Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

48 46.60%
  • Ukitake Jushiro

1 0.97%
  • Unohana Retsu

27 26.21%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

5 4.85%
  • Someone from Zero Division

12 11.65%
  • Aizen (for lulz)

9 8.74%
  • I will post

1 0.97%
New Reply
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 516 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

I dunno, I wouldn't eliminate the chance of Hitsugaya fighting off JuhaBach just yet; we've already been told he was a child prodigy, and it's even been suggested that he's got the potential to become more powerful than the likes of Shunsui (during his fight against Starkk). Hitsugaya is a very complex character, and I personally believe he has learnt from his mistakes when fighting Aizen.

I know that it's a long-shot, but here's my prediction on the final showdown;
    • The Gotei 13 are going to face off against the Vandenreich, whereas Hitsugaya will eventually face JuhaBach. This battle will result in the 2 opposing forces defeating each other. Juhabach will reveal in his dying breath how the war was somehow manipulated by Aizen, who has snuck into the Royal Dimension during the conflict.
    • The Royal Guard (apart from Hikifune, who has gone MIA) and Ichigo will arrive at the Palace, and will find the workers within the palace slaughtered. Hikifune and the Soul King will come out of hiding, under Aizen's influence (perhaps even being controlled by him). The remaining Royal Guard members will tell Ichigo to find Aizen whilst they fight Hikifune (as she's the strongest of them).
    • Ichigo will find Aizen, who has evolved further, even past his Butterflaizen form; the Hougyoko has recognised him as its master again, but this time for good. Ichigo will then face off against Aizen in an epic final battle!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post

I know that it's a long-shot, but here's my prediction on the final showdown;
    • The Gotei 13 are going to face off against the Vandenreich, whereas Hitsugaya will eventually face JuhaBach. This battle will result in the 2 opposing forces defeating each other. Juhabach will reveal in his dying breath how the war was somehow manipulated by Aizen, who has snuck into the Royal Dimension during the conflict.
    • The Royal Guard (apart from Hikifune, who has gone MIA) and Ichigo will arrive at the Palace, and will find the workers within the palace slaughtered. Hikifune and the Soul King will come out of hiding, under Aizen's influence (perhaps even being controlled by him). The remaining Royal Guard members will tell Ichigo to find Aizen whilst they fight Hikifune (as she's the strongest of them).
    • Ichigo will find Aizen, who has evolved further, even past his Butterflaizen form; the Hougyoko has recognised him as its master again, but this time for good. Ichigo will then face off against Aizen in an epic final battle!
    Kyoraku also said it would take at least 100 years for hitsugaya to get to that level...he is nowhere close to the likes of bach who are so clearly above any SS captain(G13)

On another note, no offence but If any of what you have predicted is so much as hinted at in future manga chapters, I will take a leave of absence from work, withdraw my savings from the bank, buy a first class ticket to japan, find Kubo and proceed to brutally kill him in exchange for the last five years of my life .
    Last edited by Kyodai Senkan Mora; November 16, 2012 at 06:28 AM.
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia Khan View Post
    Calling the name is simple matter of pride otherwise Ichigo never called out and his sword is alway in shikai form.
    No and no and no
    His sword is in Shikai form for a different reason than this, he's like Kenpachi in a sense (although Kenpachi doesn't know the name of his Zanpakuto)

And Kubo always showed at least once the Shikai command for any character, especialy the first time they use their powers, which didn't happen with Isshin, also when using the Shikai, the Katana usually changes its form (with the exception of KS, RJ, Hyourinmaru, Suzumushi, and we all know their powers anyway), while Isshin's Engetsu kept its normal shape (that is of a regular Katana)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    No and no and no
    His sword is in Shikai form for a different reason than this, he's like Kenpachi in a sense (although Kenpachi doesn't know the name of his Zanpakuto)

And Kubo always showed at least once the Shikai command for any character, especialy the first time they use their powers, which didn't happen with Isshin, also when using the Shikai, the Katana usually changes its form (with the exception of KS, RJ, Hyourinmaru, Suzumushi, and we all know their powers anyway), while Isshin's Engetsu kept its normal shape (that is of a regular Katana)
    Why can't Engetsu use its power like all those other zanpakuto you quoted do?

Why is this a debate again? I mean, are we considering Isshin not being a normal shinigami or something? I'm lost.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Why can't Engetsu use its power like all those other zanpakuto you quoted do?

Why is this a debate again? I mean, are we considering Isshin not being a normal shinigami or something? I'm lost.
    They said that Isshin had his Shikai activated when he used GT, while I don't agree with that and I gave examples of how it's not the case
    Usually Kubo do show the Shikai command at least once, for any Shinigami, even Aizen didn't escape from this rule, yet Kubo didn't do it with Isshin, and we've seen Ichigo using GT vs the Gillian back at the beginning of the manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Sonia Typically when you call the name of the technique... It becomes stronger, so not so much pride but more necessity.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Hmm, possible. Although you'd think Isshin left SS after the Quincy Massacre like 200-300 years earlier. Or maybe not.

Interesting, but Yama didn't get killed by his own bankai, so he shouldn't technically be a part of its resurrection thing.
    Ichigo is more likely to face the bankai itself, I think
    yes but bach seems to imply that the bankai can raise the dead of those that were killed by the person invoking it and not only those that died by its blade directly -
    heres a link-

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/510/14

see bach said to CC - should I use your bankai to raise the corpses of your men. the CC didnt kill the fallen shinigami in SS that day! the Quincy killed them. So I think this clearly shows that the power of that bankai is for the weilder to raise the dead to fight on the weilders behalf.

normally the weilder is the one doing the raising- and CC earlier statement about raising those that he has killed using it is also true- they are dead- but I think it was just referenced that way as an example and not directly as a limitation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

They said that Isshin had his Shikai activated when he used GT, while I don't agree with that and I gave examples of how it's not the case
    Usually Kubo do show the Shikai command at least once, for any Shinigami, even Aizen didn't escape from this rule, yet Kubo didn't do it with Isshin, and we've seen Ichigo using GT vs the Gillian back at the beginning of the manga
    Isshin used a shikai ability while not in shikai. I thought it was obvious

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Isshin used a shikai ability while not in shikai. I thought it was obvious
    That's what I'm saying !
    But people here keep saying that if you use Shikai ability, you're in Shikai automatically while no

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I have voted for Isshin. I think, he is at least as strong as Shunsui, if not stronger. He is skilled, mature, and has a personality of a leader. Don't want to side track the discussion here but in my opinion, he could be as powerful as the members of Zero Division. I always believed he was from Zero Division.

I wonder what was meant by these words 'The clam before the storm' on panel 12. These words carry many possibilities. One of them, which bothers me, are we gonna see changes to Gotei 13. Juha's words come to my mind that Gotei 13 were brutal mob of killers or something like that. Assuming there will be changes, I wonder how will captains react. Especially, Shunsui and Ukitake.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

In a way i hope characters go through some serious changes not so much their personalities or anything but the way the fight, they care to much for their opponents in a way they all need some serious training
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I have voted for Isshin. I think, he is at least as strong as Shunsui, if not stronger. He is skilled, mature, and has a personality of a leader. Don't want to side track the discussion here but in my opinion, he could be as powerful as the members of Zero Division. I always believed he was from Zero Division.

I wonder what was meant by these words 'The clam before the storm' on panel 12. These words carry many possibilities. One of them, which bothers me, are we gonna see changes to Gotei 13. Juha's words come to my mind that Gotei 13 were brutal mob of killers or something like that. Assuming there will be changes, I wonder how will captains react. Especially, Shunsui and Ukitake.
    the problem with isshin however is that he has a family which i doubt he would easily give up, but i agree other than that he's qualified. I voted for unohana however.

I guess what he meant by that is that its just a brief peace since the upcoming battle is gonna be worse than the one that just ended and i guess in a way a false sense of security.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Burrocito's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Whoa!This I like ! Though I do feel like it ain't plausible because after his sword crumbled,all effects of KS had vanished...so even if Kirifune was under KS,after Aizen was sealed she wasn't anymore under the effects...(even Kyouraku was under KS in TPTB lol).Then again,even if by some miracle Kirifune is under KS,I doubt the other RG wouldn't have noticed.

I also like this,nice reminder.But there is still a very interesting question IMO,if Yama-jii founded the Gotei 13 1000 years ago,exactly WHAT were the other Captain-Commanders prior to this ? I mean,now,Yama-jii was Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13,and we have normal captains of divisions,but if prior to Yama-jii there were no divisions what were they Captain-Commander of ? (Captain-Commander of Soul Society / Captain-Commander of the ...[whatever it was]).What I'm trying to say is that before the Gotei 13 were founded by Yama-jii,there was still the function of Captain-Commander,yet there were no divisions,hence there couldn't have been captains?Or maybe they were under another form of organization?There were previous leaders,but not of divisions,and it confuses me lol.

But Yama-jii said he is not the first Captain-Commander,so exactly what were the previous Captain-Commanders commanding ? (lol)
    - In the recent flashbacks of CC, it was related that there weren't captains - They were called divisions & he was the leader. This would imply that previously, there were leaders or other CC's that controlled the divisions - so there was just a different military structure. This point seems less confusing than the SS untold timeline - probably left nebulous as a device for filling in later.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm saying !
    But people here keep saying that if you use Shikai ability, you're in Shikai automatically while no
    Considering that's how it's been for the entire manga, then yes.
    Not trying to drag out a pointless debate, but whatever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving the sig lol Sky Render. Captain Komamura FTW

New Reply
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast