Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.61%
  • 2] Average

7 5.65%
  • 3] Good

21 16.94%
  • 4] Great

55 44.35%
  • 5] Epic

36 29.03%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

3 2.42%
New Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 689 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 689 Discussion / 690 Prediction

Seriously, does it really matter that much how many time luffy punched CC, how many degrees his body should have turned, how many words he can speak between 2 panels ?!?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    I think it's in the process of happening.Big mom has probably sent the order to produce that "army of hundreds users" already but i dont think Doflamingo has all the Smile she need for that purpose yet.And if Luffy and Law manage to capture Ceasar and the SAD Doflamingo will be in big trouble.I am sure that is what he meant when he said "But if he those that...I'm the one who's in trouble Vergo"http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/682/10
    Also putting an end to Smile production will definetely piss her of and drag her attention Doflamingo and the two rookies.Law is a maquiavelic one

Here, he says that one of the four emperors has used smile(present perfect tense, meaning from some time in the past up until now) to make a army of fruit users.

As for Dofla's trouble, it might be loosing his connection upon which his wicked schemes are built xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    We don't know that just yet but i highly doubt that Pekoms would be the only to own an artificial Devil fruit.
    It's true. But what I meant was that it's not just cuz Pekoms uses an ADF, BM's underlings all use them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I have been thinking that Monosuke's fruit is probably not Vegapunk's fruit. Instead it is probably made by DD, who sent it to Ceasar as evidence of the production of smile. Cesar then as a scientist thought that he will study the DD's smile fruit to find an easier way of producing an artifical fruit. In this sense, the creation of smiley could have been the result of the strudy of Monosuke's fruit.

Also, I want to ask a question does anyone think that Smile is weaker or stronger than a normal Zoan fruit.

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Seriously, does it really matter that much how many time luffy punched CC, how many degrees his body should have turned, how many words he can speak between 2 panels ?!?
    It kinda does. The climax effect was violated.

It began like this:
    Luffy entered the fray with his kickass Elephant Gun and patted BB. He had an informative conversation with CC, and as soon as CC was looking down on his strength, comparing it to what gives him chills down his spine lol, Luffy remained silent, and then he shattered that silence with a kickass punch, but it was ruined with what we're talking about: the long sentence and the continuity of his punch, which I believe was in a bad chronological order :X

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn some of you truly can't be blessed. Nitpicking isn't always a good thing. I'm satisfied as long as this is the end of Ceaser Clown. Only then is this chapter epic. Otherwise blah. Let's finish this fight with Vergo and get a move on with the story please.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed about too much about Luffy's punches(even though i'm the one that started it, so i should end it too, correct?). Lets agree to disagree for the time being.

I do speak japanese (11 years of it), In re-guards to the Single Yonkou vs Plural Yonkou its like this;(sorry if i'm repeating a lil of what was said before)
    Younkou is the title of "four Emperors", in Japanese there is no Singular or Plural of the Noun "YONKOU". This being the case, The Japanese have created a "counter" noun to describe the AMOUNT of any given person/thing. Depending on What you are counting, the "counter" word itself changes; just to give you an idea of what i mean, the "counter" you would use for Humans is Different then the word for Circular objects which is different from counters for Small items, ect. In the case of The Yonkou, i would assume the "counter" word for Humans would be used-"nin". though there are two exceptions to this counter; 1 person is "hitotsu" and 2 people are "futatsu", then the system follows the basic Japanese counting system 3"san-nin" 4 "yon-nin" ect. So-i would assume to refer to a single "yonkou" would be; "Hitotsu-Yonkou"-"one person of the Four Emperors" or in english "one yonkou". Hope you guys enjoyed your Japanese lesson for the day

lastly, I think we should assume no power difference between ADF and natural Zoan DFs-besides the "basic strength" any individual would be born with. (luffy no gumu gumu no mi vs CC with no gas gas no mi, i still would take Luffy as the one with more Natural Strength, think Zoro lol-not the best example i guess w/e)

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, you guys really take seriously reading One Piece.
    Who cares if it's one or the four Yonkous? We will know eventually which one uses the smiles and who doesn't.
    Who cares if the arm is the left or right? Just a mistake from Oda.
    Who cares if in manga you can speak a whole sentence faster than a punch?

And I think some of you got things wrong: Caesar does SAD. SAD is used by Doflamingo to make Devil Fruits. CC doesn't make the ADF (From now on, I'll refer like this to Artificial Devils Fruits) He has the brute matter, so to speak.
    If Law wants to kidnap CC, must be to tease one of the Yonkou to pressure Doflamingo, who will point towards Luffy and Law. Should be fun.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction for next chapter- Either a recap of what Franky was/has been doing or WHAT the hell brook/usopp/kinemon been up to? plan is still to capture CC using seastone cuffs yes? and why the hell does cc have horns? will they disappear revealing he ate a gas/ADF combo? just throwing out ideas for discussion...TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What I wonder is why CC is the only one able to make SAD. Is it because only him has discovered the process and he didn't tell anyone else or is it because of his gas gas fruit ?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

And also, what was the purpose of Vegapunk experimentation with artifitial devil fruits. Because if he was trying to create a usable artifitial devil fruit, then Doflamingo + Ceasar succeed in what Vegapunk failed.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 22, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...He has an unique ability after all and He's a scientist. There are too many things on his favor. Vegapunk could also make a DF as well, so I'm biased to think it has more to do with brains than power.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DIOMEDES View Post
    Thank you for your for trying to help to illuminate this enigma that confuses all of us. The warning came simultaneously with the movement, but he was drawn as though he warned him after positioning himself perfectly for an attack behind his back.
    sure,but this is a common mistake in mangas. you may not agree,but I'm not the only one who's been noticing this (as far as I recall,the first time I read someone complaining for this,was almost 3 years ago...) itachi might have warned bee when he jumped,but you can't deny that there are speeches in the middle of actions which last fractions of second. in the last page that happened too,luffy punched caesar just once,but he could speak whilst the latter wa still middair only because of this. luffy can't have used a second punch,cause it hadn't got haki...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I wonder is why CC is the only one able to make SAD. Is it because only him has discovered the process and he didn't tell anyone else or is it because of his gas gas fruit ?
    EXACTLY, why didn't we think of this before? when gas condenses it turns into a Liquid. If SAD is a liquid(i think it is) then it makes sense that only ceasar is able to condense the proper gases into SAD. (either do to his brains as uriel said or do to his ability).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you call one single yonkow then ? A kou ? The fact that yon is part of the name has no relation with how many yonkou bought smiles to Flamingo which is the translation issue here
    The word for "Emperor" in Japanese is "Koutei." That's where the "Kou" comes from. One emperor would be the emperor, the "Koutei."

However, if the original Japanese dialogue said "Don Flamingo! Ano Yonkou!" (which is did from what it sounds like) then it would mean "The Don Flamingo! The members of the Four Emperors!" because "Ano" is a word that means something like "That" or "The" in reference to something that is mentioned in passing.

It'd make so much more sense if I had the Japanese raw and could translate it for you guys to see.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; November 22, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    The bold part is the one translated by MP as "the four yonkous". H-Samba translates it as: "el yonkou" which is singular, not plural. The english world would be "The yonkou" meaning, that yonkou CC was talking about in the previous panels. There is no plural there. MP is not a reliable translation as usual. Better to wait for CCC's work or Aohige or Cnet.
    The translation is kind of irrelevant given the context. If one Yonko moves the others are soon to follow in one form or another. We saw a clear example of this with WB, because he decided to move against someone Shanks and Kaido made their moves as well. So if BM of whomever moves against Luffy and Law we are sure to see the other Yonko moving as well. Thus the NW will erupt into chaos as was mentioned by Law, Vergo, and CC. The real translation question about this chapter is in concern to where SMILE is produced. The MS translation has PH being the place where both SAD and SMILE are produced. While some of the other translations make it seem as if SAD is produced at PH while SMILE is produced elsewhere at Doflamingo's factory.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast