Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

48 46.60%
  • Ukitake Jushiro

1 0.97%
  • Unohana Retsu

27 26.21%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

5 4.85%
  • Someone from Zero Division

12 11.65%
  • Aizen (for lulz)

9 8.74%
  • I will post

1 0.97%
New Reply
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 516 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    This is what excites me the most at the moment. How strong each of them are in comparison to Yamamoto? Yama claimed to be the strongest shinigami over 100 years. Was he considering the Zero Division as well?
    1000 years, thorn.

Well, Hikifune was promoted to the RG right before the events of TBTP (it's why the 12th Division has a vacancy which Urahara proceeds to fill), so unless Hikifune magically surpassed Yama, I doubt it. I think it's more that the five RG could handle the 12 regular Captains and then the five of them together could beat Yama, not that they're each more powerful than Yama.

Thanks for pointing out the typo |toc
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; November 14, 2012 at 03:27 AM.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The obvious solution is to simply ask Orihime to reject the fact that his bankai is broken. Then she should proceed to reject Yamamoto's death and fix the entire Bleachverse.

She has resurrected Menoly and she can do it again.
    Last edited by spunge; November 14, 2012 at 03:37 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by shane1594 View Post
    Bleach has always been 'dark' in nature. I fail to remember any time where it wasn't. There may have been comedic moments, but that's all.
    i was talking about the lil humour we get in between only... we have funny yet strong characters like urahara,shinji even shunsui...that is what i meant...im hoping they end up on similar lines... bleach only way of presenting humour is through characters weird personalities... and its been all dark since this arc started... so lil comic relief is not bad at the moment...and im hoping this time strongest one out of 5(centre one i assume) is not a serious character like yamaji but a funny one...they don't always have to look badass to be badass...

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    This is what excites me the most at the moment. How strong each of them are in comparison to Yamamoto? Yama claimed to be the strongest shinigami over 1000 years. Was he considering the Zero Division as well?
    i guess hikifune will be weakest of 5...they all together could take down gotei 13...so they definitely are greater than or equal to the VR army that invaded SS...i think they will be close to or equal to yamaji but not greater...so 5 yamaji are defnitely greater than g13...
    Last edited by dex; November 14, 2012 at 03:33 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. Magnificent.

We got an incredible chapter with a lot of callbacks to the old Bleach, thus wrapping this arc together with the rest of the story (something Lost Agent arc lacked). We got Kon back. And in the Zero Division...

Not a single bishonen.

This poster is happy. So much for Kubo always drawing the same faces, huh.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still hoping that the cute one, as you labeled it in the poll, is related to Yoruichi somehow and it would explain why she doesn't use her zanpakuto. Perhaps her family doesn't use their zanpakuto or exude their power through items that aren't swords (not Fullbringing though because they're shinigami). We'll see. Yoruichi does carry around her sealed zanpakuto in that flashback with Urahara, but that's probably because Captains, in times of war (you'll recall that in the SS arc, Captains normally didn't carry their zanpakuto around and it was forbidden to release your zanpakuto in certain areas), have to carry their zanpakuto around.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    1000 years, thorn.

Well, Hikifune was promoted to the RG right before the events of TBTP (it's why the 12th Division has a vacancy which Urahara proceeds to fill), so unless Hikifune magically surpassed Yama, I doubt it. I think it's more that the five RG could handle the 12 regular Captains and then the five of them together could beat Yama, not that they're each more powerful than Yama.
    I agree. I think Yamamoto is the one who recommends a captain to Zero Division's position. Regardless, Hikifune, must have shown immense improvement and potential to be promoted. I would think, Yamamoto is at least equal or slightly powerful than each member of ZD. I'd go with the later.

The system makes sense - the most powerful shinigami looking after rest of Gotei 13. While, the shinigamis having strengths either equal or slightly lower than Yama, handling the duty of protecting the king. From whats said, their combined power should exceed Gotei 13 including Yamamoto.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Excellent. Magnificent.

We got an incredible chapter with a lot of callbacks to the old Bleach, thus wrapping this arc together with the rest of the story (something Lost Agent arc lacked). We got Kon back. And in the Zero Division...

Not a single bishonen.

This poster is happy. So much for Kubo always drawing the same faces, huh.
    Now the faces look too different.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else want to make an initial ranking for the 5 zero squadron members?

I rank bald bearded dude as 1, or the strongest among the 5.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Spunge
    It might actually work as far as reviving old-man yama and fixing ichigo's zanpaktou. I'm a big fan of yammamoto and wouldn't like nothing more than him making a comeback to kick their asses again, although it seems a bit stretched at this point since there are no remains left of him.

It would just be a spit on the vanderveichs faces though isn't it?
    VR: Let's make a statement by making a mess of soul society by killing the shinigami
    and most importantly completely annihilating yammamoto to a point of no existance left
    Orihime: It's ok, I can just reject everything that happened and make it all dandy again.....*gasp* KUROSAKI-KUN!!!

Chapter Topic
    Kon is still being experimented after all this while..? I'm a bit curious as to why he's still under surveillance and experimented on to this extent.
    I wonder who's going to replace byakuya and kenpachi if they won't be able to be captains anymore....for some reason I have a feeling both of them will be back, an integral of the captain team won't just disappear from a threat by the VR.
    Kyouraku's statements are making me curious: http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/516/14
    Obviously they live in the king's realm and their objective is to protect the king, but what is is that they are actually protecting in soul society..?
    There's a lot more to unveil and can't wait for the next chapter.

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a chapter. So much to process...
    Beginning with ichigos bankai, I was not expecting bankai breaking to be so serious but knowing how ichigo is special and now is partially a quincy im pretty sure he'll find a way to restore his bankai to its previous state. I like how mayuri accidentally tells ichigo about madarames bankai and hes like 'whoops its a secret, ohh whatever'.
    It was so good to see kon again and in a hilarious entrance, it literally had me laughing out loud, and its nice to know that he wasnt forgotton.
    The zero squad, obviously some of the captains didnt want ichigo there but that was probably because they dont want ichigo involved in soul society problems, like before. I was expecting squad zero soon but not this soon so it was definitely a pleasant surprise to see them. I cant wait until the next chapter to see their interactions with the current captains/ichigo.
    Last edited by meepers4982; November 14, 2012 at 03:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post

I am glad that Kommamura is finally getting some love (even if it is kind of a backhanded gift from Kubo).
    "Sure, Komamura's bankai is so lame that he always get owned... but it's also so special that he can repair it so he can get owned AGAIN!"

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the "wall" actually protects SS from the RG. The RG don't have to be "good" or anything. It could be argued that the reason that the Captains aren't happy about seeing the RG is that the RG always intimidate them or treat them like trash.

There could be some form of ultimate punishment/penalty/payment for the involvement of the RG, perhaps as the power source for their transport, wherein a Captain is sacrificed when the RG come to SS.

It's just a thought, but the Captains did look oddly unhappy in a situation where they should be being bailed out and therefore at least happier than before.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    "Sure, Komamura's bankai is so lame that he always get owned... but it's also so special that he can repair it so he can get owned AGAIN!"
    Someone should tell him to stop trying to fight Aizen all the time...
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but notice 5 Special War Potentials vs 5 Royal guard ???....Coincidence or part of Bach's plan all along to deal with their absurd power?

Also Hikifune= Fatty is pretty obvious...I'd bet an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by shane1594 View Post

Kon's appearance at this point served no purpose other than to waste three pages.
    This ^^

....Theory time...: If royal guard are usually a fixed number (5) and Hikifune got promoted about 100 years ago...maybe it was to fill the vacancy left by Ishin. I wonder if Ichigo will be attacked for maybe having similar reiatsu as Ishin
    Last edited by Kyodai Senkan Mora; November 14, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

has everyone forgot the fact that aizen whooped the vizards + the captains + yamaji + a top ranking espada in like 2 secs lol...

my ranking of the RG left to right.

is: fat chick is 2nd weakest, skinny dude is strongest, monk dude is 3rd strongest, hot chick is 2nd strongest, and big mouth is the weakest.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast