Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.61%
  • 2] Average

7 5.65%
  • 3] Good

21 16.94%
  • 4] Great

55 44.35%
  • 5] Epic

36 29.03%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

3 2.42%
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 689 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DeXt0R's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 689 Discussion / 690 Prediction

Nice chapter, cleared abit the unknown, Army of fruit users? hmm could it be connected to Blackbeerd whose hunting rare fruits:O

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so blackbeard is hunting real fruits users.
    Also if smiley had eaten an artificial fruit, maybe the process of the respawn is different from the real one.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Ceasar is KO. Maybe smiles are the explanation to Monet bird form. She could ate one artifitial devil fruit and one natural devil fruit, without danger for her life. Possibly.

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GiantAlienHamster's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yes, Ceasar is KO. Maybe smiles are the explanation to Monet bird form. She could ate one artifitial devil fruit and one natural devil fruit, without danger for her life. Possibly.
    Good idea! That would be an explanation for Pekoms. he ate an artificial lion-fruit plus a real turtle-fruit. That would imply that BM is the emperor wre talking about here. Would be a good thing to see, that she's actually interested in real power as well and not just candy...
    Some completely random predictions
    Spoiler show

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrCristian's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter explains quite a lot about the SAD and it connects, yet again, Luffy's alliance with Law to Big Mam.
    Also, the alliance between the other Supernovas will be against Big Mam for sure, and we will have supernova captains+crew vs Big Mam+crew and allies.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Someones gonna beat me to it if i don't say it fast Caribou washed up on the island were X Drake called out Kaidou by attacking his subordinates. Is this a way to bring Drake in? A way to bring Kaidou in? Or just more horrible luck for Caribou?

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

too bad its an army from an empreror.

otherwise i would have laughed at buggy getting a fruituserarmy... xD

"the world most dangerous men" doflamingo! fuck yes, he is puting strings even on the emperors xD

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

HELL YEAH
    FUCK YEAH
    HOORAY

This is what a 10/10 OP chapter is for me, emotions (with Brownbeard), enough badass scenes (with Luffy), explications ! (Doflamingo and the whole Yonko thing too ), now that's what I'm talking about boys !

Just thinking about the next arc give me shivers, Doflamingo, Yonko, holy crap that is gonna be explosive !

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    A way to bring Kaidou in? Or just more horrible luck for Caribou?
    Definitely a way to bring Kaidou in, that guy seems to be an obvious technology and weapon fanatic, or at least one that uses machines as weapons, I wouldn't be surprised if he is developing powerful weapons and goes after the Poseidon.

I had no idea I actually cared for brownbeard until the moment CC's goons shot at him, that pissed me off and I was glad luffy appeared, may i have a fanboy moment and say...in such an omfg cool way , with a look that finally says
    "Just leave it to me, I'm seriously kicking his ass so much that he is going to cry."
    and he sure did in the last page, and I bet he's only starting.

About the artificial df army, good catch on Pekoms and Monet, I'm starting to think that maybe this artificial df and S.A.D started only after that certain Yonkou heard about Blackbeard being able to used two dfs and decided to experiment on things.

To think the entirety of Punk Hazard sets up the foundation for future arcs and the entire saga so damn well, masterfully played Oda.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Well, that would explain a talking lion with the shell of a turtle under BM cuz, according to what we know about these Artificial Devil Fruit
    And how do u explain a tanuki which can transform into a reindeer? :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what makes One Piece king an arc just to get things going for the next big Arc even though some didn't even recognize the pacing of One Piece and thinks the past few chapters are just average not epic they surely didn't realize that this arc is just the beginning of something big ^^.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GiantAlienHamster's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    About the artificial df army, good catch on Pekoms and Monet, I'm starting to think that maybe this artificial df and S.A.D started only after that certain Yonkou heard about Blackbeard being able to used two dfs and decided to experiment on things.

This has probably been going on for more than two years now, as Bepo might be a living proof of it: He ate an artificial bear-fruit (probably one that DoFla gave him) more than two years ago. This is the reason why Bepo can't change back into his human-form.

Oda has been preparing for this for quite a long time
    Some completely random predictions
    Spoiler show

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems that Caribou ended up in an island that may be affiliated with Kaido, judging from that island that Drake went to after the war, this too is a very interesting thing
    Now onto the whole " Smile " deal, who is the Yonko that is concerned by this ? Since we've yet to see any crewmember from Kaidou's crew, and Shanks is out of the equation for obvious reasons, and since we don't know if BB does have a lot of crewmember or not (I pray for god that BB's crew will stay limited to just 10 people, to get 1vs1 match ups against Luffy and his nakama), I think the favorite candidate is BM for now (would explain the whole deal about Pekoms too), I hope Kaido is rather interested by robots/cyborgs and such, would be cool

Quote Quote:
    This is what makes One Piece king an arc just to get things going for the next big Arc even though some didn't even recognize the pacing of One Piece and thinks the past few chapters are just average not epic they surely didn't realize that this arc is just the beginning of something big ^^.
    We all knew the next arc is gonna be something great, but it doesn't mean that the pacing in this arc was a bit crappy, there was things that Oda could have done better in this arc

When we say a chapter is crap for example, we don't judge what's coming after it or what is before, we judge the chapter itself, in the same fashion as an arc. It was a bit obvious that the very first arc of the NW wouldn't be epic on the scale of the War/Enies Lobby, because their nature is rather building up for the next one, but nontheless, the pacing on PH was a bit horrible and annoying, in the same fashion as FI on certain parts
    Last edited by Zehahaha; November 20, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    And how do u explain a tanuki which can transform into a reindeer? :P
    HAHAHA! A super mega ultra mysterious tanuki xD JK
    Well, I'd say, it's a tanuki with a reindeer DF ability xD Where the heck did you see that anyway? xD Are you by any chance referring to Chopper? If that's the case, then it should be obvious that Chopper is originally a reindeer who is often by confusion viewed as a tanuki xD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dalyup!'s Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic chapter - enjoyed the new information, and loved the simple way Luffy responded to Caeser's monologue.

The one with the army does seem likely to be BM. Along with it making sense out of Pekoms, Tamago did say that "the beasts of Big Mom's pirate crew will destroy Fishman Island". Perhaps this means they are quite literally "beasts".
    Last edited by Dalyup!; November 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

26. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast