Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.61%
  • 2] Average

7 5.65%
  • 3] Good

21 16.94%
  • 4] Great

55 44.35%
  • 5] Epic

36 29.03%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

3 2.42%
New Reply
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 689 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 689 Discussion / 690 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    We all knew the next arc is gonna be something great, but it doesn't mean that the pacing in this arc was a bit crappy, there was things that Oda could have done better in this arc

When we say a chapter is crap for example, we don't judge what's coming after it or what is before, we judge the chapter itself, in the same fashion as an arc. It was a bit obvious that the very first arc of the NW wouldn't be epic on the scale of the War/Enies Lobby, because their nature is rather building up for the next one, but nontheless, the pacing on PH was a bit horrible and annoying, in the same fashion as FI on certain parts
    I don't know where the crap came from but maybe from your point of view Crap=Average for One Piece ^^.

I know that some PH chapters are a bit slow and bad for some but I can't even judge the pacing of it because it isn't over yet and from the looks of it the pacing is just fine we can see a lot of character building for the enemies and the people that is in the arc ex.(Brownbeard/Kids/the guy with the fire sword/Law etc) before giving us the climax of this arc that is currently ongoing

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the pacing is slow, but not as bad ad it could be. Aside from some epic cliff hanger moments, the Fishman Island and Punk Hazard Arc is (probably) more enjoyable reading in volume form than on a weekly basis.
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone has said it yet, but I believe this would mean Monet took a smile Harpy DF on top of a real snow logia DF. seems Ukmix has said it already xD

Could this mean an upgrade for the strawhats? I doubt it, cus it seems like a weak upgrade. For comedy, it'd be funny if Chopper ate the racoon devil fruit and didn't change lol.

But I wonder if those in impel down are smile DF's as well. They were "awakened", and if the same can be applied to these fake devil fruits, it would make the emperor with the army so much more intimidating. Picture wb's fleet/army all with awakened smile devil fruit users. That would actually be a threat, otherwise they would be boxing bags for the Strawhats... especially Ussop, who practiced hunting monsters for 2 years xD
    Last edited by minimz; November 20, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minimz View Post
    I don't think anyone has said it yet, but I believe this would mean Monet took a smile Harpy DF on top of a real snow logia DF. Could this mean an upgrade for the strawhats? I doubt it, cus it seems like a weak upgrade. For comedy, it'd be funny if Chopper ate the racoon devil fruit and didn't change lol.

But I wonder if those in impel down are smile DF's as well. They were "awakened", and if the same can be applied to these fake devil fruits, it would make the emperor with the army so much more intimidating. Picture wb's fleet/army all with awakened smile devil fruit users. That would actually be a threat, otherwise they would be boxing bags for the Strawhats... especially Ussop, who practiced hunting monsters for 2 years xD
    Stop right there
    CC said they're manufacturing man made Zoan DF, which mean they're still DF, until confirmation : No man can eat 2 DF except BB, which seems to be the exception that confirms the rule because his body is apparently not normal

If natural DFs spawns here and there, these man made Zoans (not Logia, not Paramecia) can be created at will, but still bear the same weaknesses and limits as any natural DF have

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Are you by any chance referring to Chopper?
    thats the entire joke my african friend :P

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Stop right there
    CC said they're manufacturing man made Zoan DF, which mean they're still DF, until confirmation : No man can eat 2 DF except BB, which seems to be the exception that confirms the rule because his body is apparently not normal

If natural DFs spawns here and there, these man made Zoans (not Logia, not Paramecia) can be created at will, but still bear the same weaknesses and limits as any natural DF have
    Yikes. I understand what you mean, and how I have jumped a few steps ahead of myself.

To explain myself - and remember it is just my opinion, but my thoughts revolves around the fact that we saw a Turtle + Lion zoan, (in which someone said before that there was on real and on fake/smile zoan involved) which lead me to believe that. Of course, now that you mention it, it is possible that these man-made devil fruits can contain a mixture, i.e. Lion + Turtle mixture in one fruit - however in the drawings given here, there don't seem to be any half&half zoans drawn by Oda.

I was just simply making the connection between the former case and Monet's abilities, since our only other reasoning is Law's powers being used on Monet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a sound explanation for all those animal-looking guys with devil fruit powers and all, but still doesn't explain Blackbeard having two real devil fruit powers. Good chapter.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahaha, you doesnt want to go beyong cannon, but a human eating two DFs, one artifitial one natural is a possibility not ruled out by the cannon. So it's possible to hypothesize about it.

I think that the best hypothesis we have now to explain Monet's bird form is those smiles. We had the idea of Law making his job with her (jeje), or the idea of logia users being able to reshape parts of their bodies at will. The hypothesis of smiles fits perfectly with all the plot and the discovering of SAD and smiles factory: Monet being in human shape in a flashback and later appearing with a bird form, with Monet eating a smile between those two scenes, is just pretty solid.

With the smile thing, this page of the Dive to Grand World special book is worth to remember now:

That is the chapter 2, and is dedicated to races in OP. Now, wikia's translation of the panels about Pekoms, the third eye girl and bepo is:

Quote Quote:
    *Chap 2: race- includes all the known OP races + 3 mystery races (Dwarves, Snakeneck, and Minkmen). The 3-eyed girl, Pekoms, and Bepo's races remain a mystery.
    Now that was some months ago. Maybe we now could be knowing what are some of them.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Or that he is simply a lion in the first place, like bepo is a bear.
    If you check back ukimix posts in the hangout thread, you will find the link toward the databook that says he is of an unknown species. So there is no need to have 2 devil fruits for Pekoms appearance

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

SAD shouldn't be the answer for every weird animal looking character in One Piece. The man just said they make artificial zoans. Nowhere is it stated that they are imperfect or incomplete. That would mean that they can use the zoan just like any other person and be able to change between human and animal. No reason to be a polar bear or a lion all the time.

As for zoan army, it seems to be either Big Mom or Kaidou.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just curious, are the databook canon stuff - written by Oda? Or is it just some fanservice related things that are overlooked by oda. If it's the former case, I should really get my hands on them data books and learn some japanese @_@Y

I agree with Ukmix about smiles being the best explanation for Monet's flying/logia abilities.

Furthermore, Doflamingo's message to Disco about this being the new age of "smiles", do you guys think he was talking about the man made devil fruit back then???? If so, Oda... that's some foreshadowing skills you got there! You continue to impress me.

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems like this week we have a series of excellent chapters.
    What a joy to see Ceasar's face deformed by Luffy badass punch, especially after what that bastard done and said to the poor BB.
    Nice to finally know what the SAD exactly are and who is interested in them.
    A great war beetween the Supernovas and the Yonkou, seems near.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it that Doflamingo has another factory, located in another island different than Punk Hazard? Tankers are SAD tankers, not smile tankers; and Ceasar explains that he creates SAD and Doflamiingo turns SAD into smiles. ... That Doflamingo is a really big fish. How big most be the yonkou behind him, since he doesnt want to get into troubles with him/her?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

@ukimix
    It's not possible until :
    - Oda shows us there's a difference between man made zoan and natural zoan
    - Oda explains the whole deal with BB

The general rule is that : Eating two DF will cause the body to " explode " (disappear, die, call it whatever you want)
    Now, the Smiles are man made Zoan DF, which means they're still DF with the same restrictions as Natural DF, the difference is that one can create them at will (one could create for example 100 Lucci's DF, I don't want to count Marco's DF because it seems a bit special as a Zoan, but since it is a Zoan, normally it should be possible too), until Oda explains more in detail, then we assume that man made Zoan DF are just like Natural Zoan DF, I'm not ruling out the possibility, but it seems a bit too hazardous for it to happen

BB so far has been the one being able to eat two DF (wonder if can eat more, him going after strong and rare DF users mean two things : Either he can eat more than two fruits, either he found a trick which allow any normal human to eat 2 fruits, which could mean that maybe his crewmember could have 2 DF powers at the same time, but then again, it doesn't make BB that " special " anymore, I'm more inclined toward the theory that BB can eat more than two fruits)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Pekoms ate a single, Turtlelion fruit??? Since they are artificial I don't see why they can't be strange/different. This is One Piece after all. Can fake Zoans not transform back to human form?

On the topic of BlackBeard. I don't think he can literally eat more devil fruit but only absorb them from other users. I know his body type has a great deal to do with it but I think it is only possible because of his original Devil Fruit. I hope he doesn't have more than 4-5 powers....
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; November 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast