Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

    48 46.60%
  • Ukitake Jushiro

    1 0.97%
  • Unohana Retsu

    27 26.21%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

    5 4.85%
  • Someone from Zero Division

    12 11.65%
  • Aizen (for lulz)

    9 8.74%
  • I will post

    1 0.97%
New Reply
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 574

Thread: Bleach 516 Discussion

  1. #466
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    @Razh
    yep you are right...its same...thx for clearing that out

    @Jorge D. Dragon
    yea you were right..isshin's hiori is captain one...checked and rechecked it
    but i still feel him living in a gigai and making kids out of that is bit weird...but that's story...i hope there is some other stuff which could make him a real human (atleast a human body) ...but there is very less chance for that happening... although i still think that isshin at some point of time used FGT and lost his shinigami powers which he gained sometime back...that could be the reason he couldn't save masaki when she died and he regrets it...maybe he decided to gain back his shinigami powers when ichigo became soul reaper coz he didn't want to loose his son too...
    could the reason that isshin's full hiori is not shown be that the symbol on his hiroi is of 0 squad ? if kubo would have shown his full cape before then we would have noticed the symbol on his cape which did not belong to any of the 13 squads...maybe this time he will wear his full cape and reveal the symbol on it...(now we know what symbol is there on squad 0 cape)

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #467
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    So Hitsugaya's using ice techniques too back at the Fullbring arc means that he had his Shikai activated... while it wasn't ? Or Yamamoto using fire to obliterate Ayon while he didn't release his Shikai ?

    I gave proofs, you gave nothing, so how am I saying doesn't make sense ?
    I've noticed this as well and I agree.. a few chapters back, Aizen did the VERY same thing by throwing Bach off his sense of time a tiny little bit.
    The nature of the reatsu of a shinigami, maybe any spiritual being in the entire manga, seems to hold the texture of their abilities.

    Aizen used his reatsu, which holds the texture of changing a person perception of their 6 senses (the 6th being reatsu), while being suppressed in the prison chair.
    Obviously some reatsu most have leaked out...

    As you mentioned yourself, we have seen many, many cases in Bleach where a shinigami uses their zanpaktou abilities without their zanpaktou or while in shikai/bankai.

    It all boils down to saying the shikai ability name, which makes the ability stronger, while not doing so, still performs the technique, but at a weaker state/strength.
    However saying the name should should also awaken a shikai.

    Thus I don't see a solution to the Ishin issue against Aizen, because it looked like a completely normal zanpaktou.
    Yet Ishin did mention controlling the size of zanpaktou's to Grand Fisher, so perhaps it's somewhere there the truth is hiding.

    At any case, if it's true that Ishin didn't even release shikai against Aizen, then he might hold the power to be the next CC, however, I heavily dislike how both he and Yama did hold back, while having the power to go way further against Aizen.
    Why do they have shikai/bankai to begin with if they don't use it when its clearly needed?

    I also liked that someone said that Ishin may not want it cause he has a family now, I tend to agree to that argument.

    Heck, there may not even be selected a new CC at all, not next chapter, not ever. For example if something changes with the spirit king, what if the Royal Realm falls as well? Will there be a new structure?
    Will Ichigo be the one to set the rules of the spiritual world? Not now, but at the very end of the manga? It's possible..

  4. #468
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I'm loving the sig lol Sky Render. Captain Komamura FTW
    yea nice sig sky
    i used to think that he was a doggy...well do we have another hybrid here

  5. #469
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    So ichigo can't use bankai??? What a shame! His heavenly bankai,the only one which can't be stolen. Uhm,so a training will start,where he will learn how to use Quincy techniques. Maybe with a war potential: either Ishida or ryuken(no,the latter isn't one of them)

  6. #470
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    So ichigo can't use bankai??? What a shame! His heavenly bankai,the only one which can't be stolen. Uhm,so a training will start,where he will learn how to use Quincy techniques. Maybe with a war potential: either Ishida or ryuken(no,the latter isn't one of them)
    Unless there is a different translation out there I don't think ichigo will have any trouble using bankai. It just won't be as fast or strong as it used to be.

  7. #471
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    It all boils down to saying the shikai ability name, which makes the ability stronger, while not doing so, still performs the technique, but at a weaker state/strength.
    However saying the name should should also awaken a shikai.
    So Isshin launched http://www.mangareader.net/94-52554-...apter-406.html whilst NOT in shikai? xd Damn, that makes him BEAST I guess. Urahara didn't think his Kidos would kill Aizen, but he asked if it worked when Isshin launched GT. Isshin's GT, tied with Yamaji's abilities>>>every other technique in terms of destructive power.

    But I think Isshin is in constant Shikai state like Ichigo. If Isshin without Shikai could be on par with Aizen, that makes Isshin without Shikai stronger than G13 without Yamaji with their zanpakutos and bankais. And Isshin's bankai... No, he must be in constant Shikai. If non-shikai GT was THAT strong, that it could heavily damage Aizen, then bankai GT would destroy... freakin' everything and everyone. I don't even want to think how strong Isshin is, if he still has Shikai and Bankai.

  8. #472
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    What is this debate all about? Not every Shikai takes a different form from a normal sealed Zanpakutou. Just to name a few examples, Gin, Byakuya, Hitsugaya, Yamamoto, Komamura, Tousen, Aizen, Rangiku.. Some abilities don't require the blade to change at all. And when Isshin used a Getsuga Tenshou, who says that wasn't his released Engetsu? Ichigo's Zangetsu looks like that because he has no control over his reiatsu, so the blade is rough and oversized, but that doesn't mean his Zanpakutou would be the same if he had better control at the time he recovered his powers back at Urahara's basement.

    As for being able to use Bankai again, Ichigo most definitely can. Mayuri mentioned a decrease in power when talking about Ikkaku's Hoziukimaro, but only because it turns into three blades with nothing more, so when it broke into a hundred pieces and glued back together, it's obviously not going to be as effective as it could break again easily. In Renji's case the only change was a lower amount of segments in his Bankai. In Ichigo's case the Bankai is both the Zanpakutou and the black coat, and I assume the speed comes from the coat, while offense increase comes from the sword, so it breaking must just limit his use of Getsuga Tenshou as it is released from the tip. That and attacking and defending with the blade, as it's now pretty much worthless with only half it's length.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  9. #473
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    So, Ichigo's going to be the first shinigami, in the history of ever, to have a reforged bankai that's stronger than the original? Sounds about right. I've been thinking that it's something that the quincy could be adept at, I just have a feeling they'd be skilled in forging spirit weapons, if the Vandenreich's ability to steal bankai is anything to go by.

    The appearance of Zero Division.. Wow, they took their sweet time. Did they hold back to ensure the Vandenreich didn't advance in to the royal dimension, or was it to highlight how weak the old man had made the 13 divisions? I suppose it could be that they didn't want their bankai stolen hm.

    Either way, I reckon one of them is going to be a hostile prick to the Gotei 13, it feels like a given. It'll be one of the smiling captains as well, just to make the mockery worse. Particularly if they rub their faces in the fact that they've depended on a human to deal with their problems (Ichigo). Hopefully they'll do the smart thing and release Aizen, his quest to surpass the king is seemingly over, he'll be a valuable asset to any counter offensive.
    Last edited by frontaLobotomy; November 16, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

  10. #474
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Regarding the shikai debate...I think it's a pretty vague assumption to say that Isshin is special because he released a tech, while not being in shikai...while we know that if one has bankai then there's no need to say the shikai release...having bankai means that the shikai and its abilities can come out without having to explicitly call it out(Renji vs Byakuya IIRC)

    The only logical conclusion from what the manga showed us is that Isshin has bankai...and that's kinda it I think

  11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #475
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,906
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    They said that Isshin had his Shikai activated when he used GT, while I don't agree with that and I gave examples of how it's not the case
    Usually Kubo do show the Shikai command at least once, for any Shinigami, even Aizen didn't escape from this rule, yet Kubo didn't do it with Isshin, and we've seen Ichigo using GT vs the Gillian back at the beginning of the manga
    Actually it was never stated as getsuga tenshou instead was just his "ken'atsu" as shown in:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/460/14
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/460/15
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/460/16


    ANYWAY
    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I wonder what was meant by these words 'The clam before the storm' on panel 12. These words carry many possibilities. One of them, which bothers me, are we gonna see changes to Gotei 13. Juha's words come to my mind that Gotei 13 were brutal mob of killers or something like that.
    I somewhat agree with that, yammamoto in his younger days can only be more ruthless which can only lead to brutal killings with a secret purpose hidden by having only the original 13 division, who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by frontaLobotomy View Post
    Either way, I reckon one of them is going to be a hostile prick to the Gotei 13, it feels like a given. It'll be one of the smiling captains as well, just to make the mockery worse. Particularly if they rub their faces in the fact that they've depended on a human to deal with their problems (Ichigo). Hopefully they'll do the smart thing and release Aizen, his quest to surpass the king is seemingly over, he'll be a valuable asset to any counter offensive.
    Somehow it's foreseen since they're the upper echelon, on the releasing aizen thing though? As some people including myself would like to see how that works out, I highly doubt it's going to happen since he would just Kyouka Suigetsu everyone's ass the second he has the chance , unless there's an ability by the royal guard to nullify that ability.
    Last edited by hollowdemon; November 16, 2012 at 09:02 PM.


    *The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

  13. #476
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Regarding the shikai debate...I think it's a pretty vague assumption to say that Isshin is special because he released a tech, while not being in shikai...while we know that if one has bankai then there's no need to say the shikai release...having bankai means that the shikai and its abilities can come out without having to explicitly call it out(Renji vs Byakuya IIRC)

    The only logical conclusion from what the manga showed us is that Isshin has bankai...and that's kinda it I think
    I don't know, this might not be an Isshin question but rather a GT question. It would be interesting if Isshin simply released his own Reiatsu through a sealed Engetsu because as we've seen with Ichigo, and as Ulquiorra commented, GT is basically like a Cero in the sense that its raw Reiatsu being released. Sure the color and power of GT may change, but the concept behind the attack obviously remains the same. Granted the argument that Engetsu is like some of the other Zanpakuto we've seen in the sense that there is no real change from its sealed form to its Shikai works as well. But the former of the two arguments may hold some weight as well.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  14. #477
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    does anyone else think that the zero squad will be like-
    Soooo your ichigo, isshins kid huh"? wow- hey hows your old man- I havent seen him in a century. lol- ehhh whats that you say? broke your bankai? lol. thats ok- everyone in zero squad has done that at some point- How do you think we ended up getting so strong- we reforged our bankais an took them to the next level.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #478
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    does anyone else think that the zero squad will be like-
    Soooo your ichigo, isshins kid huh"? wow- hey hows your old man- I havent seen him in a century. lol- ehhh whats that you say? broke your bankai? lol. thats ok- everyone in zero squad has done that at some point- How do you think we ended up getting so strong- we reforged our bankais an took them to the next level.
    This would be cool.

    And this is also cool


  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #479
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    P.Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Country
    Kenya
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I wonder what was meant by these words 'The calm before the storm' on panel 12. These words carry many possibilities.
    I too am curious about this statement but I don't think it has to do with the Gotei 13...Do you feel its a bit suspicious they were uttered just before the arrival of the Royal Guard? Don't you also find it odd that Ichigo is the only non-captain meeting up with the Guard, not to mention an outsider who may be related to someone who the guard possibly considers a traitor?(Isshin)...Remember even Shinji said he did not recommend Ichigo being there....I think the Royal Guard are the storm, it's the perfect opportunity to Start solving the Isshin mystery once and for all in order to Ichigo to decide his identity on his own....I think the words were directed at Ichigo...I think the RG will be his enemy(if only for a while).....I also think the loss of his bankai and the RG being on his case will make him turn to Bach and that is how he will go back to full power: bankai (fixed) plus Quincy
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo


  19. #480
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    What is this debate all about? Not every Shikai takes a different form from a normal sealed Zanpakutou. Just to name a few examples, Gin, Byakuya, Hitsugaya, Yamamoto, Komamura, Tousen, Aizen, Rangiku.. Some abilities don't require the blade to change at all. And when Isshin used a Getsuga Tenshou, who says that wasn't his released Engetsu? Ichigo's Zangetsu looks like that because he has no control over his reiatsu, so the blade is rough and oversized, but that doesn't mean his Zanpakutou would be the same if he had better control at the time he recovered his powers back at Urahara's basement.

    As for being able to use Bankai again, Ichigo most definitely can. Mayuri mentioned a decrease in power when talking about Ikkaku's Hoziukimaro, but only because it turns into three blades with nothing more, so when it broke into a hundred pieces and glued back together, it's obviously not going to be as effective as it could break again easily. In Renji's case the only change was a lower amount of segments in his Bankai. In Ichigo's case the Bankai is both the Zanpakutou and the black coat, and I assume the speed comes from the coat, while offense increase comes from the sword, so it breaking must just limit his use of Getsuga Tenshou as it is released from the tip. That and attacking and defending with the blade, as it's now pretty much worthless with only half it's length.
    Byakuya's shikai breaks the blade of his zanpakuto into multiple blades that he can control with his mind, Hitsuguya's gains a chain with a sickle attached to the end of it. Tousen's does change, though not as much as Yamamoto's, which changes from a shikomidzue into an orange nihonto

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I don't know, this might not be an Isshin question but rather a GT question. It would be interesting if Isshin simply released his own Reiatsu through a sealed Engetsu because as we've seen with Ichigo, and as Ulquiorra commented, GT is basically like a Cero in the sense that its raw Reiatsu being released. Sure the color and power of GT may change, but the concept behind the attack obviously remains the same. Granted the argument that Engetsu is like some of the other Zanpakuto we've seen in the sense that there is no real change from its sealed form to its Shikai works as well. But the former of the two arguments may hold some weight as well.
    Actually Ichigo stated, in his fight against Byakuya, that GT is in fact him feeding his Reiatsu to Zangetsu, which hardens it and then spits it out in a wave

New Reply
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts