Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

48 46.60%
  • Ukitake Jushiro

1 0.97%
  • Unohana Retsu

27 26.21%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

5 4.85%
  • Someone from Zero Division

12 11.65%
  • Aizen (for lulz)

9 8.74%
  • I will post

1 0.97%
New Reply
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 516 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    It doesn't seem the quincy called themselves vandenreich 1000 years ago but so what? And what do you mean that their advancements made them vandenreich? Vandenreich is just a name they adopted, not an actual attainable state of being or something. At least the manga has not yet suggested vandenreich is something which the group became by fulfilling a set of conditions.

I was not talking about yamamoto's moral fiber, I was talking about his actual measurable power. All I am saying is that yamamoto got to where he was in terms of strength through a extremely long lifetime of training and dedication and the manga won't last enough for any of the captains we know to surpass him. Yamamoto was just a person, he had his flaws and it is very likely the story and future flashbacks will deal with them. I do personally think he did an overall good job though.

Anyways, in terms of strength we do have plenty of information to suggest yamamoto was indeed the greatest at least in his lifetime and perhaps ever (for normal souls, ichigo and aizen are different topics). Yamamoto was the leader of the gotei 13 when all of them were a bunch of murderous thugs and he kept them under control. Even now the captains are potentially lethal to manage without having a decent bit of strength behind the manager. heck, if kyoraku had gotten there 30 seconds later perhaps the situation would have been something that could not be dealt with solely through with words as he did. There is also the databook which from what I recall suggests that the only reason he was not promoted to the RG was because there was no one to replace him. Even if only against a stern rittern, yamamoto is the only confirmed case of someone actually getting past blutz. There is also the consideration that by the time yamamoto fought the actual juhabach he had already used his bankai for a while. Yamamoto did imply his bankai hurt him and even juhabach taunted him about having already used his strength against his copy. It is pretty reasonable to suggest that the yamamoto who fought the real bach was a powered down one who on top of everything was rid of his bankai. Obviously there is no way to know how the fight would have gone under different circumstances as it is also true juhabach did not even use his volstandig.
    I didn't state that the Vandenreich was an attainable state. I'm saying they are who they today because of what they've achieved up to today. They took on the title for reasons unknown.

When I speak on Yamamoto, I speak on his being as a whole. As you have easily done, you've created a case for Yama. ANYONE can create a case for yama, but the fact remains he lost. Yes, you are correct, who knows the outcome had he faced Buckbeard head on. I still have to say Buckbeard stated he was the only one who could obtain yama's bankai, because he was the only one with the power to do so. Looking at how Yama was dealt with, I wouldn't refute that claim. The claim being he had to the power to beat Yama.

I still stand by the possibility there will be a number of characters at or above Yama's level. I'm a wishful thinker like that. nonsense? yeah, but we'll see. I don't count my eggs before they hatch.
    Among thousands of comrades and ten thousand enemies, only you... only you made me forget my dream. I see it!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why are people pissed about a person being "fat" in the Zero Squad?.

thank god, none of them look African. I can see the remarks on that one being obvious.

They all look interesting and all of them used to be members of the Gotei 13 at one point in time, so for them to be chosen to be in a special division reserved for the Royal Palace tells me they are not to be taken lightly. Despite their physical appearances or looks and maybe Kubo purposely designed them that way to show how dumb some of you are about said differences.

Remember, Majin Buu for example. He kicked a lot of a$$ in DBZ in his fat form, skinny form and kid form. And it's a fictional story.

Big Mam is fat as hell and she's a Yonkou in One Piece. The hell, you bias pieces of....

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/27723931/6

Is Mayuri talking about "not repairing, but modifying" his bankai or his shikai?
    Well obviously Mayuri can somehow make his bankai usable even after it getting destroyed.

ex oriente lux

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stzake View Post
    Nice chapter.

Did anyone notice that kubo give up his 'kubostylecoolguy' thing? Nobody is like that in RG.

Whatever, kubo confirmed before this arc start that if shinsui realesed his bankai, he could defeat Aizen.

Guys, Yamaji was the strongest shinigami. The fact that RG's power greater than all of the g13 doesn't mean these guys can take yamaji in one-to-one.
    And, JB > Yamaji with shikai, JB < Yamaji with bankai.
    Yeah Yama is probably the strongest Shinigami in terms of "raw power". Yet he clearly didn't think that Zanka no Tachi would have done anything to defeat Aizen pre-Hogyoku transformations. Because if that was the case then we would have seen the Senior Captains use their Bankai to beat him and not risk all of them dying, the Gotei 13 collapsing and Aizen ascending to the throne. Aizen proved that a combination of raw power + powerful ability can take down the entire Gotei 13 and do so without him ever having to utter the word Bankai. So its not really that surprising that the Zero Division combined are said go be greater then all of the Gotei 13. All five of them might very well be apart of the Royal Guard because of the fact that they are "unique" Shinigami and not just typical raw power reliant Shinigami.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Not sure if this may have been mentioned already. But I think the Bankai thing might be a bit of a reach for Kubo because of one example. When Kubo had Mayuri was talking about other Captains having their Bankai damaged and never being the same again he neglected to mention that Mayuri's Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo was ripped down the middle and Mayuri himself was left in this state. I don't even think that Ikkaku and Ryumon Hozukimaru were left in that bad of a state after his battle. If Mayuri claims that Ryumon Hozukimaru's power isn't even a fraction of what it use to be then Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo is in the same boat if not even worse off. Yet it had no problem being used in battle in HM. And as far as we've seen Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo looks to be exactly the same and there was no mention or indication of it becoming a fraction of what it once was power wise. And its not like Mayuri was ever considered to be a "power house" Captain who used his overwhelming power in battle, so Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo only having a fraction of its power should make it a rather weak Bankai by Captain standards at best. Idk, maybe it was hoped that most readers wouldn't remember that ever happening.

His bankai wasnt broke in two as you can see he used it to kill himself to be reborn. He literally meant the sword itself is broke while in a bankai state then it because less powerful not destroying whatever the bankai manifests.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I still stand by the possibility there will be a number of characters at or above Yama's level. I'm a wishful thinker like that. nonsense? yeah, but we'll see. I don't count my eggs before they hatch.
    I hope to get an answer soon. May be the Zero Division has at least a captain or two rivaling Yamamoto. I am wishful thinker as well by believing that few characters will surpass him. If we are talking about shinigami alone and no hollow or other power-source, then Yamamoto might have been the strongest shinigami.

Back to the chapter, I am not sure where Kubo is heading with the broken sword development. Surely, not many would be interested to see some chapters dedicated to its repair. We already had the fullbring arc for regaining his powers. What I wont be minding is seeing Ichigo going to his inner-world.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the idea that his sword half with the hilt will be turned into a new form, shortening his extreme long sword a bit for once, the other half could be turned into something else, let your imagination loose.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I hope to get an answer soon. May be the Zero Division has at least a captain or two rivaling Yamamoto. I am wishful thinker as well by believing that few characters will surpass him. If we are talking about shinigami alone and no hollow or other power-source, then Yamamoto might have been the strongest shinigami.
    I reckon that the Royal Guard were given power rivaling that of Yamamoto. That would make sense, leave 1 "the real Yamamoto" to protect the SS and have 5 Yamamoto-equals to protect the Soul King.

If they weren't given that power and actually rivaled Yamamoto, then it would be even more awesome. Either explanation of where they got their power is good.

Quote Quote:
    Back to the chapter, I am not sure where Kubo is heading with the broken sword development. Surely, not many would be interested to see some chapters dedicated to its repair. We already had the fullbring arc for regaining his powers. What I wont be minding is seeing Ichigo going to his inner-world.
    I really hope he isn't just gonna make Ichigo become full Vandenreich-style Quincy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

REGARDING THE BROKEN BANKAI-?

Ok so ichigos bankai is broken. If it was so effortless for the quincy- or at least this quincy to break a shinigamis bankai- Why bother to steal them. why not just break them one by one and then tromp all over SS.

THey must want the powers of the bankai for something. Since they cant steal ichigos- the next best thing was what... to disable him?

hmm.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xpose85 View Post
    His bankai wasnt broke in two as you can see he used it to kill himself to be reborn. He literally meant the sword itself is broke while in a bankai state then it because less powerful not destroying whatever the bankai manifests.
    What are you talking about? Both Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo is split in half and the actual sword in Majuri's hand is also broken in half.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

good chapter. the explanation about the broken bankai was needed,kon wasn't, and finally we saw the 0th squad!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

@Zerocooldx : Majuri can modify his bankai: he said that a bankai when it's destroyed can't go back to the way it used to be, however, his bankai is not the same: at the very least, the chemicals it produces are different from the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ceasar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally the zero division they seem interesting as many have already written I wonder if they will be critical of what has occurred in SS or understanding; I also wonder about their perceptions on ichigo. About the information on bankai I don't believe much of what mayuri has said will apply to ichigo. All throughout this grand adventure ichigo has defied norms and been everything different then what is expected his bankai will just end up being just another example of this.

I don't know how many of you read underscore's reviews but he surely will be delighted given the reappearance of the great Kon lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    @Zerocooldx : Majuri can modify his bankai: he said that a bankai when it's destroyed can't go back to the way it used to be, however, his bankai is not the same: at the very least, the chemicals it produces are different from the original.
    No he can't. The modifying part that Mayuri was talking about applied only to a Shikai, not a Bankai. A Shikai can be repaired and modified the way that Mayuri first explains it to Ichigo and then he says dealing with a Bankai is a different story. He stated how Ryumon Hozukimaru only has a fraction of its power now because it was damaged, the same applies to Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo. Yet there are no signs or indications of that being the case even though it was split in half by Uryu.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Wilsonpierre's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow been awhile the last time I post something...

here's my predictions!

The 0th squad put together are stronger then the gotei 13 because:

* Their unique ability or that the Spirit king somehow boost their power level (like what Aizen did to the arrancar with the orb)

* I think too that the chubby lady is hikifune - and on top of that I am pretty sure she's not the weakess of the group

* Another thing that got my intention and was mention by someone else too - maybe but just maybe Ishinn put the hiori like that so we don't see the squad zero logo on it

For Ichigo I am not sure what to think about is future, use some quincy tech for a moment? go talk to zengenstu, special trainning with Ishiin? oh well...

New Reply
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast