Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.61%
  • 2] Average

7 5.65%
  • 3] Good

21 16.94%
  • 4] Great

55 44.35%
  • 5] Epic

36 29.03%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

3 2.42%
New Reply
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 689 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 689 Discussion / 690 Prediction

Yeah Luffy, shut that asshole the hell up!!

Anyways, this chapter was freaking BADASS!! Definitely makes up for that boring previous chapter.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 8/24/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    Robin: The Rokushiki Demon (first two pages are up!)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    No my Canadian friend to the north, I am POSITIVE the poses are different(try to pay attention to bot the COA haki leaving Luffy's right hand in the bottom left panel and which of His shoulders are pointing down). About as classic of a One-Two punch combo as you can get, the Right for damage/power, the left to finish/sending CC flying. Anyone else seeing that way? or am i Crazy?
    Luffy's first punch was strong enough to take a fraction of a second to send him flying. How do you explain CC remaining in the air to be punched another punch-- a second punch after a sentence that takes about four seconds(at least) to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    If i take a guess,i would say that the Yonkou Ceasar and Law are talking about is Big mom.First the candies and now the artificial Zoan type Devil fruit!!It can only be her
    Hm...if she had an entire army of zoan users, how do you explain the guys in panel three behind the guy with the big swords ?

It would benefit her to transform everybody intro a zoan user

And do not forget that Kaido wouldn't sit idly, watching BB amassing power from real ability users. Men are known for their normal lust for power. BM is interested more in food and candies than power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    and now that we know artificial can be used,i even suspect that Pekoms is using one.
    Pekoms could be the only one using a Smile in all of BM's troops.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    The bold part is the one translated by MP as "the four yonkous". H-Samba translates it as: "el yonkou" which is singular, not plural. The english world would be "The yonkou" meaning, that yonkou CC was talking about in the previous panels. There is no plural there. MP is not a reliable translation as usual. Better to wait for CCC's work or Aohige or Cnet.
    I just want to say that, "The Four Yonkou's" would be redundant, as "Yonkou" already means "Four Emperors." So, whenever someone says "Yonkou," there is no plural or singular; they're referring to all four of them.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,at least now law can capture caesar with no efforts .
    Oh and I disagree with diomedes: it's definitively BM. Kaku used swords despite being a swordsman. And anyway WB should have had something like 1600 men,BM might have a number almost as big as it and only 100 of them are zoan. Not to mention that to have a zoan you don't have to be constantly in animal form

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=DIOMEDES;3168929]Luffy's first punch was strong enough to take a fraction of a second to send him flying. How do you explain CC remaining in the air to be punched another punch-- a second punch after a sentence that takes about four seconds(at least) to complete?

That Four seconds you refer to is what i would call "dramatic effect" of course Luffy is going to have something bad ass to say before he delivers the second blow. i still hold my position that there are two strikes involved unless there is a mirror issue with that last panel. Luffy Threw a right, we all agree on that, as his first strike. If his body follows proper Rotation, in the final panel his LEFT let should be closest to our view(assuming he only rotated 90*degrees). For Luffy to end up in the pose shown in the final panel he would have had to rotate 270*degrees(3/4ths of a full rotation), but in the final Panel his RIGHT leg is up.
    i put a little more thought into it and i would say that in the panel when Luffy first strikes CC, CC almost seems as if he is being elevated(lifted) into the air-he has no legs and the curly Q curve of the base of his body seem to me to imply elevation....then Luffy said his "dramatic effect" line...repositioned himself above CC and then either THREW A LEFT or DROPPED HIS SHOULDER INTO CC. Honestly i can understand the One punch idea, but it does not match up with what my eyes are telling me is going on. The reason I bring up the SHOULDER as a possible second strike is because 1. Maybe Luffy's clothing would cover the color change of his skin 2. I really believe there were two Strikes, if his left hand didn't have haki maybe his shoulder did....either that or the effects of COA haki linger in the victims body for a short time(initial strike allows him to be tangible for a split second 2nd strike). I Really can't wait to see this Animated to give us final proof.

And to go with my previous post, If my theory is true, this would add another layer onto the ever growing associations Dofla has with being a "puppeteer" or sorts...his DF...him pulling strings in the underworld/and in the WG...as well as his, according to me, idea of him pulling strings/controlling the ADF users.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I just want to say that, "The Four Yonkou's" would be redundant, as "Yonkou" already means "Four Emperors." So, whenever someone says "Yonkou," there is no plural or singular; they're referring to all four of them.
    How do you call one single yonkow then ? A kou ? The fact that yon is part of the name has no relation with how many yonkou bought smiles to Flamingo which is the translation issue here

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    How do you call one single yonkou then ? A kou ?
    This deserves to be in my sig for eternity

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I think you are right on the bold part, and that explanation would really help a lot if is comes to be true. I would like that someone with a good japanese level could explain it better. Now, I thin you are wrong in that in every context the japanese 'Yonkou' refers always to all four of them. That should be not the case, and the reference is established by the context.

I asked Aohige:

Quote Quote:
    There is a line in MP's translation in which CC says: "Doflamingo!! The four emperors!! Do you have the guts to take them on?!" My question was if the world 'four' was a good translation there. You explain me that's not the case: CC talks about one yonkou, not about 'four'.
    He answered:

Quote Quote:
    Yonkou (Four Emperors) is a title, and you'd use it for any of the Emperors.
    Just like Shichibukai is "Seven Warlords", but when you address one as Shichibukai, you don't mean all seven.
    Now the point is that for people like us that completely ignore japanese, we usually take Yonkou as a proper noun, and in that way, we begin to used it as if it were right to say things like: "4 yonkous". But that is completelly wrong, as it should be completelly wrong the really bad translation of Mangastream who wrote "4 yonkous". The world 'yonkou has an implicit reference to the fact that there are 4 emperors, not 3 nor 5. If there were 3, they would called "Sankou", if they were 5, they would called 'Gokou". But, if Aohige is right, when you address one of them, you can use the generic term Yonkou, without meaning all of them.

Coming to the manga, in the end, what does Shanks have to do with smile and SAD and Doflamingo's business? Nothing for sure. So the proper translation of CC's line should say: "Doflamingo!!, That yonkou!!, Do you really have the audacity to start a war with them?". You can read here for further discussion of the point.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    How do you call one single yonkow then ? A kou ?
    That would be 'Mukou'. with 'mu' for one. Zehahahahahahahahahahahaha I missed the question. A single Yonkou could be called 'Yonkou' in some contexts. Because there is no singular neither plural with that japanese term. It seems so.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 22, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DIOMEDES View Post
    Luffy's first punch was strong enough to take a fraction of a second to send him flying. How do you explain CC remaining in the air to be punched another punch-- a second punch after a sentence that takes about four seconds(at least) to complete?
    just to correct this,but in mangas there's always this kind of problem.characters, who are moving to a speed close to light,can spell sentences as if their mouth were faster than them. Attacks so strong that cannot be dodged are commented by the opponent,who complains for being unable to avoid them . I post only this link of volume 58 because it's the best example and proof of my statement which I've ever found http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/549/11 look at the picture below,itachi's body is manipulated to kill Bee,but he could warn him despite his speed? Mangas fail here...
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; November 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm...if she had an entire army of zoan users, how do you explain the guys in panel three behind the guy with the big swords ?

It would benefit her to transform everybody intro a zoan user

And do not forget that Kaido wouldn't sit idly, watching BB amassing power from real ability users. Men are known for their normal lust for power. BM is interested more in food and candies than power.
    I think it's in the process of happening.Big mom has probably sent the order to produce that "army of hundreds users" already but i dont think Doflamingo has all the Smile she need for that purpose yet.And if Luffy and Law manage to capture Ceasar and the SAD Doflamingo will be in big trouble.I am sure that is what he meant when he said "But if he those that...I'm the one who's in trouble Vergo"http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/682/10
    Also putting an end to Smile production will definetely piss her of and drag her attention Doflamingo and the two rookies.Law is a maquiavelic one

could be the only one using a Smile in all of BM's troops.
    We don't know that just yet but i highly doubt that Pekoms would be the only to own an artificial Devil fruit.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ok so, Caesar can produce Zoan devil fruits and he's giving them to Doflamingo. Doflamingo then gives it to some unnamed Yonkou.

what kind of Zoan are they exactly? just like Momo who can't turn back to normal form? what about his underlings? they have weird bodies, harpy, crocodile (brownbeard), goat, etc. are they part of smile zoan?

and about the last panel, where there appears to be a mistake.. i tried to mirror the image but it still doesn't fit. so probably Luffy just punched CC so hard he twisted his body. just like boxers do when they throw a powerful punch.
    Last edited by kulugo; November 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

That Four seconds you refer to is what i would call "dramatic effect" of course Luffy is going to have something bad ass to say before he delivers the second blow. i still hold my position that there are two strikes involved unless there is a mirror issue with that last panel. Luffy Threw a right, we all agree on that, as his first strike. If his body follows proper Rotation, in the final panel his LEFT let should be closest to our view(assuming he only rotated 90*degrees). For Luffy to end up in the pose shown in the final panel he would have had to rotate 270*degrees(3/4ths of a full rotation), but in the final Panel his RIGHT leg is up.
    It's true. You supported your idea in a very logical way.

i put a little more thought into it and i would say that in the panel when Luffy first strikes CC, CC almost seems as if he is being elevated(lifted) into the air-he has no legs and the curly Q curve of the base of his body seem to me to imply elevation
    I understand that CC has a logia body which makes him transform his lower half into gas and levitate, but with a strong punch like that I doubt he would be simply lifted. If he was hit with a simple punch, I may agree on that, but he was hit with that super strong punch.

I'll classify Luffy's punches by strength according to my comprehension
    1. Simple punch, also known as Gomu Gomu Pistol, is the weakest of his attacks.
    2. Jet Pistol Punch is a little stronger than the first one.
    3. The black punch with haki is stronger than jet pistol punch.
    4. Red Hook is super stronger than the black one.
    5. Elephant Gun is the strongest so far.

....then Luffy said his "dramatic effect" line...repositioned himself above CC and then either THREW A LEFT or DROPPED HIS SHOULDER INTO CC.
    To reposition himself, he needs something solid to push himself from into his opponent or whatever. It may be possible for a some logia users, but I don't think that applies to Luffy.
    Last edited by DIOMEDES; November 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post
    ok so, Caesar can produce Zoan devil fruits and he's giving them to Doflamingo. Doflamingo then gives it to some unnamed Yonkou.

what kind of Zoan are they exactly? just like Momo who can't turn back to normal form? what about his underlings? they have weird bodies, harpy, crocodile (brownbeard), goat, etc. are they part of smile zoan?

and about the last panel, where there appears to be a mistake.. i tried to mirror the image but it still doesn't fit. so probably Luffy just punched CC so hard he twisted his body. just like boxers do when they throw a powerful punch.

No one said that Momosuke can't turn back to hs human form.
    plus Cesar doesn't produce Smile he produce SAD the substance used by DD to create Smile.

Personally, I do think that in the next chapters we may see Law's true power in tearms of his DF's power. Once he has his heart back. I am predicting that without his heart his strength is somehow limited.

Moreover, I do think that it is odd if the World Government knew about this but didn't want to choice this way of achieving control of the Seas. Probably with a new Adimral Fleet - things will change. Assuming DD made his prodcution system of smile unknown to the WG- DD's defeat to Luffy will expose him to the WG and probably the WG will offer him a limited freedom in exchange for the smile.

I am just making a few suggestions. Or it could be that the Pacifisa Project will have robots with DF which is created by Vegapunk.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    just to correct this,but in mangas there's always this kind of problem.characters, who are moving to a speed close to light,can spell sentences as if their mouth were faster than them. Attacks so strong that cannot be dodged are commented by the opponent,who complains for being unable to avoid them . I post only this link of volume 58 because it's the best example and proof of my statement which I've ever found http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/549/11 look at the picture below,itachi's body is manipulated to kill Bee,but he could warn him despite his speed? Mangas fail here...
    Thank you for your for trying to help to illuminate this enigma that confuses all of us. The warning came simultaneously with the movement, but he was drawn as though he warned him after positioning himself perfectly for an attack behind his back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I do hope that the War against the Yonkou will not turn out to be a Supernova Vs Yonkou becasue I do'nt really thing it will be cool but I wouldlike Law and Luffy to go up against Big Mama's army to measure the strength of both SH and Heart's crew.

In relation to this, I wonder if Franky has made a discovery since he left the base. lool I ownder what happen to caribou's brothers - I mean it will be funny since he betrayed his brother, i wonder if his brother will be excuted. looooool

New Reply
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast