epic would have left legends that could not be hidden. It would be in songs, in art, in stories, in legends - it would be an integral part of the culture of the entire world. And yet nobody knows jack-squat about the Jubi except 1 or 2 Uchiha? Ridiculous.

Especially considering that Kishi's screwed up timeline suggests that the 6 Path Sage 'created' the ninja world not that long ago. I mean - Harashima and Madara's time was - what - 50 or 60 years ago? Let's call it 75 years ago just to be generous. That means the 6 Path Sage and his two sons were (at MOST) a couple centuries previous to Madara/Harashima.

That really isn't very long ago. So we're supposed to believe that this HUGE, epic, world-shattering Jubi monster was tooling around only 2 or 3 hundred years ago (and who knows how long before that!) - crushing and terrorizing the whole of humanity - and NOBODY knows anything about it anymore? Sigh.
    TBH that kind of bothered me as well, think I agree 100%. One of the coolest things about the manga wasn't just the fight between Naruto and Sasuke at teh VotE, it was the actual use of the statues. They were prominent reminders of the past and the heritage of the village. It is a staple in Konoha lore. But nothing like this exists for either the Jyuubi, or in all honesty - the sage himself. And then it's not worth getting into the whole 'Uchiha tablet' nonsense that exists within the village. It was lore, legend within the story itself.

The other thing that bothers me? Remember a chapter with maybe the Niju Shotai, and Sakura mentioning their 'wireless devices'? Seems like those things could've come in handy as communication tools for the war rather than the funneling through HQ. In the same mold (technology) - it really makes you wonder how good the Konoha library is. Anyone remember it? It's where the cloud ninja were supposedly looking up information about Sasuke, etc. So.... between the library, technology and the fact that it wasn't so long ago, I honestly can't understand how something as significant as the 10 tails was 'forgotten by time'. Legend, myth, etc. The thing is for the Narutoverse, Ninjutsu etc. is 'real'.

But... oh well. Guess we have to suspend that part to enjoy the story a little. Yeah, it kind of bothered me too but I guess I can roll with it. It was supposed to be left as something of a surprise in the story I guess. Just like the face of the sage and what/who he looked like is still something of a mystery.

I often wondered about the time of the 'samurai' in this story...

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Could have simply been that the actions of the Juubi were later attributed to the other Bijuus, like the Kyuubi with the whole ocean and mountains thing. Wouldn't be hard to believe that past people just confused one tailed monster for another. Also, Ma and Pa were over 800 years old and even they believed the Rikudou Sennin to be a myth. So we're talking more then just a couple of centuries. More like a couple of millenniums. Time enough for stuff to be confused and lost.
    It's possible, definitely. Just seems like too much of a stretch though IMO for the manga. Lost secrets, what made Madara so special, what made Hashirama so special, and maybe their predecessors. Good call though with Ma/Pa frog, I forgot about that. But still, some myths are always remembered if they're that significant, or if they aren't even really 'myths' at all. I will concede, howeve,r that perhaps looking into it this deeply is far too pedantic a way of looking at the manga.

The mountains, ocean shaping, etc. etc. seem massive but from what we saw of Perfect Susano'O, I almost believe that could be a pretty formidable counter to it since it seems able to alter the landscape just as much.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know - this is one of the things about the manga that kind of stretches credibility. If the Jubi was this terrifying, Godlike monster that was rampaging around the world cracking mountains between his thunder-thighs and junk like that - then howcome no-one knew ANYTHING about it except Madara? Something that huge - that powerful - and that epic would have left legends that could not be hidden. It would be in songs, in art, in stories, in legends - it would be an integral part of the culture of the entire world. And yet nobody knows jack-squat about the Jubi except 1 or 2 Uchiha? Ridiculous.

Especially considering that Kishi's screwed up timeline suggests that the 6 Path Sage 'created' the ninja world not that long ago. I mean - Harashima and Madara's time was - what - 50 or 60 years ago? Let's call it 75 years ago just to be generous. That means the 6 Path Sage and his two sons were (at MOST) a couple centuries previous to Madara/Harashima.

That really isn't very long ago. So we're supposed to believe that this HUGE, epic, world-shattering Jubi monster was tooling around only 2 or 3 hundred years ago (and who knows how long before that!) - crushing and terrorizing the whole of humanity - and NOBODY knows anything about it anymore? Sigh.
    because like with RS it probably occurred many years before the current era maybe thousands of years people probably thought it was a legend and the uchihas knew about because of the tablet RS left behind most likely. about the tablet anyone else think it was actually RS older son who left the tablet why would he leave the tablet to the older sons branch of family if he choose the younger son and he probably could not read it. seems odd.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think the Jyuubi is going to be a stupid beast? Like - maybe Kishimoto took a page out of other series like Transformers - you know how the constructocons or othe rcharacters always seemed smarter as individual robots, then stupid lumbering (but powerful) oafs when combined?

Because I hope that isn't the case. Hopefully it has it's own personality and sentience, and we can find out where the hell it comes from, etc. Even if it's a legend of some sort. I just think it has to have some sort of purpose. If it is destruction then it is destruction. But just to exist and destroy for the sake of it, to me, seems a little lame. Like - what's he got to be all upset about? Or was the legend of the kyuubi really teh legend of the Jyuubi... that is, the jyuubi was the 'natural disaster' that appeared when malice and evil ran wild on teh world... ergo it would have been born from that time.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Kabuto, the scale of Hashirama's power made him a myth to other people after his time, even though he lived like, 100 to 120 years before the current time. Even with Oonoki and Sandaime Hokage, along wiht the Three Elders of Konoha, having lived when Hashirama was alive (Oonoki even having met Madara), Hashirama was considered a myth. If the translation/my memory is correct.

Perhaps this is the main reason why Rikudou Sennin and the Juubi weren't known about. They were considered a myth beyond belief due to their power and what they could do. The Juubi being able to destroy mountains with ease would be unheard of, and could be feared by many.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well,the kingin bros and suna was well aware of RS,his treasures,capturing/sealing bijuu and presumeably the jyubi itself.
    maybe konoha hid this history from fear of what is going on right now...a rezzing of the jyubi?

if you think about it,this would be wise...because the village contained the very clan that could control bijuu and hashirama was in possession of multiple bijuu.this may have been a deciding factor also to split the bijuus up with their allied villages.

konoha has been known to bury history...minato/kushina being naruto's parents is a good example...they(elders) pulled the wool over the whole village's eyes.i would imagine there would have been some uneasiness to hashirama and tobirama that the uchiha would try and acquire the bijuu...hashirama might have seen madara controlling the kyuubi in one of their battles.deciding that he would have to acquire the others himself...shrug

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    well,the kingin bros and suna was well aware of RS,his treasures,capturing/sealing bijuu and presumeably the jyubi itself.
    maybe konoha hid this history from fear of what is going on right now...a rezzing of the jyubi?

if you think about it,this would be wise...because the village contained the very clan that could control bijuu and hashirama was in possession of multiple bijuu.this may have been a deciding factor also to split the bijuus up with their allied villages.

konoha has been known to bury history...minato/kushina being naruto's parents is a good example...they(elders) pulled the wool over the whole village's eyes.i would imagine there would have been some uneasiness to hashirama and tobirama that the uchiha would try and acquire the bijuu...hashirama might have seen madara controlling the kyuubi in one of their battles.deciding that he would have to acquire the others himself...shrug
    true the hidden cloud seems to know the most about the RS and it seems that the treasures were in the hidden cloud for quite some time
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Konoha definitely got alot dark secrets and i believe at this moment naruto doesn't stand a chance against madara/obito and juubi, it will be more likely that naruto and his friends are going to pull back and come up with a Better plan to deal with these monsters and probably a new are for naruto to have a power up and might switch to sasuke for a while but is going to be hard get away from madara and obito/juubi.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    Konoha definitely got alot dark secrets and i believe at this moment naruto doesn't stand a chance against madara/obito and juubi, it will be more likely that naruto and his friends are going to pull back and come up with a Better plan to deal with these monsters and probably a new are for naruto to have a power up and might switch to sasuke for a while but is going to be hard get away from madara and obito/juubi.
    well,will madara or for that fact the jyuubi allow them(naruto and co)retreat?

another thing...it would be wise for them to attack the jyuubi now instead of letting the enemies get their own plan together...right now the jyuubi is in the dark.hell,he might just smash the crap out of obito and madara.but i think it would be wise for them to keep going(if they are able to).

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Guess we have to suspend that part to enjoy the story a little. Yeah, it kind of bothered me too but I guess I can roll with it.
    I suppose so. Heaven knows it isn't the biggest plot hole we've been asked to just politely ignore lately...
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose so. Heaven knows it isn't the biggest plot hole we've been asked to just politely ignore lately...
    it's like the chameleon horse in wizard of oz...never explained just had to accept it...hahaha

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

it's like the chameleon horse in wizard of oz...never explained just had to accept it...hahaha
    hahahahahahaha that made me burst out laughing XD

i think i may be in love :P

Just thought of something dose anyone on the battlefield even know any sealing techniques ? i know naruto and gai dont have any
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    hahahahahahaha that made me burst out laughing XD

i think i may be in love :P

Just thought of something dose anyone on the battlefield even know any sealing techniques ? i know naruto and gai dont have any
    well of course...there is obito or kakashi's kamui and no telling what hachibi/kyuubi know...they may have an answer...seeing how they are outside the jyuubi and their companions are within it.
    they may be able to go the route that jinchuurikis go through...and pull the chakra/will of the other bijuu out of the jyuubi...who knows...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well of course...there is obito or kakashi's kamui and no telling what hachibi/kyuubi know...they may have an answer...seeing how they are outside the jyuubi and their companions are within it.
    they may be able to go the route that jinchuurikis go through...and pull the chakra/will of the other bijuu out of the jyuubi...who knows...
    what i ment was that there seems to be no one who can seal madara...or rip his soul out?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well obito does have a rinnegan and i think kakashi knows how to seal...sai was the best at it that is why kaka-sensei left it to him(the swordsmen and such)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okyatoks View Post
    Things we would NOT WANT TO SEE:
    8. Juubi to dance Oppan Gangnam Style
    9. United Shinobis to dance Oppan Gangnam Style
    If something of this caliber were to happen, I think even Madara could see his way to being impressed.

New Reply
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast