Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

48 46.60%
  • Ukitake Jushiro

1 0.97%
  • Unohana Retsu

27 26.21%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

5 4.85%
  • Someone from Zero Division

12 11.65%
  • Aizen (for lulz)

9 8.74%
  • I will post

1 0.97%
New Reply
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 516 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Base Aizen would be no stronger than bankai Aizen in the conventional sense if his bankai does not raise his base stats. He'll have access to powerful techniques but he'll be no faster, stronger etc.
    Exactly which means Aizen could cut people of his level in half with just his sword because they wouldn't be able to defend themselves under an illusion.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    @Zehahaha: I know he's not the previous Kenpachi, but he could well be a Kenpachi from long ago...
    Possible yeah, there's a good chance it may be the case, but although, that guy seems to me from the same era as Yamamoto, who knows

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@God That's a moot point IMO Ichigo was never really threatened in his fight with Kirge.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    @kkck

No he isn't the previous Kenpachi, Kubo already showed us what he look like, and he doesn't look like that RG fella, and also the previous Kenpachi is confirmed to be dead, killed by Zaraki
    Ahh, so there is only a similar beard.... Dunno, he still kinda reminded me of him. I know kenpachi killed a previous kenpachi but I was thinking that maybe there had been an extra kenpachi in the story. I guess it would be against the kenpachi thingy of each one having killed the predecessor...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Ichigo didn't come to SS at full power. He fought with Kirge first then emptied the bulk of his reiatsu into that cage he was imprisoned in by the very same enemy. There's no reason to suggest he managed to recuperate so fast in a short amount time. You saw his clothing and body when he arrived...
    I honestly don't believe that would've made a difference. Ichi at full power against the executive hunting captain didn't end well, and you think he would've stood a chance against the REAL sternreitters on the battle field? C'mon. The most ichi would've got was another page in the chapter lol
    Among thousands of comrades and ten thousand enemies, only you... only you made me forget my dream. I see it!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    He was? I thought he was an executive hunting captain. That title, to me at least, doesn't really ring with any true importance. That's not to knock his importance, but . . .he a scout. . .a scout lol. Ichi had trouble. . . with a scout.
    Ok then...you know he "one shotted" a Sternritter when he came through the portal right?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

So Aizen could have just actually break half of Gotei Captains' bankais instead of just slashing them... it looks kind of easy to more or less make someone completely weak FOR ETERNITY (in comparison to villains-weak, not like any captain in just shikai isn't stronger than every other shinigami in Gotei sans Ikkaku/Renji/Yumichika/some more VCs).

ex oriente lux

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    He was a SR, the fact that Juha Bach gave him a " letter " like other SRs if a fact that he was one, and it seems on top of that, he was the captain of the Hunting squad at HM (gathering Arrancars and shit)
    True, but this was an occupation ANY of the SR could've done. He's still a scout . .. a scout lol. A scout who served as another 'stepping stone' to peace. As Buckbeard would put it lol.
    Among thousands of comrades and ten thousand enemies, only you... only you made me forget my dream. I see it!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What about kyoraku? The guy seems to be stronger than your average captain, I would find it strange that he would be unable to hold his ground against a royal....
    Aren't you overestimating Kyoraku a little bit. He beat Stark yes, but he did it in his sneaky stab from the back routine...they had a pretty even fight...Together with around 8 other captain level opponents he could not land a single hit on pre-hogyoku Aizen and the original data book places his power below that of Unohana...but suddenly he can go toe to toe with the royal guard who number five and exceed the entire G13...what's your basis for this claim?
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ahh, so there is only a similar beard.... Dunno, he still kinda reminded me of him. I know kenpachi killed a previous kenpachi but I was thinking that maybe there had been an extra kenpachi in the story. I guess it would be against the kenpachi thingy of each one having killed the predecessor...
    If we take the novel into consideration, we know so far 4 Kenpachi out of 11 : Zaraki (11th), Kiganjo (10th), Azashiro's lieutenant (9th), and Azashiro himself (8th)
    Azashiro's lieutenant was killed by Kiganjo probably, and Kiganjo by Zaraki, only Azashiro didn't die because he stopped his rebellion and gave in when Zero Squad showed up apparently, he was killed by Zaraki in the novel tho later on

P.S : Ah my bad, forgot the 7th Kenpachi who was killed by Azashiro : Kuruyashiki
    Last edited by Zehahaha; November 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I honestly don't believe that would've made a difference. Ichi at full power against the executive hunting captain didn't end well, and you think he would've stood a chance against the REAL sternreitters on the battle field? C'mon. The most ichi would've got was another page in the chapter lol
    Kirge was a Stern Ritter and Ichigo did pretty well against him. Did you not see the fight? Ichigo had Kirge basically cornered to the point where he was contemplating calling for help because he was that helpless against him. Also, a weakened Ichigo one shotted a Stern Ritter once he came straight out of the portal, so I'm not sure what your point is here
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; November 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@God:-

I like your theory, about this Royal Guards having something stronger than Bankai. I think they've possibly mastered their "final" forms to a point that they can use them indefinitely (imagine if Ichigo could use his Final Getsuga Tenshou form without any limits). We already know that Ichigo's final form didn't result in him losing his powers forever; it just knocked him out of the game for a while. Perhaps, with enough skill, a final form can be used just like a Bankai (except it would be insanely powerful of course).

We also know that Aizen took a blow from Ichigo's final form and he pretty much tanked it and regenerated. Going by that, Aizen must have fused with the Hougyoku in order to face opponents at a similar level within the Soul King's realm. Because of this, it's very well plausible that the Royal Guard have this level of power.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Byakuya have less and blades each time in bankai? lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    Do you think anyone Zero Sqaud could've beaten Juha if they had their bankais stolen? I don't think so. It was implied Yamamoto could've won had he been able to use his bankai to fight. As I've said, I'm sure there are other shinigami stronger than Yama. I just don't think there are any in Zero Squad. If anything, I would expect them to be somewhere in between Yamamoto and his captains. If the manga confirms otherwsie, then fine, but i don't see that happening. It's not like you have any evidence to refute my opnion anyway. You're working off of less than I am.
    Yamamoto might have been able to win against Bach With his Bankai but only if you limit Bach to what he has shown us so far. I agree that Bankai Yamamoto is likely stronger than Bach but what we saw was base Yama being decimated by base Bach. If Yama was severely injured before the fight I might accept or but from what was shown I'd say that Bach was quite a bit stronger than Yama.

This means we need stronger Shinigami to compete against an enemy who incapacitated, killed or stole the Bankai's of a large number of the Gotei 13.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Ok then...you know he "one shotted" a Sternritter when he came through the portal right?
    This is true, but something is off, wouldn't you agree. The power levels of each SR is almost rollercoaster-like. Some appear to be much more capable than others.

New Reply
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast